Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma needs a rework

Aleksi134

Chroma prime needs a rework, because his 3rd ability is too weak now.
Compared to iron skin looks like a polystyrene armor, in terms of resistance excalibur umbra resists more (there is not this big difference) and as for the damage seems to fight with water guns.
The 1st and 4th are completely useless and the 2nd, apart from the fire, is a bit MEH.
Please Pablo do a very great job for Chroma (like nezha rework). 

With this I'm not saying to go back to the damage levels of chroma pre nerf ... I would like to bring the survivability back to the previous levels and with regards to the damage reuse the old formula but the double dipping damage. This is the only problem that vex Armor had. And then let's face it clearly, the only reason for nerf is because he killed an eidolon in one shot.

Edited by (XB1)TRL kaldwin
  • Like 4

Chroma is not getting reworked, as commented by the official Warframe Facebook page in their in a comment asking for a rework

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=270294867148805&id=348360875223437

Also commented in this post.

I'm EXTREMELY disappointed! This will be the first Prime Access I don't buy since I started playing 😕

Edited by (PS4)LoisGordils
  • Like 5

Well the Chroma Prime access is drawing nearer, lets discuss a bit more about his elemental ward as I feel not many people have been talking about it. I believe, at this point, the Toxin and Electric buffs aren't where they should be, however I don't think they need much work. 

For the Toxin elemental, I believe to compensate for losing the stamina aspect of the ability and being totally forgotten about, but to keep it focused on speed like the rest of the toxin buff, Chroma should gain a movement speed boost based off of either duration or strength. This would make Chroma extremely fast without effigy on (taking my suggestions into account) which would help a ton in Interception missions (solo) and with "tactical retreats" (which would be especially nice if vex armor isn't touched).  

For Electricity, I believe a focus on CC would be the most beneficial buff to this ability. Similar to pre-arch nerf (which I'm not suggesting needs to come back, don't get me wrong) but more crowd focused instead of single target dump-a-ton-of-damage-on-a-random-by-stander focused. Also, making it so that shield recharge rate and recharge delay can be affected by power strength in exchange for nerfing the amount of total shields would be a much better compensation imo. Having a constantly recharging shield as opposed to just, more shields, would make the Electric element way more useful (plus it'd give me a reason to finally slap on fortitude, fast deflection or Arcane Aegis onto a frame).   

Thoughts? 

Edited by Oni_Spartan4
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

😕

Exactly how I feel about.  I'm a little disappointed but not surprised.  Maybe they will surprise us before the end of the week though and say something.  Kind like a bait and switch tactic maybe.  If we don't hear something by Friday though I think its safe take the facebook comment at its word.

hey, do you know how DE compensated for that? by giving us badass prime accessories!

it's pretty much the only comeback they can be bothered to give when we complain about lack of content/gameplay/reworks...etc. that's why it's been raining skins all year with pretty much next to no gameplay content outside of few missions, most of the skins are by outside artists even XD 

just goes to show what focusing on 'the next big thing' can do 

3 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Im not running max power strength no... There's no need. Besides im 40 years old and anymore than 60 mins and im peeing my pants lol.

I play chroma much more now than i did his older counter part. I use effigy in bursts... Pop effigy in the middle of a group of mobs... Run out in the open, parkour into the air, ground slam with jat kittag right in the middle,  pull effigy back... or Pull out gram or Galatine... Broken bull everyone into the abyss... Rinse repeat.

All the while keeping up with vex armor... Zenurik keeps energy up enough, and provided i stay mobile i dont have a lick of issues. 

That being said, a duration effigy would bring a huge QoL change over the energy per second.

If you are running "endless" tank then yes. Max power strength is needed. The way new chroma works now is so bad that a steel fiber alone is barely better than augur secrets when using vex armor. So adding another 350+ armor is roughly the same as adding 25% power strength when it comes to EHP increase from vex armor.

If you are running "endless" then you typically run solo and can pause the game.

So you really don't use effigy to draw aggro, you use it as a brief CC.

So all you really said was that you don't really play "endless" tank and didn't play much of the old Chroma. Old chroma could pretty much face tank all of that. You didn't have to jump around all over to avoid damage, you could just take it. So yes, Chroma is not in a "great" spot compared to his old version. When you have to play Chroma like a squishy frame staying mobile and using CC, then that alone says more than enough to how much he was nerfed.

• Like 1

DE isn't even giving an explanation why they aren't reworking. It definitely seems like DE simply doesn't give a damn. 

The community has been asking for a rework forever. It seems like DE only listens to the community on the weekends when they feel like it or when it benefits their wallet.

Edited by (PS4)The-AngryMan
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, m0b1us1 said:

If you are running "endless" tank then yes. Max power strength is needed. The way new chroma works now is so bad that a steel fiber alone is barely better than augur secrets when using vex armor. So adding another 350+ armor is roughly the same as adding 25% power strength when it comes to EHP increase from vex armor.

If you are running "endless" then you typically run solo and can pause the game.

So you really don't use effigy to draw aggro, you use it as a brief CC.

So all you really said was that you don't really play "endless" tank and didn't play much of the old Chroma. Old chroma could pretty much face tank all of that. You didn't have to jump around all over to avoid damage, you could just take it. So yes, Chroma is not in a "great" spot compared to his old version. When you have to play Chroma like a squishy frame staying mobile and using CC, then that alone says more than enough to how much he was nerfed.

are you defending broken mechanics? his calculation was broken so now you cant cope? give me a break. you arent chosing between 350 armor and 25% power STR. all of it adds up. DE doesnt balance the game around endurance so what are we talking about here? you having problems playing at lvls where game balance is broken? 2,327.5 is not a small amount of armor and the one issue that is even a problem is solved by using heat color to get bonus HP.

when the majority of warframes player base start doing 1hr - 3hr+ endless then we can talk about it. till then why talk about it now when the game is being balanced around 80 -100?

Edited by EinheriarJudith
  • Like 1

wooooooooooooow im actually more disappointed than baro bringing primed disappointment. tbh they probly think that since chroma is popular enough that the prime access will sell well anyway w/o actually fixing the frame. they could sell more by doing some of the most simple but effective changes, ive seen alot of ideas and not all of them seem that out of wack in attempt to spruce up the dragon. rip chroma guess all you will ever shine in is eidalon hunts alone.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

He doesn't really need a rework. People want better scaling for spectral and to be able to switch elements. Everyone knows that.

Other than that his kit is fine with the exception of holstering.

You obviously have never played Chroma. Its those like you that make DE think that a frame is "perfectly ok" when it isn't.

Ember for example is not perfectly ok but everyone keeps saying that. Yet you all complain that the frames aren't perfect. Well then shut your traps and stop saying everything is perfect when it is far from it.

That is not all that is wanted and personally, Chroma is my favorite frame, But I am not going to buy him and give DE my hard earned cash if they are going to just postpone everything in favor of something else. Hell they reworked Nezha and he is not scheduled to be primed for nearly another year. 

Personally I think their priorities when it comes to reworks is scewed. Saryn has been reworked repeatedly. Ember and Valkyr nerfed into the ground. Revenant and Khora being very lackluster and half thought out. Either they need to hire a team that can just do reworks and work on warframes while the rest work on Fortuna or we will have the same thing happen next year.

Nearly a year, no new content that is keeping players. They started off so strong with reworking weapons. My opinion they should have stuck with the IPS changes at least it would keep us occupied. But if this holds out then next year we are going to have to wait another YEAR to get meaningful engaging content. 

Yes they do a good job but hell only 2-3 new frames this year all lackluster. And then they won't rework one of their oldest frames.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

He doesn't really need a rework. People want better scaling for spectral and to be able to switch elements. Everyone knows that.

Other than that his kit is fine with the exception of holstering.

his spectral scream always been trashy so tbh id rather they just leave it for it to be a ever going meme but the main problem with his kit is not his damage but his tanking capability. now this will be from a endurance runner point of view and let me say if we only ever look at low lvl then ima just say bring a nuke volt, quake banshee, saryn. . . ok she does the same at any lvl but getting off track. only adding in armor will scale off as it can be a endless scaling game while other frames gain pure invincibility or completely negate out fatal dmg, chroma has armor in which now he can eventually just get one shot (very early might i add) because his kit technically forces him to tank where there is no other frame in the game that has the requirement to tank in order to do their job while his tanking mechanic is mediocre compared to other tanks and leaving him wit little to no options of playstyle. before his nerf which most ppl found fair on the damage part of it but the tank nerf wasnt necessary in which alot of ppl think they could bring back or others who been tossing out other kinds of ideas to address the issue.

As for effigy well its not a problem to his kit but more like its not really something that should be there at all looking at the rest of his kit. ppl found it kind of useless since well if u want the dmg boost u must tank so what is the point in shedding most of your armor? if effigy has the capability to activate his other abilities right there could already be a complete game changer, its simple where his kit barely changed at all, and maybe fix his tanking problem where he is forced to take dmg to gain his main buff. however that isnt the case and with them ignoring him gonna mean players are gonna be disappointed. its fine if u yourself think chroma is good but to other players who play the game from a whole different view will still think he is in a bad spot and thats fine too we all got our own opinions and thoughts but we arent saying he is simply bad cuz thats wat we wanna say but we say it cuz we tested it to its core and found it bleh to our own taste.

• Like 1

On 2018-09-16 at 1:45 PM, (PS4)SCP-100912 said:

I like a lot of your ideas, however an easier thing to do is fuse vex armor and elemental ward into a single ability, and then make his 1 more like a hybrid of Equinox 1st and Ivara's quiver, where tapping lets you choose your element and then hold switches to it, releasing an elemental explosion upon changing as if he's purging the previous elemental energy from his body.

THIS I like, but to make it NOT busted how do we have the purge work?

If its a cool down, then switching elements would be more impactful but less USEFUL because a major reason you would want to do it is on the fly on say, a void run, changing from an ancient to a corpus unit, etc. Waiting even a second, makes it so you could've just un-holstered a gun and got the job done so cooldowns are out...

But purge spam is a little crazy, maybe make it so a purge builds up after 1 breath?

I like that idea.

Also I like your idea, can I add it? (Dont worry I wont add it as an augment).

Edited by MokutoBunshi

15 minutes ago, IgnisDraconis4316 said:

You obviously have never played Chroma. Its those like you that make DE think that a frame is "perfectly ok" when it isn't.

Ember for example is not perfectly ok but everyone keeps saying that. Yet you all complain that the frames aren't perfect. Well then shut your traps and stop saying everything is perfect when it is far from it.

That is not all that is wanted and personally, Chroma is my favorite frame, But I am not going to buy him and give DE my hard earned cash if they are going to just postpone everything in favor of something else. Hell they reworked Nezha and he is not scheduled to be primed for nearly another year. 

Personally I think their priorities when it comes to reworks is scewed. Saryn has been reworked repeatedly. Ember and Valkyr nerfed into the ground. Revenant and Khora being very lackluster and half thought out. Either they need to hire a team that can just do reworks and work on warframes while the rest work on Fortuna or we will have the same thing happen next year.

Nearly a year, no new content that is keeping players. They started off so strong with reworking weapons. My opinion they should have stuck with the IPS changes at least it would keep us occupied. But if this holds out then next year we are going to have to wait another YEAR to get meaningful engaging content. 

Yes they do a good job but hell only 2-3 new frames this year all lackluster. And then they won't rework one of their oldest frames.

Opinion is not the same as fact.

And the fact is that many of the things you identify as problematic may very well be within the intended parameters. 

The flawed expectation here is that the developers need to cater to the desires of its fanbase. They don't. It's their game and they have been very considerate of lots of griping from the players. 

7 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

And the fact is that many of the things you identify as problematic may very well be within the intended parameters. 

The flawed expectation here is that the developers need to cater to the desires of its fanbase. They don't. It's their game and they have been very considerate of lots of griping from the players. 

So do nothing is what you say. Give them money you need to do a shotty job and just take it. Go back to EA. You might have money to waste on a game that does whatever. 

The business of gaming is for the fanbase. If they didn't give a hoot then why change some things unless your saying they are exploiting us.

HERE IS A FACT. Chroma needs a rework. So do many frames. And if they want to earn lots of money do the rework/revisit before you prime it. not after.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, IgnisDraconis4316 said:

Same way I felt about Zephyr but everyone said she was fine.

Guess nobody gets their way.

4 minutes ago, IgnisDraconis4316 said:

So do nothing is what you say. Give them money you need to do a shotty job and just take it. Go back to EA. You might have money to waste on a game that does whatever. 

The business of gaming is for the fanbase. If they didn't give a hoot then why change some things unless your saying they are exploiting us.

HERE IS A FACT. Chroma needs a rework. So do many frames. And if they want to earn lots of money do the rework/revisit before you prime it. not after.

Here is what you can do. Give your money to someone else or play a different game that meets your expectations. You're going to give yourself an ulcer over something completely insignificant.

3 hours ago, Leqesai said:

"The flawed expectation here is that the developers need to cater to the desires of its fanbase. They don't. It's their game and they have been very considerate of lots of griping from the players."

To be fair, it is the "fan base" that keeps DE in business and keeps the game alive. DE knows this because they have repeatedly told the press the reason Warframe is successful is because of community feedback. Though I'm starting to think they were blowing smoke for good PR.

And many of the ideas and suggestions that the "fanbase" is giving DE seem reasonable and wouldn't be overpowered or disrupt the game negatively. If the "fanbase" wants new abilities or innovative ideas to keep certain frames enjoyable to play, DE should at least address the fanbase and communicate instead of giving everyone vague "screw you" type responses. 

Chroma's kit is counter productive and pretty boring to play. 2 useless abilities. The other 2 are just mediocre buffs. His 4 weakens his 2 and 3 with a heavy energy drain. Chroma doesn't offer a unique kit, engaging kit or much of anything to the game that other frames don't already do or do better.

Most frames seem balanced but a few need to be reworked. Chroma, Titania, Wukong, Nyx,  and to a lesser extent Vauban.

Frame balance is off. We should want variety, innovation, and useful abilities. You don't get that by constantly being a DE apologist willing to shell out $100 for simple skins and aesthetics that don't fix the problems with gameplay. If DE sees that they're making money hand over fist by just releasing skins and by releasing new weapons with slightly higher stats so people will foam at the mouth over rivens for 2,000 platinum, then that is all you will get.

Edited by (PS4)The-AngryMan
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

are you defending broken mechanics? his calculation was broken so now you cant cope? give me a break. you arent chosing between 350 armor and 25% power STR. all of it adds up. DE doesnt balance the game around endurance so what are we talking about here? you having problems playing at lvls where game balance is broken? 2,327.5 is not a small amount of armor and the one issue that is even a problem is solved by using heat color to get bonus HP.

when the majority of warframes player base start doing 1hr - 3hr+ endless then we can talk about it. till then why talk about it now when the game is being balanced around 80 -100?

well my issue is not evolving around going for 1+ hour runs. its more of his kit not having fluidity, and party trick level of effectiveness for the key "dragon"  qualities. which i feel is being weighted down by having his 4th ability as effigy. at least knock that ability down to 1st ability at least. and then rework spectral scream into a great 4th ability. and then bam a more engaging playstyle for chroma, rather then just press 2 and 3 over and over and kill stuff with weapons.

• Like 2