The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oxium farm? No, Galatea doesn't work.

Malkiur

Question

Hey everyone. I just finished building my Hydro with Pilfering Swarm and decided to test the Nekros combo out with a friend. But we quickly realized that Oxium farming, even with this duo, is completely terrible, AND EVEN with the latest buff to Oxium osprey spawning. People keep suggesting Galatea, but I also heard that location was nerfed, and doesn't work for Oxium farming anymore. We tried as well, in a multitude of ways - trying to aggro enemies before finding the target, trying to down the target and camp his body (Fails the mission after a while), and we tried capturing him and then aggro enemies (Which also doesn't work). IO is terrible for this Hydro, Nekros combo unless you have a full squad, as the enemies keep shooting you from behind, when they come up the side staircases. We also tried Survival on Jupiter (Cannot remember the name of it) but it barely drops any Oxium, I think 90 for nearly 15 minutes which is nothing.

So I finally decided to ask this question myself, as I keep seeing unhelpful threads from before the nerf on Galatea. If nobody knows any other Oxium farming locations, then I guess IO is the best, as we dropped way over 300 for 10 waves and without any boosters. Any suggestions?

20 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, AnonumusSoldier said:

There probably hasn't been enough time for new farming spots to be found, but based on the changes and defense/survival would be best as spawn rates have been increased at the beginning waves

1 minute ago, Fishyflakes said:

They also spawn more the longer you stay in a mission.

Both of these are true, thing is some defense/survival missions are better than others, for example Galatea was amazing, and now it is an impossible place to farm Oxium on. Defense, I would say, is the best mission type to farm Oxium on, but the map layouts are terrible for this purpose, as you cannot just sit in a corridor just like the Nekros/Hydro combo should be used for maximum efficiency. I found myself running out of energy a lot during IO wave 5+ (Although I haven't dug into Zenurik yet).

8 minutes ago, Malkiur said:

Both of these are true, thing is some defense/survival missions are better than others, for example Galatea was amazing, and now it is an impossible place to farm Oxium on. Defense, I would say, is the best mission type to farm Oxium on, but the map layouts are terrible for this purpose, as you cannot just sit in a corridor just like the Nekros/Hydro combo should be used for maximum efficiency. I found myself running out of energy a lot during IO wave 5+ (Although I haven't dug into Zenurik yet).

If your playing nekros you should invest in [Despoil] [health conversion] and maxing out vitality/umbral vitality instead. If your playing hydroid, while you wait for zenurik, get energy pizzas from dojo/syndicate. 

In defense based missions the enemies come to a singular point, so you know where they are going. You camp that, map layout dosent matter. Most defense maps are 50m or smaller, if you have that as your range then your fine. 

Unless you plan on going 20+ waves, as long as you have a buddy you can easily pub this for more players thus more spawns without concern.

4 minutes ago, AnonumusSoldier said:

If your playing nekros you should invest in [Despoil] [health conversion] and maxing out vitality/umbral vitality instead. If your playing hydroid, while you wait for zenurik, get energy pizzas from dojo/syndicate. 

In defense based missions the enemies come to a singular point, so you know where they are going. You camp that, map layout dosent matter. Most defense maps are 50m or smaller, if you have that as your range then your fine. 

Unless you plan on going 20+ waves, as long as you have a buddy you can easily pub this for more players thus more spawns without concern.

Yeah, the only thing my friend is missing from his Nekros is Health Conversion but he's getting close to getting it. Other than that, can I actually mod my Hydro for range? Wouldn't that destroy my ability damage?

I presume I don't need efficiency as I'm mostly gonna be running Hydro with Nekros, as well as Zenurik soon so no problem with energy, but Duration and Strength is pretty important imo.

Edited by Malkiur

28 minutes ago, Malkiur said:

Yeah, the only thing my friend is missing from his Nekros is Health Conversion but he's getting close to getting it. Other than that, can I actually mod my Hydro for range? Wouldn't that destroy my ability damage?

I presume I don't need efficiency as I'm mostly gonna be running Hydro with Nekros, as well as Zenurik soon so no problem with energy, but Duration and Strength is pretty important imo.

Well, range dictates the aoe range of tentacles, so you kinda need at least some since base is only 15 m charged. The main point would be to make sure your nekros outranges your hydroid, which if I remember correctly overextended + stretch gives him 43 m alone, so that would be easy to do.

As far as efficiency, that depends on how you run pilfer. At 100 energy per charged cast it costs alot, most people prefer to run pilfer as a spam ability, not duration. 

50 minutes ago, Kyoresh said:

basically do a long Corpus Survival.

its amazing that, for the first time there is a reward for going longer

Well, thing is for Oxium farming this is not entirely true, I ran a survival on Jupiter and I barely got any Oxium after 15 minutes, think it was 94, which is nothing. If Neptune had a corpus survival, that would have been an amazing option, but from what I can see, there is no corpus survival on Neptune, unless I'm really blind.

41 minutes ago, AnonumusSoldier said:

Well, range dictates the aoe range of tentacles, so you kinda need at least some since base is only 15 m charged. The main point would be to make sure your nekros outranges your hydroid, which if I remember correctly overextended + stretch gives him 43 m alone, so that would be easy to do.

As far as efficiency, that depends on how you run pilfer. At 100 energy per charged cast it costs alot, most people prefer to run pilfer as a spam ability, not duration. 

I need to check out the spam option for Pilfer, as originally I just decided I'm gonna go for duration. Doing Efficiency alone is gonna save up some capacity though, so it might be a good idea to just recast all the time. When it comes to the range, even after modding, is it actually a viable option for defense? Grineer tilesets for defense are usually better than corpus imo, for example the IO gas city defense is terrible, as the enemies have spread out pathways to get to the defense point, maybe not as much as some other tilesets but still worse than most Grineer tilesets from what I can remember. If it is possible to do a range build for Hydro that covers the entire corpus gas city area, that would be amazing. I will give this a try.

Alerts very often give 300 or 3000 Oxium, seriously not sure how many zeroes are shown because for some materials there are 300 and for others 3000. I just do those alerts for any resource whenever I see them pop up and so far have never had problem with low resources.

Also for people that like to play solo and explore everything - get Master Thief mod because those extra lockers drop a lot of useful extra stuff.

3 hours ago, LarryYourWaiter said:

I’m always curious whenever I see these oxium threads: what are you building that’s taking all this oxium?

2 hours ago, Ver1dian said:

Makes you wonder...😄

Ofc Bauban Prime... ( im laughing in my 100k oxium with out any use other then wasting some space in my inventory....)

When me and clanmates farmed oxium maybe two or three months ago, we used to go to Venus corpus survival, you had something like 600-700 oxium for 40 minutes with booster. We had only one Nekros, me, no Hydroid, but had a Nidus doing the killing which enabled my desecrate to apply to osprey corpses.

8 hours ago, LarryYourWaiter said:

I’m always curious whenever I see these oxium threads: what are you building that’s taking all this oxium?

There is SOME stuff that requires a LOT of Oxium. In any case, I wouldn't be posting this thread if it was wasting away in my inventory, but instead I'm always short on it, and farming it is annoying. Also when you make a clan where you are the single person researching/building everything, Oxium tends to be a bugger.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Black_Adder_ said:

Alerts very often give 300 or 3000 Oxium, seriously not sure how many zeroes are shown because for some materials there are 300 and for others 3000. I just do those alerts for any resource whenever I see them pop up and so far have never had problem with low resources.

Also for people that like to play solo and explore everything - get Master Thief mod because those extra lockers drop a lot of useful extra stuff.

It is indeed 300, and I do them as well, but while 300 might seem like a lot, most times it just simply isn't, and these alerts don't come up a lot. Good tip though!

6 hours ago, (PS4)TONI__RIBEIRO said:

Io, Jupiter 

Yes, we said that 😛 And it is still probably the best mission for Ox farming out there, but like I said it is one of the most annoying ones as well. I'm currently building that Hydro range build suggested earlier in this thread to be able to do this mission without problems.

5 hours ago, BoarWarrior said:

When me and clanmates farmed oxium maybe two or three months ago, we used to go to Venus corpus survival, you had something like 600-700 oxium for 40 minutes with booster. We had only one Nekros, me, no Hydroid, but had a Nidus doing the killing which enabled my desecrate to apply to osprey corpses.

I mean, even 1000 Oxium for 40 minutes WITH a booster is a small amount imo, without a booster, that's another story. You get 300 on IO without booster and only with Nekros for 10 waves (8-10 minutes) BUT it is a little tedious without proper range builds if you are also running Hydro. Even three months ago IO had about the same results, maybe 200-250 instead since now the Ospreys spawn a little earlier than before. Back when you were farming, Galatea would probably have been your best option, but I'm not entirely sure when exactly it was nerfed to the ground for Oxium farming. In any case, Survival is way more bearable than Defense for farming resources, so to be honest I wouldn't mind spending some more time in a Survival to get the same amount of resources as I'd get in a shorter Defense. The point of this thread was to find a good Survival mission that spawns Ox Ospreys that beats or has about the same amount of spawns as IO, but it seems like right now there is none, and IO is still king when it comes to Ox farming. Who knows maybe Fortuna will have Ox Osprey spawns ;d

14 minutes ago, Ovakyn said:

Worked for the last group I farmed there. Unlucky spawns your run maybe?

When did you run it? I just tried it and nothing aggros. Thing is about that mission, the enemies just never sound the alarm and never aggro towards the players.

23 hours ago, Malkiur said:

Yes, we said that 😛 And it is still probably the best mission for Ox farming out there, but like I said it is one of the most annoying ones as well. I'm currently building that Hydro range build suggested earlier in this thread to be able to do this mission without problems.

I run IO with a Banshee or Equi with a range / strength build. With friends playing Trin and Nekros (and taking care of nullifiers). The first waves are all dead & done within 30 seconds and the waves up to 20 all take less than a minute. Makes the runs pretty swift and easy. Still the easiest place for some quick Oxium imo, and can give you a nice amount of relics while you're at it.

Edited by -AxHx-Vile