Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma needs a rework

Aleksi134

11 hours ago, m0b1us1 said:

DE, why have you remained silent about what you did to Chroma and are almost refusing to even look his way? The only times I ever see Chroma in something that isn't eidolons is when either I or my clan mate, both of us started as Chroma mains, play him. I just want to hear why you, DE, are so afraid to correct your knee-jerk reaction to eidolons being far easier than you wanted and taking it out on Chroma.

I think, and I'm trying to be non-combative, because they said everything that needed to be said about what they did when they did it. Literally that they made a mistake with base Chroma, he was not supposed to be able to get that much survivability the entire time, and this change (while a nerf) was planned and deliberate in order to bring his potential damage reduction and survivability back down to the level that is supposed to be achievable in the game.

In short, that the most DR a frame should be able to get, and thus the most total Effective Health a frame can get, is nearly universal across the board. From Trinity's stacking buffs on herself to get 93-94% DR, Mesa's 95%, Gara's 90%, Nezha's new 90%, Nova's 90% and every frame with actual 'total' mitigation of damage, such as Valkyr's invulnerability in Hysteria, Limbo's Riftwalk, Rhino's Iron Skin and Zephyr's Turbulence, all having drawbacks to their use that you either need to specifically compensate for in gameplay, or cost mod-slots to compensate for and ruin your builds.

Frames that can't achieve this kind of level have abiliites that are designed to prevent damage being dealt to them instead, with CC being the fore-front of that.

Yes Chroma was better before, but DE did say, several times, that he wasn't supposed to be, and sorry, but the calculations were wrong and are now right.

But I'm not getting into the deeper aspects of fixing Chroma.

DE didn't say anything about his abilities at all on the DevStream, they neither confirmed changes, nor denied them. Rebecca literally only showed Chroma to us here, just like she only showed Chroma to us on the Prime Time the previous day, because somebody had leaked the Prime Access stuff on Reddit already just before then. Meaning they really wouldn't have shown us Chroma if that hadn't happened.

So there's still the possibility that they're doing something for his Prime Release at the end of the month and they'll debut those changes on the next DevStream, when they're ready to talk about them, instead of the Fortuna stuff they were showing off this time.

• Like 1

Who said there weren't going to be?

DE didn't even want to show us Chroma Prime this time around, and only did so because somebody leaked his Prime Access, and the weapons, with their 'work in progress' stats on Thursday right before Prime Time.

They didn't mention any of his abilities at all, except for the visuals on Effigy. Nothing else was said.

Changes could still be in the works and be announced before Chroma Prime at the end of the month, when they actually planned to talk about them, and the reason they didn't talk about them now is because they're still work-in-progress. This is two threads in a few short minutes, why is everyone running around shouting that the sky is falling?

47 minutes ago, Thaylien said:

Who said there weren't going to be?

DE didn't even want to show us Chroma Prime this time around, and only did so because somebody leaked his Prime Access, and the weapons, with their 'work in progress' stats on Thursday right before Prime Time.

They didn't mention any of his abilities at all, except for the visuals on Effigy. Nothing else was said.

Changes could still be in the works and be announced before Chroma Prime at the end of the month, when they actually planned to talk about them, and the reason they didn't talk about them now is because they're still work-in-progress. This is two threads in a few short minutes, why is everyone running around shouting that the sky is falling?

I'm almost certain there will be changes. They know how the community feels. Likely there will just be one change and that's to his one allowing switching.

I can't see anything else happening though.

As the title says... Chroma is not interesting, not powerful, not tanky, not dragonic at all.

Instead he is boring, powerless, weak, useless and he's in the closet and nobody wants to play him (I don't want to play him).

This forum creaks from genius ideas for his rework and no one hears them.

Why? Why did you have to nerf him? Why did you have to make him so "meh"? Why did you spoiled all the fun?

All above is my personal opinion, I don't want to argue with anybody, I don't want to read your opinions, so either you agree either you leave this thread to die.

Thank you.

I summon you @[DE]Pablo

• Like 8

He REALLY needs something. As soon as his nerf was revealed I knew it was gonna make him useless. Seems like youtubers and the community in general do not know how this game's math works and couldn't tell the obvious: He was gonna be weak. Less damage than even Mirage (which is already pretty bad) and the tanking went to the gutter trash. He is a really, really bad Rhino right now, that's about it. His prime is not worth it for anyone, neither is investing forma into him.

Funnily enough, as someone who mainly played Chroma in the past, Nezha right now feels like Chroma in a lot of aspects. Massive DR needing you to constantly heal his HP, nice synergy with arcanes that restore health on condition, insane damage buff (200 PS Nezha increases more than 300 PS Rhino), but unlike Chroma, he is naturally and ungodly fast, his 1 makes that everything behind him is forever stunned and his CC is quite amazing. So it's basically a BETTER Chroma in a lot of ways, trading the not so insane damage buff for A LOT more benefits.

I'll be utterly disappointed if DE does not adress Chroma's current situation, he is definitely on the bottom tier of frames for basically no reason. The whole 1 shotting eidolons issue was a joke, Volt could do something almost identical with 3 shots, which if you count the fact he doesn't need to self damage to buff AND his shield boosts operator damage, good Volts could kill eidolons SOLO even faster than Chroma, and they still can do this day (unless they nerfed his shield on operators, I don't really hunt eidolons anymore).

• Like 9

25 minutes ago, THeMooN85 said:

All above is my personal opinion, I don't want to argue with anybody, I don't want to read your opinions, so either you agree either you leave this thread to die.

Or maybe, you don't use a forum if you don't want to discuss things.

Btw:

26 minutes ago, THeMooN85 said:

Instead he is boring, powerless, weak, useless and he's in the closet and nobody wants to play him (I don't want to play him).

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong and wrong.
6 times wrong. You failed class.
Have a good day.

30 minutes ago, THeMooN85 said:

Well, here I was thinking a discussion could be had but you dropped this. Guess this thread can die then. 

But seriously, I don't think chroma is gonna get even an iota of a tweak other than the prime stats. We have around a week or two until the prime releases. I and many others have been barking up that tree for a while. Perhaps after the release, long after, his 4 will be an exalted ability. That might have a bit of salt there, but I feel it's more no one knows what to do with chroma or what direction to take him, so screw it: exalted everything

37 minutes ago, THeMooN85 said:

-snip-

12 minutes ago, Fujiwuji said:

He REALLY needs something. As soon as his nerf was revealed I knew it was gonna make him useless. Seems like youtube and the community, in general, do not know how this game's math works and couldn't tell the obvious: He was gonna be weak. Less damage than even Mirage (which is already pretty bad) and the tanking went to the gutter trash. He is a really, really bad Rhino right now, that's about it. His prime is not worth it for anyone, neither is investing forma into him.

Exactly, right now he's a 2 trick-pony and given how much of the Community want him reworked it just proves that he needs a rework before his Prime, All I have seen and with most of peoples opinions everyone wants his 1-4th changed and reworked. While his 2-3 are pretty much press to win.

16 minutes ago, Fujiwuji said:

Funnily enough, as someone who mainly played Chroma in the past, Nezha right now feels like Chroma in a lot of aspects. Massive DR needing you to constantly heal his HP, nice synergy with arcane that restore health on condition, insane damage buff (200 PS Nezha increases more than 300 PS Rhino), but unlike Chroma, he is naturally and ungodly fast, his 1 makes that everything behind him is forever stunned and his CC is quite amazing. So it's basically a BETTER Chroma in a lot of ways, trading the not so insane damage buff for A LOT more benefits.

I played Chroma in the past as well and even past the Nerf, Chroma didn't really appeal to me, he was just a "Cooler Rhino"  and Neha blows Chroma out the water for me, a lot of good changes are needed to make Chroma ideal to play, rather than just hitting 2-3 and then in pretty much god-mode for the rest of the mission.

19 minutes ago, Fujiwuji said:

I'll be utterly disappointed if DE does not address Chroma's current situation, he is definitely on the bottom tier of frames for basically no reason. The whole 1 shotting eidolons issue was a joke, Volt could do something almost identical with 3 shots, which if you count the fact he doesn't need to self-damage to buff AND his shield boosts operator damage, good Volts could kill eidolons SOLO even faster than Chroma, and they still can do this day (unless they nerfed his shield on operators, I don't really hunt eidolons anymore).

Same, all I have seen Chroma in missions are the Tera-Hunts and that's about it, I never have seen him outside of normal gameplay

18 minutes ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

They want to sell his prime access bundles so you can be sure he'll get some tweaks and buffs before the release, just be patient till then.

Don't work that way buddy.

Something will get more Value and Profit if the item is in tip-top shape and worth using, not half-baked and THEN you get it polished and cleaned. PA won't see much sales with a "Meh" product. 

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

11 minutes ago, Sajochi said:

Well, here I was thinking a discussion could be had but you dropped this. Guess this thread can die then. 

Nuff said

Joking aside, I do feel your idea behind this, given DE's history of such, half-baked, years of wait, then gets fixed. I won't be surprised, but he is in dire need of a rework and like I said above me, you can't spit-polish 💩and then sell it, you need to make sure the item you are trying to sell is in tip-top shape. (Keep in mind: Used/Rented, don't apply here)

I tryed all kind of builds to make him fun

but augment are bad and vex armor augment cant work at hight lvl nor at any lvl

he have no real passive and mostly cold alignement only is used

anyway all his element feel the same at gameplay , cast and refresh till no end

effigy..... dont aggro much , dont deal much damages, dont cc much....

But hey its a dragon and he look cool... but he cant fly and just breath fire like old fashioned dragon that was killed by random knight in secondes..

Its a freaking frame war machine , it shouldnt breath fire in such old fashioned way , Dragon humanoid dont breath fire anyway , they do kamehamea and other hadouken

Edited by Tsoe

Also given OP whuold more then likely want ideas or agreements

The Ideas: 
Dragon Rage <New Passive>: Converts 15% of Damage on Health to Energy

1.Elemental Alignment: Cycle through four Elemental Damage types: Fire, Electric, Pison and Ice. Holding down the power will cause Chroma to let out a ferocious howl that emits a shockwave of the picked Elemental Power.
Ice: Freezes enemies within its radius 
Fire: Lays a fire-patch around Chroma
Electric: Stuns nearby Enemies, can chain.
Toxin: Heals Chroma for the number of enemies hit.
SFX: See Intro for Chroma's Profile

2. Elemental Ward:  Small Tweak: Everlasting Ward is added to his kit.

3.Vex Armor: No Change.

4.Dragon Effigy: Become the Primal Dragon, Chroma levitates into the air allowing him full control over the battlefield, when activating Chroma unleashes an AoE wave of elemental damage, Holding Fire will cause him to exhale a deep breath of elemental destruction. Holding Aim will charge up a ball of engrey that launches a single damaging elemental attack. 
(To Clarify: It works like Rev's ulty, but you are able to move at much faster speed and are a 2 feet of the ground)

Note: This works like his old 1st and Augment into one final utly 

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Like 2

il y a 3 minutes, Circle_of_Psi a dit :

Also given OP whuold more then likely want ideas or agreements

The Ideas: 
Dragon Rage <New Passive>: Converts 15% of Damage on Health to Energy

1.Elemental Alignment: Cycle through four Elemental Damage types: Fire, Electric, Pison and Ice. Holding down the power will cause Chroma to let out a ferocious howl that emits a shockwave of the picked Elemental Power.
Ice: Freezes enemies within its radius 
Fire: Lays a fire-patch around Chroma
Electric: Stuns nearby Enemies, can chain.
Toxin: Heals Chroma for the number of enemies hit.
SFX: See Intro for Chroma's Profile

2. Elemental Ward:  Small Tweak: Everlasting Ward is added to his kit.

3.Vex Armor: No Change.

4.Dragon Effigy: Become the Primal Dragon, Chroma levitates into the air allowing him full control over the battlefield, when activating Chroma unleashes an AoE wave of elemental damage, Holding Fire will cause him to exhale a deep breath of elemental destruction. Holding Aim will charge up a ball of engrey that launches a single damaging elemental attack. 
(To Clarify: It works like Rev's ulty, but you are able to move at much faster speed and are a 2 feet of the ground)

Note: This works like his old 1st and Augment into one final utly 

all of this but the last should work only activated in air

on the ground he should keep effigy

And the crazy part is that the most recent tweak he had didn’t really benefit him much. My problem is with his Elemental breath & his Effigy. I said this before & I’ll say It once more. Chroma is suppose to be a dragon. I believe the damage calculations on his effigy should be given to his elemental breath & make his 1 the top dmg dealer like Nidus & Atlas. Because as of now. There isn’t a reason to use it. Even if with maxed out Vex Armor. 

It sucks how Chroma & his Effigy has the same breath ability yet both is calculated very differently. This should be changed and have Chroma to be the destructive dragon he is suppose to be. I would play him much more & switch out elements on a daily basis if he got that drestructive treatment. 

A 1 that's pretty much worse than using an Ignis

A 2 with only 2 viable effects (fire and ice) both working towards increased survivability.

A 3 that buffs damage and survivability

And a 4 that drains too much energy and temporarily ruins fashion for him.

Yeah he needs changes.

I've read lots of interesting suggestions since the nerf to the damage and armor values he used to get with his 3 and in typical DE fashion these were ignored since the issue they had with 1 ability was resolved.

• Like 3