Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee 3.0 Quick Melee concerns

KaizergidorahXi

What will become of weapons that are more used for quick melee with the new system? For example, Sparring weapons are more sued for their quick melee to do rapid damage, instead of relying on the slow awkward combos. With the new system fully equipping combos upon pressing the quick melee button, will we have the option to turn this off, and continue using the quick melee attacks?

13 hours ago, KaizergidorahXi said:

What will become of weapons that are more used for quick melee with the new system? For example, Sparring weapons are more sued for their quick melee to do rapid damage, instead of relying on the slow awkward combos. With the new system fully equipping combos upon pressing the quick melee button, will we have the option to turn this off, and continue using the quick melee attacks?

Well good for you, combos are also being changed and are supposed to be more fluid and not based on spamming E anymore.

1 hour ago, KaizergidorahXi said:

Yet stances such as Brutal Tide still have extremely slow and clunky attacks unless you use the quick melee.

And they know that. It the exact reason why THEY WON'T EXIST LIKE HOW THEY ARE. Brutal Tide will NOT have the same combos and animation it has now, they've even shown what some stance combos will look like, and they're so much better. Saying that the stances are bad now means nothing of substances since we know ALL stances are gonna be different and not rely on spamming E for combos anymore and have more fluid animation.

i don't care about combos. they're getting reworked, that's fine by me. the problem i have with the disappearance of quick melee is in relation to keybindings and quickly switching back to primary/secondary.

currently to open a container (for instance), i use quick melee to throw one swing and pop it open. quick and automatic switch back to ranged weapon.

with melee 3.0 and automatic switch to full melee, they mentioned clicking fire button to switch back to ranged. so what am i gonna do ? shoot myself in the face with my zarr ? kinda seems like a bad idea to me. but that wouldn't work anyway, cause i insist on having all major repetitive actions on my mouse and it doesnt have 57 buttons. left hand is for (all) movement and consumables only. so my fire button is also my channeling button (getting replaced with heavy attack in melee 3.0).

in melee 3.0 that means that either i can't quickly switch back to ranged, or i lose heavy attack and potentially shoot myself in the face. great - or maybe not, i have my doubts.