Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About AFKers

ReyaXZy

Disable mining and fishing during bounties that wipes out 2/3rs of what AFK** players do while they're diligently avoiding actually doing the bounty they agreed to do. The other prevalent activity they undertake is sitting at the gate dodging the inactivity timer. Which is blatantly identifiable and extremely reportable. 

I'd even be happy to entertain banning them from public bounties for a week after multiple verifiable instances of leeching. 

Let them find a pre-formed group or solo the bounties.

Edit:

** AFK probably isn't the best term, because they are usually there so they aren't truly AFK but they are just actively ignoring/avoiding the mission. Leechers would probably be a more apt description. 

Edited by Oreades

52 minutes ago, (XB1)xXDEADxXGAMERXx said:

Hello! Just to let you know there is a Report player function in game for people who AFK, Just simply select that option!

Edit: Please note that in-game reporting is very serious and can hurt you if it shows they're not afk 

Ok then how about if they just mess around fishing/mining is that still afk?lol

just play solo until you need other people to do things. like t4 defenses or tridolon or some sortie thing that's difficult to do alone. imo it's more fun playing solo bc you get to play the game instead of the max range saryn in your squad that must be having so much fun pressing one button and sitting on the cryopod for 40+ rounds. love aoe frames in pubs. so much fun. great gameplay concept thanks guys.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

HI I'M BARRY SCOTT, HERE TO TELL YOU ABOUT NEW SOLO MODE!!

Hi, I am Garry Scott, here to tell you to not listen to my brother, who plays multiplayer games to never meet other players in them!

Edited by ShortCat

7 minutes ago, Birkenhoff said:

Why do some people always tell others to play solo when those address a multiplayer issue?

I know, I know, they're just trolling but it's an old chestnut. It's not original and it's not funny. It's simply stupid.

Because these complaints are a dime a dozen, and it's generally accepted that in pub missions, anything goes and can happen.

Want efficiency and no griefing? Form a squad in recruit chat, play in a clan or play solo

vor einer Stunde schrieb sleepychewbacca:

Because these complaints are a dime a dozen, and it's generally accepted that in pub missions, anything goes and can happen.

Want efficiency and no griefing? Form a squad in recruit chat, play in a clan or play solo

Ok, I understand. There're also a ton of threads about the chat bot, visual glitches on frames and repeated QOL issues. I guess you tell those people to not use the chat, use other skins or simply "uninstall the game".

Want no griefing? Form a squad in recruit chat for any kind of share and wait for it. Any complains? No. Why? Because this is life. I'm talking about the basic game mechanic of a coop shooter where you should expect people to actually play the mission they choose. If they don't the rest of the group should have the option to get rid of them. 

Don't want to see all this whiners with this issue in particular? skip those threads.

7 minutes ago, Birkenhoff said:

Ok, I understand. There're also a ton of threads about the chat bot, visual glitches on frames and repeated QOL issues. I guess you tell those people to not use the chat, use other skins or simply "uninstall the game".

Want no griefing? Form a squad in recruit chat for any kind of share and wait for it. Any complains? No. Why? Because this is life. I'm talking about the basic game mechanic of a coop shooter where you should expect people to actually play the mission they choose. If they don't the rest of the group should have the option to get rid of them. 

Don't want to see all this whiners with this issue in particular? skip those threads.

If you want to take it that way, sure. We have a solution. 

Problem solved, /thread. XD

What do AFKers do in this game? The main point is to make things explode, if you're not enjoying that you may as well quit.

They are only annoying for that 1m timer on extraction, couldn't care less.

Encountered a leach fishing and mining in bounties once or twice though, more annoying was the thought that he was getting more rewards than me for bad behavior, rather than anything else.

6 hours ago, sleepychewbacca said:

How about no?

On 2018-09-17 at 9:10 PM, ShortCat said:

How about no! If I would like to play a single player game, I most cetainly would not pick Warframe. Also, recruit chat for nearly every mission is a little bit excessive, don't you think? Statements like this is a perfect example for a "look away mentality", that approves AFK & Leeching.

I am not saying you should look away and don't care about this problem but currently there is only these two solutions. I would also like matches with randoms without afk problems but currently DE cannot solve this only what they can do is add shady solutions which can be used by trolls so in the end it could cause more trouble than good. 

I realize AFK'ers are still a thing, but I tend to be a bit more philosophical about them.

If a player enters the game and does absolutely nothing, that player being there still increases the number of enemies, which is good.  It's a little annoying when I'm trying to level something, but there are still ways to get that done - after all, I always bring a weapon capable of doing work even when leveling.

That said, I won't go out of my way to revive an AFK'er.