Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #116 Overview

[DE]Taylor

3 hours ago, Battle_Mage said:

Don't mean to be a Debbie Downer, but I gotta say I'm kinda done with Dev Streams:

Forums: 16 pages of questions.

DE: Look at these sick grinds!

Never go in expecting DE to actually read topics like that let alone give answers to anything that isn't just a fluff question.

Just watching the video let you know that chroma need a huge rework...

He have literally no active skills

Watch Rebecca gameplay , activating both vex armor and elemental ward to refresh them.... that's it.. nothing more

his first is tottaly useless in any situation (even if its damage is buffed to 200% its not fun and weapons do it better, look at me ignis wraith)

Effigy : cast a beautifull useless pelt...

The melee 3.0 stuff shown off in this devstream is the first time anything about it has actually got me worried, because I really, really value being able to use the left mouse button to attack whether I have a rifle or sword equipped. I can't even really imagine using melee in any serious, sustained way with a keyboard and mouse if "melee attack" should become a mutually exclusive keybind with "primary fire," because there's just nothing that works half as well as the left mouse button if you really need to keep pressing it. I really hope there's an option to stick with a "switch to melee" bind instead...

Loved the stream, although I'm curious as to why we didn't get a tease for Chroma prime's accessories (from an advertising standpoint). Though I do agree, Chroma may need some ability tweaking. Like @Tsoe said, his most powerful abilities are passive and not very interactive. My main gripe is that his augment mods should be something already in his kit and not take up a valuable mod slot. There is no justification for his first ability's augment mod to even exist. Its nearly as bad as his third augment that knocks down enemies and applies a puncture proc. I don't think I need to stress how we feel about rag doll explosions but as cc it feels out of place for Chroma. I think his 4 is fairly good, and even better if we can use his pelt to hover and direct the damage ourselves. I would like there to be an option to controlling his 4th ability similar to his augment but let us pilot it.

Love the new melee changes! I really like the ease of switching between modes! Restricting the melee combos behind the melee mode felt very old and made them not very useful in fast paced action. I think this change is awesome and can't wait to see more!  

4 hours ago, TANTO_17 said:

Love the new melee changes! I really like the ease of switching between modes! Restricting the melee combos behind the melee mode felt very old and made them not very useful in fast paced action. I think this change is awesome and can't wait to see more!  

Well for many controller users, this essentially removes a button from being used. It just removed quick attack essentially but now you need to find some way of still having a melee and gun firing trigger since normally, the firing button is freed up when in active melee mode for other activities like blocking, or channel attacks. Essentially for many controller players I play with and myself using a controller, this means that the new Heavy attack charge attacks are going to be unusable.

1 hour ago, Urlan said:

Well for many controller users, this essentially removes a button from being used. It just removed quick attack essentially but now you need to find some way of still having a melee and gun firing trigger since normally, the firing button is freed up when in active melee mode for other activities like blocking, or channel attacks. Essentially for many controller players I play with and myself using a controller, this means that the new Heavy attack charge attacks are going to be unusable.

Hold up hold up...I'm sure they will deal with those issues. I started on ps4, I know the button struggle. They showed a brief moment of a system in development. Let's not worry too much. Let's support good ideas and encourage proper implementation. Your feedback is awesome but I don't think you should respond negatively just yet. 

2 minutes ago, TANTO_17 said:

Hold up hold up...I'm sure they will deal with those issues. I started on ps4, I know the button struggle. They showed a brief moment of a system in development. Let's not worry too much. Let's support good ideas and encourage proper implementation. Your feedback is awesome but I don't think you should respond negatively just yet. 

I think that is an even minded stance, but I find that waiting and seeing doesn't usually result in good results. Hopefully, your overly optimistic viewpoint is validated.

THE NEW QUICK SELECT MENU --

Was one of the Devs super nostalgic to bring back the rotary dial telephone function ?  So If I need some of the items near the end of the dial I have to tick thru every item every single time ?  WTF

Yes - just "move" the items used most to the front of the list -- well if all the items you carry are regularly used constantly - you either have to constantly restack your items OR you end up dialing Zero all the damned time.

Seriously from an interface design perspective DE is taking a step backwards. The devs I've seen on many of DE videos seem to play  enouigh other games to know better than this bad direction you seem tyo be going for the quick select menu.

3 minutes ago, uberfu said:

THE NEW QUICK SELECT MENU --

Was one of the Devs super nostalgic to bring back the rotary dial telephone function ?  So If I need some of the items near the end of the dial I have to tick thru every item every single time ?  WTF

Yes - just "move" the items used most to the front of the list -- well if all the items you carry are regularly used constantly - you either have to constantly restack your items OR you end up dialing Zero all the damned time.

Seriously from an interface design perspective DE is taking a step backwards. The devs I've seen on many of DE videos seem to play  enouigh other games to know better than this bad direction you seem tyo be going for the quick select menu.

If I remembering correctly, that gear menu was inspired by the spinny wheel of Prey according to DE Steve on his twitter.

On 2018-09-14 at 7:53 PM, Battle_Mage said:

Don't mean to be a Debbie Downer, but I gotta say I'm kinda done with Dev Streams:

Forums: 16 pages of questions.

DE: Look at these sick grinds!

THIS is why other studio's streams fall short if they aren't just total train wrecks.  I have posted numerous times in Trion's/Trove forums that they NEED to study DE's streams.

But, after having watched this last stream, and posting questions (repeatedly) every 2 weeks in the Devstream thread, I really shudder at how DE missed the benchmark that they themselves have set!

When you have such a strong panel of amazing people every 2 weeks, and then they circumvent their own *standards AND avoid the great questions I KNOW were in that thread really make me home this isn't a "new direction" for streams...

I mean DE restored my faith in transparency for Pete's sake.  Don't do me wrong now. P-L-E-A-S-E!

2 hours ago, (PS4)TheRallykiller said:

THIS is why other studio's streams fall short if they aren't just total train wrecks.  I have posted numerous times in Trion's/Trove forums that they NEED to study DE's streams.

But, after having watched this last stream, and posting questions (repeatedly) every 2 weeks in the Devstream thread, I really shudder at how DE missed the benchmark that they themselves have set!

When you have such a strong panel of amazing people every 2 weeks, and then they circumvent their own *standards AND avoid the great questions I KNOW were in that thread really make me home this isn't a "new direction" for streams...

I mean DE restored my faith in transparency for Pete's sake.  Don't do me wrong now. P-L-E-A-S-E!

I would agree that we haven't really got many fan questions or new information revealed lately but I do think that perhaps the journey of that hunt at least might influence the devs to look heavily at streamlining that particular activity until we get it!

Archived