Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #116 Overview

[DE]Taylor

8fded359e8d336e97096f57c134e0e48.jpg

It’s been a while since we’ve been back on the couch, but we’ve brought a ton of content to make up for the short hiatus! Want more info about K-Drives, see new places on Orb Vallis, and so much more? You can catch all the details and gameplay in action during our full livestream (highly recommended if you just want to marvel at all the work put into Fortuna), or just read about the highlights in our overview: https://www.warframe.com/news/devstream-116-fortuna-base-invaders

I'm intrigued with the seemingly DMC-ish approach Melee is taking so I'll look forward to the next one to hopefully see more news about this. And I love Chroma Prime! Glad too you guys decided to shrug it off and go straight to reveal the glorious Dragon Prince of Elements -- looking forward next Tuesday to get better info on the Accessories as well 😄

And beyond congratulating the character branch, props to your Enviroment artists for the incredible stuff I am seeing in the Vallis and Jupiter -- I remember when we had to search for Alad V and rediscover all nodes and this seriously amazed me like back in the day. Incredible stuff, seriously.

Well, first off, I'm feeling kind of cheated that something that had such prominence in the announcement (Melee 3.0+Chanelling changes) was cut without telling anybody until the topic actually came up. I feel like saying this up-front if this happens in the future would be preferable. Knowing what to expect when we go into a devstream is one of the things I value from DE.

That being said, whilst I feel like what was shown was hugely stretched to fill the missing time, what was there was admittedly pretty good. I like the expansion of the bases - being able to enter these areas fleshes out the world quite a bit, and adds more variety. I hope not all the bounties will require entering the bases though, that might over-tweak the variety. A healthy mix - possibly even a multi-stage affair for some of the bigger bases where we have to take each section individually.

K-drives look as good as ever. The Bondi's slowed down a bit, but I assume the upgrades we get will change that little concern of mine. Spoilers for new Tenno not fully up-to-date with the story!

Spoiler

I hope Operators can get some K-drive action. Given that we're getting them from the Orphans of Fortuna, I can't help but feel that's thematic after being Orphaned for a third time :tongue:. Also, cool to see some more of our Operator's childish side come out. Of COURSE they'd love skateboarding, and trying to get in with the 'cool kids', even if they Tenno are the coolest kids in the system.

I assume tracking animals will not be boring as sin in the final product? Please? I get a lot of people liked it, but I got a headache out of frustration waiting for the Channelling news that never came, and that has severely soured my opinion towards it for the time being.

Fast weapon switching is a godsend, thank you!

Equinox Deluxe and Chroma Prime look gorgeous, as does Rubico prime. Good stuff.

More Operator stuff is nice too. Looking forward to giving my Operator some 'casual' attire and a 'serious buisness' look, in comparison with his current, day-to-day, loosely DMC-inspired combat garb. 

19 minutes ago, Aftcrest said:

Oh my god.. please turn off autoplay! it lags the browser when viewing and is just annoying to hear every single clip play at the same time! You just have to add "&autoplay=false" at the end of the clip URLs from what I can tell.

ugh... yeah.

At this point, it just seems intentional as it's a recurring issue with them.

34 minutes ago, Sean said:

ugh... yeah.

At this point, it just seems intentional as it's a recurring issue with them.

I ended up repurposing a old a userscript of mine to stop this from happening on my end. It simply finds all iframes that have a twitch embed and then appends the "&autoplay=false" at the end of the src. Worked like a charm.

But yeah, they need to seriously disable autoplay on twitch clips. Even going through and pausing every single video didn't work, as they would just start back up when you scrolled right pass them.

I tried asking this during multiple times the Devstream, but it might've slipped past because the streamchat was doing a mile a minute, but is there any information on the state of the Trials?

Because when they were taken from the game, the devteam told us they would keep the playerbase posted on the progress. 

It's been half a year. A bit more, even. Half a year of complete radio silence.

What gives? Is there really nothing done at all? Or are youreslly hoping we'd just forget and move on?

2 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

8fded359e8d336e97096f57c134e0e48.jpg

It’s been a while since we’ve been back on the couch, but we’ve brought a ton of content to make up for the short hiatus! Want more info about K-Drives, see new places on Orb Vallis, and so much more? You can catch all the details and gameplay in action during our full livestream (highly recommended if you just want to marvel at all the work put into Fortuna), or just read about the highlights in our overview: https://www.warframe.com/news/devstream-116-fortuna-base-invaders

Can we get links to the k drive board art images and i need them posters in mi'dojo

23 minutes ago, Xpo.vos said:

I tried asking this during multiple times the Devstream, but it might've slipped past because the streamchat was doing a mile a minute, but is there any information on the state of the Trials?

Because when they were taken from the game, the devteam told us they would keep the playerbase posted on the progress. 

It's been half a year. A bit more, even. Half a year of complete radio silence.

What gives? Is there really nothing done at all? Or are youreslly hoping we'd just forget and move on?

I know it wouldnt probably suffice for hard core raiders but i hope that the next trials are custom ships (i.e. alad vs personal ship or heks personal fomorian)  that it takes eight man rail jack (two jacks) to complete them 

Say two groups of three, to work inside/outside or infiltration of two different areas. 

The videos on the overview page shouldn't automatically play when you open the page. It absolutely kills the experience for me, so much so I'll have to go without reading the comments.

If I want to see the video, I'll head over to twitch, thank you very much.

So my opinion of the devstream, while a lot of nice stuff was shown off, wasting an entire hour of everyone's time on Rebecca trying to capture a creature was not fun to watch.  This was partly because there was, no doubt, far more that you could have shown us that's being worked on both for Fortuna and Railjack, as well as possible upcoming weapons and suchlike.  Also partly because Rebecca's way of playing the game is quite nauseous to watch, because she constantly spins the camera up and down and left and right erratically, runs round in circles for no apparent reason and panics all the time, spamming off abilities completely at random and running away from enemies that she can easily defeat with the frame and weapons she's using.  If Rebecca wants to waste everyone's time with that, she should do it during Prime Time, not during a Devstream.

Another negative point I have to express is that you have now shown off an Equinox Deluxe skin, despite the fact that the Zephyr Deluxe skin was displayed on a devstream over a year ago and was meant to come out after Mag and Chroma Deluxe.  I know that Zephyr isn't a popular frame, I know very few of us actually play as her and therefore her deluxe skin may not be a huge seller that'll make lots of money from platinum purchases, but shafting the few Zephyr players that have been looking forward to her deluxe skin for over a year now as you pump out other deluxe skins is getting irritating.

On the plus sides, seeing how a lot of in-game sounds and music are developed was really cool.  The variety of unorthodox tools used to create different drums showed how unique sound and music design can be, and the use of microphones recording the inner workings of an electric car to generate the mechanically synthetic sounds of the K-Drive was really clever and inspired.

The Jupiter rework also looked really good, the new design gave areas much more character and made it look like an actual base of operations instead of the current collection of metal boxes interlinked between corridors.  I am a little confused though as to why Jupiter is getting reworked when you have other planets like Pluto & Neptune, Ceres & Sedna, and Mercury & Saturn that all use the same tile sets as one another.  Seeing how unique places like Uranus, Europa, Earth and Jupiter can be, it does get quite stale going from one planet to another and seeing exactly the same rooms, so wouldn't it be better to spend time replacing the tile sets of some planets to brand new ones to make each planet different, instead of reworking a planet that is already using a unique tile set?

As for Chroma Deluxe, he looks good, and so does the Rubico Prime.  The one thing I tried to work out prior to his announcement (and we all knew it was going to be Chroma Prime, it's not a big secret that you're following the original releases of all the Warframes in a male-male-female-female pattern.), was what melee weapon we were going to get.  Looking through prior primed melee weapons, each one was unique.  A single blade, a glaive, a scythe, dual daggers and so on, so it would make sense for this new primed melee weapon to follow along and be a melee weapon type that hasn't got a prime equivalent yet.  That left it open to blade & whip, whip, dual swords, warfan, machete, gunblade or Nunchaku.  My best guess was a Lacera Prime, which would have been pretty cool to see.  Instead we get another heavy blade in the Gram Prime.  Not only that but it is very obvious, from seeing the stats, that it's simply a straight upgrade from the Galantine Prime, it's a powercreep weapon through-and-through, and makes the Galantine Prime a redundant and pointless weapon to own since the Gram Prime will be better in every conceivable way.  It's disappointing to see you make the same mistake now as you made with the Zhuge vs. Atterax debacle, especially after you worked so hard to make each weapon more unique with all the fairly recent weapon rebalances.

Anyways, those are just my thoughts.  I'm sure you have a lot of reasons for doing some of the things you do, but it would be nice to have a bit more transparency in the future regarding why you do or don't do things (e.g/ like why we still don't have Zephyr Deluxe for instance, or why Jupiter is being reworked instead of either Pluto or Neptune).  I'm still looking forward to all the new fun things Fortuna will bring to the game and I will always appreciate the hard work and creativity you put in to this game.

In all honesty that felt like another wasted devstream.... you can only keep showing grinding with the k drive so many times before we get the idea that yes we can grind our k drives...

Yes we saw some more of fortuna which is great and all that but it all felt like filler.

Next prime had to be shown due to the leaks so that's just made certain riven values sky rocket....great if you're selling, not so much if you're buying.

As to tracking/hunting animals on the plains, my god that looks so incredibly tedious, not to mention hard work for what I assume very little gain.  Just watching Rebecca struggle (admittedly dev build) should be enough to show that the idea needs some serious 'improvements' before it's going to be something people are going to enjoy doing. 

Tiny bit about melee but in reality wasn't much we didn't already know other than some potential changes to how the weapons swap over... I do hope you're thinking about the speed holster aura while doing these changes, it kind of makes it redundant, not that I know anyone who actually uses it.

Riven drop worked but I'm personally a bit annoyed as I had to buy more slots because of it, maybe next time it can include a slot too....

I get that DE wants to keep the hype up for fortuna, but showing basically the same stuff over and over again is going to make us switch off and lose interest.

3 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

In all honesty that felt like another wasted devstream.... you can only keep showing grinding with the k drive so many times before we get the idea that yes we can grind our k drives...

Yes we saw some more of fortuna which is great and all that but it all felt like filler.

Next prime had to be shown due to the leaks so that's just made certain riven values sky rocket....great if you're selling, not so much if you're buying.

As to tracking/hunting animals on the plains, my god that looks so incredibly tedious, not to mention hard work for what I assume very little gain.  Just watching Rebecca struggle (admittedly dev build) should be enough to show that the idea needs some serious 'improvements' before it's going to be something people are going to enjoy doing. 

Tiny bit about melee but in reality wasn't much we didn't already know other than some potential changes to how the weapons swap over... I do hope you're thinking about the speed holster aura while doing these changes, it kind of makes it redundant, not that I know anyone who actually uses it.

Riven drop worked but I'm personally a bit annoyed as I had to buy more slots because of it, maybe next time it can include a slot too....

I get that DE wants to keep the hype up for fortuna, but showing basically the same stuff over and over again is going to make us switch off and lose interest.

I'd be less annoyed if they hadn't made that sudden change and couldn't show Melee at all, or had even told us straight up, "We've actually just thought of something that we think can really bring the system together, but that means we're not going to be able to show it today" instead of blue-balling us for half the devstream with parts that were obviously drawn out to compensate for not having half the planned content available and then mentioning the change of plans in passing. These streams are about keeping your community informed, make us aware of these changes in plans as soon as possible and as clearly as possible.

Just now, NecromancerX69 said:

I will say it right now before it's 2 late.

That new gear wheel not only looks awful it's even worse for usable purposes (Takes forever too choose something you need or even find it from what I saw on the devstream). 

The current gear wheel we have works just fine, leave it as it is, please.

Got to say I kind of agree on that based on what was demoed but I doubt we'll have much say in the matter and be stuck with it like the UI changes which in a lot of cases make things worse just to make sure it looks pretty... 

22 minutes ago, Battle_Mage said:

Don't mean to be a Debbie Downer, but I gotta say I'm kinda done with Dev Streams:

Forums: 16 pages of questions.

DE: Look at these sick grinds!

Agreed, they should leave the gameplay 2 Prime Time. There would be fine seeing them both try grinds as a demonstration of what is to come.

They should focus on the questions we want answered on the Dev Stream.

Archived