Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there any frame that is good for all over mission and solo?

Lixon99

Question

My personal favourite all-arounders at the moment are Limbo, Nezha and Mesa. 

Limbo is a psuedo-tank whose ability to enter the rift allows him to laugh in the face of all danger, but he can have problems in fighting bosses. He excels most in defence and spy missions.   

Nezha is a more flexible in that he can tank damage with his halo, move around quickly with his 1 and 2, cleanse status with 1 and heal and replenish energy with 2, and hard cc with 4. While his capacity to tank is much weaker then Rhino's, if you are able to move fast and hit fast enough, you should be able to minimise the amount of damage you can potentially get. I prefer Nezha for rescue, capture or sabotage missions mostly.

Mesa is the pure DPS, her 2 is a good CC when you are just wanting to run past enemies, her 3 gives her good tanking power, and her 4 is a kill-all button. I most prefer Mesa for boss fights.

There's no universal 'good' frame since all have their strengths and weaknesses; some are good in certain missions but weaker in others, especially at higher levels. This forces you to have more than one frame and adapt given the situation. Of course it also depends on your loadout weapons, certain weapons can make some missions a breeze.

I'd suggest the following frames depending on mission types and playstyle:

Defense/Mobile Defense - Frost, Gara, Limbo, Octavia

Spy - Loki, Ivara, Ash, Limbo

Exterminate/Capture/Sabotage - Any frame really

Interception - Any frame although defense ones have an advantage since they can lock down the area

Solo tanky frames - Rhino, Inaros, Nidus

Solo stealth frames - Loki, Ivara

If you want 3 newbie friendly frames that can help with dealing with almost anything then I suggest Frost, Rhino and Loki. Can't go wrong with those.

1 hour ago, Lixon99 said:

I been wondering if there any frame that good at all mission and solo.

Or try all of the frames by your self like everyone else did? This type of posts piss me off the most bc everyone tells hes/hers fav frame for x mission instead of OP deciding what fits his/hers playstyle and what frame performs well enought to be used by simply playing the game ,again as everyone else did.

1 hour ago, Elanair said:

If you want 3 newbie friendly frames that can help with dealing with almost anything then I suggest Frost, Rhino and Loki. Can't go wrong with those.

I agreed with 99% of your post except for Loki as a newbie friendly frame. He was so newbie unfriendly that DE removed him from his starter frame status and put him on a higher difficulty planet. A new player would be hard pressed to get themselves to Neptune and take out the hyena pack solo. Loki is great, but they might have an easier time forgoing the stealth frame and picking up Vakyr instead.  Unless plat purchase is the option of course lol

Oberon can be used in many ways - his abilities allow him to turn mobs against each other due to radiation damage and he can heal himself. His 2nd is my favourite - can cover large areas and reset status effects on you and teammates while constantly irradiating mobs. And most important you can get Oberon very easily by doing alerts and void fissures.

I cleared all planets except Eris and some missions on Sedna and Void using Oberon with no reactor. If you're new player then Oberon is easiest to get all around good frame. His only drawback is his slow sprinting speed.

38 minutes ago, Nephalem said:

Or try all of the frames by your self like everyone else did? This type of posts piss me off the most bc everyone tells hes/hers fav frame for x mission instead of OP deciding what fits his/hers playstyle and what frame performs well enought to be used by simply playing the game ,again as everyone else did.

There is nothing wrong with a player asking opinions on the forums. A lot of players will give solid answers, not just their favorite frames. Some players favorite frame might be because they are able to do multiple mission types with that frame showcasing that it is more versatile than it might originally be perceived. If this type of post upsets you, then simple ignore it and move on while letting the rest of us genuinely try to help. Yes they should try all frames, and they likely will in due time. A post like this helps new players who might not grasp which frame is good for what just from a simple glance in the market. 

2 hours ago, Lixon99 said:

I been wondering if there any frame that good at all mission and solo.

Valkyre Prime bruh. Easy to get. You Get valkyre first, somewhere in the beginning of the star charts, then wait till you get relics that contain the prime version.
Go to your codex station infront of your ship, go to treasures which can be found on the second tab. Search by valkyre, and it will show you all the relics needed to unlock the prime parts.
I suggest you do this super soon, like in now!! cause the prime version is going to the vault and being taking out so you cant farm her. She is going into the vault 25 September 2018. So hurry guy, even if someone has to taxi you, help you, do what you need to do.

Its trendemere from league of legends but on steroids.
Need a boss dead? no problem push 4.
Need to tank damage from a whole tileset? no problem, push 4
Need to revive someone while level 100's on are on you, cool push 4.
Need to out dps
Need to steal life back

Your only counter is nullifers.

With her, you can beat everything the game can throw at you. besides the 4th ability "Die another day" Your pretty tanky already, and can be modded even tankier.
Whats nice is you dont have to mod the warframe for damage, because you can mod her Talons exalted weapon separately.

Limbo has a gemic, you can roll into parallel dimension like the upside down world from "Stranger Things" Enemy can see you, you can see enemy, but cant hurt each other, unless you use his abilities. So you can Run through a mission, nothing stops you, but camera's can still spot you. He is squishy. If you dont have the mods for him, its gonna suck, if you do have mods for him, then yeah, you can Freeze and entire zone like faceless void from dota, and just do what you want.

Frost great defense guy, it says snow globe, but its actually an bubble that has health points, where you can shoot out but no one can shoot in, and any enemies inside will be slow. Read up on tricks to make the bubble stronger, there is a few.

Rihno is a tank, that can become invincible but actually its just another layer of hp known as iron skin. So its damage mitigation not invincible, he is easy to get, people love him but for me even though he is tough, i didnt like using him because, okay im tough, but i still lack dmg unless my weapons become all that and a bag of chips.

Valkyre 4th ability, makes her immune to damage, and gives her dps boost, and life steal. So you fight till low, press 4 until you healthy and everything is dead, then carry on as normal.

Edited by mflames

1 hour ago, (PS4)Kamranos said:

I agreed with 99% of your post except for Loki as a newbie friendly frame. He was so newbie unfriendly that DE removed him from his starter frame status and put him on a higher difficulty planet. A new player would be hard pressed to get themselves to Neptune and take out the hyena pack solo. Loki is great, but they might have an easier time forgoing the stealth frame and picking up Vakyr instead.  Unless plat purchase is the option of course lol

Agreed that he wasn't very newb friendly when he was a starter frame but that was because you could get him immediately and most, if not all, new players didn't even knew that they had to upgrade mods to be efficient or that they had to equip their ability mods which punished them even more if they made mistakes. Which led to a lot of new players running with a Loki that didn't even have his invisibility equipped. Good times! 🤣 

Ahem, but now, given that he can be acquired way later it gives ample time for new players to learn the ropes and have a good grasp of modding and abilities (no more need to equip ability mods) which were really the main reason why new players were bad with him, Loki is a simple frame but you need to know how to mod him properly. Plus lets not forget that the only other alternative stealth frames for spy missions are Ash and Ivara which I consider a bit more difficult to get than Loki, with Loki you simply need to unlock Neptune and join some randoms in taking down the Hyena Pack. Plus I added him as a suggestion because he is perfect for spy missions and Rhino is already pretty decent as a solo tanky frame so no need to have Rhino and Valkyr to fill in the same role (can switch Rhino for Valkyr though, although Rhino can be acquired more quickly) when you're at the very beginning because of limited slots. Of course, new players can always buy Loki with plat  but I highly discourage that since you can get him for free and you can spend the plat on slots.

I often see a lot of new players say that they don't have enough warframe/weapon slots when starting out, reason why I suggested the 3 warframes from my original post, they are very easy to use and can help with completing any mission on the star map without much difficulty while only requiring 3 frame slots: Frost - defense/interception/mobile defense, Rhino - tanky solo, Loki - spy and solo etc. 

Hope that sheds some light regarding my reasons. ^^

51 minutes ago, mflames said:

The meta in my opinion right now is who ever can blow up the tileset the fastest, or more or less most players are gearing towards that.
So its hard to want to control mobs when they can be blown up instead.

Solo mission? and i edit so they cant atk the mob you control but if de wont do this then just go for solo mission

10 hours ago, Nephalem said:

Relax buddy, he's brand new to the game, and he's probably new to the genre which Warframe belongs to. Lots of other games encourage the concept of "main" classes or characters, and it's easy to assume that Warframe has something similar when you're starting out.

Rhino and Frost are available fairly early in the game and can cover almost every game mode. Frost is the more defensive option (for Defense/Mobile Defense/Interception) while Rhino is good at keeping you alive and you can simply press 3 for more damage.

More specialized frames can be better for specific tasks but often need a good selection of mods not available early on unless you spend a couple hundred platinum on mods and Endo. Rhino and Frost are already fairly sturdy if you just have halfranked basic mods and are straightforward to play. A big issue for new players is their lack of energy and health regeneration so frames that have a decent balance of shields and health/armor help a great deal in just getting through the early stages. Rhino and Frost deliver just that.

Here's my 2 cents. 

My favorite is Hydroid prime. I've seen inaros mentioned, and he's really good too because u can get over 6k health on him. But... When running solo, you have to be able to take out enemies one on one and as hordes. Mesa is one frame I haven't played with, but ik enough about it to say it's a boss killer. And ok at hordes. But here's how I see Hydroid as being one of the best solo/all around frames.

Here is Hydroid primes first qualifier: I just ran the first 2 missions of a sortie solo with it. An ext and a spy. I ran the arca plasmor and gram as heavy. Arca plasmor with a radiation build, doing close to 12k rad dmg with No forma. Arca was one shot killing almost everything on the first mission, ext, and only big bosses on the second mission, spy, took more than 1. Now, hydroids powers are:

1. A meteor shower of water bombs that knockdown and damage enemies in AoE. Can hold and charge up to increase dmg/effect area. This ability is SWEET if you have a melee with high finishing damage. Enemies are constantly knocked down and you can spam finishing strikes. Not boss killer but good at everything else bc of finishing dmg capability. 

Ability 2: water rush. Basically, blast urself forward, damaging, knocking down, or even killing enemies in ur path. U can't be knocked down during this and is a nice way to extricate urself if caught in lots of enemies and can't get out normally. 

Ability 3: melted butter pool. Basically u become a pool of water on the ground. U can't get hurt, and u can move so ever slowly around the ground towards enemies or plant urself in a path and let them run over u. An enemy enveloped in ur pool is damaged as long as they stay in ur puddle of ur frame. You can then activate ur 4th ability, tentacle swarm, that then spawn out of only ur puddle. So as ur a puddle u can use ur tentacle swarm ability as well for increased damage. 

4th ability: tentacle swarm. You can charge this ability to create a larger AoE with increased # of tentacles. More tentacles More enemies they can trap. Enemies that run into the tentacles are caught and flung about while being dealt relatively massive dmg. They can't shoot. They cant melee. They can only be flung about while u laugh at their stupidity for being caught and getting the loot as they die. I can run a interception mission (lvl 20 Enemies or so) solo and hold 3 plates because on one I use tentacles swarm. Other I use the water meteors, and the last I clear with weapons, and I continuously just run between each plate killing mobs, keeping plate at 100%, then go to next plate and reset all abilities. 

So first qualifier is he can run higher missions solo (as my sortie ext and spy prove). Second is he can control mobs super well. Third is he allows you to play missions solo that normally would be very difficult, near impossible without at least 2 players. Sort of 4th, he can become invicible like limbo by going into a puddle (which honestly has a very slow energy drain while active) while still being able to deal decent damage, which is increased when casting tentacle swarm too. I have just a flow mod and have max 450 energy rn. With zenerick focus group u can spam abilities forever. 

Here's downsides in my mind: somewhat lower health and shield than some other warfraness. With max reg vital, redirection, and vigor, I'm at 1500 shield and about 870 health. U gotta watch that health bar sometimes. Doesn't run very fast too. However, bc of his tentacle swarm ability, if u need a rest from enemies, I can find a dead end hallway, run to one end and put tentacles at door or far end. No one will be able to hurt u if placed properly and u can regen shields or health if u have aura for health. 

Ik that's a lot and I apologize for length, but no one's done very detailed reasons why they like theirs better, so there's mine. I've played with about half the frames out there and Hydroid is by far my favorite. Thanks

Limbo is good at defense, survival, and even rescue. So that covers a lot. However he is also very gimmicky, and you may not like him.

If you want something for starchart: Rhino, Oberon, Nezha, Mesa, Inaros.Gara,  Basicly you want something tanky, which can take a beating, some form of cc also help.

For defensive type missions: Limbo, Frost, Gara Maybe Khora. Something to cover the payload.

Rescue: Oberon, Limbo, Gara, Trinity (something to heal the target)

Exterminate and Survival are free choice. Whatever you like.

Spy: Loki, Ivara, Ash, Nova.

If you build your library then Loki, Rhino, Frost would really cover a lot of needs.

However there could be modes when some other frames are better. Like Zephyr/Nova good for Bounties, Trinity, Oberon, Volt good for Eidelons, Saryn, Mesa, Equinox, Volt good for ESO, and so on. It is hard to nail everything with one hammer.

Edited by felixsylvaris

Guess it really depends on if you want/need stealth for Spy missions. 

For everything but Spy Khora is pretty solid and with the Accumulated Whipclaw it's actually possible to assemble one build that can DPS as well as have respectable CC. Where previously you pretty much had to sacrifice one for the other. 

course if you have your Operator unlocked you can always use them for the sneak portion of Spy missions. 

That said Ivara is actually pretty competent at a lot of mission types even tho she is frequently relegated to Spy. She has some OK CC with the sleep arrow depending on how you build her and Artimis Bow can dish out a lot of DPS. So she could be a fairly decent all allarounder. 

Personally I like Titania her 1 is ok "emergency" CC and while the rest of her kit is kinda meh, Razorwing is pretty darn great for most situations where you want things dead. Razorwing is kinda like Mesas Peacemaker..... except Razorwing is fun. 

4 hours ago, Oreades said:

That said Ivara is actually pretty competent at a lot of mission types even tho she is frequently relegated to Spy. She has some OK CC with the sleep arrow depending on how you build her and Artimis Bow can dish out a lot of DPS. So she could be a fairly decent all allarounder. 

Finally, some one else noticed this.  

As a mostly solo player that has played over 2 years, I can say with complete confidence that Ivara is probably the best solo frame in the game.  

The only mission type that she really has problems with solo is Defection.  

9 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

As a mostly solo player that has played over 2 years, I can say with complete confidence that Ivara is probably the best solo frame in the game

She is very good.  Can be modded for different playstyles.  I prefer to have my invisibilty last as long as possible so i mod around that.  She sure does get relegated to SPY often, but there isnt too much she cant do.  If they cant see you, how do they kill you?

I take her to quite a few nodes when im soloing.  She is too slow for me in squads.  

For ease of use i run an Iron skin Rhino build.  Activate skin, go to sleep. occasionally pop roar for some more damage.

Valkyr is also good for set and forget runs with her eternal warcry build, pair that with something like Hirudos and she wont die too easily, and will slice most content like a frog in a blender.

If im going into a random mission and dont know what to expect, id take Valkyr or Rhino or Trinity  (Because i only have 5 frames and out of those these are my best bets for a "could be anything" sort of run).  

It's usually based on opinion about what frame you usually like to play. All frames are capable of solo play with the correct modding, etc. 

One's I recommend 

-Loki because his stealth is good for spy

-Rhino Stomp and Iron Skin

-Ivara

-Everything Else 😛