Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I will pay $1000 for a proper first-person mode

auxy

I think the #1 thing WF is lacking is immersion. Hard to get immersed when you're looking at your character on screen.

I'm just saying. This game goes FAST. Who doesn't like to FAST? And first-person would make it feel even more FAST.

1 hour ago, auxy said:

With first-person rolls and immersive camera motion.

As I always say on this kind of threads...get Destreza with Vulpine mask, splap on all the attack speed mods including Berserker, perform the Hidden Flourish Combo 10 times in a row (with Berserker on), no breaks in between and if you don't get dizzy I will give you a cookie.

warframe isn't Destiny.. and most movements and fightstyle are not possible from 1st person.. so no... i don't wanna warframe in 1st person. 1st person is for shooters, and you just can shoot out of a 1st persons view. but you can't fight with melee (except a punsh or something like that.. nothing as we have in warframe)

49 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

As I always say on this kind of threads...get Destreza with Vulpine mask, splap on all the attack speed mods including Berserker, perform the Hidden Flourish Combo 10 times in a row (with Berserker on), no breaks in between and if you don't get dizzy I will give you a cookie.

I guess you are new to action games! There is nothing slightly disorienting about this.

43 minutes ago, (PS4)NewcastleDisease said:

warframe isn't Destiny.. and most movements and fightstyle are not possible from 1st person.. so no... i don't wanna warframe in 1st person. 1st person is for shooters, and you just can shoot out of a 1st persons view. but you can't fight with melee (except a punsh or something like that.. nothing as we have in warframe)

You too! There are lots of great first-person games that are not strictly shooters. Maybe you have heard of a little series called The Elder Scrolls? If that's not ringing a bell, you could also check out the awesome first-person melee combat in Mirror's Edge: Catalyst, Shadow Warrior 2, or Dark Messiah of Might and Magic.

6 minutes ago, Ada_Wong_SG said:

Vomit-inducing simulator. Throwing up after bullet jumping and rushing to the evacuation.

Welcome to the exciting world of action games! (*'▽') I hope you find some other titles that you enjoy.

1 hour ago, auxy said:

Welcome to the exciting world of action games! (*'▽') I hope you find some other titles that you enjoy.

The warframe will go through 360 degrees rotation during a bullet jump, fancy that on a VR headset and you have to repeatedly spam bullet jumps
to get to the evacuation.

Try watching this speed up 2x on a VR headset.

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG

2 minutes ago, Ada_Wong_SG said:

The warframe will go through 360 degrees rotation during a bullet jump, fancy that on a VR headset and you have to repeatedly spam bullet jumps
to get to the evacuation.

1. I was never talking about VR. Just a first-person mode. It's mainly for immersion.
  2. There's no problem with the movements in Warframe in first-person mode. There are many games which have done similar things.
  3. Even in VR, it isn't an issue. I have many hours in DCS in VR. I also played the entirety of RE7 front-to-back in one sitting in VR.
  4. It would be an option in any case.

This whole thing of "it would be disorienting/nauseous/etc" is just silly.

19 minutes ago, auxy said:
  1. I was never talking about VR. Just a first-person mode. It's mainly for immersion.
  2. There's no problem with the movements in Warframe in first-person mode. There are many games which have done similar things.
  3. Even in VR, it isn't an issue. I have many hours in DCS in VR. I also played the entirety of RE7 front-to-back in one sitting in VR.
  4. It would be an option in any case.

This whole thing of "it would be disorienting/nauseous/etc" is just silly.

I am particularly keen for Warframe with VR because
Adding using motion control for free-form melee attack instead of locking down to stances.
as well as motion control for guns and actually using your hand swing to toss shurikens.

The draw speed on bows would be as fast as you could nock and draw.

This might seems strange for starter, but using motion control instead of mouse can 
rapidly change target to shoot more precisely. 

as well as thrusting for the weak spots on enemy and linking melee attack with motion control input.

Since with actual sword control you can attack an enemy in front and rapidly thrust towards your side/ back
and take out bystanding enemies.

Then again I keep hearing from people that even when drawing in 3Ds max my control of the camera 
is enough to make graphic designer feels like vomiting.

Just maybe for me I am not actually visually processing everything 
but things kind of got mentally processed.

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG

vor 2 Stunden schrieb auxy:

You too! There are lots of great first-person games that are not strictly shooters. Maybe you have heard of a little series called The Elder Scrolls? If that's not ringing a bell, you could also check out the awesome first-person melee combat in Mirror's Edge: Catalyst, Shadow Warrior 2, or Dark Messiah of Might and Magic.

and what lags on all of this games?

motion. but this is a key feature in warframe. the ability to move fast in every direction, hit, jump, fire, slide, hit... can't be done this fast in 1st person. and thats a problem in all of this games. 1st person is a total diffrent playstyle, which is not made for games like warframe. it would become like borderlands or destiny (which are not bad at all - they are just totally diffrent - you just jump around and fire, sometime kill with knife, but normally fire). the 3rd person is what makes warframe fdiffrent and - for me - feel better than the other games. ok. and gamelore i just cool 😄

14 minutes ago, Ada_Wong_SG said:

I am particularly keen for Warframe with VR because
Adding using motion control for free-form melee attack instead of locking down to stances.
as well as motion control for guns and actually using your hand swing to toss shurikens.

The draw speed on bows would be as fast as you could nock and draw.

This might seems strange for starter, but using motion control instead of mouse can 
rapidly change target to shoot more precisely. 

as well as thrusting for the weak spots on enemy and linking melee attack with motion control input.

Since with actual sword control you can attack an enemy in front and rapidly thrust towards your side/ back
and take out bystanding enemies.

Then again I keep hearing from people that even when drawing in 3Ds max my control of the camera 
is enough to make graphic designer feels like vomiting.

Just maybe for me I am not actually visually processing everything 
but things kind of got mentally processed.

Even if Warframe VR becomes a thing, this will never happen. Except the aiming for guns.

Custom Melee goes against Stances, custom draw and reload on bows goes against fire mods. So this'd produce a disconnect between the experiences of VR and non-VR.

Well the thing is the devs themselves said "nope, not interested, not happening". I mean never say never and all that jazz, but still, I don't see proper first person being a thing ever in Warframe. Would be a TON of work for the devs, and there are so many mechanics already in the game that aren't first person friendly to begin with, not to mention they're always spread thin working on too much stuff at the same time anyway, so...

5 hours ago, auxy said:

With first-person rolls and immersive camera motion. (Play GTA V on PC to get what I'm talking about.)

Make it happen DE. (*'▽')

I might be drunk

3 hours ago, auxy said:

I guess you are new to action games! There is nothing slightly disorienting about this.

OP is very clearly trolling.