Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nitain extract...*nuff said*

(XBOX)Trained

Question

10 answers to this question

Only way I am aware is from alerts. Sorry. 

From wiki:

• Alerts rewarding Nitain Extract are guaranteed to occur at least 4 times in every 24 hour period.
  • It has a small chance to drop from a cache when all three are found — Orokin or Reactor Sabotage and Lua or Kuva Fortress Exterminate.
  • Part of Cetus Bounty's reward pool during a Ghoul Purge.

Best way to farm it, not-so-reliably, is the ghouls bounties (two attempts with ~5% chance each).

20 minutes ago, (PS4)Ragology said:

Not sure if they pop at the same time every day though.

Not at the same time, but they do have a similar interval (some times with -1h ~ +1h difference). On my first month playing, I would always predict the alerts by checking the game after each interval, and the alert was there or showed up a few minutes later.

The farmable places with the "highest" drop chances for Nitain are:

Void sabotage (Stribog): 2% after finding all 3 hidden caches
Pluto / Sedna Reactor sabotage (Cypress / Kelpie): 2% after finding all 3 hidden caches
Kuva Fortress exterminate (Dakata): 2% after finding all 3 hidden caches

@Meicoomon_Prime  Lua exterminate actually has 1.29% chance of dropping it

Honestly, I don't recommend farming nitain with the above very low chances. It's not worth it.  I play reactor sabotage all the time for the fun of it (I like the hide & seek factor it offers), and I have gotten like 6 nitain out of the hundreds of runs I have done throughout the years.

Ghoul bounties have better drop chances but unfortunately you can't farm those whenever you want and you have to wait for Ghoul invasion to happen. And these end ~2 days later.

Ghoul bounty tier 1, stage 4: 5.95%
Ghoul bounty tier 2, stage 4: 4.12%
Ghoul bounty tier 2, stage 5: 5.95%

- approx. 4 alerts during any 24 hr period

- ghoul purge bounty: "low" = 6% chance at stage 4, "high" = 4% chance at stage 4 & 6% chance at stage 5

- sabotage mission and exterminate mission caches: third cache (=all found) depending on tier between 0.7% - 2% (that is: Ishtar, Terminus, Gradivus, Calypso, Thon, Cypress, Kelpie, Marduk, Stribog, Plato, Dakata)

IMO nitain is not actually "farmable", since you would go insane before you had all 20 for Vauban P.

Unless you have friends who also want to find all three caches you will have to do the missions solo, since otherwise the rest of the team will mostly extract while you are still running around looking for the final third cache (= nitain chance fail). And doing them solo takes time, even though you will get a lot faster as you learn the map permutations you also have to do the actual mission = with a max. drop rate of 2% (tier 3) and a mean mission time of 5 minutes that means around 1 nitain every 4th hour (2% = one per 50 missions), which in turn means a little over 80 hours of missions to get 20 for Vauban P.

Using the phone app is a much better way, even though you would get a lot of loot etc. from 80 hrs of running sabotage/exterminate missions. Lua & Kuva also drops Orokin cells, various Xiphos parts and Cyclone Kraken (approx. 50p), among other things.

However, the very best way is to never again ever miss a nitain alert, ever. That way you will have your own personal nitain buffer ready and waiting...

Edited by Graavarg

1-2 per day if you are casuls.

Right now you have the urgent since you need them for almost 70% of frames and some weapons. But after you reduce the amount of recipe that need nitain you will start flooding them on you inventory. They are no so hard to get just take time.