The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lazy = no reward

ThePainN67

I've seen players on missions on the eidolon often enough that I wanted to post this. Players going fishing (on the other side of the map) or something while the rest are at the objective. I'm not 100% sure if they still get the reward for the objective or not, but if they do please DE make it so they don't get the reward (especially when we get the Lens when they didn't do anything). 

A player that is just idling gets marked as AFK and gets no rewards that were earned during that time. If they are being active as part of the team, ie fishing, mining, or killing enemies on a bounty while someone else fights Eidolons; they still get rewards even as others get the benefits from the bounty without going afk. The point of the large area is to allow players more freedom of movement and activity but if one would like a focused squad around doing objectives one at a time, it can be beneficial to organize a team for that purpose via recruiting or private matchmaking.

If you public directly into the plains, anyone can do whatever they want. But if you click the eidolon bounty and get squadded up, I think that everyone who is in that had manually set up for the eidolon hunt. So if they’re afk/fishing, I’d report for afk/leeching. 

You can do that in the zendesk website. But yeah, I always report if someone is afk or leeching (I even ask if they are leeching, if they say yes or that it’s too hard so they won’t help, etc. screenshot the chat screen and attach that to the report). 

But again, if you just public join from the star chart directly into the plains, it’s free for all. 

6 minutes ago, Urlan said:

A player that is just idling gets marked as AFK and gets no rewards that were earned during that time. If they are being active as part of the team, ie fishing, mining, or killing enemies on a bounty while someone else fights Eidolons; they still get rewards even as others get the benefits from the bounty without going afk. The point of the large area is to allow players more freedom of movement and activity but if one would like a focused squad around doing objectives one at a time, it can be beneficial to organize a team for that purpose via recruiting or private matchmaking.

Guess that's the only option is go private matches. I just want players to deserve the reward that that old guy gives use (especially if it's lenses). 

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Gerbizzzle said:

If you public directly into the plains, anyone can do whatever they want. But if you click the eidolon bounty and get squadded up, I think that everyone who is in that had manually set up for the eidolon hunt. So if they’re afk/fishing, I’d report for afk/leeching. 

You can do that in the zendesk website. But yeah, I always report if someone is afk or leeching (I even ask if they are leeching, if they say yes or that it’s too hard so they won’t help, etc. screenshot the chat screen and attach that to the report). 

But again, if you just public join from the star chart directly into the plains, it’s free for all. 

When it comes to free roam yeah IDC. Sorry should have said the bounties Konzu gives use.

Edited by ThePainN67

I made a suggestion that DE should create a time limit based on distance from one bounty to the next that if a player doesn’t get within the circle after that time limit is up then it would start counting as AFK. For specific stages like protecting the armor vault and secure the area, there should be less enemy spawns but mainly you have to be within the circle for a certain period of time or else it still counts you as AFK. So that players don’t try to pull a last second move. Once you step in the circles it will count as abandoning the mission for them if they run outside. The drone has a invisible radius around it that you have to be within for it to move, maybe make it visible and and those who step within it every now and then keeps the reward. If you step in it and run way, way off then it counts as abandoning and you don’t get the completion reward. And last DE should make some kind of check point for these kinds of missions so that when it host migrates, you simply start back at the last stage instead of the middle of the next one. I’ve lost so many bounties because of that. 

If players slack off, it is their fault. If the missions like capture is completed BEFORE the timer runs out for the other players then it becomes and exception. There is no excuse. Don’t do bounties if you’re not going to participate. That or play solo like a lot of lazy ignorant players keep suggesting. 

I’ve had so many players just stand at the door and never moved until AFTER the bounty was COMPLETED. I’ve watched them switch dance moves and stuff too. I’ve used a maxed range loki(disarm) to switch teleport them to the objective just for them to run back. That whole “what if they have to use the bathroom” excuse is BS. Like maybe, MAYBE, 1 out of 100 of these AFKers are legit. But most of them are nothing but leechers. I shouldn’t be forced to play solo or become “friends” with fake people just so I have a squad. If anyone should be forced to play solo, it’s these leechers. At the very least they could apologize for being gone for so long, but they don’t. I’ve had low ranked players with low ranked warframes thanked me for “carrying” them. That is the only exception. I didn’t force people to carry me. I learned how to play and I leveled up. 

I’ve only encountered a few legit AFKers amongst hundreds of leechers. Unless you expect me to believe that they bring their PlayStation and TV into the bathroom. Or kitchen. Or whatever other excuses. DE placed a timer on the capture. I’m sure at some point they can do the same for bounty stages. It will no doubt take some calculating to perfect. I’ve done my own which some may say is too gentle. And others will obviously say too much. 

But that is my opinion.

Just share the fish/ore/gems they harvest with the team, and add logic to the rescue targets to only teleport to players who entered the mission area.

The problem is that they get the loot from the bounty + the loot they gather while their teammates ONLY get the loot from the bounty. Players who are actually cooperating on the mission should not get LESS loot than slackers.

HOWEVER, it would be nice if "cooperation" could include splitting up tasks between team members. If I can complete a bounty solo, I'd rather have my buddy go grab some rare night fish for us instead of adding redundant firepower. This would help alleviate the problem of nights being super short with too much to do.

22 hours ago, (PS4)Gerbizzzle said:

Ah ok yeah, definitely report them... that’s textbook leeching lol. 

if they just running off doing own thing. no its not.  they would have to basically stay right at door and run around in little circles so not to get flagged afk then rush out to pick up loot to be technically leeching.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

if they just running off doing own thing. no its not.  they would have to basically stay right at door and run around in little circles so not to get flagged afk then rush out to pick up loot to be technically leeching.

Signing up for an objective and then NOT completing the objective while still getting rewards through the efforts of other players is leeching. Deliberately circumventing the AFK detection while also not participating is actual leeching, not "technically" leeching.

15 minutes ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

Signing up for an objective and then NOT completing the objective while still getting rewards through the efforts of other players is leeching. Deliberately circumventing the AFK detection while also not participating is actual leeching, not "technically" leeching.

you sure they not just going to find lures i know sometimes takes me longer to find a lure than the eidolon  ive had it spawn right infront of door

2 hours ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

you sure they not just going to find lures i know sometimes takes me longer to find a lure than the eidolon  ive had it spawn right infront of door

OP was talking about standard Konzu bounties, not Eidolon hunts. If someone is running around fishing and mining they are not looking for lures.

I just did a bounty today, someone was leeching fishing. I called him out on it and he got all sad. Then he started griefing me by switch teleporting when I was going after the grineer commander then when I used the archwing launcher. 

Swift screenshot and report. 

Edited by (PS4)Gerbizzzle

When I get a random Saryn with an obsession for kills, I just go wisp hunting. When I find a wisp, I announce it, mark the location and collect it after someone else does (before it flies away). That Saryn can solo the bounty no problem.

After getting XP boosted for 4 formas, I just tested my Mesa for the first time. Today. ... Went on the last Cetus bounty. And boy, I had fun! Went all "It's high noon" for the whole bounty. I had over 90% of kills. I also have an Itzal with maxed efficiency and can dash over a kilometer in seconds. ... Nobody else even got to play. Everyone tried. And there even was a poor fella without an archwing. .... I'm never doing that again.

Honestly, I prefer the system as-is. As long as people are willing to come and raise me back up when I get downed, I'd say everyone can do whatever they want. ... Except for cache finding. Had some close calls on that one even with full squad searching.

Heck, during the night, I'd love it if 2 go capture the Teralyst and the other 2 focus on the bounty.
----------------------------------------------------------

Having said all that, I'm strictly against any change that would force everyone to play for the current highlighted objective. If the objective gets completed, it doesn't matter who does it or how.

On 2018-09-14 at 2:22 PM, venon23 said:

why not forming a team and go invite only maybe is best
then having a dude mr 4 or 6 trying too get the fish that only show up at night

Because you shouldn't have to curate a team to preform a task that everyone has functionally agreed to by joining the bounty in the first place.

why no fish or stone spot pop up when bounty only free roam will able to do that. so if people do nothing then why not just make nothing to do... only possible is leecher left only.. damage check is very hard some elite player can one shot delete eidolon shield in 3-4 sec after recover.. and 1 sec can break core when shield break lol...

about bounty i think don't mind so mush it can solo. have leech or not i still do the same.. but eidolon is... leecher will make us slow..

so i think trio eidolon should have rank check or the quills rank for filter no one who no amp come to hunt this.   some one not equip amp go hunt that tri-o and steal slot for who can fight.  now i can down it shield  alone 10-20 sec after recover so i don't mind who weak or not. just do work.. but when i see someone use amp beam from his chest.... when hunt that tri-o... um...if he down i will no revive him for sure... with full member with random party who ready to hunt that  have right weapon and make good amp for hunt still need to use time for hunt 20-30 min just one leech will make more harder and two leech is wtf... third leech.... leave better lol

So far I've seen two types of solutions offered in addition to "go solo or recruit". One is to add a range check and timer to objectives which would disqualify you from rewards if you were not in the objective range at given time. Other is to remove fishing and mining from bounties altogether by DE. Both have one major drawback:

What if you do bounties as a group of friends or clanmates or just an organized farming squad that will split the gems and fish in the end? You wouldn't be able to do that anymore.

What you can do is report the player leeching with screenshots, like fromarchwing at the different stages of bounty to show only that player was away from objective all the time. You can also leave squad as soon as you detect this behavior, which is probably no big deal to leecher but it might be if everyone did it. You can also ask what they are doing and why are they not contributing, and then determine the course of action.