Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About AFKers

ReyaXZy

Please for god's sake do something about afking in bountys!!!I suggest harsher punishments or something because seriously the afkers are getting out of hand and they are everywhere this days even on regular missions.Sorry about my bad English it's not my native language.

If you find someone leeching or AFK, you can report them via support with evidence. The counter measures for these players would require major matchmaking changes or other abusable systems such as vote kicking. Digital Extremes does do things about these players, you just have to report them to the right place.

5 hours ago, Ex09 said:

I had a match earlier, all 3 of them AFK and just let mallet do the killing.

To be fair, the xp system encourages this behavior.

I can kill something with my warframe and get 100% xp to my warframe. I can kill something with my weapon and get 50% xp to my warframe and 50% to my weapon. I can let someone else kill something and 75% of the xp will go to my weapon and 25% to my warframe. 

Because of the above, the most efficient way to get xp for a new weapon is to go into matches with only that weapon equipped and don't kill anything. 

I often go into missions and only do whatever is needed to not fail the mission, otherwise I let someone else get all the killing done so I can get better xp(or focus) generation. 

Edited by Erytroxylin

Report them - and keep reporting them. Or f*ck with them.

I had one guy AFK'ing in a bounty - so I decided to join him in his little fishing session. Literally followed him around until he left. 

3 minutes ago, ReyaXZy said:

So DE is really taking actions against them is i provide SS?cuz from what i hear in game they won't do anything to afkers...

Not in game but if you go through the support on the site. Make sure you have the players name and a screenshot of them on the map and the end mission screen.

Also f*k afkers and leechers

Edited by Guest

The two possible best solution is use clan/recruiting chat or play solo. Sadly playing with randoms always have a minor - major chance it contains AFK players and if 1 at least on the missions do something then you can finish it. The biggest problem is when the regular missions have doors and you need other one person to open a door what would be nice if you can bypass with chiper.

AFKers abusing the system and here I am worried about joining a high level match to level my stuff and not drag the other 3 team mates down.

I don't know what's worse, AFKers or the guy on Mobile Defense who makes it a point to grab the console and slow walk to each computer.

3 hours ago, Voltage said:

Digital Extremes does do things about these players, you just have to report them to the right place.

How about more vocal statements on this matter in DevStreams, aka "We don't like AFK and will punish such behaviour." Not only once in a decade, but firm and often, like proper community management and shaping. Support is usually fast on reacting to my AFK tickets, but I would like to know what happens in the end, as an automatic resposnse leaves room for interpretation. In recent time I encounter more and more of those "bad apples" in my sessions; or player's responses like the one below, which convey the feeling, such behaviour is tolerated by Devs & community.

3 hours ago, Tunderke said:

The two possible best solution is use clan/recruiting chat or play solo.

How about no! If I would like to play a single player game, I most cetainly would not pick Warframe. Also, recruit chat for nearly every mission is a little bit excessive, don't you think? Statements like this is a perfect example for a "look away mentality", that approves AFK & Leeching.

19 minutes ago, ShortCat said:

How about more vocal statements on this matter in DevStreams, aka "We don't like AFK and will punish such behaviour." Not only once in a decade, but firm and often, like proper community management and shaping. Support is usually fast on reacting to my AFK tickets, but I would like to know what happens in the end, as an automatic resposnse leaves room for interpretation. In recent time I encounter more and more of those "bad apples" in my sessions; or player's responses like the one below, which convey the feeling, such behaviour is tolerated by Devs & community.

How about no! If I would like to play a single player game, I most cetainly would not pick Warframe. Also, recruit chat for nearly every mission is a little bit excessive, don't you think? Statements like this is a perfect example for a "look away mentality", that approves AFK & Leeching.

While I understand your frustrations, can you suggest how DE can implement a non-abusable system?

There's already a system against AFK. What you mean is leechers who do just enough to bypass the AFK detection system. In the case of PoE, it's fishing or mining. 

Maybe... Share their spoils? Like they share yours?

But this would oversaturate the fishing market... Though I'm not sure if that's really a problem.

1 minute ago, (PS4)hereticSky said:

While I understand your frustrations, can you suggest how DE can implement a non-abusable system?

Why should there be an anti AFK or Leech system in the first place? Ingame mechanics and report functions can stay as they are. The intended abuse comes from within the community, so you need to lead and shape the community itself to prevent such behaviour. Make firm, repeated, vocal statements on this matter; do not permit any sympathy, remember affected players to report "bad apples" and show that actions matter.

I bet my monthly salary, that if during a DevStream DE would show number of bans they executed due to leeching, with explicit breakdown into problem areas like ESO or PoE, and not only once, but for a month, there would be less leechers in the game. If you know, there is a high probability leeching behaviour will be reported and followed with consequences, you would not do it. 

1 hour ago, ShortCat said:

How about more vocal statements on this matter in DevStreams, aka "We don't like AFK and will punish such behaviour." Not only once in a decade, but firm and often, like proper community management and shaping.

We don't watch devstreams to be ranted at like naughty children. We watch to see the next cool thing or be entertained when they kill themselves with Lenz or make funny jokes lol. 

I don't want any negative nonsense in the streams. I just want fun and positivity. 

If people campaigned as hard for cool positive things as they did for punishments and negativity, this place could be even more amazing than it already is. So why don't you join me and be happy Tenno?

6 hours ago, ReyaXZy said:

Please for god's sake do something about afking in bountys!!!I suggest harsher punishments or something because seriously the afkers are getting out of hand and they are everywhere this days even on regular missions.Sorry about my bad English it's not my native language.

Harsher punishments than a single warn and a ban? That's going to be hard to beat, a temporary ban or a permanent ban for a single afk infraction is a bit to much don't you think?

Edited by KIREEK

19 minutes ago, Golmihr said:

In that case use that info to abandon the mission at the start.

I instead assume the game as a 3 man team from the start, will exit at the 1st opportunity i get (like onslought rounds) and will report if i see any sort of gameplay that violates the rules, i prefer that than to add a quit to my profile over and over.

Edited by KIREEK

2 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

I instead assume the game as a 3 man team from the start, will exit at the 1st opportunity i get (like onslought rounds) and will report if i see any sort of gameplay that violates the rules, i prefer than to add a quit to my profile over and over.

Alright but don't attribute any value to the mission-quit tracker in your profile. Between all the bugs most players got a lot of abandoned missions. I remember early on it bothered me a little when I encountered exterminate missions with the no mobs bug or like when an invasion reward was a catalyst but that patch had a bug where most of the transitions between the faction areas wouldn't work.

Then they introduced relics and I quickly discovered that it was possible to abandon a mission at the end while the relic countdown was running and still preserve the relic so with a lot of abandons I could ensure I always got the rare reward (Eventually they fixed that). These days I view it as players need a quit ratio above a certain limit to not be gullible Lotus tools.