Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I will pay $1000 for a proper first-person mode

auxy

2 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Even if Warframe VR becomes a thing, this will never happen. Except the aiming for guns.

Custom Melee goes against Stances, custom draw and reload on bows goes against fire mods. So this'd produce a disconnect between the experiences of VR and non-VR.

VR would make a very different game for warframe going for full potential.

Though this means players no longer need mods like Fury or Berserker since physical input would determine the speed.
This means player with more martial arts weapon training is going to out-perform most player, 
at the same time getting 1000 kills by swinging a sword for 20-30 minute can be a tiring task

Firearms accuracy being affected by physical strength since prolonged aiming of gun even with just the controller 
can attribute to physical fatigue. and firing "standing unsupported" can become a pain after you have been actively
shooting enemies for past 20 minutes.

players might go for kneeling supported or even prone.

Melee weapon and Bow has the most user-related mastery, since unlike guns which is basically standing stance and grip.
Melee and bow would require actual user input in terms of stroke position and speed of cut, 
as well as dexterity.

Fancy motion control input would mean master archer and novice player would not be bound by Mastery Rank or even mod ranks, 
but actually years of practice.

2 hours ago, Ada_Wong_SG said:

VR would make a very different game for warframe going for full potential.

Though this means players no longer need mods like Fury or Berserker since physical input would determine the speed.
This means player with more martial arts weapon training is going to out-perform most player, 
at the same time getting 1000 kills by swinging a sword for 20-30 minute can be a tiring task

Firearms accuracy being affected by physical strength since prolonged aiming of gun even with just the controller 
can attribute to physical fatigue. and firing "standing unsupported" can become a pain after you have been actively
shooting enemies for past 20 minutes.

players might go for kneeling supported or even prone.

Melee weapon and Bow has the most user-related mastery, since unlike guns which is basically standing stance and grip.
Melee and bow would require actual user input in terms of stroke position and speed of cut, 
as well as dexterity.

Fancy motion control input would mean master archer and novice player would not be bound by Mastery Rank or even mod ranks, 
but actually years of practice.

Much as I find Lars Andersen's archery amazing, and recognise the potential of such an idea, it's just not feasible for DE to do. For this to be implemented, Warframe would have to fundamentally change several systems based on whether or not the player was or was not in VR. Warframe is still an indie game remember. 

Problem with the 1rst person is how it would mix with the parkour system. First person shooters have always lacked the movement capabilities that games in 3rd person view can deliver, and warframe nails that here. Even when they do try it, it either looks awkward or forces the camera to 3rd person until the animation is done. That’s another thing, the developers spend a lot of time designing the motions and animations of various movements and melee stances. It would be exceedingly difficult to try to put all that in 1rst person perspective. Furthermore, fashionframe. You can’t see your cool stuff that well in 1rst person! Unless you do what destiny does where you emote or go to your inventory to see your stuff but that’s terrible 

hace 7 horas, Ada_Wong_SG dijo:

The warframe will go through 360 degrees rotation during a bullet jump, fancy that on a VR headset and you have to repeatedly spam bullet jumps
to get to the evacuation.

Try watching this speed up 2x on a VR headset.

Oh I love that. Too slow though. 

Personally, I would enjoy so much a first person view of parkour, bullet jumping and full speed meeleeing

12 hours ago, auxy said:

With first-person rolls and immersive camera motion. (Play GTA V on PC to get what I'm talking about.)

Make it happen DE. (*'▽')

I might be drunk

There was game called amazing eternalls and de cancelled it

(Alchohol will destroy you dont drink too much)

I would like a First Person mode for relays and Cetus, i think going over the market and talking to npcs in first person would help getting more into the game.

Imagine you go to the new fortuna in first person and check out all the corners of that new city and talk to (hopefully) very interesting new npcs.

Edited by oscilloscopa

Yeah nah

I just dont think itd work.  You need a larger FOV for this style of gameplay, 1st person just cant do that.  Its a hoard shooter/melee-er (lol) and there are too many enemies around and too much fast movement required to properly play in FPV.  I mean if im meeleeing is that spelt right?  hitting things with my weapon in front of me in 3rd person view, i can see if there is something behind me (theres always something behind you) all i need to do is pull back on the left thumbstick (yes console player, shoot me) and my character spins around to face them.

If i was in 1st person mode, i couldnt see what was behind me, and with movement speed of some enemies, by the time i turned around theyd probably have moved and still be behind me.  Its too slow and the direction changes and speed in which this game needs to be played are too much for FPV to work, imo.

The whole game would need to be redesigned.  I do agree 1st person is a more immersive experience and i tend to enjoy it more on most games.  I just dont think itd work here.

EDIT  wow, i said i dont think itd work a few times didnt i haha

Edited by (PS4)brettles1983

14 hours ago, auxy said:

With first-person rolls and immersive camera motion. (Play GTA V on PC to get what I'm talking about.)

Make it happen DE. (*'▽')

I might be drunk

then go play a different game this isnt for you it has been marketed as 3rd person from day one so to come here expecting and even demanding 1st person from a 3rd person shooter.  borders on certifiably crazy.  it is like me going to taco bell and demanding they sell me a bigmac

hace 13 horas, auxy dijo:
  1. I was never talking about VR. Just a first-person mode. It's mainly for immersion.
  2. There's no problem with the movements in Warframe in first-person mode. There are many games which have done similar things.
  3. Even in VR, it isn't an issue. I have many hours in DCS in VR. I also played the entirety of RE7 front-to-back in one sitting in VR.
  4. It would be an option in any case.

This whole thing of "it would be disorienting/nauseous/etc" is just silly.

... you are comparing RE with warframe , wow .... at the speed (and shaky movements) the game has , you would get sick in minutes of gameplay ("There are many games which have done similar things." there is absolute no FPS that has the speed and movement of warframe ... absolute zero ) . And no ,  cant be just an option , for the amount of work that it will take it need to be a "valid option" .

"This whole thing of "it would be disorienting/nauseous/etc" is just silly"

Silly its that a person open a thread about the same topic that dozens in the past ... all with the same answer/end .