Aleksi134

Chroma needs a rework

1 hour ago, NinjaZeku said:

What do you mean by "dawn" here?

Also, a passive that only activates while a certain ability is active is not a passive but a function of that ability.

wear, put on. active skills take player input passive skills do not. they are passive they run in the background without any input so yes its a passive.

1 hour ago, Roadle32111 said:

The passive jump bonus doesn't fit chroma very well (he's a thicc boi) but the rest of the kit sounds great. 

Though he is one thicc boi (it cannot be disputed) he's supposed to be related to a dragon (which if your childhood includes the Hobbit cartoon Smaug was both thicc and airborn,image for reference). Dragon's have always dominated the skies in my recollection and it just seems to me that that is an aspect Chroma has never been able to enjoy since conception. I remember when Chroma was first revealed people were talking about how they wanted so badly for him to have some sort of flying mechanic. I remember Quite shy talking about it (around the 2:39 mark) in her review and she brings up some good points. 

I guess I just never got over it, but in my opinion, having a third jump and an aim-glide with effigy's wings may not be super synergetic with his kit true, but it would set him apart from any other frame (without ripping of Zephyr) and be consistent with his theme.

1387697960_771424915.jpg

Edited by Oni_Spartan4
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Oni_Spartan4 said:

Though he is one thicc boi (it cannot be disputed) he's supposed to be related to a dragon (which if your childhood includes the Hobbit cartoon Smaug was both thicc and airborn,image for reference). Dragon's have always dominated the skies in my recollection and it just seems to me that that is an aspect Chroma has never been able to enjoy since conception. I remember when Chroma was first revealed people were talking about how they wanted so badly for him to have some sort of flying mechanic. I remember Quite shy talking about it (around the 2:34 mark) in her review and she brings up some good points. 

I guess I just never got over it, but in my opinion, having a third jump and an aim-glide with effigy's wings may not be super synergetic with his kit true, but it would set him apart from any other frame(without ripping of Zephyr) and be consist with his theme.

1387697960_771424915.jpg

there is literally no reason to have parkour be a part of his kit since there are already mods that improve aim glide. zephyr already has cost reduction of tailwind for being in the air. he may be dragon themed but he is not a dragon.

Edit: actually his theme is that of an Elemental Lord.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

8 hours ago, Xydeth said:

in my opinion spectral scream should have synergy with effigy. for example

"when using spectral scream whilst effegy is within X meters effigy will attack the same location/enemy chroma attacks with its own spectral scream with +XX% increased dmg."

also spectral scream needs waaay more base dmg and range to be effective. it locks the frame out of using any weapon so it must have a benefit aside from aoe. imagine running a well built ignis wraith...its like what u imagine a fiery breath to be but instead he breathes more to the ground than anything and the dmg is laughable so using it over ignis wraith is like losing 95% dmg and all the proccs vs armor for example. if it has 0 dmg then it needs some really strong synergy to actually make it worth using.

effigy needs to be either duration based and recastable or lower energy/sec cost. it is stationary aside from the augment so it shouldnt drain so much energy for being a turret.

his passive...oh why not give him +200% to aimglide and increased dmg during aimglide during which he actually uses his wings. his abilities changing with his energy color should not replace a passive whilst his kit is so mediocore. if DE think its an issue how fast eidolons die then dont blame the frames and rather make ur bossfights more challenging...

I love some of these ideas! Particularly making Effigy duration based, hell, doesn't make sense why it's not now that I think about it! 

I also thought they patched spectral scream not being a one handed ability but I guess not in that you still can't use weapons.. .Definitely gonna add that to my rework suggestion! 

I like the idea of synergy with his 1 and 4 but I wanna keep tossing ideas around. Same with damage on aimglide

1 hour ago, butka1998 said:

I dont think his abilities are useless his 4th is good for defense missions or for interception

At really low levels, yes. If you try to build around ability in higher level you'll be deleted from existence the second you drop the Effigy and lose half of your armor. This ability isn't worth using past lvl 30. 

his first is basically weaker ignis

If the ignis didn't benefit from mods or any of the many stats that weapons have that make them good.

honestly most of the frames have somewhat not very used or good first ability (frost, ember, volt, loki, excalibur,....)

Having an ability be bad because other frames have bad abilities is not good game design. On a side note Ember and Volt have decent first abilities. Volt's provides a good burst of short CC and Ember's actually does reasonable damage if you charge it up. And Loki's 1st ability draws aggro away from him, which is good for a squishy stealth frame. On another side note, I actually want DE to take another look at Excalibur as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EinheriarJudith said:

there is literally no reason to have parkour be a part of his kit since there are already mods that improve aim glide. zephyr already has cost reduction of tailwind for being in the air. he may be dragon themed but he is not a dragon.

Nah man but that's what I'm saying with my proposed changes to his 1, there would at least be some reason to have it implemented. Furthermore since stamina is long gone I feel like his mobility aspect was never touched upon again. Toxin Chroma could run for days, and once that got patched out not only was toxin less of a useful element but his mobility hasn't received anything since. And sure that might be a stretch, but again I guess I'm just salty I can't pseudo-fly 😂

• Woah 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Oni_Spartan4 said:

Nah man but that's what I'm saying with my proposed changes to his 1, there would at least be some reason to have it implemented. Furthermore since stamina is long gone I feel like his mobility aspect was never touched upon again. Toxin Chroma could run for days, and once that got patched out not only was toxin less of a useful element but his mobility hasn't received anything since. And sure that might be a stretch, but again I guess I'm just salty I can't pseudo-fly 😂

dont get me wrong im not saying your ideas are bad. i would actually like for his spectral scream to be an elemental shout which you can use to do PBAOE and be able to change element and i agree with your effigy change. effigy could also mimic his shout too.

I would like this changes very much! because at this time i only use chroma for eisolon hunt, but that's not always, because some times i prefer rhino's support abilities more. Also Rhino is immune to stagger and knockdown effects and that gives him a advantage when aiming at the eidolon synovias, and so i think Chroma should have inate stagger resistance at least too.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Oni_Spartan4 said:

Hey everybody, I know DE will likely take awhile to update Chroma to a playable state, but I figured that since his prime is right around the corner I might as well post my thoughts on fixing my most played frame. I'll try to keep the majority concise with details listed in "spoiler bubbles" for those of you wanting more in depth analysis. Without further ado let's get started!

PASSIVE: 

• Remove current restrictive passive and replace it with a triple jump (using effigy's wings).
  • On third jump, Chroma receives a substantial aim-glide boost.
  Reveal hidden contents

We can all agree that Chroma's current passive, ISN'T (or at least shouldn't be considered) A PASSIVE! It is SO restrictive, not only in a game-play sense, but more importantly it nerfs Chroma's true end-game potential: his fashion. I believe that a unique solution to this would be giving him something that makes Chroma feel much more dragon-like (via a tripple jump). Sure I've seen plenty of damage boosting passive suggestions and things that relate to elemental ward, but in my opinion, Chroma doesn't need more damage, he needs something that sets him apart, something fun. My proposed changes to Spectral Scream will play a part in making this more than just a gimmick but I'll go more into detail about that further down. 

SPECTRAL SCREAM:

• Now draws aggro in a fixed 15m range.
  • Allow's weapon use (at least melee) 
  • While aim-gliding, Spectral Scream costs half as much per second and will always reach ground level.
  • When Spectral Scream makes contact with the floor it leaves an elemental trail (similar to Nezha's firewalker) based off duration. 
  Reveal hidden contents

For awhile now, people have wanted a way for Chroma to effectively crowd manage, as he depends on enemies targeting him to gain more power, the issue is, he possesses nothing in his kit to allow him to do so. Making Spectral Scream draw aggro not only solves this, but also benefits his light support role on a team (chroma tanks damage that he benefits from and takes the pressure of more squishy teammates). Now, I believe that it should be a fixed 15m range that stacks with Guardian Derision, but that's just me. I think too much aggro draw would be overkill or OP ( but hey I can't play test so  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   ). 

Now, the reason I think Chroma's passive should include an aim-glide buff is simple: I wanna feel like a dragon when I play a dragon frame, and what better way to express that than FLYING OVER YOUR ENEMIES AND RAINING ELEMENTAL FIRE DOWN UPON THEM FROM THE HEAVENS AS THEY ATTEMPT TO RETALIATE IN VAIN AT YOUR MIGHTY AND IMPENETRABLE HIDE!!! Now, in order to achieve this I think a couple things are in order: 

1. Spectral Scream has to cost half as much per second while airborne 
  2. The fire (beam, projectile, dragon vomit?) ALWAYS has to reach the ground when aim-gliding since warframes can reach some pretty astonishing heights. In addition, there should be an elemental trail in case ya missed some baddies 

I think these changes would help make Chroma's 1 less useless, or at least more satisfying to use. As it stand currently, the ability both lacks functionality and fun, at least one of these issues would be addressed with these fixes.

ELEMENTAL WARD:

• Utilizes a "holster" mechanic (think Ivara's quiver, Vaubaun's landmines etc.) allowing user to switch between elements.
  • Everlasting Ward integrated into ability, replaces augment with: Elemental Touch: adds 60% status chance and 60% element damage according to current elemental buff.
  Reveal hidden contents

EVERY Chroma player wants a holster mechanic for elements. I cannot stress enough how much people want this to be a thing as it would improve all aspects of this frame's kit, because it number 1, removes the dumb restrictiveness of his current passive, number 2, allows Chroma to react better to situations where different elements would be more beneficial than just one of four, and number 3 WON'T RUIN MY FASHIONFRAME (i'm not gonna get over it). Now ideally, this would allow Chroma to recast Elemental ward and swap up the element at any point allowing the player to better react to certain situations at the cost of energy, but I recognize that this could seem a bit broken considering the fact that I am proposing everlasting ward is integrated into the ability. Ultimately play testing is the only way to know for sure how it might work out (at worst I think just making it so that every time Chroma switches elements he has to play tag with his teammates to reapply the buff, until then, the teammates elemental ward is on its own independent timer from when they were first tagged). 

I see no reason as to why Everlasting ward isn't standard on the ability. It forces Chroma players who want to support teammates to either play super close to each other if they want at all decent duration (since it's not recastable), or sacrifice the power of the buff by investing in range, therefore missing the point of having teammates be affected by it anyway since the buff is minuscule. inb4 bUT mUH BuiLD VariEtY!!1! There is no point in variety if what you have to sacrifice eliminates the effectiveness/objective of the ability in question. Yes Everlasting Ward is a mod and makes you consider what to work around in your build, but ultimately the augment doesn't change how the ability fundamentally works/plays, it simply makes what the ability does in the first place not as much of a hassle to achieve. Everlasting Ward is a QoL bandaid and should be replaced with something that alters how Elemental Ward functions like a proper augment.

VEX ARMOR:

• BRING THE OLD ARMOR CALCULATION BACK!!!
  Reveal hidden contents

That is all.

EFFIGY:

• While active, modifies Chroma's base sprint speed to 1.20, in addition to the 25% movement speed buff.
  • Ability becomes duration based as opposed to channeling.(credit Xydeth)
  • Elemental Ward and Vex Armor buff's now apply to effigy.
  • Will register as it's own entity while in Interception zones, allowing the pelt to capture and hold zones independent from Chroma.
  • Guided Effigy integrated into ability, replaces augment with: Guardian Effigy: aiming over a downed teammate revives them 
  Reveal hidden contents

Unpelted Chroma should be fast to make up for such a blow in his tanky-ness, adding a sprint speed modifier helps more in this regard. Perhaps the movement speed buff could be modified by power strength like Saryn's Molt (base chroma does require Saryn parts after all *wink wink*)  but either way, the more speed the better in my opinion.

I think that Chroma really shines in interception missions when built for effigy. I think that allowing Effigy to act as it's own entity when capturing zones would further increase Chroma's usefulness in these missions, and further establish his niche in the meta. This would be ESPECIALLY beneficial as Chroma is primarily considered a solo frame, it would make soloing these mission types way more bearable. 

Similar to what I discussed above in the Elemental Ward section, I believe Guided Effigy should be a standard aspect of the ability because it is primarily QoL and maintains practically the same functionality as base Effigy, just more streamlined. The replacement augment has a functionality we haven't seen in a frame before and changes the play style of the ability, making Chroma more support leaning, INCREASING build variety instead of reducing it. 

Well I think that sums it all up, hope you enjoyed my little tangent on my once favorite frame. Please comment below any ideas or feedback! I'd love to discuss the possibilities for this frame as I can see his kit could really go anywhere.

Here's to the hope that DE registers Chroma feedback post prime!

So I'm gonna break this down piece by piece, coming as a Chroma player who uses him for more than 'but muh Tridolulz'

PASSIVE: No?  Only for thematic reasons, really.  I feel like this sort of passive should've been given to either Zephyr or Nezha.  I'd instead replace his passive with something akin to Rapid Resilience, where he just shrugs off status effects quicker.  An elemental frame ought to be mostly immune to his own elements.

Spectral Scream

• Drawing aggro with how short the range of 'Elemental Screaming' is, even with mobility, isn't a good idea, at least not at that range.  What it truly needs, I feel, is a damage buff (maybe just double it's base damage?) to make it worth anything, because as of right now, it's too weak to matter in just about any firefight.
  • I'd say just melee should be allowed for weapons use.  And even that's a bit of a stretch.
  • Your aim-glide interaction is interesting.  Let's keep it.
  • As is your 'ground trail' idea, even if it's only FX (I feel like that trail should be able to proc whatever element you're currently shouting out to others.)

Elemental Ward

• There's a 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' with holster mechanics.  On the one hand, they can allow one Ability to do multiple things, but on the other hand, they're clunky and quite slow to utilize.  Unless, ofc, you invert them, tap to cast, hold to change.  But even then, I feel like freeing up Chroma's toolset might mean (very) minor nerfs to compensate for the newfound freedoms.  MAYBE.  I am in support for this sorta thing.
  • Eh.  If anything, I'd keep Everlasting Ward and instead make the augment 'Multicolored Ward', where Chroma gains his current element at 70% of it's normal effectiveness and the other elements at 10% of their normal effectiveness.  And even that's stretching it.  Either way, a free 60/60 would be a bit redundant.

Vex Armor

• Hooookay.  The problem with Vex Armor wasn't it's armor calculations, it was the damage calculations.  Which allowed people to one-short Eidolon Synovias.  Which obviously was not DE's intended design.  At all.  Fixing the math behind the damage might have broken calculations for the armor, but I'm not sure, if you could link me to whenever those got changed, I'd appreciate it.  I just didn't see this change, and would like context.

Effigy

• Actually no I don't have any complaints regarding your fixes for Effigy.  If anything, I only have a suggestion for your Mod, Pelt would revive teammates at 30/45/60% of the normal revive speed.  Or something akin to that.  I feel like the Pelt shouldn't be able to revive teammates as quickly as normal, otherwise we have an Operator problem on our hands, only twice over now, as the Pelt could revive someone while Op is reviving that same person, at little risk to Chroma himself.

If any changes are going to happen to Chroma, let's all pray Pablo will be behind it. With Nidus, Harrow, Saryn, and now Nehza, we can see he is actually one of the few devs that knows whats up. 

I don't wanna see some trash like the Ember or Vauban "reworks", especially near the prime access release date. 

Edited by Dragazer
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 2

wear, put on.

I think you're thinking of "don" then.

Though I still don't fully get what you mean by wearing all elements.
Like, there's a random chance [triggered how?] to get the effects of all 4 elements at once?

active skills take player input passive skills do not. they are passive they run in the background without any input so yes its a passive.

Really, this is like saying, I dunno, Rhino has a passive that allows Iron Skin to ignore status procs.
... no, that's part of the ability, as it only happens while that one ability is active.

If you were proposing to make it part of the base ability, that'd be a different matter,
but don't have stuff trigger off of abilities and call it a passive (looking at you, Nyx).

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

I think you're thinking of "don" then.

Though I still don't fully get what you mean by wearing all elements.
Like, there's a random chance [triggered how?] to get the effects of all 4 elements at once?

yes i mean don, and trigger chance could be taking damage. and yes to get all 4 element effects.

passives are always something you cannot use player input to interact with. it is something that is either on all the time or something that is out of your control. iron skin is an active skill because it requires player input. pressing his 2 is a guarenteed damage and status block buff.

look at embers passive being set on fire gives you energy regen. that is wether you are set on fire by the enemy are run across a fire trap it isnt a skill you press to activate to get a guarenteed buff.

Edit: and ash's passive which increases the damage and duration of slash procs. these are all effects that are on all the time including nyx's. and trigger off of something else.

Edited by EinheriarJudith
  • Woah 1

48 minutes ago, -x-5P1T.F1R3-x- said:

I would like this changes very much! because at this time i only use chroma for eisolon hunt, but that's not always, because some times i prefer rhino's support abilities more. Also Rhino is immune to stagger and knockdown effects and that gives him a advantage when aiming at the eidolon synovias, and so i think Chroma should have inate stagger resistance at least too.

when i use chroma i use him for whatever i want to do. i dont eidolon hunt but that doesnt remove chroma from all other places of play.

5 hours ago, Sintag said:

PASSIVE: No?  Only for thematic reasons, really.  I feel like this sort of passive should've been given to either Zephyr or Nezha.  I'd instead replace his passive with something akin to Rapid Resilience, where he just shrugs off status effects quicker.  An elemental frame ought to be mostly immune to his own elements.

I think a lot of people are divided on weather or not Chroma's theme is elemental or dragon. I mean, I get that he's both, but I still believe that thematically my suggested passive still fits. At least due to effigy's wings. However, I like your suggestion of elemental resistance, it definitely makes sense and would be beneficial to a tank frame, but I just can't let go (although maybe I should) of the idea that a dragon should fly 😛

Spectral Scream

• Drawing aggro with how short the range of 'Elemental Screaming' is, even with mobility, isn't a good idea, at least not at that range.  What it truly needs, I feel, is a damage buff (maybe just double it's base damage?) to make it worth anything, because as of right now, it's too weak to matter in just about any firefight.
  • I'd say just melee should be allowed for weapons use.  And even that's a bit of a stretch.
  • Your aim-glide interaction is interesting.  Let's keep it.
  • As is your 'ground trail' idea, even if it's only FX (I feel like that trail should be able to proc whatever element you're currently shouting out to others.)

Well everybody can agree that it need's a damage buff, it's absolutely too weak to use in it's current state, ESPECIALLY with vex armor nerfs. But that's why I tentatively suggest weapon use, just so it doesn't lock you into something practically useless and hey, it'd be great for condition overload (especially if you could change elements while you were screaming). Oh I suppose I should have clarified, the ground trail would be a 'carpet' of damage/status procs depending on element, exactly like you said basically.

Elemental Ward

• There's a 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' with holster mechanics.  On the one hand, they can allow one Ability to do multiple things, but on the other hand, they're clunky and quite slow to utilize.  Unless, ofc, you invert them, tap to cast, hold to change.  But even then, I feel like freeing up Chroma's toolset might mean (very) minor nerfs to compensate for the newfound freedoms.  MAYBE.  I am in support for this sorta thing.
  • Eh.  If anything, I'd keep Everlasting Ward and instead make the augment 'Multicolored Ward', where Chroma gains his current element at 70% of it's normal effectiveness and the other elements at 10% of their normal effectiveness.  And even that's stretching it.  Either way, a free 60/60 would be a bit redundant.

I realize DE's tendency to nerf things every time they buff them/ give them QoL changes like you're saying, but I really see no reason why any of the elements should be nerfed (then again, I don't have the tools to play-test hypotheticals). Again, I really think everlasting ward should be a part of the ability as I described my opinion that the augment basically just makes the current functionality of the ability more hassle free, but there-in-lies the rub as it would need a replacement augment. If you could explain your idea in a bit more detail I would like to understand what effectiveness implies. Now what if the 60/60 was affected by power strength? 

Vex Armor

• Hooookay.  The problem with Vex Armor wasn't it's armor calculations, it was the damage calculations.  Which allowed people to one-short Eidolon Synovias.  Which obviously was not DE's intended design.  At all.  Fixing the math behind the damage might have broken calculations for the armor, but I'm not sure, if you could link me to whenever those got changed, I'd appreciate it.  I just didn't see this change, and would like context.

When DE nerfed how the calculations were made it also affected how scorn was calculated. I'm not super great or familiar with the numbers, but bottom line is that both formula's (damage and tank) have been altered. Here are a couple source links: Reddit Discussing steel fiber/how new formula is calculated Discusses change around 6:50, though it's mostly complaining (for good reason imo) he does explain the formula and has video evidence of how much less tanky Chroma has becomearound 2:10 is the BEST example of his survivability nerf

Effigy

• Actually no I don't have any complaints regarding your fixes for Effigy.  If anything, I only have a suggestion for your Mod, Pelt would revive teammates at 30/45/60% of the normal revive speed.  Or something akin to that.  I feel like the Pelt shouldn't be able to revive teammates as quickly as normal, otherwise we have an Operator problem on our hands, only twice over now, as the Pelt could revive someone while Op is reviving that same person, at little risk to Chroma himself.

Yeah I like that about the revive speed, I'ma add it to the rework suggestion.

Edited by Oni_Spartan4
  • Like 1

personally, all I think he needs is a buff to his 1 & 4 , a new mechanic for Toxin Chroma (holster and reload speed is useless), and the ability to switch his element in the arsenal, instead of having to rely on his energy colour, which totally messes with fashionframe, something that is unacceptable in Warframe as it is now. he'd need a new passive, I reckon a slight increase to all elemental damage and/or proc chance would be good enough, 20% isn't unreasonable. with these changes, i reckon he'd be fine.

19 hours ago, Oni_Spartan4 said:

Hey everybody, I know DE will likely take awhile to update Chroma to a playable state, but I figured that since his prime is right around the corner I might as well post my thoughts on fixing my most played frame. I'll try to keep the majority concise with details listed in "spoiler bubbles" for those of you wanting more in depth analysis. Without further ado let's get started!

PASSIVE: 

• Remove current restrictive passive and replace it with a triple jump (using effigy's wings).
  • On third jump, Chroma receives a substantial aim-glide boost.
  Reveal hidden contents

We can all agree that Chroma's current passive, ISN'T (or at least shouldn't be considered) A PASSIVE! It is SO restrictive, not only in a game-play sense, but more importantly it nerfs Chroma's true end-game potential: his fashion. I believe that a unique solution to this would be giving him something that makes Chroma feel much more dragon-like (via a tripple jump). Sure I've seen plenty of damage boosting passive suggestions and things that relate to elemental ward, but in my opinion, Chroma doesn't need more damage, he needs something that sets him apart, something fun. My proposed changes to Spectral Scream will play a part in making this more than just a gimmick but I'll go more into detail about that further down. 

SPECTRAL SCREAM:

• Damage Buff (it's current damage is negligible).
  • Now draws aggro in a fixed 15m range.
  • Allow's weapon use (at least melee).
  • While aim-gliding, Spectral Scream costs half as much per second and will always reach ground level.
  • When Spectral Scream makes contact with the floor it leaves an elemental trail (similar to Nezha's firewalker) based off duration. Trail deals damage per/sec equivalent to Spectral Scream and possesses status chance.

I really like this passive. It would be tons of fun to use. And would make some of the Aim Glide mods useful.

I also love the idea of leaving patches of Status/Damage everywhere Spectral Scream is pointed at (even if not aim-gliding). This gives Chroma a nice denial of zone tactic that he can pull out in various scenarios. And, again, would be a blast to use. I would agree that the damage needs a massive damage and/or status boost.

Good work.

• Like 1
  • Woah 1
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, _Urakaze_ said:

actually depending on the weapon builds, rhino roar can be stronger than vex armour, since vex damage bonus is additive

point me to those builds. please. i've tried it on my every weapon on every build. vex armor always had %40-50 more damage on same power strength. 

Clearly we need to go to twitter and collectively ask Pablo, Rebecca, Steve or whomever, what's going on with Chroma and their Prime Access. They will make so much more money if they properly buff/rework him. Hell, I'll buy Prime Access for him if that's the case, but if he the same, then I'll just farm and keep it moving.

• Like 3

On 2018-08-28 at 12:43 PM, Synpai said:

Passive:

I really hate that frames with these types of mechanics are cheated out of passives, if he could change elements on the fly(see below) I'd be down with it staying

First ability:

• Consider reworking chroma's current augment into the base ability: DPS elemental breath (tap) vs AoE elemental blast (charge). 
  • Consider making duration based. and allowing him to shoot during

Second Ability:

One of Chroma's major drawbacks is the massive gaps in usefulness between his elements.

1. Tap to recast; Hold to change element (we need more roaring!)
  2. At base this ability should increase health, say 150-200% (period), adding on bonuses and different auras based on the element
  3. When recast or an element is changed, chroma roars and releases an elemental shockwave (cold slows, fire burns, etc.); it also retriggers the effect for allies (they refill health/shields)
  4. When they get to round 2 of augments: hybrid elements, at reduced effectiveness from each would be super fun

Cold buff:

Hide contents

+150% armor (stacks additively with armor mods) (basically at a bit reduced since he'd have flat health on top too; can't say exactly what's a good value without testing)
Reflect damage with a 500% increase (likely make it affected by Vex armor)
Reflected projectiles have a 25% Status chance

Electric buff:

Hide contents

+150% shield (stacks additively with shield mods)
The electric arc deals 2000% of the damage recieved +300 base damage (likely make this affected by vex armor)
25% Status chance

Toxin buff:

Hide contents

+50% reload speed
+50% holster rate
50% chance to deal 10% of an enemy max health as toxin damage (affected by vex armor)

Heat buff:

Hide contents

+150-100% health (stacks additively with health mods)
200 Heat damage /s in a fixed 5m radius (Affected by vex armor)
25% status chance

Third Ability:

No Comments other than it works pretty terribly with damage mods, kinda sucks for him to have to have specific non serration builds on weapons 😕

Fourth Ability:

Easiest fix would be to allow his pelt to follow him or targeted allies with minor duplicates of his abilities.

21 hours ago, Battle_Mage said:

I really like this passive. It would be tons of fun to use. And would make some of the Aim Glide mods useful.

I also love the idea of leaving patches of Status/Damage everywhere Spectral Scream is pointed at (even if not aim-gliding). This gives Chroma a nice denial of zone tactic that he can pull out in various scenarios. And, again, would be a blast to use. I would agree that the damage needs a massive damage and/or status boost.

Good work.

Thanks I really appreciate the support 🙂 

Just to toss idea's around, and get some hypothetical's fleshed out, what would your ideal base status chance be for his first ability? I'd like to start the process of getting a good consensus on the issue. 

Edited by Oni_Spartan4
  • Woah 1

i hope nobody is objective on my opinion but a thought i had was to swap effigys spot with spectral scream. honestly would help with leveling chroma up to have a ability to divert agro from him to the pelt for keeping the frame alive at low levels, and rework them to fit their respective roles aka a duration effect, while reworking spectral scream into fitting the roll like have his wings activate during the channeling of the ability, maybe have the maneuverability like idea for you passive in this part and maybe have the ability be effected depending if the pelt is on or not, example increased run speed without pelt and aditional jump and glide boost.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

i hope nobody is objective on my opinion but a thought i had was to swap effigys spot with spectral scream. honestly would help with leveling chroma up to have a ability to divert agro from him to the pelt for keeping the frame alive at low levels, and rework them to fit their respective roles aka a duration effect, while reworking spectral scream into fitting the roll like have his wings activate during the channeling of the ability, maybe have the maneuverability like idea for you passive in this part and maybe have the ability be effected depending if the pelt is on or not, example increased run speed without pelt and aditional jump and glide boost.

Hey that's a really interesting twist on the subject and a quite a.. (wait for it) HOT TAKE (ha, dragons)! I hadn't thought about switching the two, but you make a good point as to how the abilities function while leveling. I would definitely like the idea of spectral scream being immensely powerful as dragon fire (er I guess elemental fire?) rightfully should be, and moving it to the fourth ability slot would justify its power plus with substantial range it could end up very useful indeed! In a way, that sort of balances the opinions of people who want some sort of exalted mode on chroma, and in my opinion (as long as spectral scream is buffed accordingly) that definitely fits the bill on my end!

However my only worry is that effigy as a first ability could inadvertently make chroma squisher for low levels (however as long as vex armor armor calculations were brought back it'd be a non-ssue...), and I also worry about effigy being too nerfed as a result as well. However that also makes credit farming way easier and viable (especially if its duration based). 

Overall good suggestion! If the numbers were done right I think that's a fantastic and unique idea! Love the feedback!

Edited by Oni_Spartan4

On 2018-09-16 at 12:48 PM, EinheriarJudith said:

if dragon's aren't elemental lords idk what else is

• Like 2
  • Applause 2

2 minutes ago, Oni_Spartan4 said:

Hey that's a really interesting twist on the subject and a quite a.. (wait for it) HOT TAKE (ha, dragons)! I hadn't thought about switching the two, but you make a good point as to how the abilities function while leveling. I would definitely like the idea of spectral scream being immensely powerful as dragon fire (er I guess elemental fire?) rightfully should be, and moving it to the fourth ability slot would justify its power and with substantial range it could end up very useful indeed! In a way, that sort of balances the opinions of people who want some sort of exalted mode on chroma, and in my opinion (as long as spectral scream is buffed accordingly) that definitely fits the bill on my end!

However my only worry is that effigy as a first ability could inadvertently make chroma squisher for low levels (however as long as vex armor armor calculations were brought back it'd be a non-ssue...), and I also worry about effigy being too nerfed as a result as well. However that also makes credit farming way easier and viable (especially if its duration based). 

Overall good suggestion! If the numbers were done right I think that's a fantastic and unique idea! Love the feedback!

honestly effigy when i look at it is 1st ability with too many effects and abilities to verify the 1 slot and was moved to the 4th slot  and given a huge energy drain. while spectral scream when it was first introduced was a gutted 4th ability that was moved to the 1st slot. and we really don't need a credit boost effect on it due to it being much easier to farm credits from the index.