Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Battle Royale

LordPancakez

Just imagined it...100 people jumping around with Rhino for 30 minutes, all cluster up at the end for that glorious shot from Lenz that takes care of all 100.

PvP may have a chance, however slim if there are actual servers, more maps and reward other than reputation farm - E.G. put it on the place of the Index.

Sorry everyone for replying so late as the original person to start this thread.

Next other than everyone else who don't like the PvP module of the game or dismiss the idea completely can just mosey over. 

Now, for those with an open mind, I agree that there are plenty of other Battle Royale games already out there but what could make the difference in Warframe would be components already unique to it such as the archwing, parkour movements, upcoming k-drives, modding weapons and frames. ofc the rules will be different for the mode similar to the conclave. But imho a person on a K-drive out-maneuvering an archwing or a dargyn and taking a kill seems thoughtful. Warframe has plenty of components to make a unique battle Royale mode unlike most other which honestly though maybe "AAA classified" but other than the graphics, animation, have very slight implementation changes. 

Coming to the next big issue I think(Correct me if i am wrong about this point before simply throwing in your criticism) conclave can go 12v12 and thus works on a server client model unlike the other parts of the game which run on peer-peer model.

Also, I already do play Overwatch, Fortnite, TF2, so please stop suggesting me such games.

On 2018-09-14 at 12:26 PM, LordPancakez said:

Warframe open worlds are really big and recently Battle Royale PvP are up and coming so a way to bring back PvP in warframe could be introduction of a Battle Royale mode in the open world of Eidolon and/or Fortuna.

What does everyone else think?

No. Every single game doesn't need a battle royale mode! I cannot wait for this trend to end. smh

18 minutes ago, LordPancakez said:

Sorry everyone for replying so late as the original person to start this thread.

Next other than everyone else who don't like the PvP module of the game or dismiss the idea completely can just mosey over. 

Now, for those with an open mind, I agree that there are plenty of other Battle Royale games already out there but what could make the difference in Warframe would be components already unique to it such as the archwing, parkour movements, upcoming k-drives, modding weapons and frames. ofc the rules will be different for the mode similar to the conclave. But imho a person on a K-drive out-maneuvering an archwing or a dargyn and taking a kill seems thoughtful. Warframe has plenty of components to make a unique battle Royale mode unlike most other which honestly though maybe "AAA classified" but other than the graphics, animation, have very slight implementation changes. 

Coming to the next big issue I think(Correct me if i am wrong about this point before simply throwing in your criticism) conclave can go 12v12 and thus works on a server client model unlike the other parts of the game which run on peer-peer model.

Also, I already do play Overwatch, Fortnite, TF2, so please stop suggesting me such games.

How about you "stop suggesting" a BR mode for Warframe. There are plenty of BR games out there. WF doesn't need it.

Look at the current PVP modes and tell me how exactly a battle royal will be amazing?

Even IF it turns out amazing, what kind of player do you think it'll attract? I'd rather not deal with all of those and just enjoy my PVE. There's already lots of crap to deal with on trade chat.

Edited by -AiLuoLi-

19 minutes ago, LordPancakez said:

I'm looking at this from a possible technical standpoint - I have no axe to grind with BR as a concept (I'd probably not play it but that's because I'm terrible at all sorts of PvP games; one of the reasons I like Warframe 🙂 )

I wasn't aware of a 12v12 mode on conclave or dedicated servers, unless by the servers you refer to the PC implementation of Player driven servers (i.e. their own machines I think) - 

Is that it?

@(XB1)Cotton Tail Thanks mate thats the one. So was that not implemented by DE themselves later on and if it was then isn't DE already wasting the hardware resources ofc for BR they would have to upgrade the hardware and the softwares. Yeah I understand the technical points you are trying to get 🙂. Being a developer I know that first hand myself but even then I can't help looking at things with different perspectives.

And to everyone else who forgets this FORTNITE currently the most famous BR was also originally a PvE (SAVE THE WORLD MODE OF FORTNITE) and all I said was it could be a mode no one was talking about how to make it feasible but there can be mechanics that do not increase the "crap" on trade channel so for that maybe a PvP item separate trade chat

8 minutes ago, LordPancakez said:

And to everyone else who forgets this FORTNITE currently the most famous BR was also originally a PvE

• At certain point in the medieval ages going to watch a man or woman die hanging on the rope for crimes they did not commit was the most popular evening entertainment in parts of Europe.
  • Aztecs ripping people's still beating hearts out of their chests in front of 80,000 people was the most popular entertainment a while ago.
  • ...so what's your point here exactly?

---

Popularity =/= quality.

Famous =/= good.

Why are these so hard to grasp? Quantity never implies quality.

Edited by Gofretko
bad English

1 hour ago, LordPancakez said:

Delete this thread.

On 2018-09-14 at 9:35 AM, -Bv-Qrow_Wraith said:

I want Battle Royale, but not in the PVP. I want to go in with a team of 4-8 people is a survival like competition to who can make it the furthest with enemies, bosses and eximus units raining in on you while Nef Anyo tries to bombard you from orbit. 

isn't that the new destiny pvp gamemode?

I love how every time someone asks for something that can be totally ignored and not forced onto anyone they get shrieked at on mass. i mean 25 player poe mode where you play as your op and have to search for random generated weapons and health/armour pick ups. easily made, EASILY! imagine there are 25 people who want it and everyone else who wouldnt bother anyway still has to have a screeching fit at the idea. god forbid anyone asks for something that effects everyone 🙄

9 minutes ago, Hypermega said:

I love how every time someone asks for something that can be totally ignored and not forced onto anyone they get shrieked at on mass.

3 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Let's take the No's to 10 pages!! 

Your lack of experience in sarcasm is so obvious. You have long way to go until you get some real skills in the area.

Work on that. In the meantime, Battle Royale won't happen and your lame attempts to ridicule the reasons do not change anything.

You are helpless and you are screaming in the void. Bye.

11 hours ago, (PS4)Poison___Insect said:

I want Battle Royale, but not in the PVP. I want to go in with a team of 4-8 people is a survival like competition to who can make it the furthest with enemies, bosses and eximus units raining in on you while Nef Anyo tries to bombard you from orbit. 

Lol, this sounds exactly like firefight from Halo ( I guess it's in destiny as well?). Either way no can really top Halo in terms of matchmaking and PvP, just my opinion though.

Edited by AJ5511