Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make items tradable only 1 time

(PSN)ghinellil

After all this time the market is a little mess. There are too much resellers, scammers, who want buy at low prices for resell and make a profit.

Usually they target new players ... "buy 5 primes for 5 plats". That is the usual method. If items were tradable only one time, resellers will disappear forever. Even for rivens, in this moment the market is over saturated....

Just now, (PS4)ghinellil said:

Without greedy people prices will be more fair 🙄

No, they would not. With items being tradeable only once, exclusivity comes into play. The fact that it can't be traded again would make people charge more for the privilege of you getting to buy it from them. 
As it stands it is a free market as it should be, if you don't like the price someone gives you, find someone else to buy from.

Nonononono .... no. If i buy a Riven and stop using that weapon because i find something i like more i should be stuck with something i paid hundreds if not thousands of platinum for? Sorry bud but I'm tying an anchor to this one ... and imma watch it sink too.

Edited by Errodin

14 minutes ago, (PS4)ghinellil said:

After all this time the market is a little mess. There are too much resellers, scammers, who want buy at low prices for resell and make a profit.

Usually they target new players ... "buy 5 primes for 5 plats". That is the usual method. If items were tradable only one time, resellers will disappear forever. Even for rivens, in this moment the market is over saturated....

the reason why there is so many resellers is avg price of sale of stuff is so low. 120 for frames that is not vaulted yet. yes that is over price unless all parts are rare.

if we all pay somewhat high 75 to 100 for all frame sets, weapons 50 to 80, mods i can understand prices everywhere. but still. if we can easily make plat that we can get slots and such. its do this repaid selling of low balls for quick sales that have been more harm. making it so to get real plat. you must fram vaulted parts in mass then sell in mass ordered to get reasonable plat amount (500 to 1,000 in one week)

By making items only trade-able once, you would effectively be reducing the supply of items by a drastic amount. Since all trading is done on a one to one basis, not everyone can be in the same place to trade at the same time.

A barter market with limits on the number of items to trade in the first place already limits trades and increases prices. But to limit the number of times an item can be transferred will only do this to an exorbitant degree. The supply is limited so the prices must increase as everyone is now willing to pay more in order to get something that they can no longer get as easily.

Not to consider the occasions of buyer's remorse, if you purchase something and decide you don't want it and someone else does, too bad... you can't give it to them.

Please, try to address the issues that your idea would create rather than simply rail about some personally subjective ideal of fairness that not everyone else shares.

16 minutes ago, Errodin said:

Nonononono .... no. If i buy a Riven and stop using that weapon because i find something i like more i should be stuck with something i paid hundreds if not thousands of platinum for? Sorry bud but I'm tying an anchor to this one ... and imma watch it sink too.

You can get a riven every day from sortie. Just delete the unwanted...

not reasonable, not logical, and not a good idea at all
first, making rivens and prime stuff to be trad able only once it's not just not gonna fix anything but of course it will make prices go higher something like x2 or x4 maybe even x10
and why ? well rivens are completely on RNG, and you never know when a weapon may get a better version, like becoming prime, so making them not be trade able more than once not just will ruin their prices but of course it will make a nightmare for buyer and seller, more for buyer tbh, and there is people who want to just sell or throw away their rivens trash or unroll so people buying them and with luck getting good roll or bad luck and after spending tons of hour farming getting a a average or good roll and then good job man but you have to stick with it and you can't sell it, just a waste of time, so like this we will lose riven makers, and many other problem for rivens
and prime, well first of all warframe market system is a free market, people who didn't get sued to it/learned it yet better to do, no one here force anyone to sell or buy anything with their price, anyone have their own price, someone want to sell fast someone want to get more plat someone have no idea what they do someone don't give a darn, it's like that, and i mean come on man don't think we have such idiot people who would sell 5 prime part for 5 plat, and if there be such people come on man everyone knows you mostly get junk and those offers and request mostly are for ducts, so that for that part, and about resellers, yeah we have people buying stuff and sell them later with a higher or more logical price, i mean like 30-40 or 50 plat for a prime warframe set *** seriously *** and if anyone selling anything buy that price hell yeah buy it man and resell it why not it's just  offend to prime stuff from the begin, and another part of this, someone people farming parts and don't like to sell parts, and they missing one or two part, rare or common or uncommon so they buying it and make their set for set sell, i seriously can write a book about how much your request is bad.

Just now, (PS4)ghinellil said:

You can get a riven every day from sortie. Just delete the unwanted...

You have a chance to get a random one. That does not account for the one you no longer care for, and under your proposed system can not sell.

50 minutes ago, (PS4)ghinellil said:

Doing this would not make greedy people go away they would start charging the resale price for initial sale it wouldnt do anything but make it less likly for a new player to get one after all any new player can get a low poor roll riven for couple play then get friends help farm kuva to roll it till good stats its better way things are

1 minute ago, LuckyCharm said:

With this proposal if say..  I bought a nova p chassis, i wouldnt be able to sell the completed set since the chassis had already been traded once.  Thats a no from me dude,  plenty of people buy parts to complete sets to try sell. 

The final buyer can buy the single parts, instead to buy a set from a reseller.  I'm sure the reseller have a profit, and the final buyer (usually a new player) have to pay more then single parts together.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)ghinellil said:

The final buyer can buy the single parts, instead to buy a set from a reseller.  I'm sure the reseller have a profit, and the final buyer (usually a new player) have to pay more then single parts together.

then the price for individual parts will go from 15-30 like usually are now to 2-300 for just the parts not even complete set.  Im sorry but no this would kill the economy and could hurt the game entirely because a lot less people be buying things especially prime stuff.  there for less plat bought and so DE could potentially have to downsize or even consider desinging another game and shutting this down as stopped generating enough income to pay  bills and salaries

Edited by (PS4)Cargan2016

43 minutes ago, (PS4)ghinellil said:

Very naive ☺️

Not so much. Cheap prime "junk" is usually used for ducats. if I happen to get something I can resell, cool. This does not happen often. The things people sell that cheaply are the most common thing.

2 hours ago, (PS4)ghinellil said:

Very naive ☺️

And you're very mistaken.

After all there are people who'll sell 5 common prime parts for 5P and people who will buy those common prime parts so that they can get 75 ducats without spending much time or effort.
its a very common practices.

Junk prime part sales are everywhere and are largely for getting some ducats quickly if you forgot or don't have time to farm for Baro.

Further:
Your idea would pretty much kill the entire warframe market...and what would be the benefits?
No resellers?  Meaning that supply goes way down and prices go way up?
how does that benefit anyone aside from the, as you put it, "greedy" sellers?

4 hours ago, (PS4)ghinellil said:

Fair is whatever people are willing to pay. We're not dealing with basic necessities here, these are luxury items in a videogame. 

Edited by JuicyPop

6 hours ago, (PS4)ghinellil said:

prices already are fair, you just have to look out for the deals from the people who aren't listing over priced. 

I always under cut a fair bit on warframe market and on trade chat I've got two baza rivens, one for 100p and yesterday a unrolled baza with multishot for 25. The bad part of trade chat is the rivens, prime parts and mods are all lumped in the same chat and its something like 90% riven spam. I mean actual spam of people posting the same message every 120 seconds.

5 hours ago, (PS4)ghinellil said:

Very naive ☺️

you only get up to 25 trades per 24 hours. buying "prime junk" and then reselling it for only maybe 10p profit if that isn't going to make a lot of plat vs selling vaulted sets and what not. 

Meanwhile I sold 70 radium sentrium for 4p each that only took about a hour to mine if that. I know which method I perfer. 

7 hours ago, (PS4)ghinellil said:

Very naive ☺️

Check out what happens over the coming week and see. The price for the junk tends to creep closer to 2p/prime the closer Baro gets. Especially if he's bringing something good. It's not a bad way for newer players to start trading. Especially if they have a bunch of common duplicate stuff most people aren't interested in buying. 

I think that I only saw one dude trying to get away with something a bit shady in buying prime junk. And I only saw it the one time.