Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is the term "Normie" one of those silent ban words?

CRINGE-MEISTER

The chat tells you to be respectful to others. It's hard to imagine the word "normie" being used respectfully, so I would say there's a chance it might.

But hey, sometimes the only way to know how spicy the food is, is to actually taste it.

Edited by rune_me

6 hours ago, WatcherEris said:

I used it along the lines of "X is a normie weapon". Can't remember what weapon I was talking about, if that's even relevant, but that's all I said.

Well yeah, like I said, that's being disrespectful to everyone who prefers or like the weapon X. So it would make sense.

You obviously just meant it as a joke, but jokes does not give you a free pass to break the rules in chat (which clearly does say to be respectful to other players).

On 2018-09-15 at 6:04 AM, rune_me said:

The chat tells you to be respectful to others. It's hard to imagine the word "normie" being used respectfully, so I would say there's a chance it might.

But hey, sometimes the only way to know how spicy the food is, is to actually taste it.

But most everyone is a normie!

13 minutes ago, rune_me said:

Well yeah, like I said, that's being disrespectful to everyone who prefers or like the weapon X. So it would make sense.

You obviously just meant it as a joke, but jokes does not give you a free pass to break the rules in chat (which clearly does say to be respectful to other players).

No, it's not.  It's basically saying it's a weapon that's in the middle of the pack, and completely unremarkable otherwise.

Stop putting meaning where it doesn't exist, as you're being extremely disrespectful.

Edited by Almagnus1

6 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

No, it's not.  It's basically saying it's a weapon that's in the middle of the pack, and completely unremarkable otherwise.

Stop putting meaning where it doesn't exist, as you're being extremely disrespectful.

I'm not going to have an argument with you over what is and isn't being disrespectful, since it would be pointless. It's not me who banned you, nor can I unban you.

If you are banned, then whatever you did was obviously bannable in the eyes of whoever runs the chat. You thinking otherwise is neither here nor there, since you are not the one who decides who gets banned and for what. Neither am I.

If you have issues with it, take it up with support.

12 minutes ago, rune_me said:

I'm not going to have an argument with you over what is and isn't being disrespectful, since it would be pointless. It's not me who banned you, nor can I unban you.

Which is the exact point I'm making, as what you term as disrespectful clearly isn't.

1 minute ago, Almagnus1 said:

Which is the exact point I'm making, as what you term as disrespectful clearly isn't.

Sure. You win. You convinced me. It's not disrespectful.

So now that you won our "argument" here on the forums, did that help you in any way?

1 hour ago, Almagnus1 said:

'Tis a shame that all you know is sarcasm and disrespect, yet you feel the need to lecture others on whether or not a term is respectful.

Not lecturing you. I told you I had no interest in lecturing you, because it wouldn't matter any way. You are trying to pick a fight with me about something I have no say in.

If you convinced me it isn't disrespectful, you will still be banned. If I convinced you it is disrespectful, you will still be banned.

Hence, it's not relevant, because it doesn't change anything.

On 2018-09-17 at 1:14 PM, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Excuse me? 

I'm special! 👌

In a good way, or in a Ralph Wiggum kind of way? :laugh:

Anyhoo, back on topic, I think a lot of us would agree DE are way too heavy-handed when it comes to moderation...but since we can't do anything (constructive) about it, we'll just have to put up with it.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

I find funny that people can get banned on the forums and chat for saying

576E6364D09F92E98A2CDA8D7138FCF8429928BA

To casual players that like to complain instead of learning how to play.

Not to mention my favorite...

Nezha it's a 81WUOGwS97L._SX425_.jpg

I am also mad, that the word "BALLS" is censored

Considering we have to deal with these disgraceful monsters:

latest?cb=20141105011029 THE HORROR

DE please let the player base VOTE what words can and cannot be banned or censored.