Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma Needs a total rework

(XBOX)GrandSageDragon

56 minutes ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

He is just fine way he is I just ran 25 minite survival on him with nothing but viper pistol and galatine prime never once had a problem with his survivability or ability to kill things.  just because something been a while since its been tweeked doesnt mean it need a rework

It does since he has 2 useless abilities. 

Not lackluster, literally useless.

i can do a couple hours of high level survival with almost any frame without special weapon setup. That doesn’t make me say “it’s fine” of any warframe.

Indeed chroma is extremely viable in its current state, but that doesnt negate the fact that he is still in need for a rework of its lacksluster and clunky skillset 

there are certainly frames that need a rework more than him but his upcoming prime access is really a good timeframe for some touchup. You know because of sales and also for the massive feedback they could gather 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

He is just fine way he is I just ran 25 minite survival on him with nothing but viper pistol and galatine prime never once had a problem with his survivability or ability to kill things.  just because something been a while since its been tweeked doesnt mean it need a rework

No,  first of all hes boring to play as. there are other surviability frame out there that not only out do chroma, but are more fun to play. Harrow, Nidus, Inaros, Rhino. only 2 of his abilities are actually  legitimately used. 1 can't even be off hand casted which means you basically lose all your damage if you press 1 its that terrible.  his 4 is literally only used because of the radial scream keeping it out however, reduces your armor for poultry damage. 

and  FYI a 25 minute survival is not hard at all. 60 minute survivals are more a test of survivability.

Edited by hazerddex

12 hours ago, hazerddex said:

and  FYI a 25 minute survival is not hard at all. 60 minute survivals are more a test of survivability.

it does when weapons taken into is mostly stopped being effective after 10 minutes of it.  rank 9 with no potato mostly un modded viper and a mele

Edited by (PS4)Cargan2016

1 hour ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

it does when weapons taken into is mostly stopped being effective after 10 minutes of it.  rank 9 with no potato mostly un modded viper and a mele

So Viper is the only thing unmodded? If so then no, Galatine Prime can push past 60 minute survival on its own easily. Its one of the strongest weapons in the game on a damage boosting frame. 

On 2018-09-17 at 9:20 AM, (PS4)hereticSky said:
chro·ma
ˈkrōmə/
noun
  1. purity or intensity of color.

Thats not what the name is referring to. Its referring to the Chromatic Dragons of DnD. As for his passive, it most definitely needs to be changed. As it only acts as a limitation to fashion and nothing else.

Edited by Nox_Terminus

1 hour ago, Nox_Terminus said:

Thats not what the name is referring to. Its referring to the Chromatic Dragons of DnD. As for his passive, it most definitely needs to be changed. As it only acts as a limitation to fashion and nothing else.

I'd suggest making the element switching a drop-down menu in the arsenal.

Just now, Nox_Terminus said:

Or they make it attached to an ability which you can switch on the fly.

Or how about instead we don't do that and give people a reason to run mod setups beyond generic stat increases, because that is exactly what will happen if you let Chroma switch elements on the fly. Every single mod setup for him will homogenize into "Build for general stat increases and let the game do all the hard work for me".

2 minutes ago, Kerberos-3 said:

Or how about instead we don't do that and give people a reason to run mod setups beyond generic stat increases, because that is exactly what will happen if you let Chroma switch elements on the fly. Every single mod setup for him will homogenize into "Build for general stat increases and let the game do all the hard work for me".

Except thats what mods are, but do go on.

22 hours ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

You know Excalibur can wreck everything with 3 of his abilities. But that doesn't change the fact that Radial Javelin is absolute garbage and in need of a change. Chroma is in the same situation except he got 2 abilities in need of a change.

• 2 weeks later...

His 1st ability should function like Ivaras 1. Allowing you to cycle between fire, ice, electric and toxic.

Once you activate your desired choice, chroma releases a screeching shockwave that momentarily stuns all nearby enemies and makes them take 100% more damage from said element for X amount of seconds. Enemies will also take 50% additional damage from elemental combos that share an element with the selected element.

Example:

Switching to toxic would make enemies take 100% more damage from toxic sources and 50% more damage from viral, corrosion and gas because they all have the toxic element in them.

Chroma also gains a permanent damage and status proc resistance of 30% at base, effected by power strength and capped at 90% to said element.

Switching to a new element will replace old damage resistance with the newly selected.

Chroma also gains a damage and status resistance of 10% at base (effected by power strength) to element combos that share an element with the currently selected.

Example:

Switching to fire will give chroma 30% fire resistance and 10% damage resistance to radiation, gas and blast.

(I'm just reaching pulling numbers here. So bare with me)

Activating his 1 again without selecting a new element will result in Chroma performing another scream, stunning enemies and making them take more damage from his currently selected element.

Switching to a new element while his 2 or 4 are active will instantly end their duration.

His 4 should be duration based that acts as a summonable companion that follows you around.

Now his 1 allows him to adapt in combat, synergizes with his 4 and you gain an additional source of damage.

Edited by (PS4)Zelisius

On 2018-09-19 at 8:18 AM, Kerberos-3 said:

How? It would still only change the elemental type of Chroma, not his weapons, so modding would be the exact same where you need to mod for corrosive etc. And it were to effect his weapons it could be solved like Lash, a seperate damage instance that doesnt combine with other mods on the weapon.

On 2018-10-02 at 2:34 PM, SneakyErvin said:

How? It would still only change the elemental type of Chroma, not his weapons, so modding would be the exact same where you need to mod for corrosive etc. And it were to effect his weapons it could be solved like Lash, a seperate damage instance that doesnt combine with other mods on the weapon.

Changing his element type changes the benefits given by Elemental Ward. Fire presently gives health, Ice gives armor, Electric gives shields, and Toxin gives reload speed and weapon switch speed. Currently, to get the most out of Chroma right now, you need to mod around the boost given by your chosen element. But, by allowing Chroma to switch elements on the fly, maxing out the benefits of a single element becomes pointless, and as a direct result, the "meta" build for Chroma will simply focus on generic increases to the stats boosted by Elemental Ward, with the player simply switching elements as required by the situation. Have a bunch of trash mobs you need to mop up? Switch to Toxin to quickly gun them down. Need to fuel a wagon during a Hijack misson? Switch to electric.

Equinox can change forms to adapt to situations.

I'm pretty sure chroma doesn't need to go toxic to deal with trash mobs...

Being able to switch to electric to power a hijack? Sounds like good versatility to me and means he'd be good for other things other than being a 2/3 go character.

I mean, he's quite generic in terms of modding. You mod for duration and power strength. That's it. At least if he had the ability to change elements during a fight he would become a bit more interesting and could potentially open up more build options. Or he may not... But allowing a player more options is always a plus. And chroma being able to change his elements on command would make him a very diverse character.

Edited by (PS4)Zelisius

6 hours ago, Kerberos-3 said:

Changing his element type changes the benefits given by Elemental Ward. Fire presently gives health, Ice gives armor, Electric gives shields, and Toxin gives reload speed and weapon switch speed. Currently, to get the most out of Chroma right now, you need to mod around the boost given by your chosen element. But, by allowing Chroma to switch elements on the fly, maxing out the benefits of a single element becomes pointless, and as a direct result, the "meta" build for Chroma will simply focus on generic increases to the stats boosted by Elemental Ward, with the player simply switching elements as required by the situation. Have a bunch of trash mobs you need to mop up? Switch to Toxin to quickly gun them down. Need to fuel a wagon during a Hijack misson? Switch to electric.

Yeah you might swap out an armor or health mod for more raw strength but it is highly unlikely. People would still have a main ward they rely on with the option to switch for some better clearing when needed. Most would still build towards cold or heat.