Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma needs a rework

Aleksi134

Everyone here has heard it all before. I don't need to suggest anything since pretty much the whole player base already covered the many ways Chroma could be much better. At this point I want to know more about why they don't want to rework him than if they will rework him. A warframe should not only be used for Eidolon hunts. He was good at what he did and then he was nerfed for being too good at the only thing he was useful for (1 shot eidolon limbs). So DE just please. 😞

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Conflux59 said:

Could be an interesting idea.

I'm thinking of spectral scream laying down a dual elemental trail as you run/fly with it .... just wider and faster dissapating vs Nezhas firewalk, giving it more utility and increased damage potential.

Spectral scream is more like spectral dribble... I dare say the move should reflect the title and description more accurately.

agreed spectral scream needs improvemnt. but what i thought that would make it different from nezhas firewalk would be to have the element patches give a buff to allies that walk across it. similar to how different colored rooms could affect you mood. and the way i have now pictured chroma's spectral scream is a paint brush or a can of spry paint. sorry can't be helped.

Edited by maddragonmaster
  • Like 1

we've been patient, it's been how long? since they said they'd revisit him... and his prime was just released... their communication on Chroma to my knowledge this year has only been in this

-adjusted Vex armor - don't want any frame one shotting eidolons (unless you're volt)

-We'll revisit him in the future

~ Prime is released ~

-We're aware of the desire for rework.  We have no plans

?  \o/  ?

honestly that could easily be considered trolling

OP I agree 100%. Preach!

• Like 2

How about you ‘please’ and read/watch what they said instead of making pointless threads? 

People need to get it inside their heads that chroma isn’t the only frame and that there’s frame way worse than him....also try to learn the concept of ‘priorities’, that’ll help you in your journey in this game 

22 hours ago, WarriorSoundwave said:

Everyone here has heard it all before.

K.

22 hours ago, WarriorSoundwave said:

At this point I want to know more about why they don't want to rework him than if they will rework him.

Maybe things aren't nearly as dire as you think they are and other things in the game require more attention.

if your frame isn't absolutely f****d, shut your mouths.  How dare Chroma fans request things.

Ya'll don't forget to jump in all those other rework threads and enlighten those fans too.  Their priorities are obviously messed up, please "help them with their journey."

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Conflux59 said:

if your frame isn't absolutely f****d, shut your mouths.  How dare Chroma fans request things.

Ya'll don't forget to jump in all those other rework threads and enlighten those fans too.  Their priorities are obviously messed up, please "help them with their journey."

Nice twist of words there. Since it’s very obvious your view is biased, I don’t expect you to understand that other frames are OBJECTIVELY worse than chroma and get next to use. And believe it or not, DE’s priorities are f’ed up, but when it comes to reworks....wukong, nyx, titania? Yes, these are obviously in a worse place than chroma and deserve to be looked at now, if you disagree than it really doesn’t matter, it’s it’s buased opinion and DE already made a list with these 3 first in line 

You can request things all you like, as long as it’s proper feedback and not begging and baseless crap talk like the OP, and let’s not forget there’s already a megathread about this whole thing to make yourself heard, if you’re consciously supporting spamming threads because you think DE will notice your topic, then you obviously will read from guys like me, because these threads are pointless

Also, maybe you’ll receive more sympathy if you actually be mature and understanding, it’ll help

It was by my understanding that when DE gave us a list on that Devstream of frames they would look at, Chroma was nowhere on that list. I wouldn't mind if he wasn't priority but from what I know they won't be reworking him. However, since his prime was released he should have had priority over most of the others. Oh and not to mention Chroma's 1st and 4th have been useless for who knows how long now. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, WarriorSoundwave said:

Everyone here has heard it all before. I don't need to suggest anything since pretty much the whole player base already covered the many ways Chroma could be much better. At this point I want to know more about why they don't want to rework him than if they will rework him. A warframe should not only be used for Eidolon hunts. He was good at what he did and then he was nerfed for being too good at the only thing he was useful for (1 shot eidolon limbs). So DE just please. 😞

I am here for my Chromrade.... and I love you. I love all of my brothers and sisters who fight for the cause. Having your prime come out just to not even get a gander taken at him... It's like being told that you can only celebrate your birthday on a leap year and when it finally rolls around... your parents say "maybe next time"...

• Like 2

Sarcasm and lack of maturity are different things.  I'm not going to dip into personal attacks, but I will advise caution coming off preachy and/or holier than thou when it comes to someone's grasp or understanding of concepts like "priority" and "bias" because it can make you look either pretty bad, here to aggro people, or just want to throw your opinion around for whatever reasons have you.  More on that in a moment.

I don't condone spam.  I do support the point of the OP's post... to which I'll also state the title of this thread is misleading, but after reading... I support asking for more communication or clarity from the devs on .. literally anything Chroma at this point.  So, Instead of shooting someone down and for all intents and purposes telling them to shut up, I figured I'd show some support.

So back to the bias...

I wholeheartedly support the rework of other mentioned frames as well, but they have their own threads for their discussion and this one belongs to Chroma, so in this thread, Chroma will be discussed and positive changes and/or better/any dev feedback supported.  In other frames threads I would discuss them and their needs and push for changes I may support.  It's quite simple. 

I can only speak for myself here, but I don't need nor want sympathy, even if I did I'm not exactly sure what I would need it for.  By saying this I don't mean to poke, but it's interesting you brought up maturity right after saying something like "I'd get more sympathy if I was more understanding"  and "Yes, these are obviously in a worse place than chroma and deserve to be looked at now, if you disagree than it really doesn’t matter,"

^is that maturity?

"I don’texpect you to understand that other frames are OBJECTIVELY"

Here is something to understand my friend.  If you're telling someone they are biased on a topic, then tell them that your side of the argument is objective instead of subjective ..about the same topic, all you're saying is -I'm right because I'm right and you're opinion isn't valid because it's yours-  and stating that you don't care about any disagreements .... where's the conversation or the point then?  you just want to put your foot down and that be law -like thou shall not disagree? .. in fact what you've actually said is you are here because your opinion is objectively right and you wont hear differently nor care to discuss it if anyone disagrees.  So I think it's fair to ask, why are you posting then?  Do Chroma threads bother you personally?  Enlighten me on my journey of discovery in this game.

Also yes, there is a megathread for Chroma and they are also being shot down by some of the same.  So basically yes ...Chroma fans are expected to shut their mouths.  If I see your same posts in other frame rework threads, then at least I can say that you're consistent.

• Like 1

Man, i don't get why people get all elitist to properly posted request threads? 

I support a chroma rework even if it comes later after those "objectively" needier frames which have their own respective threads anyway. If it comes earlier i will not complain either.

• Like 1

Hello blablabla

tldr

another chroma rework

New passive " 15% Rage"

All skills now scale with Vex armor

Spectral scream changed into spectral Blast 

Tap and chroma will lauch an elemental energy ball Pushing back enemies violently dealing 100/300/500 damage in a 3/5/8 meter radius around the impact and applying the chosen element for chroma

the more you charge the more it deal damages to a maximum of 1000 damage

the animation will be the same as now movement as well

Afterburn rework: after lauching spectral blast all chroma atcks will have +60% chance to aply choosen element- that include melee and primary/secondary weapons

New second skill

Raging Dragon:Roar

Chroma launch a radial roar pushing back enemies around him in 5m radius dealing 200 damages and stunning  for 3 sec enemies in 15m radius

Have cool down of 7sec meanwhile ennemies previously affected by Raging dragon roar will focus on attacking chroma

Vex armor  FUSED WITH Elemental ward (range and strength of the ward now vary depending vex armor buff)

VEXING RETALIATIONS NOW PROC CHROMA CHOOSEN ELEMENT

_Effigy >>> no changes if activated on the ground

Activated in air will grant chroma  wings and all effigy attributes allowing him to fly 3m above the batle field

Edited by Tsoe
  • Like 1

Maybe make his pelt an exalted weapon that affects effigy and spectral scream. In addition to this, Spectral Scream could be reduced to a walking speed but you take 90% less damage. Also, what is everyone's thoughts on if they switch the effects of vex armor, so that taking damage to shields increases weapon damage and taking damage to health increases armor? It just makes sense to me.

Hello Fellow Tenno.

Below are some of my ideas for a Chroma Rework.

I wanted to try to keep the rework simple, powerful, and easy to understand. I want to change things up a little to make Chroma feel like he is not so limited in his build options or team support, while still maintaining the “Ender of Worlds” feeling.

Disclaimer: Digital Extreme is allowed and encouraged to use any and all of these ideas, concepts and theories or otherwise stated here after.

Passive Skill: Keep the Color Change Aspect of the Warframe, it’s one of the unique and frankly interesting things about him, however this really is not a Passive, and never should have been considered such. It’s like the Mandicord. It’s just a part of the Warframe, not it’s passive.

Add new passive: Chromatic Dominance: For every active power Chroma is running, allies in affinity range of Chroma gain a 10% reduction to Fire/Ice/Toxic/Electric Damage Taken and half that for combo Elements similar to an Eximus Aura (depending on Chroma’s Color).

Spectral Scream

Reworked Visual effect to better and clearer indicate range and width of Cone.

Allow Power Range to widen the Cone as well as elongate it. Max out at 170 degrees.

Allow Power Strength to increase Status Proc Chance.

New Augment: Lingering Breath: Changes Spectral Scream into an explosive ball of volatile energy which leaves behind an elemental field dealing damage and proc’ing status as if it was Spectral Scream.

Think Phantasm’s Alt Fire projectile, without the self-damaging aspect. Affected by Power Range (Speed of Projectile, Size of Explosion, Area of Effect of the Elemental Field) and Power Strength (Damage of Explosion and Field’s DoT ticks).

Elemental Ward

Replace with: Elemental Lair: Chroma declares the 30m area (at Max Rank) around him as his Lair and imbues it with his elemental fury creating three elemental confluxes. Last for 30 seconds (at Max Rank).

Chroma and Allies in the area gain the effects of Dragon’s Resilience and Dragon’s Scales.

Dragon’s Resilience: A 25% (at Max Rank) Damage Reduction from all sources as long as you are in the Lair. Modifiable by Power Strength.

Dragon’s Resilience is tied to the lair, stepping out removes the effect immediately.

Dragon’s Scales: A Flat Armor Buff that grows stronger the longer you stay in the Lair, Up to 1000 Armor (at Max Rank). The Armor begins to grow at a Rate of 5%/Sec of the total Armor Value. (20 Seconds to get the full effect.)

Armor Value is modifiable by Power Strength.

Dragon’s Scales decays once players leave the area, 1%/sec. (or 1m42s-ish seconds after leaving).

Both Growth and Decay Rates are unmodifiable.

Both effects can be carried outside the Lair with the Everlasting Ward Augment, with Dragon’s Scales continuing to grow in power till the end of the Duration.

This ability just like Nidus’s 4th, complete with pillars that to help maintain the buff and area of effect as a place where Chroma placed his lair.

Visually, I’d love to see some of the Elemental Effects, such as the Mini volcanos (Fire) and Ice Shelfs (Ice), Toxic Fog (Toxic), or random, frequent lightning strikes (Electric) for the effect of the power, and maybe a texture overlay like Equinox’s 4th. The Prime Variant could also have the edges of the area ringed with spikey gilded rocks and more intense elemental effects.

Stat Breakdown:

Cost: 50 Energy (Modifiable: Efficiency)

Range: 15m/20m/25m/30m (Modifiable: Range)

Duration: 15 sec /20 sec /25 sec /30sec (Modifiable: Duration)

Damage Reduction: 10%/15%/20%/25% (Modifiable: Strength)

Armor: 250/500/750/1000 Base Armor (Modifiable: Strength)

Duration: 10s/20s/25s/30s (Modifiable by Power Duration.)

This Skill is Recastable, Only one Field can exist at a time.

This Skill has Three Pillars that keep the area of effect running(See Nidus’ 4th.)

New Augment: Treasure Hoard: In the Lair of the Dragon, you find many wondrous things, This Mod increases the chance that a mob’s Rare Loot will drop by 100% (Modifiable by Power Strength) as long as they are killed in the area of Elemental Conflux.This Augment synergizes well with other's loot generating mods as this only effects the drop chance of Rare loot and not the entire loot table (See Relics).

Vex Armor

Replace with: Destroyer’s Presence: The Rage that Chroma keep bottled up begins to spill out… and everyone can feel it. For Chroma and his Allies within 30m (at Max Rank) increases the damage they deal with Warframe Powers and Weapons by 2.5%. (at Max Rank).

For every 5,000 damage dealt by Chroma, his Presence grows more intense, increasing the bonus damage by 100% per interval, to a max of 250% (or a total of 500,000 damage dealt).

Base % (and by extension Total % Damage) is Modifiable by Power Strength.

Stat Breakdown:

Cost: 75 Energy (Modifiable: Efficiency)

Range: 15m/20m/25m/30m (Modifiable: Range)

Damage%/Interval: 1% /1.5% /2% /2.5% (Modifiable: Strength)

Damage Cap: 100%/150%/200%/250% (100x Interval)

Duration: 10s/20s/25s/30s (Modifiable by Power Duration.)

This Skill is Recastable, and maintains the Buff.

This Skill is centered on and locked to Chroma.

Synergy: Foes in both Elemental Lair and Destroyer’s Presence take 25% more damage from all sources and are slowed by 35%. This is a Debuff to enemies.

New Augment: Apex Rage: Chroma focus his rage into a random single target nearby, the pure fury from this causing them to become crippled in fear, and begin to glow with elemental energy. Should Chroma kill this target (and only Chroma) while it is still under the effect, they will explode, dealt Blast(Fire), Magnetic(Ice), Corrosive(Toxic), or Radiation(Electric) damage equal to 40% of their Max Health to other enemies around them in 10m area.

Range of target selection is any foe inside the area of Destroyer’s Presence, selected at random.

Range of the explosion is modifiable by Power Range.

The % of Max Health converted to Damage is modifiable by Power Strength.

Effigy

Overhaul: Using Vuban/Ivara/Khora’s rotating skill system, and the new Exalted Weapon System, We are going to overhaul Effigy.

Effigy is now an Exalted Weapon, which uses Kubrow Mods (Past and Future) but not precepts.

This update will require a rework visually to Effigy’s animations as well as his wing modeling to make it look good. Which I’m ok with, it may use Kubrow Mods, but please give this a unique animation set, we are after all, talking about a Dragon here.

Effigy has two Modes, Defend and Attack.

Defend Mode: Chroma commands Effigy to stand guard, prompting the Effigy to rear up and bring its full elemental power to bear. This acts identical to the current Effigy, with a few minor alterations.

1: Range now effects the range and width of the cone of Effigy's Breath as well as the radius for the Roar.

2: Duration now effects how long the mobs are stunned for (base 3 second).

3: Effigy has an elemental damage field, causing ½ damage of Effigy’s Breath, at a 10m Radius (modifiable by Power Range) every second. Status chance is equal to Effigy's Breath.

4: Effigy is now affected by both Elemental Lair and Destroyer’s Presence.

Attack Mode is Unlock at Rank 2.

Attack Mode: Effigy follows Chroma, fighting alongside his master. Using Kubrow Mods, Effigy has two unique skills Dragon’s Punishment and Dragon’s Roar.

Dragon’s Punishment: Effigy wing-buffets a target and all targets in a small cone in front of him into the air and proceeds to blast them with Chroma’s Elemental Energy for 5 seconds dealing Effigy's Breath damage.

Dragon’s Roar: Effigy let’s out a crippling roar, Identical to the one it already uses in Defend Mode.

Synergy: Elemental Lair: Effigy imbues the Lair with power, adding his elemental damage field to the whole lair itself, regardless of where Effigy is in the lair.

Synergy: Destroyer’s Presence: Effigy, while under the watchful eye of his Master, roars so loudly, that all foes in range are opened to Finishers for the duration for the roar.

Stat Breakdown:

The Armor Reduction from removing the pelt is now 35% (unmodifiable)

The speed Increase is 25% (unmodifiable)

I, personally, do not care for the Credit thing, so feel free to remove it.

Cost: 50 Energy + 10 Energy/Sec (Modifiable: Efficiency)

Effigy’s Health: 1250/2500/3750/5000 (Modifiable by Link Health, Then Power Strength)

Effigy’s Shield: 1250/2500/3750/5000 (Modifiable by Link Shield, Then Power Strength)

Effigy’s Armor 350 (Modifiable by Link Armor, Then Power Strength).

Effigy has Proto-Shield and Infested Sinew damage reduction

Range Of Dragon’s Roar in all Modes: 7.5m/15m/22.5m/30m (Modifiable: Range)

This Skill is Retractable, just as it is now.

Defend Effigy

Range Of Defend’s Elemental Damage Aura: 2.5m/5m/7.5m/10m (Modifiable: Range)

Range Of Defend’s Effigy Breath: 7.5m/10m/12.5m/15m (Modifiable: Range)

Damage of Defend’s Effigy Breath: 125/250/375/500 per tick (5 ticks per Second) (Modifiable: Strength)

Knock Back: Same as it is now.

Attack Effigy

Attack Effigy’s Damage: 300(400 Prime) Slash + 150(200 Prime) Element (Based on Color) Modifiable by Kubrow Mods and Power Strength.

Attack Effigy’s Critical Chance: 15% (20% Prime) Modifiable by Kubrow Mods.

Attack Effigy’s Crit Multiplier: 3x (Modifiable by Kubrow Mods.)

Attack Effigy’s Status Chance: 10% (15% Prime) Modifiable by Kubrow Mods.

New Augment: Elemental Dismount: Launching off Chroma, Effigy floats in the air for a moment and blast the ground with a huge blast of elemental energy, dealing 2500 damage, to all foes within 15m of Effigy, triggering the appropriate Status Effects on all targets hit. Modifiable by Power Range and Strength.

There we have it… my idea. I know there are more than likely a few glaring holes in the ideas, but I feel like with these numbers and functions, that we could open up Chroma’s builds a bit more to allow for other types of Dragons to appear, while still allowing people that want to play the Dragons they currently are without losing.

Let me know what you all think, and Happy Hunting Tenno.

• Like 2

I think we need a warning sound for our renewable buffs like those on Chroma and Mirage.

Especially for Chroma the effect of letting vex armor fall off is huge. If there was an 10 second or five second warning sound for the skill it would help the player immensely.

Hearing the vex armor dropping off isn't very helpful it is kinda like Nelson from the Simpsons laughing at you. "Ha ha you lost your buff." A warning in advance would be nice. 

• Like 1

On 2018-10-18 at 9:02 AM, Tsoe said:

snip

Vex armor  FUSED WITH Elemental ward (range and strength of the ward now vary depending vex armor buff)

VEXING RETALIATIONS NOW PROC CHROMA CHOOSEN ELEMENT

snip

I've always been uncomfortable with the idea of just combining Vex Armor and Elemental Ward. That's just way too many effects under one ability umbrella, which leads me to think that if they did do that, they'd have to nerf one or both abilities so it isn't outright overpowered. And that would be bad.

Il y a 1 heure, Endrian a dit :

I've always been uncomfortable with the idea of just combining Vex Armor and Elemental Ward. That's just way too many effects under one ability umbrella, which leads me to think that if they did do that, they'd have to nerf one or both abilities so it isn't outright overpowered. And that would be bad.

elemental ward nerf  (as elemental is allmost useless) think about it

also ppl allways activate both together mindlessly unless if out of energy

4 minutes ago, Tsoe said:

elemental ward nerf  (as elemental is allmost useless) think about it

also ppl allways activate both together mindlessly unless if out of energy

Why nerf it and then combine it if we can just give it more/better functionality as a separate ability? Add Health regeneration, not just +Max Health, to Heat; add Overshield capability to Electric's counter-attack arcs and give them much longer range; add melee weapon speed rather than holster rate (which won't exist in Melee 3.0) to Toxin; add a slowing effect to Cold's aura. Make it good, don't make it worse and then combine it with the other buff.

Edited by Endrian
  • Like 1

il y a 3 minutes, Endrian a dit :

Why nerf it and then combine it if we can just give it more/better functionality as a separate ability? Add Health regeneration, not just +Max Health, to Heat; add Overshield capability to Electric's counter-attack arcs and give them much longer range; add weapon speed rather than holster rate (which won't exist in Melee 3.0) to Toxin; add a slowing effect to Cold's aura. Make it good, don't make it worse and then combine it with the other buff.

nerf the base abiity and make it scale with vex armor buff that's the point , making it better than now at the end but with a base nerf for range and strength , at max the range of the actual damaging aura would be 8m with 55% statut chance

vexing retaliation range would also be revisited and the blast proc changed for some forced ragdolling

Edited by Tsoe

10 minutes ago, Tsoe said:

nerf the base abiity and make it scale with vex armor buff that's the point , making it better than now at the end but with a base nerf for range and strength , at max the range of the actual damaging aura would be 8m with 55% statut chance

vexing retaliation range would also be revisited and the blast proc changed for some forced ragdolling

No, my point is that if they were to combine it with Vex Armor and make it scale with Vex Armor, that I don't think they'd just make the numbers worse, I fear they'd strip out some of the functionality as well, because it's just way too much power to get not just +Armor and +Damage, but also +AOE elemental damage aura and unique elemental utilities, all of which can be passed onto other squadmates, all under one 75-energy ability.

Edited by Endrian