Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make it so that Umbra Mods equipped (in full sets) give non-Umbra frames sentient movement when in operator mode?

low1991

18 minutes ago, BringMeYourAzz said:

Its bad enough that Umbra does that why would you want it on any other frame?

1. I doubt those whom doesn't want this would equip all Umbra (a set) for the sentient mode thingy. Especially, when it occur space & mod capacity.
  2. Give set mod an effect that aren't numerical benefit to the frame. (ie, some special effects).
  3. So that future Umbra frames aren't just a frame that is made solely to fight Tau. 

1 minute ago, Ozent said:

Have you seen a sentient umbra or equinox duality with max fire rate kohm with a riven? Especially on index or plains.

I say no

DE could make Umbra reload or have aiming delay as a fix.

What's broken atm doesn't mean suggestion can't go on.

Why include Riven in this?

If they every did do something to give your warframe the whole sentient movement thing that umbra does I would prefer it not be linked to mods. Give us a way to farm Oro or to refine it from Kuva some how and then use that to make some item that can be installed on a warframe like a lens or reactor to give this effect. Tying it to mods is just forcing this mechanic on people who may just have a build focused on these mods who may not want this effect. Or forcing people who want this effect to use a potentially very inefficient build to get it. 

21 hours ago, Buttaface said:

Reasonable if limited to certain frames and powers only. Don't want even more mindless, semi-afk AOE spam in the game than there is already. Within those limits, could be fun and a good addition to the game.

When i use Umbra excalbur, he doesnt spam AOE as much as what you said or i.

13 hours ago, TheKazz91 said:

If they every did do something to give your warframe the whole sentient movement thing that umbra does I would prefer it not be linked to mods. Give us a way to farm Oro or to refine it from Kuva some how and then use that to make some item that can be installed on a warframe like a lens or reactor to give this effect. Tying it to mods is just forcing this mechanic on people who may just have a build focused on these mods who may not want this effect. Or forcing people who want this effect to use a potentially very inefficient build to get it. 

Who use armor + health + pwr str in the same build? (Current Umbra 3/3)

9 minutes ago, low1991 said:

Any tank frame. So rhino, Valkyr, Inaros, Nidus,chroma, etc. 

And since equipping one increases the strength of the others, if I want say max power strength than I will use all 3.

I had thought they'd add that as a feature in the new war where we could convert our primed warframes into that of an umbra through the similar helminth virus, saying it would make more sense for it to be done with warframes made from the orokin themselves rather than it being the ones we craft. Although the problem doesn't necessarily seem to be that we need more "umbra" warframes, it seems that the problem is the operator seems to be unusable outside of umbra's unique passive ability. I'd push for focus 3.0 more than more umbra warframes, what's the point of using such frames when, 9 times out of 10, your operator relies on him to protect you?

With the current state of in game AI, I would say NO.

14 hours ago, low1991 said:

I do, in pretty much any Health + Armor based frame like - Rhino, Nidus, Inaros, Valkyr.

19 hours ago, Erytroxylin said:

I don't know about you, but my operator is plenty strong.

If you say so, you sound like you are probably one of those people who uses void strike due to how bad void damage actually does. Everyone uses such things as zenurik and vazarin because it seems that the other focus schools don't really have something going for them that really makes them unique. You can say your operator is strong all you want, but you can't prove that outside of void strike or arcanes. It's unacceptable to have to resort to such methods just to kill fodder enemies at high levels when even my nyx can do better, and she's considered to be trash.

52 minutes ago, (XB1)Phantomhound465 said:

If you say so, you sound like you are probably one of those people who uses void strike due to how bad void damage actually does. Everyone uses such things as zenurik and vazarin because it seems that the other focus schools don't really have something going for them that really makes them unique. You can say your operator is strong all you want, but you can't prove that outside of void strike or arcanes. It's unacceptable to have to resort to such methods just to kill fodder enemies at high levels when even my nyx can do better, and she's considered to be trash.

Unairu actually. Wisp is strong, as is the survivability bonuses from it. Madurai is also strong, but I don't like void strike for general use. Thats an Eidolon only trick imo. Can clear sortie level stuff just fine.

It's no different than modding a weapon or warframe. If you want to do damage, you have to mod for damage. Vaz and Zen are not damage trees. Madurai and, to a lesser extent, Unairu are.

Edited by Erytroxylin

54 minutes ago, Erytroxylin said:

Unairu actually. Wisp is strong, as is the survivability bonuses from it. Madurai is also strong, but I don't like void strike for general use. Thats an Eidolon only trick imo. Can clear sortie level stuff just fine.

It's no different than modding a weapon or warframe. If you want to do damage, you have to mod for damage. Vaz and Zen are not damage trees. Madurai and, to a lesser extent, Unairu are.

Yeah I personally run Unairu, my point is that majority of players will go for utility rather than damage, and Unairu wisp only gives twice the amount of damage output you have. I feel as if we need abilities operators can use similar to warframes, but it uses energy so that it takes energy orbs rather than the circle that fills. It may just be my personal problem after all, I just want to be able to use my operator more often compared to the warframe that over exceeds the power of a child that literally never dies because the void converts its energy into matter. Like seriously, they had a huge quest showing how overpowered the operator could have been. But then you actually try to use them and it turns out you need to farm amps and arcanes and focus. Going back to unairu, the survivability bonuses are indeed good but there are better survivablity mods, like steel fiber that gives 440% more armor. Or vitality that gives 440% more health. It doesn't make sense to me logically how such of a thing converted into matter by energy itself cannot surpass level 50, which is something Brozime had pointed out. I do see your point, but again, look at the statistics... "Warframes are transference proxies for the operator"-Ordis.