Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are PS4 controllers easy to use?

Fr0styB0i

It's all really a matter of getting comfortable with your chosen device.  That and using the in-game button configuration to make a layout that works for you.  

As for how easy or hard it is to use a PS4 controller or any controller is really personal preference.  For example, I play better and with more comfort than I ever will with KB/Mouse.  But as I said, that's a personal preference thing.  

Here's a link below to the forum topic all about controllers and Warframe.

Ps4 controllers are easy, I find their compact nature superior to the Xbox's, to me the asymmetrical nature of the sticks looks weird.

And then there's the Steam Controller... Where the right stick isn't actually a stick but a horrible touchpad. Absolutely do not try and play a shooter game with a Steam Controller unless you're a masochist. 

28 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Ps4 controllers are easy, I find their compact nature superior to the Xbox's, to me the asymmetrical nature of the sticks looks weird.

And then there's the Steam Controller... Where the right stick isn't actually a stick but a horrible touchpad. Absolutely do not try and play a shooter game with a Steam Controller unless you're a masochist. 

Yes, I agree. But I just thought when moving the camera in an FPS when reloading at the same time (pretty crap example.) Is it hard? I just think that I mean personally PC player for all my life and have no experience with consoles whatsoever so that's why I am asking this question!

Just now, Fr0styB0i said:

Yes, I agree. But I just thought when moving the camera in an FPS when reloading at the same time (pretty crap example.) Is it hard? I just think that I mean personally PC player for all my life and have no experience with consoles whatsoever so that's why I am asking this question!

It's never bothered me, but I can see where you're coming.

However it really only takes a fraction of a second to move your thumb over to the reload button and back again, don't forget that in that sort of situation, there's no real ''need'' to aim. If you intend to reload then it's because either you can't shoot, or you don't need to shoot, in either situation losing the ability to move your camera for a brief moment is not an issue.

That applies to most of the functions performed by the buttons on the right, imo, and is also a problem for the Xbox controller which has the camera stick in the same place.

Regardless, no it's not an issue once you get used to it.

18 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

It's never bothered me, but I can see where you're coming.

However it really only takes a fraction of a second to move your thumb over to the reload button and back again, don't forget that in that sort of situation, there's no real ''need'' to aim. If you intend to reload then it's because either you can't shoot, or you don't need to shoot, in either situation losing the ability to move your camera for a brief moment is not an issue.

That applies to most of the functions performed by the buttons on the right, imo, and is also a problem for the Xbox controller which has the camera stick in the same place.

Regardless, no it's not an issue once you get used to it.

Thank you for being such a great help!