Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma needs a rework

Aleksi134

40 minutes ago, (XB1)TRL kaldwin said:

First of all? Rhino's roar

Oh, oh, the almost-having-a-point-and-failing.

Guess what the maximum value of Roar is?

Without Energy Conversion and Growing Power? Multiplicative 168%

What's Chroma's under the same circumstances? Additive 1179.5%

And it's funny, but what does that look like when you actually compare the damage from the same ability when under the influence of either? 

A weapon that deals 50 Damage. Roar; 84 damage. Vex, 589.75.

Throw on a Serration for +165% damage at base. 82.5 Base damage. Roar; 138.6. Vex, 672.25.

You starting to see the difference there? It's only once you get to the absolutely outside edge of what modding is capable of that Roar actually draws level.

All abilities have a balance across the board. What you're upset about is that a broken frame was fixed.

And name me any ability that augments your Defense, your Armour or similar, that is Multiplicative. I'll wait.

Roar increases all damage while vex armor increases weapon damage. And they can be combine to be deadly. Then there’s mirages eclipse. One crazy trio.

Me and a guy used a maxed strength nidus(374%) with a near maxed strength chroma(337%). And it goes over 2,000% fury. And when we were both fissured... his health was over 5,000 so I’m sure you can guess the numbers. I’ve done some calculations and there’s just way too many numbers. Just know that my maxed strength nidus and near maxed strength chroma, rhino, and equinox would create a Super Saiyan God Chroma. Especially fissured. 

I just don’t like that his second and third are the only abilities really used. It would be nice if his fury strengthened his Effigy for extra energy cost. That would at least make his forth ability better and balanced. That’s what gave me the idea of chroma’s augment turning him into a flying sentient dragon. It would combine his abilities. Be more in sync. 

But that’s just my opinion.

26 minutes ago, Thaylien said:

Oh, oh, the almost-having-a-point-and-failing.

Guess what the maximum value of Roar is?

Without Energy Conversion and Growing Power? Multiplicative 168%

What's Chroma's under the same circumstances? Additive 1179.5%

And it's funny, but what does that look like when you actually compare the damage from the same ability when under the influence of either? 

Throw on a Serration for +165% damage at base. 82.5 Base damage. Roar; 138.6. Vex, 672.25.

You starting to see the difference there? It's only once you get to the absolutely outside edge of what modding is capable of that Roar actually draws level.

All abilities have a balance across the board. What you're upset about is that a broken frame was fixed.

And name me any ability that augments your Defense, your Armour or similar, that is Multiplicative. I'll wait.

Aside from the fact that chon 323% of strength power fury buff is 888 and not 1179. Then Rhino has a better Chroma cc (the chroma 4th sucks like the first). He may have armor for free and damage as soon as he activates the ability, while Chroma must revert to life and shield for damage and armor. Other point Your calculations are wrong because if you do a test at the simulacrum (with 323% force power on both) Rhino does that little more damage, but still superior. Now I say ... It seems balanced that a warframe can have more damage, armor and be immune to the cc and another that must first suffer damage to have bonuses is also lower from the point of view of damage, armor, cc? (counts that it is not even immune to the cc). Are there any other multiplicative armor skills? NO. And indeed with the new calculation his ability to survive is ridiculous. Watch mesa, woukong, Race, nidus, Oberon, valkyr, nezha, inaros, nekros, Trinity ... They are all superior to Chroma for survival (and then there is valkyr who has everything in 1 skill and to make matters worse. increases the armor even more with the 2nd and the attack speed and decreases that of the enemies, practically a mini nova with armor). It is enough for you? What then I do not say to return to the levels of before, Give back the old resistance (in the sense to report the calculation as before)  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

Roar increases all damage while vex armor increases weapon damage. And they can be combine to be deadly. Then there’s mirages eclipse. One crazy trio.

Me and a guy used a maxed strength nidus(374%) with a near maxed strength chroma(337%). And it goes over 2,000% fury. And when we were both fissured... his health was over 5,000 so I’m sure you can guess the numbers. I’ve done some calculations and there’s just way too many numbers. Just know that my maxed strength nidus and near maxed strength chroma, rhino, and equinox would create a Super Saiyan God Chroma. Especially fissured. 

I just don’t like that his second and third are the only abilities really used. It would be nice if his fury strengthened his Effigy for extra energy cost. That would at least make his forth ability better and balanced. That’s what gave me the idea of chroma’s augment turning him into a flying sentient dragon. It would combine his abilities. Be more in sync. 

But that’s just my opinion.

Yes, I like your idea, but chroma needs a rework also for the 3rd, the survivability is just 1/4 of the old Chroma ( that is really too much for an ability that can increases the armor and not makes you invincible like valkyr and Co.) and the damage isn't great. 

The old calculation was good ( the only problem is the double dipping damage, the only problem was that) 

11 hours ago, GinKenshin said:

just goes to show what focusing on 'the next big thing' can do 

Actually, I was fairly sure that it was because when they asked us, what we would rather see; fixing existing content or bringing out new content, the actual polls said to fix existing content.

It's why we've had all the Primary and Secondary weapon reworks plus all the little Frame reworks in the winter to early spring, and then the Tennocon rush took over, meaning that production of actual content for this year only started around May or June... and all of it was for 'the next big thing' except... we didn't get all the bits we should have had in development over the months before that.

DE would usually have a buffer of things their team had been working on, but since the team was instead tasked with completely re-doing Khora, working on and then re-working both her and Revenant before they were even released, all of the weapons, all of the frame tweaks, and now those same content teams are busy on Melee 3.0, Fortuna, Railjack and the Prime releases?

Kind of our fault there. More of the community wanted all those fixes than wanted the new content, and a small team like DE couldn't do both.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, (XB1)TRL kaldwin said:

Aside from the fact that chon 323% of strength power fury buff is 888 and not 1179.

Actually we're both wrong, I double checked the Wiki and Max Strength is 927.75%

27 minutes ago, (XB1)TRL kaldwin said:

Now I say ... It seems balanced that a warframe can have more damage, armor and be immune to the cc and another that must first suffer damage to have bonuses is also lower from the point of view of damage, armor, cc?

Yeah, actually, I do think it's balanced. Not because the single ability is better or worse, but because the abilities do entirely different things, with only that one basic similarity.

And even if, as you'll notice with my earlier comment, at the outside edge of modding (read; when you really mod a weapon for its maximum output) Rhino has the edge there, at what point was the old Chroma's ability actually balanced?

Rhino's multiplicative value is 168%. Chroma's was 927.5%. For an ability that cost the same, and also did more because it also gave him armour.

It's because Vex is not just a damage buff. It's a defense buff on top of the one he gets from his 2. As an overall frame Chroma is entirely different from Rhino, and that's why it's balanced.

Now, before we go further...

I do believe Chroma should be buffed.

I just don't believe it will ever be by upping the damage and defense he gains from Vex Armour. Because that's the bit DE fixed deliberately to this current state.

Look for other ways. Vex Armour is as good as it's ever going to get.

12 hours ago, ShenRyujin said:

wooooooooooooow im actually more disappointed than baro bringing primed disappointment. tbh they probly think that since chroma is popular enough that the prime access will sell well anyway w/o actually fixing the frame. they could sell more by doing some of the most simple but effective changes, ive seen alot of ideas and not all of them seem that out of wack in attempt to spruce up the dragon. rip chroma guess all you will ever shine in is eidalon hunts alone.

Yeah. He's still good on bossfights too if it isn't energy reduction, unless you run a flow efficiency Chroma, which gimps his performance a bit.

Still, as said before, DE has their hands full with new content and other fixes so it's kinda understandable they leave Chroma be. If you think of it, a lot of frames are like Chroma, only used in particular missions: Limbo, Ivara, Frost, Nekros... Chroma doesn't have the shortest end of the stick by far, if you look at frames like Ember. You can actually destroy groups of high level enemies with Amprex Chroma with vex armor and take out tougher enemies with a good secondary like Aklex or Mara Detron, so it's not like there's no versatility, even though some of his skills are in a pretty bad place.

2 hours ago, Thaylien said:

Actually we're both wrong, I double checked the Wiki and Max Strength is 927.75%

Yeah, actually, I do think it's balanced. Not because the single ability is better or worse, but because the abilities do entirely different things, with only that one basic similarity.

And even if, as you'll notice with my earlier comment, at the outside edge of modding (read; when you really mod a weapon for its maximum output) Rhino has the edge there, at what point was the old Chroma's ability actually balanced?

Rhino's multiplicative value is 168%. Chroma's was 927.5%. For an ability that cost the same, and also did more because it also gave him armour.

It's because Vex is not just a damage buff. It's a defense buff on top of the one he gets from his 2. As an overall frame Chroma is entirely different from Rhino, and that's why it's balanced.

Now, before we go further...

I do believe Chroma should be buffed.

I just don't believe it will ever be by upping the damage and defense he gains from Vex Armour. Because that's the bit DE fixed deliberately to this current state.

Look for other ways. Vex Armour is as good as it's ever going to get.

If this is the best of vex armor Then we should worry. It makes no sense to use Chroma instead of Rhino or other frames apart for its cool skin.

tbh vex armor is fine. the buffs are great.

but since the op vex armor is gone (pre fix) it really just shows more then ever before that all of his other abilities are lackluster. 

keep vex armor as it is but rework his other abilities.

as i read often by now:

spectral scream should be exalted - having mods to increase its strength would allready help alot.

his elemental ward just needs some adjustments to poison, electric and ice.

poison: makes chroma immune to status effects.

electric: gives speed boost, and having the "electric shock" chain from enemy to enemy (getting slightly weaker each time).

ice: have the armor buff be multiplied by vex armors buff. as a result ice would again be the best element to go full tank.

fire is fine giving a huge health boost - maybe it should also give health regen but overall its fine.

effigy: make it a duration based ability and make the vex armor fury buff increase the strength of effigy

or

make the stun a permanent aura around effigy. similar to a smaller slow nova- every enemy entering the intimidating aoe aura of the dragon is beeing slowed down.

thanks. hope you enjoyed my feedback.

Edited by DeadlyCreation
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, (XB1)TRL kaldwin said:

If this is the best of vex armor Then we should worry. It makes no sense to use Chroma instead of Rhino or other frames apart for its cool skin.

Sooooo... is that all the potential you see? I mean... sorry, but, I'll put in an Owen Wilson 'Wow' there. A frame is more than one ability.

I mean, beyond the part that his passive, if made something we could change in mission, opens up a metric ton of possibilities...

Spectral Scream has potential, an elemental cone-of-effect cast that could, instead of its current fixed drain, be changed to a single-cast guaranteed elemental proc that plays into either CC, tailored damage, or just an additional elemental for use with Condition Overload. There's dozens of little buffs to this one to make it use-able at every level of the game.

Elemental Ward offers the potential for self and team buffs that goes way beyond anything that poor Rhino could do, with health buffs, shield buffs, armour buffs and speed/parkour velocity buffs (and yeah, green needs something better than just reload speed) available, on top of that with auras around all affected that could provide more unique buffs, like damage reflect on ice, low level health regen on fire, actual effects for having the buff running on not just one person, but also on the whole team as long as they're in range (also, come on DE, if you're reading this debate, Everlasting Ward is a band-aid and you know it, make it part of the base ability). Heck, why not add something like the main Aura buffs, where if you're in a team and there's four people affected, you get stacked results, more reflect, more regen, more speed... encourage the use of being grouped in range of a Chroma to get the increased buffs, even though you get a base buff just for being in range once.

And then Effigy, with what that's capable of being... eesh, the buff possibilities. Get Pablo to look at it. It's a floating turret that's able to cast a massively higher damage version of your 1, has a radial push CC and a stagger CC built into it, and can be a potential rally point, able to provide the buffs from Vex and Elemental Ward to allies in range of it, if you want to go running about out of range. Boost those functions, and leave out the ridiculous ones like bonus Credits, nobody needs that after they've played the game long enough to acquire Chroma. And while you're out of that heavy overcoat, give us that base speed, but don't stop there, boost our range or similar, make it worth it for losing that base armour to encourage us to actually use that ability more.

Chroma stops being a one-trick frame with only Vex Armour, his defense would be genuinely better off if he had actual crowd control from Effigy, his damage would be better off if his abilities could contribute in a meaningful way to the game itself.

Chroma, as a Warframe, becomes functional, rather than just Chroma, the Vex Armour frame.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MokutoBunshi said:

THIS I like, but to make it NOT busted how do we have the purge work?

If its a cool down, then switching elements would be more impactful but less USEFUL because a major reason you would want to do it is on the fly on say, a void run, changing from an ancient to a corpus unit, etc. Waiting even a second, makes it so you could've just un-holstered a gun and got the job done so cooldowns are out...

But purge spam is a little crazy, maybe make it so a purge builds up after 1 breath?

I like that idea.

Also I like your idea, can I add it? (Dont worry I wont add it as an augment).

Oh yeah, add it if you want! As for preventing spam, I'd say make it have a buildup of damage, so it could be spammed still but it will do negligible damage if you don't give it time. That way it still would be useful for procs at no buildup, and then decent damage at full buildup.

3 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

There is no versatility whatsoever. What you mentioned were examples of different weapons, that can apply to any Warframe. Chroma only has two skills and one way of playing him

Dude I love you. EXACTLY.

In my opinion I would like to see this for Chroma:

Passive: Keep it the same but have it also let him change elements on the fly.

Spectral Scream: CC Ability - Status Chance should be to at least 25 - 50% Power strength effected. All breaths should increase in Damage the longer it is on up to a cap. FIRE BREATH: Smoke from fire blinds around you in a radius not affected by Range. Fire has chance to set enemies alight. ICE BREATH: Freezes melee attackers/enemies in a radius around you fixed range. Ice has a chance to freeze and shatter enemies. TOXIN BREATH: Enemies around you are weakened, damage they do is lessened while in the Toxic cloud. Toxin cone has a chance to do a toxin proc. ELECTRIC BREATH: Enemies are stun with electric proc similar to Volts 4 in a radius around you. Electricity breath chains to 4-5 additional enemies. Synergy with Elemental ward (the following is better for helping a ally. For example an ally that just lost their shields can run into your breath and regen their shields): FIRE BREATH health regen buff for a few seconds to allies caught in it. Breath on them to reapply. ICE BREATH armor buff works similar to other breath. TOXIN BREATH Elemental damage of ally weapons are increased similar functionality. ELECTRIC BREATH allies shields gain regen and gain overshields up to a certain amount. Synergy with Vex Armor. Stats increased and damage increased per buff strength. AUGMENT CHANGE: When firing the blast of the element it provides the statuses and buffs in a AOE. Blind, Freeze, Gas or Zap or large group of enemies or aim for party for team buff.

Elemental Ward: Team Support Ability - Make it similar to Rhino's Roar. Allies in Range gain an aura that buffs them they no longer need to stay in range of Chroma to maintain buff. FIRE AURA: increased health and health regen for duration of the aura. ICE AURA: Increase armor and damage reduction for duration of aura. TOXIN AURA: Increase elemental damage of all damage (weapon, abilities) for duration of aura. ELECTRIC AURA: Increase shields and shield regen for duration of the aura. AUGMENT CHANGE:  You can cast this ability to a target area.

Vex Armor: Keep it the same but make the buff stronger so that it is similar to how it was. Maybe not as strong but close enough. Make it so that it buff weapon damage (melee and gun), spectral scream damage and Effigy damage. 

Effigy: have it be similar to Umbra where it follows you around like a specter. Synergy with Vex armor where it shares the buff with you. Also pulses current energy color aura every few seconds. Uses stun more often. when spectral scream is used by effigy and character damage is increased and proc chance. Effigy has a higher chance to gain rarer mods, loot and resources from enemies killed.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

In my opinion I would like to see this for Chroma:

Passive: Keep it the same but have it also let him change elements on the fly.

Spectral Scream: CC Ability - Status Chance should be to at least 25 - 50% Power strength effected. All breaths should increase in Damage the longer it is on up to a cap. FIRE BREATH: Smoke from fire blinds around you in a radius not affected by Range. Fire has chance to set enemies alight. ICE BREATH: Freezes melee attackers/enemies in a radius around you fixed range. Ice has a chance to freeze and shatter enemies. TOXIN BREATH: Enemies around you are weakened, damage they do is lessened while in the Toxic cloud. Toxin cone has a chance to do a toxin proc. ELECTRIC BREATH: Enemies are stun with electric proc similar to Volts 4 in a radius around you. Electricity breath chains to 4-5 additional enemies. Synergy with Elemental ward (the following is better for helping a ally. For example an ally that just lost their shields can run into your breath and regen their shields): FIRE BREATH health regen buff for a few seconds to allies caught in it. Breath on them to reapply. ICE BREATH armor buff works similar to other breath. TOXIN BREATH Elemental damage of ally weapons are increased similar functionality. ELECTRIC BREATH allies shields gain regen and gain overshields up to a certain amount. Synergy with Vex Armor. Stats increased and damage increased per buff strength. AUGMENT CHANGE: When firing the blast of the element it provides the statuses and buffs in a AOE. Blind, Freeze, Gas or Zap or large group of enemies or aim for party for team buff.

Elemental Ward: Team Support Ability - Make it similar to Rhino's Roar. Allies in Range gain an aura that buffs them they no longer need to stay in range of Chroma to maintain buff. FIRE AURA: increased health and health regen for duration of the aura. ICE AURA: Increase armor and damage reduction for duration of aura. TOXIN AURA: Increase elemental damage of all damage (weapon, abilities) for duration of aura. ELECTRIC AURA: Increase shields and shield regen for duration of the aura. AUGMENT CHANGE:  You can cast this ability to a target area.

Vex Armor: Keep it the same but make the buff stronger so that it is similar to how it was. Maybe not as strong but close enough. Make it so that it buff weapon damage (melee and gun), spectral scream damage and Effigy damage. 

Effigy: have it be similar to Umbra where it follows you around like a specter. Synergy with Vex armor where it shares the buff with you. Also pulses current energy color aura every few seconds. Uses stun more often. when spectral scream is used by effigy and character damage is increased and proc chance. Effigy has a higher chance to gain rarer mods, loot and resources from enemies killed.

Thoughts?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DeadlyCreation said:

tbh vex armor is fine. the buffs are great.

but since the op vex armor is gone (pre fix) it really just shows more then ever before that all of his other abilities are lackluster. 

keep vex armor as it is but rework his other abilities.

as i read often by now:

spectral scream should be exalted - having mods to increase its strength would allready help alot.

his elemental ward just needs some adjustments to poison, electric and ice.

poison: makes chroma immune to status effects.

electric: gives speed boost, and having the "electric shock" chain from enemy to enemy (getting slightly weaker each time).

ice: have the armor buff be multiplied by vex armors buff. as a result ice would again be the best element to go full tank.

fire is fine giving a huge health boost - maybe it should also give health regen but overall its fine.

effigy: make it a duration based ability and make the vex armor fury buff increase the strength of effigy

or

make the stun a permanent aura around effigy. similar to a smaller slow nova- every enemy entering the intimidating aoe aura of the dragon is beeing slowed down.

thanks. hope you enjoyed my feedback.

A way between ours ideas? No? 

"I’ve done many tests with chroma. He is mainly used to bring the weapons back into the spotlight. In fact he was so OP that he could one shot a teralyst’s limb."

So I guess that means many frames are OP then because Rhino, Volt, and Octavia can 1 shot Teralyst limbs. Chroma was never OP when you consider the fact that invisibility frames exist and Covert Lethality exists. The large damage numbers Chroma could produce were not a big deal. DE even admitted this when they said they knew the bug existed but left it alone because it didn't impact the game. Current weapons can one shot most content in the game even without any ability damage buffs. Chroma's massive damage numbers wouldn't become relevant until much higher level enemies appear after hours in an endless mission. And at that point his EHP wouldn't be high enough to survive at those levels when those large numbers would become relevant.

The excuse DE used to nerf Chroma was because they didn't want him one shotting Eidolons which doesn't make sense because people are still one shotting eidolons. 

"Chroma's survivability was, and I'm sure I've said this too many times, actually broken. More so than his damage." "Now, if you compare it to the other ability-based damage-mitigating frames, like Mesa, Gara, Trinity, Nezha, Nova, they all have something specific in common; none of them can exceed 95% Damage Reduction without another Warframe's abilities to boost them. 

That is a total load of nonsense. Pre nerf Chroma could achieve about 100k+ EHP but there was a catch. There were down times between Vex Armor/Elemental Ward recasting and you had to rebuild his fury/scorn buff. He had a lot of time of vulnerability between recastings. Currently, Nidus can achieve 100k EHP with Umbral mods and Arcane Guardian. Inaros can achieve 50k EHP with a regular build while STILL being able to heal himself easily with his 2 and one shotting anything with his 1 and Covert Lethality. Nova's 1 (yes her first ability) can achieve 90% damage mitigation. She can be boosted even further with Arcane Guardian. Mesa can go beyond 90% damage reduction with Guardian. same for Trin, Gara and Nezha. Zephyr is immune to projectiles. Wukong literally cannot die if you have max duration and Rage/Hunter Adrenaline. Rhino is Rhino with CC immunity and 40k EHP depending how many enemies you hit with Rhino Charge. Even Nekros has more EHP than Chroma. Invisibility frames are a lame playstyle that require no skill and can scale infinitely.

Now compare all of this with current Chroma. The current Heat Chroma can achieve about 29k EHP and 21k with Cold Chroma. That is with Umbral Intensify, Blind Rage and Transient Fortitude. The rest of your mod slots go towards duration or efficiency to keep your buffs up. To reach his maximum practical EHP he can reach about 60k if you build Umbral Intensify, Blind Rage, Transient Fortitude, Primed Flow, and Quick Thinking. But with a build like that you may have to sacrifice some duration and you'll have negative efficiency. You will probably need double Arcane Energizes or at least 1 maxed Arcane Energize to make sure you have enough energy to refresh your buffs.

And the problem is that is all Chroma can do. That is sad considering the fact that many frames surpass Chroma's EHP with ease while still offering more to a team. Nova can go beyond 90% damage reduction easily with an Arcane Guardian and her Molecular Prime slows enemies by 75% which increases survivability even more. Nidus can acheive 100k EHP with minimal effort (Umbral Mods, Arcane Guardian, and Parasitic Link), has built in HP regen, can heal his team more effectively and provides CC with larva while dealing out great damage with his 1. On top of that, Nidus has damage immunity with his undying passive. Inaros can achieve the same levels of EHP while providing CC with his 1. Rhino can boost ability damage for a lengthy duration regardless of range, provide great CC and achieve 30k EHP no problem.

All Chroma can do is run around buffing himself for less EHP while providing nothing else. He has to dedicate all of his mod slots to build for max power strength, duration, and neg efficiency to retain his survivability which causes his Effigy to drain his energy pool faster and causes you to use Heat or Cold 99% of the time because electric and toxin elemental ward are trash. Other frames can achieve the same EHP levels while offering more.

Frames including Chroma are far from balanced and I don't see how people can defend it or make up excuses because everyone who tries to defend it seem to be using invalid info, weak arguments, or blowing smoke. Chroma's abilities do not synergize and his playstyle is boring. Many of his elemental effects are underwhelming if not useless.

I don't think people have much of a problem with Vex Armor or Chroma's EHP. The problem is that he has 2 worthless abilities and his Elemental Ward is just a boring, weaker Vex Armor buff. Most people just want his 1, 2, and 4 to be improved. That is a reasonable request and not too much to ask.

Chroma's theme is supposed to be the "master of elements" but all of his elemental abilities are garbage. 99% of the time you use heat or cold just to max his EHP because electric and toxin don't synergize with his other abilities.

Allowing him to switch elements on the fly and allowing him to turn Spectral Scream into corrosive, blast, etc. would make it more fun to use and give it a purpose. It would also make him fit his title of "master of elements" instead of being a gimmick. The ability to adapt to his surroundings. Going up against Grineer? Just switch to green for Spectral Scream and blue for Elemental Ward, turning his elemental attacks into corrosive. That would not be op or anywhere close. It would be a fun improvement. It would encourage a more versatile playstyle. You might actually start seeing Chroma players using Spectral Scream more and switching between colors to stack elemental effects for condition overload.

His Elemental Ward needs improvements for electric and toxin. Heat should give you a tiny amount of HP regen similar to Nidus. Electric should boost shield regen or max energy pool. Toxin should do increased percentage based damage that scales with enemy hp similar to Reave or maybe a temporary invisibility buff when the enemy hits you to make up for the lack of EHP that toxin doesn't provide. Cold could use a slight increase from 150% armor to 200% to make up for the lack of EHP compared to heat. The aura around Chroma's feet should be doubled. It is currently too small to be of any use.

Effigy needs a reduction in energy consumption to encourage more use. Just like Spectral Scream, Effigy should utilize whatever elemental combo you have selected. 

All of Chroma's augments are hot garbage and not worth anyone's time. The Elemental Ward augment should be part of the ability or at least make the Effigy augment part of the ability.

None of these suggestions seem unreasonable. The fact that DE refuses to address Chroma's problems or address player requests with detailed responses isn't promising for their claims of "listening to player feedback".

Edited by (PS4)The-AngryMan
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, BoarWarrior said:

You can actually destroy groups of high level enemies with Amprex Chroma with vex armor and take out tougher enemies with a good secondary like Aklex or Mara Detron, so it's not like there's no versatility, even though some of his skills are in a pretty bad place.

I would just like to point out that you can replace "Chroma" with "Rhino" and you get the same result. You don't even need to wildly play them differently (and you don't need to spend time hurting yourself). You could even use Octavia (note that she has access to stealth multipliers with melee... not that she needs them) in localized areas, or Sonar Banshee and get similar or better results.

You can't have "versatility" or "adaptability" as long as his best skill is a steroid buff (a non-elemental based one at that) and he is locked into one element for a mission because it is one dimensional play. I have never seen a Chroma do anything else other than weapon damage and sponge hits. Well, Rhino can do that too and he gets the benefit of a mobility build or a massive CC build. That is "versatility".

4 hours ago, BoarWarrior said:

If you think of it, a lot of frames are like Chroma, only used in particular missions: Limbo, Ivara, Frost, Nekros... Chroma doesn't have the shortest end of the stick by far, if you look at frames like Ember.

I am not sure what you are getting at with this. I mean the frames you listed certainly have places where they are used more than others but that is natural. Chroma is a good boss killer but that doesn't particularly lessen him else where as he is always doing that damage. But Limbo, Ivara, Frost, and Nekros can all be used in different ways. Limbo and Nekros make great supports for both health and energy for any mission. My personal favorite Frost build is CC Frost with Ice Wave Impedance shutting down most all attacks inside and outside the Globe. There is also Icy Avalanche builds that can be played a bit more like Rhino. And Ivara was built with tools for fitting her to your needs. Chroma on the other hand is only useful for killing fast which isn't bad in itself just boring.

Now Ember... I am not say she is in the best of spots but have you actually tried building her for Flash Accelerant? Personally I would get rid of WoF with a new ability but Ember isn't slacking in damage when you build her right.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Thaylien said:

without serration Roar: 134 damage, Vex: 512

with serration Base damage: 132.5 damage, Roar: 355.1 damage, Vex: 594.5

FTFY

And its just a shame his EHP will not be addressed.  The part that got me the most was the armor reduction.  Was it corrected from what it was intended....yes but in the process we are left with a frame that is hiding behind objects and effigy to draw fire to buff teammates.  There was no "middle of the road" approach on the armor debuff and we are left with a paper mache dragon.  As for no rework before prime access it could be because useage statistics suggest enough players are still using him enough to get expected number of prime access purchases.  If his useage tanked after first rework then a fix would of been priority before prime access was released.

• Like 2