Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make items tradable only 1 time

(PSN)ghinellil

I've played some games where this was the case. There, everyone is just getting rid of what they can't find use of.

People who enjoy trading (a necessary evil, imho) show you how valuable something is. They are the ones who are willing to buy your trash for cheap and they show you how much profit you're able to make if you sell an item "properly". Getting scammed in-game happened to me a couple of times, too. But I appreciate the experience and have learned to treat similar situations in real life with more caution, too.

Edit: time is money. People can sell stuff for some instant plat or they can waste their time not being a ninja and earn plat (along with dopamine) that way.

On a side note: funny how most con-arguments regarding the economy in this topic are fitting to be turned into pro-arguments for implementing a less personal trade system.

And than there are the "just no", opposing ideas without an argument, which appear everywhere.

Edited by Uthael

2 hours ago, (PS4)ghinellil said:

Maybe your game. Like the others comments, are just opinions.

I like to see how people are afraid to lost their free spare of plats 😃 

No, they're explaining, it would drive prices through the roof. You think that is a good thing, but it really isn't. The game economy is one of supply and demand, your suggestion would destroy one of those and set the economy into a complete tailspin. 

The worst part, the common items most people would be selling as prime junk? Yeah there'd still be an overabundance of those, so they would not benefit as much as you think. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

No, they're explaining, it would drive prices through the roof. You think that is a good thing, but it really isn't. The game economy is one of supply and demand, your suggestion would destroy one of those and set the economy into a complete tailspin. 

The worst part, the common items most people would be selling as prime junk? Yeah there'd still be an overabundance of those, so they would not benefit as much as you think. 

People explained their point of view, their opinion. Not mean it is the truth. Many have commented to defend their interest here. 😉

Right now we have much more sellers then buyers. Cut out the resellers is an obvious move to me. Prices will stay the same; we have filters now, and who play for a bit of time have too much parts and relics and mods. But will be more difficult to take advantage of new players.

Why do you think sellers are taking advantage of new players? You say that a lot, but here is the thing.... players have to be Mastery  Rank 2 to trade, right? They have time to learn about things before jumping into it. Also the free plat you get with an account is untraceable, so the water would need to acquire plat via one of two methods. Purchase it, or trade for it. 

Many of the people selling prime junk, that I have seen are these newer players trying to save for something they want, not scammers as you keep implying. 

Other things that sell for more, rivens for example, are traded by higher level players, since the primary way of getting them is the Sortie. The prices on rivens can get really high, to the point where no one I know would buy "god tier" ones, due to them costing hundreds of dollars in plat. The thing is, people buy them. The market exists because of the few people who spend tons of money so they can buy what they want when they want. The industry term for these people is "Whales".  

In a free market, with out the trade restrictions you propose,  prices fluctuate due to supply and demand, and a host of other factors, making most items cost about what the community at large is willing to pay for them. There are outliers of course, like "got tier" rivens, and Primed chamber, but they do not represent the market as a whole 

If DE were to implement your idea, the prices of normal items would rise dramatically because now there is forced scarcity.  When you force the amount of a thing in a market down, the price inevitably rises, because now the supply is smaller. It is quite a simple concept, that if you understand economics you should know already.

2 hours ago, Xirka said:

Why do you think sellers are taking advantage of new players?

Who give away a valuable item for 1 plat, in the usual "buy prime junk"? Who buy a set for 250pl when the single parts together can be acquired for 100 pl? Isn't this already obvious?

22 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Dude, you are literally inventing conspiracy theories and attributing sinister motives to anyone who disagrees with you on this. That's not very smart of you.

You can think is my imagination, is not a problem 😊  I have spent some time in the game, i know how people act, and what happen.

Anyway i don't know what the fuss about my feedback... If you think is so absurd, the DE will never consider this. End of story.

Edited by (PS4)ghinellil

Warframe economy is not really that "kind of economy" if you look at the cash flow objectively...it's a fake economy. 

There is a rift between hard grinders and whales, but both are under statistically controlled artificial scarcity. 

Players are encouraged to collect everything so most items on trade chat are duplicates and traded only once anyway(unless resellers yank items from each other back and forth), over time players will eventually learn that the act of "buying" on trade chat is "disadvantageous" no matter how fair it sounds. 

It all comes down to the fact that Warframe is a "fill in the blank"/"pay not to play" game. 

On the matter of one time trading, while it specifically targets resellers, it will also make muling and gifting harder. Even so, noobs will get scammed regardless. 

If you want to fix the issue of noobs getting scammed, locking trade chat behind MR20 might be a better solution lol. 

Edited by Volinus7

1 hour ago, (PS4)ghinellil said:

Who give away a valuable item for 1 plat, in the usual "buy prime junk"? Who buy a set for 250pl when the single parts together can be acquired for 100 pl? Isn't this already obvious?

Meh, I give away stuff for free sometimes. Last time was a couple of syndicate mods to a lower MR player in a Nekros who obviously didn't have them yet. I asked if they wanted them, they seemed to be pretty happy with the trade, I told them to pay it forwards by helping out a newbie some time and they promised me that they would. The same thing happened to me when I had just gotten my Ash built and levelled. Dude gave me a ridiculously low price, and gave me a maxed out set of augments for them and told me that he hoped I would enjoy them as much as he did. I'm telling you this because it's also how people act. 

And I don't have an issue with selling prime junk for around 2plat each, because I will be selling stuff that doesn't sell for much in the first place, and I have better things to do with my time, so some quick plat is better than none (I'm not doing it because converting them to the ducats will probably continue to be a better deal for me for quite some time). I don't have any qualms about buying prime junk for similar prices if Baro has stuff I want and I'm not able to get enough ducats together in time. That doesn't mean that I will sit around with those items and try to resell them to get a couple of plat worth of profit.

As an example, check out the prices for Braton Prime sets. There's very little chance of a reseller turning a profit off of that if I sell the 4 parts for more than a plat each. 

Regarding the higher prices some people initially request, that's common in traditional markets around the world, they often expect you to haggle, and try to get them down. I don't play that game. Not in real life, not in Warframe. If  I'm selling and I give you a price, I am not going to drop it unless you are already buying in bulk, and if I'm buying and you give me a price that's significantly above what I consider fair, I just walk away. 

Most of the people responding to your thread have also spent some time in the game, and other games too, and they are also telling you the same things about how the game economies work. Saying that we're "only doing it to protect our interests" isn't sensible. Claiming that people trying to buy prime junk cheaply are scammers, is jus wrong. 

We're all trying to explain to you why what you are saying isn't making sense.  Why it's a bad idea. Please stop accusing folks of try to scam others. 

14 hours ago, (PS4)ghinellil said:

Maybe your game. Like the others comments, are just opinions.

I like to see how people are afraid to lost their free spare of plats 😃 

Warframe economy is based off if a free market. Trade would be almost exclusive to the rich.

Only rich players and hardcore grinders would play warframe... Everyone else would eventually quit. Sooner rather than later.

Warframe would die.

just putting another nail in this coffin because the above doesn't need to be repeated again. Under your proposed idea, how would I continue to buy/gift parts for players who I'm helping? Your idea has too many repercussions to list, your better off trying to push in a fixed buy price scheme then this. 

just an opinion though that u could be to naive to see 😉 

2 hours ago, (PS4)ghinellil said:

Again, just your opinion 😉

It's time for you to stop and stop thinking about why so many people are telling you the same thing. At some point you will have to face the possibility that we're not saying it because we are all trying to scam you. 

Your suggestion would be a bad thing to have. 

People buying and selling junk primes aren't actually trying to rip you off. 

Resellers looking for a specific item won't offer you one or two plat for your items. 

You can research the prices of the items you want to sell so you don't get ripped off. 

Edited by (PS4)guzmantt1977

"Scammers" or more like profiteering traders are not a big problem. What they do is offer an easier way for you to get quick platinum, even if it's a bit less. I once fell for a real scammer trying to sell me a max ranked serration that wasn't max ranked. Lost 10p, no big deal, life goes on and I'm wiser now. The guy even had the gall to friend me, quickly removed him after I realized what he had done.

Buying unveiled and good weapon rivens cheap is borderline scamming, more on the side of abusing the less knowledgeable players. That why when selling anything remotely potentially valuable you might wanna do a price check first. Applies to real life too and to other games, common sense really.

If you don't have the common sense do to that, it might take one or two mistakes for most of you to get it. Warframe shouldn't cater for a lack of common sense.

This is probably just a player who can’t sell his “junk” for a lot of plat... or he sold some stuff he thought was junk, then saw someone resell it for a lot more plat and he got jealous...

You should look up economics “supply and demand”. I’ll summarize it, as the supply for an item drops, the price of that item will increase. If the supply of an item increases, it’s price will decrease. There’s a sweet spot for both those circumstances, and that’s the demand. If no one wants “junk” it won’t matter if there’s a lot or not, the demand is so low, you’re not going to find a buyer. Conversely, if the demand is so high that even a surplus can’t keep up, the prices will also rise even if the item is “common”. 

So, by making items tradable once, you are manually decreasing the supply, which if you recall from above, will most likely, drive the price up. Congratulations kid, you played yourself. 

On 2018-09-15 at 11:31 AM, (PS4)ghinellil said:

After all this time the market is a little mess. There are too much resellers, scammers, who want buy at low prices for resell and make a profit.

Usually they target new players ... "buy 5 primes for 5 plats". That is the usual method. If items were tradable only one time, resellers will disappear forever. Even for rivens, in this moment the market is over saturated....

Hmm, I wonder why some players suggested an auction house in the past without bidding...it would help fix the problem, too. Most players already use third-party softwares such as discord and even websites to trade more efficiently and fairly, anyways. Kinda sad...

It's called bartering and merchanting for a reason and for some other reason, the player base still wants to keep this old obsolete trading system. Many games have "auction houses" with many limited actions (like you cannot bid, can only post sell a certain amount of items, can only have it up for sale for a duration of time, etc.) in order to avoid conflicts that the players can abuse the system. It worked in these other games, why not Warframe? It's not like Warframe is pay-to-win...so I honestly see no problem.

But yeah, in the meantime, get used to merchanting, it's a huge part of the economy of Warframe...

However, maybe DE cannot handle the bugs of a system similar to that of an auction house.

I honestly think the majority of the warframe player base is just afraid of the unknown and drastic changes...and fear doesn't provide much growth in any community.

We literally have bots and/or macroers spamming trade chat...right now!

Edited by CrystalSpark

On 2018-09-15 at 10:31 PM, (PS4)ghinellil said:

After all this time the market is a little mess. There are too much resellers, scammers, who want buy at low prices for resell and make a profit.

Usually they target new players ... "buy 5 primes for 5 plats". That is the usual method. If items were tradable only one time, resellers will disappear forever. Even for rivens, in this moment the market is over saturated....

instead of making the item only tradeable once, i would much prefer that each item have it own "trade cooldown" timer, like making an item after the first trade would have 1 day, max to 2 week of a period it temporary can not be trade. beside your daily trade cap

The point would be making the practice of reselling so inconvenient that practically, trying to do so are not worth the effort for just a few extra plat, not crash the whole economy all together like many others point out (generally, cuz my example up there might also causing problem and become obsolete pretty quick )