The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma needs a rework

Aleksi134

2 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Mags #1 is actually fan-freakin-tastic in many situation. It does more damage than you think when you actually need it. It is also very nifty on certain maps with edges and stuff. And Ember's 4 is a free layer of damage in most every situation.

The rest I agree with. I had even forgotten what Vaubans #2 was when I read it in your post, I went "wtf!? What is his #2!?", then it struck me "oh the S#&$ty mines".

Chroma could indeed use a change that makes his 1 and 4 worthwhile. Right now he's one of those primes I really dont care if I get or not.

embers 4 is okay, but nowhere near as effective as an aoe as her 3.

13 minutes ago, Hohstadt said:

Okay his 1 and 4 are amazingly cool looking and i'd love for them to be viable.

But other warframes also have abilitys you'd never use in a million years. ivaras 2, vaubans 1 and 2, excaliburs 3, mags 1, embers 4 and 1, ect.

indeed guys useless ability's is totally intended and its not a bad design or a flaw no sir, and powercreep plus (looking sexy)

is the saving grace for this botched prime assess (DE you freaking geniuses keep it real lol)

you can put makeup on a deformed lizard, it may look cool BUT! dont ever forget the fact that its still a deformed lizard that need life changing surgery  or mercy

instead of freaking red lipstick .

Edited by Yatazanami

1 minute ago, Olphalarepth said:

Agreed on list of warframe skills that see little use but the point is that, right now, Chroma is being primed. People can vote with their wallets and hyping for a new prime access for a frame that has no actual skill doesn't feel right.

The only viable skills are his 2 and 3 that are simple buffs, you play your frame like it has virtually nothing. No fireballs, no lightning bolts, no elemental aoe, no super cool looking move, nothing except a colored breath that can barely kill low level enemies and a strip tease that can kill enemies by making them laugh. Oh yeah, add the lack of an actual passive......

hes all hell of alot more viable then  wukong, vauban, atlas, ect and his skills don't need to be flashy to be effective. look at inaros. he does one thing but you better bet hes damn good at it.

i agree he needs to be looked at but not as much as other warframes right now as he has a reason you'd want to use him.

7 minutes ago, Kialandi said:

Prime =/= Rework.

Rework =/= OP.

Is that really so difficult to understand?

Based on the info we got back in August Chroma sees more usage than Atlas, Gara, Harrow, Titania, Wukong, Vauban (including Prime), Nyx (including Prime). I think it's safe to say that Chroma is not in a terrible spot. He could be higher but we don't need another Saryn.

Infact I Don't say that they must bring back all the damage he had before the nerf, only his armor buff.

unlike Saryn Chroma must aim with weapons, must do something in addition to spam spores and miasma, no?

And if DE wants, even double the damage he can do now. Obviously, just the resistance would be excellent but even this little more damage (which I remember to be an additive buff) would really be the best and Chroma would come to a perfect shape. Ps: turn down the energy cost of Effigy a little or make it a timed skill because it is really too much but we do not exaggerate.

36 minutes ago, Orblit said:

What's a bug and old vex armor have in common?

They both are unintentional and needed fixing.

I'm still not sold on that.

2 years and no bugfix? Only for that to conveniently come out when Eidolons are out and Chroma starts 1-shotting them? But it was always okay for Chroma to rip apart lvl 100+ Corrupted enemies with any weapon he felt like taking with him? He was easily one of the strongest Void Endurance runs back when the Void required keys to enter if not THE strongest, continuing the tear through enemies as Mesas and Saryns started to fall off

The first few weeks he was out, there were already videos of Chromas laughing off damage from lvl 100+ corrupted heavy gunners and bombards while killng them just by looking at them and he was allowed to remain in that state for YEARS

For perspective, here's a video of old Vex Armor 1 year ago with a freaking Lato:

And you're telling me he was bugged but allowed to remain in that state for that long? Usually the devs are quick with fixing bugs regarding Warframe abilities, I believe that tends to be one of their first priorities and I'll give them credit, they're usually pretty fast, minus this whole Chroma controversy

I (and many other Chroma players) still believe that it was an intentional nerf to a hilariously powerful ability that was initially intended to be hilariously powerful and not a bugfix. Rather, the devs quickly realized how Chroma squads could trivialize Eidolons and decided that it was finally time to nerf an extremely powerful ability

I'm not saying I disagree with their decision, I expected a damage nerf to come out soon once Eidolons were a thing because he was hella strong at killing them. I just wish they would've either:

A) Been honest and explain it for what it was
B) If it was actually an unintended bug, then fixed it years ago back when he was destroying S#&$ already instead of leaving it alone for 2 years

/rant

Edited by WutsKraken

While most of us (me included) desires the rework Chroma needs, we should always keep every feedback constructive rather than how condescending and mocking the title of this post conveys.

DE has made various slip-ups, and constructive criticism is the way to keep them on track of resolving the issues. Back at Devstream #110 (controversial Sanctuary Onslaught changes), they apologized on the behalf of the team and inform every that non-constructive criticism stresses them out.

Another mistake of DE yes (considering the 7 month time length of the "rework"), but I'm willing to wait it out and see if DE will fix this to gain more sales on the Prime Access.

• Like 1

Wukong is almost nearly unkillable, has a quick knockdown skill and an exalted weapon. Does he need rework? Yes. Is he in that really bad position to be unplayable? No

Vauban has 2 skills that are useless 8and 1 that is bugged but still somewhat working) Does he need rework? Yes. Is he in that really bad position to be unplayable? No

I like Atlas the way it is (maybe just add scaling to golems)

Inaros is a beast the way he is, the only skill I don't use the is the tornado but everything else is awesome. Pocket sand and devour breaks the monotony that Chroma induce (IMHO)

I don't know how you feel about it but when I use a frame I like to cast abilities just for the sake of it. When I play Chroma I feel like I only have to press 2 and 3 to keep the buffs and except for that he is like a frame with no skills. As I wrote, Chroma is being primed NOW and we have been asking for changes for a while now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Feadship said:

Because easymode isn't what it used to be. (DE discovered some bug when folks found out that Chroma exists and how good he is for Eidolons)

It wasn't a bug since his release it was know he had a high dmg multiplication and even bosses with heal gates have been oneshoted. DE just wasn't happy that their new content had Ben onshoted that easily. Otherwise they would have changed his maths before PoE got released

Edited by Dark_Chroma

18 minutes ago, WutsKraken said:

Only for that to conveniently come out when Eidolons are out and Chroma starts 1-shotting them?

Considering that that was the first time he was shown to be so overpowered against something the devs had actually endorsed as a challenge, is this so surprising?

The game isn't balanced around Endurance runs, after all.

33 minutes ago, (PS4)Poison___Insect said:

Chroma prime was just released, and already people are screaming for a rework. Can you guys stop please? your filling the forums with stuff that isn't a real issue because at the end of the day only DE decides what needs a rework and not you.

actually there was a time that DE were about to leave the oberon rework that they released in a terrible state. But there was a huge amount of backlash on the rework and decided to actually fix the issues. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, WutsKraken said:

I'm still not sold on that.

2 years and no bugfix? Only for that to conveniently come out when Eidolons are out and Chroma starts 1-shotting them? But it was always okay for Chroma to rip apart lvl 100+ Corrupted enemies with any weapon he felt like taking with him? He was easily one of the strongest Void Endurance runs back when the Void required keys to enter if not THE strongest, continuing the tear through enemies as Mesas and Saryns started to fall off

The first few weeks he was out, there were already videos of Chromas laughing off damage from lvl 100+ corrupted heavy gunners and bombards while killng them just by looking at them and he was allowed to remain in that state for YEARS

For perspective, here's a video of old Vex Armor 1 year ago with a freaking Lato:

And you're telling me he was bugged but allowed to remain in that state for that long? Usually the devs are quick with fixing bugs regarding Warframe abilities, I believe that tends to be one of their first priorities and I'll give them credit, they're usually pretty fast, minus this whole Chroma controversy

I (and many other Chroma players) still believe that it was an intentional nerf to a hilariously powerful ability that was initially intended to be hilariously powerful and not a bugfix. Rather, the devs quickly realized how Chroma squads could trivialize Eidolons and decided that it was finally time to nerf an extremely powerful ability

I'm not saying I disagree with their decision, I expected a damage nerf to come out soon once Eidolons were a thing because he was hella strong at killing them. I just wish they would've either:

A) Been honest and explain it for what it was
B) If it was actually an unintended bug, then fixed it years ago back when he was destroying S#&$ already instead of leaving it alone for 2 years

/rant

more people opening they're eyes for what is going on , and they're using the same tactic with the riven system disposition , totally scummy .

well, Chroma seems perfectly fine as he is JUST because of his 2 and 3

His 4 isn't the best but its useable,u can use it to distract enemies to move fire away from yourself and that shockwave it sends out when its first summoned, pretty damn useful sometimes. His effigy saved me in a lot of situations.

His 1 however...bruh id rather play with an entire team of newbie limbo players that don't know how to use him right and keeps banishing u everywhere than use that.

Cant DE at least give it like an extra ability where causing damage with his spectral scream restores some health? Then it would be more worthwhile than it is now

Edited by (PS4)Raging_Storm8853
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, (XB1)ultamite hero said:

exactly and they were about to leave the terrible rework changes on oberon as is. But community backlash made DE go and actually make the rework good.

but it was in the middle of a rework. So they where working on it. You don't seem to be understanding that.

Edited by (PS4)Poison___Insect

8 minutes ago, Kyronz said:

Oh wow that is pretty low even for DE.     Admittedly they never said they would patch up that sketchy rework, but just Wow!

people are eating that meatloaf like no tomorrow , DE is monitoring this closely and i can assure you if we eat this in silence then 

expect to see more disgrace like this repeat itself soon , so 

lets stand-up guys and show DE we're not taking this slap to the face without backlash (money backlash, not just barking) .

Edited by Yatazanami
  • Like 3