Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2018= content drought?

(PSN)AtomicEyekon

Most Recent content released for the Thirsty fanbase: Revenant Qwest short don't think too much of it,Revenant farming/building RNG base each person has their own experience/basically a poor man's Mesa and Nyx not for me tbo. Eventually nezha rework will drop on console do I care personally no.I'm a Rhino fan ( preference ) regardless it's a good quality of life.

5 minutes ago, Zavenosk said:

Warframe has had lots of content droughts. They usually end with a big, amazing update that redefines the game.

As a veteran I can agree....However, since they took that break last year, their schedule seems off. I don't mind waiting, just so long as the content itself is sufficient. Revenant's quest paired with the tennogen and deluxe, was far too small for such a big wait time... I wonder what happened...

We got the primaries and secondaries (and upcoming melee) rebalance, and the continuos weapons rework/rebalance, and couple frames rework/balance at least. Seems like it was more of a balance year than a content year. But maybe fortuna hits before the end oy the year, so we still have some time for more content. I mean, they havent been doing nothing

Edited by GordoFreeman

How can any of you call it "content DROUGHT"? We spend some 2 months with really low content but that was it, and it was early in the year like February and March.

So far we've gotten new game modes, new events, return of old events, deluxe skins coming out at a pacing we haven't seen before, Warframes reworks, The Sacrifice, Umbra, Revenant's mini quest, more POE stuff, more ZAW parts, new weapons, weapons re-balance, Sanctuary Onslaught and the list goes on...

And, ofc, we will get the next couple months with a "drought" again, but that's because Fortuna, Orb Valis, new syndicates, Melee 3.0, Corpus rework and more are to come 

Edited by Nitro747

43 minutes ago, Zavenosk said:

Warframe has had lots of content droughts. They usually end with a big, amazing update that redefines the game.

yes, and this time the big amazing update will be Fortuna (hopefully).

it was a drought for me across all games, not just warframe. it's ended for me now though. I have Destiny and Destiny 2, A Revenant to farm, a new weapon to level, a ton of Tennogen to save up for, and Warface going F2P  on Tuesday to keep me occupied. as it usually goes, it's straight from drought season to "ermahgerd so many games!"

and then there's still Red dead 2 and Anthem to look at later down the line, and of course, the Fortuna update. so plenty to look forward to.

I would agree that the year so far has not had a deft of content but has had a few skins and other customization here and there. Most of the content teased for the last year or two was pushed back or has been put on the shelf for now. Perhaps, after Fortuna releases those resources can be utilized or reassigned to the next Plains-like node. I believe Kingpin was something that was supposed to be last year so perhaps it might be solidified before work can be finished on Rail Jack and the New War.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Zavenosk:

Aint that the truth, ppl tend to ignore or not admit that there is indeed a content drought but yeah, Fortuna is prob gonna be that big one (maybe even railjack/New War)

1 hour ago, (PS4)vidare said:

Poe was a very short fun, i hope Fortuna brings more action than running between short boring encounters with low level mobs.

Accessibility makes more money. Making the enemies low level allows Digital Extremes to market it as new player friendly and thus bringing in new money. 

If Venus was all high level enemies, a majority of this playerbase would complain that it is too hard. This is why Sorties are now less than a rotation C for endless mission types and why Onslaught was changed dramatically.

2 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Accessibility makes more money. Making the enemies low level allows Digital Extremes to market it as new player friendly and thus bringing in new money. 

If Venus was all high level enemies, a majority of this playerbase would complain that it is too hard. This is why Sorties are now less than a rotation C for endless mission types and why Onslaught was changed dramatically.

Might be so, but when i started to play it was so fun to try those harder defense/survival. A great fellin the first time you managed to reach 20min T4.

Haveing to carefully chose wether to stay or not, the risk of losing it all. Slowly you grow out of the game, more power given to us that is never needed. 

What you call content drought, I call "After-Hype Impatience Distress". Symptoms are known to manifest after a few months from Tennocons.

Known symptoms:
- On mild cases, simple boredom of continued play;
- Increased obsession to General News & Information subforums, that leads to increased forum activity in general and less in-game time;
- On more serious cases, a "burnout" or / followed by deep disappointment after the release of targeted content.

Known treatment and prevention practices:
- Finding alternate gameplay inside Warframe (trading, clan management and building, fashionframe and other completionist activity);
- Interchanging play time with other games;
- Keeping the mind busy on real life hobbies, job and other kinds of entertainments;
- Meditation techniques of self-reflection on the wise words of Kratos, God of War, son of Zeus, the Ghost of Sparta "Keep your expectations low, and you will never be disappointed" (needs more study)

Edited by Korusagi
more "technical"

Think of it this way. Each year has two or three big changes, and a sprinkling of smaller ones, right? Those big changes could be a new area like PoE, a new cinematic quest, or so on.

2018 has had only one, on the surface: The Sacrifice, which had 3 months of development. That's a quarter of the year's dev time, that's not insignificant. And it's coming up on Fortuna, so two.

But it has had another, the Rebalances for all weapons, including Melee 3.0. It IS one of those big updates, it just doesn't FEEL like it since it's not new content, it's rebalanced content. In that sense, if we get Fortuna this year, that'll be three big updates. I'm OK with that. But I can see why DE doesn't like doing this too often.

14 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

But it has had another, the Rebalances for all weapons, including Melee 3.0.

But it wasn't all weapons, it was alot. But not all.

And melee 3.0 isn't here yet.

Also, I wouldn't exactly call the sacrifice a big update. Alot of the community views it as a big dissapointment if anything.

Wait of three months to get nothing other than a lackluster quest which you could complete in like half an hour then go back to not playing because there wasn't anything else to be had with it.

Edited by (PS4)purpleskullgamin

1 hour ago, FLSH_BNG said:

Already forgot about The Sacrifice did we?

Not at all! I also recall the Umbra Warframe was originally teased back around Update 17. The Sacrifice itself was a nice small quest but didn't really answer anything not already stated or mentioned by Lore snippets in the game. We also had Khora who was pushed back from November of 2017 with Onslaught which was a repurposed Survival mode that doesn't give air and lacks pickups but can be used for some to gain high focus returns. We also had Revenant which didn't get a full quest but had some lore fragments which contradict the reasoning for us using Eidolon Phylaxis in Plague Star from 2017. Then we are here, waiting on Fortuna's fun Disney-esque musical workers and Orb Mothers. Afterward, seems 2019 might have Rail Jack and New War potentially.

As far as reworks, they are not new content either but simply changing things; sometimes for the better sometimes not and needing further reworks later due to that. It still takes time and resources though, so its still doing something - just not content - which is the focus of the thread I wager. Honestly, I look forward to more lore working out how an Undead Sentient can assimilate a warframe when Plague Star said the two are incompatible from a guy that can see Quantum Realities! That and a cool explanation for Void fissures and relics; they really make little sense so far.

I wouldn't really say it's a content drought, as in a lack of content, because we got a fair amount during the first part of the year. The problem is that it is hard to create content that can engage players over the long term. So you get bored with stuff rather quickly.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)purpleskullgamin said:

But it wasn't all weapons, it was alot. But not all.

I was using Hyperbole to emphasise the scale of that update.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)purpleskullgamin said:

And melee 3.0 isn't here yet.

It's still considered part of the Rebalance, and it's still coming this year. If anything, this further emphasises what a big update it actually is.