Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons Shooting To The Left Of Crosshair

--Cyberius--

Question

Ok, for a while now  my guns randomly shoot to the left of my reticule, it's not constant, it just decides to do it now and again, (usually @ the most inconvenient time). Does this happen to anyone else, if so, how did you fix it ?. I'm running  'fullscreen borderless' mode (because i use 2 monitors and use a web browser on the  other monitor).

Please help if you know why this is happening 🙂

13 answers to this question

AFAIK, this is an inherent problem with the third person over-the-shoulder perspective. Bullets are fired from the physical gun that your character is holding, not from your "camera" viewpoint. In most situations, this is irrelevant, however for close-range targets the aimpoint gets skewed to the left as a result.

(It's frequently also a problem when bullet-jumping accurately, for similar reasons.)

Edited by tobascodagama

7 minutes ago, tobascodagama said:

AFAIK, this is an inherent problem with the third person over-the-shoulder perspective. Bullets are fired from the physical gun that your character is holding, not from your "camera" viewpoint. In most situations, this is irrelevant, however for close-range targets the aimpoint gets skewed to the left as a result.

(It's frequently also a problem when bullet-jumping accurately, for similar reasons.)

This is only a problem with projectile weapons and DE refuses to acknowledge the issue, not to mention fixing it.

Hitscan weapons (which constitute the majority of weapons in the game) are completely immune to the problem as the ray is cast from the camera.

To see proper approach to projectile weapons, look no further than Titanfall 2, all of the projectiles are cast from the camera and clever tricks are used to mask this behaviour (though it's still noticeable if you look closely enough, the curve is quite pronounced for Ion's Particle Accelerator).

A slightly curved trajectory that's easy to overlook is far better than the weapon shooting backwards.

Edited by JuicyButthurt

Can it be due to the inherent accuracy of the weapon? I know there's like a ton load of complex mathematical calculation when firing like accuracy, travel time, bullet velocity and recoil. I know for a fact that if im too close to ennemy while using the zhuge i miss my mark or when ADS with the vectis, what should be a sure headshot ends up being a fieldgoal.

On 2018-09-18 at 6:32 PM, wiinston17 said:

Can it be due to the inherent accuracy of the weapon? I know there's like a ton load of complex mathematical calculation when firing like accuracy, travel time, bullet velocity and recoil. I know for a fact that if im too close to ennemy while using the zhuge i miss my mark or when ADS with the vectis, what should be a sure headshot ends up being a fieldgoal.

Weapon spread should be roughly centered on the crosshair at the time of firing, creating a circle around the aimpoint if the weapon is given time to reset its recoil between shots.

In this case, the spread as a whole is shifted off-centre, a highly misleading behaviour as it makes the crosshair largely useless.

2 hours ago, JuicyButthurt said:

Weapon spread should be roughly centered on the crosshair at the time of firing, creating a circle around the aimpoint if the weapon is given time to reset its recoil between shots.

In this case, the spread as a whole is shifted off-centre, a highly misleading behaviour as it makes the crosshair largely useless.

Well put! Time to get a controller and enable aim-assist i guess

1 hour ago, wiinston17 said:

Well put! Time to get a controller and enable aim-assist i guess

You DO NOT want to enable the aim assist on controllers in Warframe.  You will miss everytime.  I turned it off first chance O got when I noticed it trying to move my aim for the enemies.  It was like it was trying to lead the enemy, but doing it too far.  

On 2018-09-17 at 12:08 PM, PsyaNydeUK said:

I'm using the Mara Detron and it's happening quite frequently 😞

Agreed! Its super annoying!  It is not an inherent accuracy problem because the missed shots only happen at close range.  @tobascodagama explained it well, but I really wish this would be changed to where you can actually hit an enemy up close if your crosshair is pointed at them.  It is also realistic.  You are not going to completely miss an enemy that is less than 5 meters away if you are using a weapon like mara detron.