Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn Guide 2018

Signs

This is not a guide for dummies, please make sure you know a little bit about what Saryn’s abilities do before reading this guide. I would advise you to read the wiki anyway because there are many things that are not apparent if you just play her.

I’m going to be using the prime’s stats for this guide. It doesn’t make the biggest difference anyway.

Saryn’s Stats

125 - 375 Health
100 - 300 Shields
300 Armor
200 - 300 Energy

Saryn has one of the best base - scaled stats of any warframe/prime. She shares the highest energy pool of all frames and has higher than average health and armor. Based on these stats she is already looking pretty nice.

Abilities

Going over abilities and uses. If you want more numbers go to the wiki. Only going to talk about some augments.

Passive - Potency

Status Effects inflicted by Saryn’s weapons and abilities last 25% longer.

This passive is not a bad passive. It encourages Saryn players to use statuses that can take advantage of this. For example, slash procs can take advantage of this very well, effectively increasing the total damage of the proc by 25%. On the other hand, blast procs are not a fan of Saryn’s passive. The extra duration that blast lingers doesn’t help the blast proc at all.

1 - Spores (things to keep in mind)

• Deals a base damage and damage increases per second based on how many enemies are infected with spores
  • Deals corrosive damage and can apply the corrosive status
  • Spreads when any of the conditions are met
    • Spores' initial target is killed by any source. Initial meaning the target that you pressed 1 on, NOT the enemies who get infected via spread.
    • Players landing the killing blow on any infected enemies.
    • Infected enemies are killed by Molt's explosion damage.
    • Saryn's weapons hitting anywhere on the infected enemies' body while Toxic Lash is active.
    • Infected enemies are killed by any source while sickened by Miasma.
  • Damage will decay at a % of current damage when no enemies are infected.
  • Recasting spores will consume 20% of the current damage and cost 50% less energy

Explanation

Spores is an amazing ability that has functionally unlimited damage scaling. It strips armor fairly quickly with a base 50% status chance that is amplified by power strength. You want to cast 1 on an enemy and then pop it to spread it to nearby enemies. This way, many enemies are taking damage while building more damage.

Keeping a good balance

Many Saryn players can’t seem to keep spore damage under control. As an example, they build up 5000 damage on spores, and just end up losing it because the damage is too high and have to build it up all over again from probably around 300> damage.

How you keep your spores at a good level is by recasting. Recasting spores consumes 20% of the current damage. Instead of reaching 5000 damage and then resetting to around 300> damage, you should instead keep your spores at a constant level around 2500 - 3000 for example*. And of course as levels scale in endless, you should let spore damage slowly scale too.

2 - Molt

• Distracts nearby enemy fire
  • Grants Saryn a temporary speed buff
  • Removes all debuffs from Saryn such as toxin or radiation
  • When destroyed, will explode dealing toxin damage and applying toxin procs. Does not go through walls
  • If recast, will destroy previous Molt and therefore exploding it

Explanation

Molt is one of those escape tools and distraction tools. If you find yourself knocked down by a bombard, use Molt’s movement speed buff to quickly get away while distracting enemies. If you find yourself in the middle of some crossfire, use Molt to distract while you retaliate. I haven’t found/theorized many other uses as of now. DPS isn’t really viable since it doesn’t go through walls and the damage diminishes over distance and doesn’t even deal that much damage compared to Miasma.

Augment

The Augment for Molt is very good. When cast, Saryn will regenerate 50 health per second for 10 seconds. This is a very good augment for Saryn’s who might need some healing. Personally I run 2x Magus Elevate, so I can just pop in and out of Operator to gain a ton of health. But those Magus Arcanes aren’t cheap. Hence why this augment is still good.

3 - Toxic Lash

• Gives all weapons extra toxin damage (doubled for melee). Can combine with other elementals on the weapon already.
  • Every hit will 100% proc toxin.
  • Every hit will 100% pop a spore even if you do not directly hit the spore.
  • Grants additional damage block.

Explanation

Toxic Lash is one of the best weapon buffs in the game. It’s ability to force proc toxin is very strong especially with the amount of armor you are striping with spores. The damage block isn’t something that is that useful but is nice to have I guess. You always want to have this buff active since it’s a damage buff so there’s no reason not to have it active. If you have trouble popping spores, this ability will help with that!

4 - Miasma

• Deals AOE viral damage with 100% status chance
  • Stuns enemies for about 3 seconds (they can only be stunned once until miasma wears off)
  • Deals 2x damage to enemies affected by spores

Explanation

Miasma is a very good ability. AOE viral procs turn out to be very effective against all factions.
Use case 1 is to use this ability for DPS. DPS Miasma works in star chart levels and ESO only if you have a buffer. Past that, it just doesn’t deal enough damage.
Use case 2 is to use this ability to spread spores. Enemies who die from spores don’t spread the spore, they just simply die. But if they’re affected by Miasma, then they will spread the spores. This is extremely useful.

Primary

• Ignis/Wraith
    • Ignis is one of the best weapons in the game and is also one of the go-to’s for Saryn. The AOE nature of this weapon combined with its impressive range for a beam weapon, lets it pop spores effectively while also having a top tier weapon.
  • Arca Plasmor
    • Arca Plasmor is a powerhouse against unarmored opponents and is also AOE. Since Saryn strips armor, the Plasmor can actually go to pretty high levels without too much trouble. Also having significant range to be able to pop spores from far away.
  • Miter (only in ESO)
    • Saryn hates nullifiers. The Miter with its augment can just permanently destroy nullie bubbles. This is a awesome thing in ESO where kills per second is more important than in survival. You don’t have to stop for a moment to think about the nullifier.

Secondary

• Synoid Gammacor
    • Synoid Gammacor is one of my favourites for Saryn because it shreds nullifiers, gives energy with the suda proc and is one of the best secondaries in the game.

Melee

Before I even list any melee weapons. YOU NEED CONDITION OVERLOAD. I can’t emphasize this enough. I’ve looked up countless guides on Saryn and no one mentions condition overload (I’ve seen someone mention Healing Return, I mean healing return is fine but with access to regenerating molt, its not that necessary.). Saryn just at base has 3 Condition Overload “conditions” we’ll call it. Her 1, corrosive, high status. Her 3, toxin, guaranteed proc. Her 4, viral, guaranteed proc. And not to mention any other statuses you can get with your weapons.

You are mostly looking for high range for your melee since condition overload will grant a ton of damage and you’d rather have more range at that point.

• Scoliac
    • I am currently using this weapon for my Saryn because I have a range riven, and range on melee is everything on Saryn.
  • Atterax
    • Atterax is one of the most popular melees and is very powerful and has huge range.
  • Dokrahm Zaw
    • Dokrahm is a heavy blade zaw that has a very good range. It can also use Tempo Royale, one of the most mobile stances in the game to get to enemies a little bit easier. Exodia Hunt is an amazing Exodia if you prefer the Tempo Royale stance which includes plenty of knock downs. Cleaving Whirlwind does contain slams too but its on the combo that you're not primarily using.

Basically any long ranged weapon..
Guandao, Cassowar, Secura Lecta, Plague Kripath, Orthos Prime, etc..

Operator

• Zenurik
    • Zenurik is usually the school that most people run and is also the best for Saryn. The Energizing Dash helps alleviate any energy troubles you would other wise have. It also offers more mobility due to giving more energy which in turn grants more void dashes.
  • Madurai
    • Madurai offers more physical and elemental damage. Use this school if your squad contains an EV Trinity.

Arcanes

Warframe

• Arcane Fury - Saryn is a frame that enjoys melee with the emphasis with her Toxic Lash. Melee weapons also easily pop spores attached to enemies. Fury grants 30/60/90/120% Melee Damage which can help you quite a bit. This will almost always be active because it is an on hit arcane and Saryn deals so many ticks.
  • Arcane Strike - Similar to Arcane Fury, Strike offers 10/20/30/40 Attack Speed. This is also an on hit arcane so it will almost always be active.
  • Arcane Energize - Energize is one of the best arcanes in the game and can help Saryn keep her energy at a good amount. I don't personally run this because I don't often run into energy troubles as Saryn.
  • Arcane Guardian - This grants 150/300/450/600 armor when hit. Saryn with her high health can take good advantage of this, making her much tankier than what she would be.
  • Arcane Grace - This grants 1/2/3/4% health per second when hit. Again, Saryn with her high health takes good advantage of this, healing her a lot in the process.

Operator

• Magus Elevate - Magus Elevate is one of the most useful Magus' in the game. When low on health, you can quickly jump in and out of operator to gain a substantial amount of health. When in a tight situation I can gain back a ton of health just by spamming 5.

Playing as Saryn

Activate Toxic Lash for extra damage and 100% chance to pop a spore. Cast Spores on an enemy and hit them with any weapon to pop and spread the Spores to nearby enemies. As Spore damage starts ramping up, cast Miasma to nuke the map and spread spores on any enemy that is affected by Miasma.

Miasma Saryn basically just spams 4...! Who knew?

Builds (Please disregard Arcanes)

General Saryn. One build has more strength and one has more duration. Augur Secrets/Message can be replaced with an augment and probably will be replaced with the Miasma augment when it comes out. I'm predicting that it will earn a slot.ETUogwd.jpg

lNjLuHg.jpg

Miasma Saryn

keEXTMn.jpg

Spores Saryn

spEBAk1.jpg

Ignis Wraith

kvLQLKa.jpg

Arca Plasmor

KAHScd8.jpg

Miter

bkl6VU6.jpg

Synoid Gammacor

k9LDkt8.jpg

Scoliac

vGulqTW.jpg

Atterax

o26kku6.jpg

Dokrahm

ascCNFq.jpg

Thoughts? Comments?

Edited by Signs

My personal favorite build for Saryn is currently.

Ignis/Wraith with Gas (I do also love Arca Plasmor for her)

Pyrana P with Viral

Tonbo with Gas (only long reach melee I have a good Riven for)

Mods for Saryn: Steel Charge, Power Drift, Fleeting Expertise, Streamline, Stretch, Augur Reach, Overextended, Augur Secrets, Umbral Intensify, Umbral Vitality,

This build makes spore maintenance/spread so increadibly easy aswell as making extremely good use out of Energizing Dash from Zenurik. I still havent seen a reason for high strength builds on Saryn. 100% guaranteed Viral status from Miasma along with reliable corrosive procs from spores (54% per spore with my current build) gives her enough of a boost in damage on their own. Hence why I've never bothered with negative efficiency builds and Blind Rage. Damage slightly above 100% works just great thanks to her massive debuffs. I also brings pinpoint CC to the table with Miasma at 50% duration.

The stats with my build are.

Armor 300, Energy 300, HP 1062, Shield 300.

Duration 50%, Efficiency 175%, Range 265%, Strength 134%.

I've ran a 100% efficiency build earlier with maxed ranged and a Fiber aswell for survivability. It was just too annoying to manage energy+Miasma to help spread spores at it's high cost, it simply synergized so horribly with Energizing Dash. And now with the build above the extra 20% mitigation fiber provided isnt really needed since everything is controlled and dying in miasma since you can spam it as needed.

Besides frames with channel skills or those that use Quick Thinking in their build I dont think I run Primed Flow on a single one. I've just gotten so spoiled with +75% efficiency and gladly give up a few other stats to fit those mods in.

Edited by SneakyErvin

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

My personal favorite build for Saryn is currently.

Ignis/Wraith with Gas (I do also love Arca Plasmor for her)

Pyrana P with Viral

Tonbo with Viral or Gas (only long reach melee I have a good Riven for)

Mods for Saryn: Steel Charge, Power Drift, Fleeting Expertise, Streamline, Stretch, Augur Reach, Overextended, Primed Continuity, Umbral Intensify, Umbral Vitality,

This build makes spore maintenance/spread so increadibly easy aswell as making extremely good use out of Energizing Dash from Zenurik. I still havent seen a reason for high strength builds on Saryn. 100% guaranteed Viral status from Miasma along with reliable corrosive procs from spores (54% per spore with my current build) gives her enough of a boost in damage on their own. Hence why I've never bothered with negative efficiency builds and Blind Rage. Damage slightly above 100% works just great thanks to her massive debuffs.

The stats with my build are.

Armor 300, Energy 300, HP 1062, Shield 300.

Duration 105%, Efficiency 175%, Range 265%, Strength 110%.

I've ran a 100% efficiency build earlier with maxed ranged, a bit more strength and a Fiber aswell for survivability. It was just too annoying to manage energy+Miasma to help spread spores at it's high cost, it simply synergized so horribly with Energizing Dash. And now with the build above the extra 20% mitigation fiber provided isnt really needed since everything is controlled and dying in miasma since you can spam it as needed.

Besides frames with channel skills or those that use Quick Thinking in their build I dont think I run Primed Flow on a single one. I've just gotten so spoiled with +75% efficiency and gladly give up a few other stats to fit those mods in.

Your Build —

There is not much reason to run max efficiency on general Saryn because she doesn't cast often enough. Toxic Lash, Spore and then Miasma is not cast often enough to justify the loss in strength and range. Also, Hunter Adrenaline alleviates all energy problems Saryn would have. Take that with a grain of salt.

Weapons —

There's not much reason to use viral on Saryn because she has a built in viral proc. I'd much rather have a cround control element such as blast or cold rather than viral.

Tonbo -

Tonbo is one of the lower reach polearms in Warframe. Even with my 217% range riven + Primed Reach, it's around the reach of a Orthos Prime with a just Primed Reach. I would recommend a Kripath Zaw or Cassowar if you prefer a polearm as their range potential is longer. And Scoliac, of course, has the highest reach of any melee at the moment.

8 hours ago, Signs said:

Your Build —

There is not much reason to run max efficiency on general Saryn because she doesn't cast often enough. Toxic Lash, Spore and then Miasma is not cast often enough to justify the loss in strength and range. Also, Hunter Adrenaline alleviates all energy problems Saryn would have. Take that with a grain of salt.

Weapons —

There's not much reason to use viral on Saryn because she has a built in viral proc. I'd much rather have a cround control element such as blast or cold rather than viral.

Tonbo -

Tonbo is one of the lower reach polearms in Warframe. Even with my 217% range riven + Primed Reach, it's around the reach of a Orthos Prime with a just Primed Reach. I would recommend a Kripath Zaw or Cassowar if you prefer a polearm as their range potential is longer. And Scoliac, of course, has the highest reach of any melee at the moment.

I posted the wrong build up top. The one I use is a 50% duration maxed efficiency build. That is what you get for post very late at night/early in the morning hours.

The build I use is Steel Charge, Power Drift, Feeling Expertise, Streamline, Stretch, Augur Reach, Overextended, Augur Secrets, Umbral Int, Umbral Vit.

It is pretty much based around being able to spam miasma for both the CC and the damage portion, hence why it sits at 50% duration and +75% efficency. It means your DoT from Miasma falls of just before your stun (which seems to be effected by your passive actually) does, letting you reapply it again directly. This lets you effectivly stunlock full maps high up in the levels while letting spores deal their damage. It also work well on lowbie maps to just wipe everything out. And even with negative duration your Viral debuff last the full duration since it is a status and not tied to the ability as such. You lose no damage on miasma either because you keep it up 24/7 with recasts where it is needed.

For this build I use pure Gas weapons, except for my Pyrana (unreliable status chance) which still uses Viral for times when I wanna just blast faces. I rarely use it though over my Ignis Wraith.

As for the tonbo, I'd like a better weapon, but it is the only one I have with a good riven and with that riven it outclasses my other weapon. I'm not looking for massive reach, just good reach. I have a Plague Kripath waiting for the time that my riven for it will roll some good stats. At that point I will start using it.

Going to edit my post above with the correct build. I do use that other one at times, but only on lowbie missions where I want the 100% duration on the miasma ticks and if i can be bothered to switch.

On 2018-09-16 at 6:19 AM, SneakyErvin said:

I posted the wrong build up top. The one I use is a 50% duration maxed efficiency build. That is what you get for post very late at night/early in the morning hours.

The build I use is Steel Charge, Power Drift, Feeling Expertise, Streamline, Stretch, Augur Reach, Overextended, Augur Secrets, Umbral Int, Umbral Vit.

It is pretty much based around being able to spam miasma for both the CC and the damage portion, hence why it sits at 50% duration and +75% efficency. It means your DoT from Miasma falls of just before your stun (which seems to be effected by your passive actually) does, letting you reapply it again directly. This lets you effectivly stunlock full maps high up in the levels while letting spores deal their damage. It also work well on lowbie maps to just wipe everything out. And even with negative duration your Viral debuff last the full duration since it is a status and not tied to the ability as such. You lose no damage on miasma either because you keep it up 24/7 with recasts where it is needed.

For this build I use pure Gas weapons, except for my Pyrana (unreliable status chance) which still uses Viral for times when I wanna just blast faces. I rarely use it though over my Ignis Wraith.

As for the tonbo, I'd like a better weapon, but it is the only one I have with a good riven and with that riven it outclasses my other weapon. I'm not looking for massive reach, just good reach. I have a Plague Kripath waiting for the time that my riven for it will roll some good stats. At that point I will start using it.

Going to edit my post above with the correct build. I do use that other one at times, but only on lowbie missions where I want the 100% duration on the miasma ticks and if i can be bothered to switch.

I can see why you might want to build for 50% duration rather than 100+.

Downsides of your build

• Micro Managing your toxic lash to keep it up 24/7
  • Less total damage from Miasma
  • Faster decay rate of spores
  • Lower strength 134 vs 150
  • Lower range 265 vs 280
  • Lower duration 50 vs 97

Upsides of your build

• Higher efficiency 175 vs 100
  • Can stun lock with Miasma? Which is casting every 3 seconds which is honestly not that necessary. 

Edit: Made a new build under general Saryn with less duration for the purpose that you stated. I tested that 73% duration is just fine for perma stun and to not lose too much duration for toxic lash.

Edited by Signs

On 2018-09-15 at 7:21 AM, Signs said:

(I’ve seen someone mention Healing Return lol wut?).

Healing return isn't good on a frame with guaranteed status procs? It's not like you're struggling for damage and can't free up the slot.  I mean, an unranked lifestrike with enduring affliction is good too (turns everything you status proc into a healbot since you heal with every tick of Slash or Toxin and Enduring Affliction makes them last forever) but if you're not channeling then Healing Return is awesome. Now Primed Pressure Point...that you can drop if you have it, it's just for rookies and people looking for alpha strikes.

(Yes, you can also use other healing methods, but my favorite is 'not stopping the happy slaughter times')

Also:  Add Exodia Hunt to your zaw, especially if using Tempo Royale.  It's a great way to make friends and influence them to death.

Also Also: Staves with Clashing Forest have more mobility that scales with attack speed than anything other than Final Harbinger and a lot more range.  If you want to maximize your love-taps per minute, you can't go wrong with a good staff zaw maxed on speed. Only real advantage Tempo Royale has is the momentum, but I'll take 'getting in the next face to hit it sooner' any day of the week.

Source: Murdering mobs to the face is my therapy.

26 minutes ago, FreeWilliam said:

Healing return isn't good on a frame with guaranteed status procs? It's not like you're struggling for damage and can't free up the slot.  I mean, an unranked lifestrike with enduring affliction is good too (turns everything you status proc into a healbot since you heal with every tick of Slash or Toxin and Enduring Affliction makes them last forever) but if you're not channeling then Healing Return is awesome. Now Primed Pressure Point...that you can drop if you have it, it's just for rookies and people looking for alpha strikes.

(Yes, you can also use other healing methods, but my favorite is 'not stopping the happy slaughter times')

I'd take Condition Overload over Healing Return. Regenerative Molt, Medi-Ray, 2 set Magus Elevate and Arcane Grace is more than enough for me.

Also:  Add Exodia Hunt to your zaw, especially if using Tempo Royale.  It's a great way to make friends and influence them to death.

I still have to make my Exodia Hunt set and like I said, just ignore the Arcanes. But yes I should include that.

Also Also: Staves with Clashing Forest have more mobility that scales with attack speed than anything other than Final Harbinger and a lot more range.  If you want to maximize your love-taps per minute, you can't go wrong with a good staff zaw maxed on speed. Only real advantage Tempo Royale has is the momentum, but I'll take 'getting in the next face to hit it sooner' any day of the week.

Thanks for reminding me about the mobility of the Clashing Forest stance. And yea like you said, it lacks momentum and lacks range. I haven't used a staff in a while.

Edited by Signs

3 minutes ago, Signs said:

I'd take Condition Overload over Healing Return. Regenerative Molt, Medi-Ray, 2 set Magus Elevate and Arcane Grace is more than enough for me.

Oh yeah, just pointing out it's a preference rather than something scoffable. 🙂 It's all in what slots you want to free up, I find that once you've nailed melee that's the easiest place to free up a slot or two to play with.

3 minutes ago, Signs said:

Thanks for reminding me about the mobility of the Clashing Forest stance. And yea like you said, it lacks momentum and lacks range. I haven't used a staff in a while.

S&S doesn't have much for range...I just mentioned Final Harbinger because it's also crazy mobile.  Staves I think are just fine for range in actual in-game scenarios and a LOT more satisfying than windmilling with a polearm or Spin2Win.    I'm more likely to leave one equipped when I switch to Saryn than I am to switch to a Lecta or a Jat Kusar, especially now that we can't hit through walls. 

Give it a shot, you might have fun!  Only caveat is if you're not an Atlas you might eventually want to throw Handspring into your build, but the same is true of all ze whips. 

2 hours ago, FreeWilliam said:

Now Primed Pressure Point...that you can drop if you have it, it's just for rookies and people looking for alpha strikes.

Why would you drop Primed Pressure Point? Condition Overload multiplies total damage not base so it multiplies Primed Pressure Point. I can see why you might want to remove Primed Pressure Point if Condition Overload was base damage because of diminishing return.

5 minutes ago, DNSchnitzel said:

I usually run Spore Saryn Prime at ~106% power str, wouldn't having the str go way above 100% result in killing the target before the spores can spread?

Like I said in the spores section of my guide, recast to keep your spores under control. There's no way a base spore with 150% str will kill the target before it spreads. That only deals 15 x 3 = 45 damage per second.

I would say it’s one of the easiest frames to play in the game... not much to talk about. Max range throw in a little ability power and then just tank up the frame with the rest of your mod slots. Also the healing augment for your skin isn’t bad.

with a 130%PS and 285% range you can go way beyond sortie. All you need to do is combine your 1 then a hit from your 3 and relax untill you hear a pop.

I'm not gonna bother quoting. Saryn is a easy Warframe to pick up and seems very easy. Oh, just press 1 pop and press 4 and you're good.

By doing that, it can technically work. But Saryn in a frame that needs a lot of work to actually play to the full potential. I predict many players reading this article don't know how to manage spores and effectively. And that is the most important part of Saryn.

Saryn is a simple frame to pick up, and a difficult frame to master.

Edited by Signs

15 hours ago, Signs said:

I can see why you might want to build for 50% duration rather than 100+.

Downsides of your build

• Micro Managing your toxic lash to keep it up 24/7
  • Less total damage from Miasma
  • Faster decay rate of spores
  • Lower strength 134 vs 150
  • Lower range 265 vs 280
  • Lower duration 50 vs 97

Upsides of your build

• Higher efficiency 175 vs 100
  • Can stun lock with Miasma? Which is casting every 3 seconds which is honestly not that necessary. 

Edit: Made a new build under general Saryn with less duration for the purpose that you stated. I tested that 73% duration is just fine for perma stun and to not lose too much duration for toxic lash.

Lash isnt a big issue for me to keep up. It sits at 23 sec and I tend just hit the button from time to time (it is just so cheap), it is also 1 handed so doesnt interrupt other things if I've forgotten the upkeep. Damage on miasma is slightly lower same with the slightly shorter range. It still wipes the maps you need it to wipe in a single cast. Decay rate is also one of those things that doesnt really matter, it only becomes an issue if you happen to lose the spread, which is most common on defense in between waves. No matter if you are at 100 or 50% duration, the spored will hit zero during that respawn window. The decay difference is small, 10% at 100% and 12% at 50%. 

I agree stunlocking may not be necessary, but it is a very nice tool to have when it is needed. Mostly I tend to simply use miasma for the viral proc then let weapons and spores kill the enemy as needed. The high efficiency simply means you can always keep the miasma DoT incase you plan on just spamming miasma+spores. You just cast it every 3 instead of every 6 seconds.

It is just a slightly altered Miasma build with a bit less range and duration aswell as minor differences in power strength, the trade off is more health.

19 hours ago, Signs said:

Why would you drop Primed Pressure Point? Condition Overload multiplies total damage not base so it multiplies Primed Pressure Point. I can see why you might want to remove Primed Pressure Point if Condition Overload was base damage because of diminishing return.

You half-answered it yourself.  It's just not that important in the grand scheme of things and you never run out of hits with melee.  It's useful if you're not actually doing much stance melee and want to set up a weapon for a big alpha strike but that's about it.  

Additionally, you don't always WANT to one-shot everything.  Now that I melee a lot I actually tend to keep my damage down so all the statuses can spread.  They're all going to die anyway, right?