Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Late Nyx Suggestions

Ichsuisme

I finally got my hands on Nyx Prime and unfortunately she's been unsatisfying to play with. A while ago, DE asked for suggestions, until now I had little interest, but I'm definitely opinionated now. This is certainly late but I'm actually frustrated from playing as Nyx. This is just me trying to be productive with my frustration.

Main issues:

• Why should a Nyx player kill confused targets? (if you're just going to kill them yourself, or if your team is, why even use the skill? Or why even bother killing them, just stand there and passively watch.)
  • Why should a Nyx player turn off absorb to detonate? (Without the augment, only a few enemies get close enough to be damaged by the blast. With the augment - it's fine, but the damage potential doesn't match the pace of the game.)
  • You shouldn't have to rely on your operator for mobility even while using the assimilate augment.
  • Absorb can be slow to fill up with stored energy if all the enemies are confused and fighting each other and not you.

====

Here are my suggestions

Passive:

• Current Passive: Enemies affected by nyx's skills have a chance to lay down their arms.
  • New Passive: Immune to the radiation status. Cannot be confused. When you use any of your skills, you also release psychic bolts around you that will seek out the closest enemies.

Skills:

• (#1) Mind Control
    • Current: Take over an enemy's mind
      • Augment: Enemy does +500% damage.
    • New: You are now able to take over control over five enemies' minds, amount cannot be increased. Controlled enemies Do +350% damage.
      • Augment: On cast and once the effect wears off, all mind controlled subjects release many psychic bolts around them that do +500% damage.
  • (#2) Chaos
    • Current: Large-scale AOE confuse.
      • Augment: Enemies entering the range of this skill immediately become confused, but this range shrinks over time.
    • Suggested: Still a Large-scale AOE confuse. Affected enemies do +100% more damage to each other, this will also buff any mind controlled targets, from the #1 skill, for +450% extra damage for them. When one of your confused enemies kills another confused enemy, they both explode into a small radiation cloud (radius of 1.5 meters). When you kill a confused enemy yourself, there's an extra +25% chance for energy orbs and the killed enemy's body melts into a pool of radiation (3 meters). The new passive would protect Nyx from these hazards but allies should be unaffected too.
      • Augment: the same, nothing changes, this skill leaves behind a gradually shrinking confusion circle.
  • (#3) New skill, "Unburden"
    • A Nyx illusion appears at your targeted spot that casts its own 50% radius absorb. Charge this skill for the Nyx illusion to have a 90% radius absorb. Recast this ability to detonate this Nyx Illusion and its bubble. If you are currently using absorb on yourself when you recast this ability, 50% of the stored damage is copied over to your own absorb bubble.
      • Augment: You can now also charge up the recast, which will allow you to teleport the Nyx Illusion to your targeted point. Charged Nyx Illusions store extra damage and transfer 65% of their stored damage.
  • (#4) Absorb
    • Current: Store incoming damage and detonate for a radial blast. Immobilized while active.
      • Assimilate Augment: Able to move at 50% speed, use weapons, and use skills - but the blast radius is reduced by half.
    • Suggested: You still store incoming damage, and you are still immobilized, but you are now able to use Nyx's other skills while absorb is active. Using any of Nyx's skills lets you move at 150% speed for 4 seconds.
      • Augment: You are able to always move at 50% speed and still have -50% blast range. But now! Also, while you have absorb active and you use mind control, you teleport to that enemy and bomb the area with radiation energy equal to 50% of your current absorbed damage. This Augment should also be allowed to be put into the Exilus mod slot.

Probably too late, but wow - Nyx is in desperate need of a serious rework. Excited to see the changes. In the meantime though, I figured I would offer up some suggestions instead of just being salty. Back to Nezha for me, great job with him.

On 2018-09-17 at 9:36 PM, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

I'd like to see more control over enemies we use our 1 on like the option to make them hold position or get them to follow us similar to spectres, imagine having a beefy Nox following you around during sorties wrecking anyone that gets in your way 

Having a "venari mechanic" like attack defend and heal would be freaking awesome for her 1

her 2 should be chaos

her 3 ???

her 4 is okay but change the damage to blast/radiation.

It's not too late for input if Council chat is anything to go by.

-The confusion from Chaos is meant to keep all of the attention from being focused on you. In higher level content enemies take a lot longer to kill, and don't do a good job of killing each other so you can focus on taking them out one at a time while they're distracted with each other.

-I kinda see your point about Absorb. I never cared for the ability before Assimilate came out. It was too slow and rarely useful, so I tend to mod her for negative power strength and just go boss mode. They did mention reworking the formula for Absorb though, and potentially some kind of synergy.

-Passive: I like your passive idea. Immunity to confusion is fitting. I also suggested something similar to your idea of the passive psychic bolts, since there are people that have been vocal about it's removal.

-#4: I think it would be wasted on her to allow casting other abilities while her Absorb is active. Psychic bolts is the only one that had any practical casting use during it, but her new #3 might, depending on what it does. If you use Mind Control during it those enemy aren't attacking you to build damage. If you use Chaos during it, then either the enemies aren't attacking you any more OR they are and the Chaos was pointless since they aren't attacking each other (I'm not sure which one has priority aggro in that situation).

Edited by (PS4)Riko_113