Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When Is Rhino Umbra Coming?

KlipKlip

I am really looking forward to Rhino Umbra after seeing the changes and the new Umbral mods they have brought to the game, since Rhino seems to be falling behind lately and being marked off as some buff frame who should only be useful for the time or as some mid tier CC frame and not even a tank anymore, I believe they should give Rhino Umbra some justice story wise and as the first tank wise. He was one of the first 4 frames after all. After hearing about the Rhino Prime codex entry and reading it, it got me really excited for Rhino Umbra!

20 minutes ago, KlipKlip said:

After hearing about the Rhino Prime codex entry and reading it, it got me really excited for Rhino Umbra!

And what doesn't the Rhino Prime Entry have to do with Umbra?

It talks about some infested beast going on a rampage. But every Warframe has infestation inside of their armor.
So why are people always talking about that entry?

they did say at one point there would probably be more umbra frames.  but did not make any guarantee that there would be anytime soon.  and if they do what frames there would be.  If it does happen (given dont have a definite yet will happen be that i seen)  most likely be Loki Mag and Volt as they are or have been starter frame options I dont remember when Loki stopped being a starter frame but myself and my brother had him as starter frame years ago and my wife didnt have choice for him not that mattered as wouldnt of suited her anyway

7 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

And what doesn't the Rhino Prime Entry have to do with Umbra?

It talks about some infested beast going on a rampage. But every Warframe has infestation inside of their armor.
So why are people always talking about that entry?

Context. The beast is clearly a rhino warframe from its description, but it is feral and doesn’t connect to transference until near the very end of the excerpt. Thus it was operating alone. Whether it is actually umbra is speculation though.

33 minutes ago, KlipKlip said:

. He was one of the first 4 frames after all.

Spoiler

actually based on sacrifice quest i dont think he was one of first .  warframe at all.  after all in one of the logs he did call the first infested frames of war and basically said they proved to be uncontrolable.  So we dont know how many where before they started using the tenno to control and manipulate them given how rampant the wild infestation is i would suspect alot of warframes where basically unmanned drones originally 

2 hours ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Context. The beast is clearly a rhino warframe from its description, but it is feral and doesn’t connect to transference until near the very end of the excerpt. Thus it was operating alone. Whether it is actually umbra is speculation though.

The Sacrifice Quest told us that Warframes (All of them, not just Umbra) used to be beasts without mind, doing stuff on their own.
In order to control them, the Tenno were used. Using Transference, they, the Tenno, eased the Warframe's pain. The Tenno are the mind, the Warframes are the body.
So just because that thing in the Rhino Prime Entry was acting on its own, doesn't mean it's Umbra.

14 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

The Sacrifice Quest told us that Warframes (All of them, not just Umbra) used to be beasts without mind, doing stuff on their own.
In order to control them, the Tenno were used. Using Transference, they, the Tenno, eased the Warframe's pain. The Tenno are the mind, the Warframes are the body.
So just because that thing in the Rhino Prime Entry was acting on its own, doesn't mean it's Umbra.

Hence why i called it speculation. I too remember that fact, just the situation is that people see the autonomy and jump to the conclusion. I find it too vague to be certain.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't understand why would Rhino get an umbra form? I mean he has a prime and escallaber doesn't have a prime. I'd imagine the umbras are for frames that don't have a prime such as Octavia, Ivira, Harrow and ect. That could be over powered if the primes do get umbra frames at that point why not just rework on the primes or warframe that isn't doing supper hot to begin with. I love Rhino but I sware if he get's an umbra before my Octavia gets a prime I'm going to scream.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Elofy Wolf said:

I'd imagine the umbras are for frames that don't have a prime such as Octavia, Ivira, Harrow and ect.

Fake news.
Excalibur has a Prime. (Just not for everyone)
And all the Frames will get a Prime. (Yes, even Octavia, Ivara, Harrow etc.) 

If they do any more Umbra frames it will likely follow the Prime releases. So Im going to assume Frost will get the Umbra treatment next.

The release order will be the same, oldest frames will get the treatment first and considering DE stated that it will be a limited run, Im going to also go under the assumption that the Orgional frames that released with the game will be the ones who get Umbra varients, plus Frost as he was the second prime released (first to non founders).

Part of the The Sacrifice tease was "Subject 9" so if you look at the roster:

1)Excal 2)Loki 3)Ash 4)Rhino 5)Volt 6)Mag 7)Trinity 8)Ember and 9) Frost(first non founder prime)

Theres your 9 subjects relating to The Sacrifice reference leading up to launch.

Edited by (XB1)Cram Duachim

6 hours ago, (XB1)Elofy Wolf said:

I don't understand why would Rhino get an umbra form? I mean he has a prime and escallaber doesn't have a prime. I'd imagine the umbras are for frames that don't have a prime such as Octavia, Ivira, Harrow and ect. That could be over powered if the primes do get umbra frames at that point why not just rework on the primes or warframe that isn't doing supper hot to begin with. I love Rhino but I sware if he get's an umbra before my Octavia gets a prime I'm going to scream.

Every frame will get a prime at some point this has been confirmed by DE. Excalibur technical has a prime but it was locked behind founders pack. I assume that they made umbra to shup up all the Excalibur mains who wanted a prime. I for one hope they don't make any more umbras till we prime every new and old frame

Le 15/09/2018 à 19:21, (XB1)PredakingXYT a dit :

1. Don't put bets on any specific warframe becoming umbra

2. You don't really think anybody (DE included) has/knows of plans for next umbra anytime soon right

3. Rhino is not, I repeat not , falling behind

They (the devs) said it should be Rhino the next umbra warframe in the past.

11 minutes ago, Alpha56 said:

They (the devs) said it should be Rhino the next umbra warframe in the past.

OK, source on this, cause I keep up with them and there's been no confirmation on whether or not we're gonna get anymore Umbra's in general, let alone it being Rhino

I cant say I'm excited for a Rhino Umbra. The prime version will simply be better because he doesnt need all 3 umbral mods to begin with, or well there is no point wasting a slot on vitality for him. So it will more just be a new look with no real benefits. Excal Umbra was atleast a straight up improvement over regular Excal and Excal Prime. It will be hard for Rhino, Mag and Volt to see the same usefulness in their umbral frames unless they release more umbral mods that fot those 3 frames better. The slight increase in power and health does not justify slotting umbral fiber on volt or mag just as the slight increase in armor and power doesnt justify slotting umbral vitality on Rhino.