Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost

Jorrejong

So i have been enjoying frost but i ran into something that is kinda weird to me,

whenever i am on a planet that deals damage due to being outside in the cold i get dmg.

But when i pop a snow globe wich is basically the same S#&$ even with a storm inside it i dont.

What is up with that?

I understand its a game mechanic u cant stay outside too long but shouldnt frost be able to since he is kind of an ice user himself and cold dmg shhould not really be aplied on him?

Ember still get's hurt by fire, her passive involves it.

Chroma doesn't take less or no damage to his current type.

Nidus isn't immune from taking damage from Infested.

Revenant still takes damage from Sentients.

And I can probably list more, but it makes sense that Frames do take damage even if they are of a certain type.

I would go into detail but since your an Initiate I don't think you have done either The Second Dream, The War Within or The Sacrifice.

So just deal with a simple game mechanic for now, it really does make sense.

Have a splended day!

28 minutes ago, Jorrejong said:

So i have been enjoying frost but i ran into something that is kinda weird to me,

whenever i am on a planet that deals damage due to being outside in the cold i get dmg.

But when i pop a snow globe wich is basically the same S#&$ even with a storm inside it i dont.

What is up with that?

Did you know that in Antarctica , wile the outside temperature may reach -70ºc wile inside an Iglu which is made of pure snow the temperature is usually at a stable 0ºc?

I can tell personal point of view on how skills work.

I imagine that warframes use kind of void energy that places personal imprint on Skills. It gives Skills basic properties that form energy into skills without dissipating, and data for what skills may or may not target/do. 

May be said that is the reason for skills working inside Limbo or Nullifier's shield have abiluty to nullify by disrupting that imprint. 

So Frost, for example, can ignore dmg from his own icy skills because of that imprint, and do not have any immunity from the begging. 

• 2 weeks later...

I wrote about this same topic. And to rubaxy. That's not the reason. DE is to lazy to separate each warframes powers and nullify just a specific type of dmg. The void energy explanation doesn't fit cuz embers head is on fire. Her passive is getting energy from fire. But she dies by fire. Makes no dam sense void or no void, it's a load of crap that cold kills frost fire kills ember electricity kills volt poised kills sarin etc. Enemies have elemental resistances. How the fronknard warframes mysteriously don't have this ability. 

21 minutes ago, (PS4)MOGREASE said:

I wrote about this same topic. And to rubaxy. That's not the reason. DE is to lazy to separate each warframes powers and nullify just a specific type of dmg. The void energy explanation doesn't fit cuz embers head is on fire. Her passive is getting energy from fire. But she dies by fire. Makes no dam sense void or no void, it's a load of crap that cold kills frost fire kills ember electricity kills volt poised kills sarin etc. Enemies have elemental resistances. How the fronknard warframes mysteriously don't have this ability. 

To keep some sense of balance. Adding elemental resistance/immunity doesn't really benefit any of the elemental frames, except for Saryn since it would make her the DE facto infested frame.

1 hour ago, (PS4)MOGREASE said:

DE is to lazy

Yeah, that must be it. It's not because it'd be unbalanced, or nonsensical.

Warframes are not elemental spirits or anything, they are (in regards to this) merely tools
that channel Void Energy into different shapes that may or may not resemble "real" things.
Having a measure of control over Void Energy shaped into e.g. "fire" does not automatically make a Frame immune to all fire.

Balance. Rhino u press a button and u immune to everything. How would this be un balanced. And no void energy crap. Embers head is on fire literally on fire. She is immune to fire. Frost makes his own down snow globe but doesn't take dmg but he takes cold dmg other places. There's no excuse for this. U can spout void crap all day but end of the day it's crap. And let's not talk about balance when Octavia exist ok. Having ember immune to fire will not do anything to the game except make it make sense. 

Edited by (PS4)MOGREASE

9 minutes ago, (PS4)MOGREASE said:

Balance. Rhino u press a button and u immune to everything. How would this be un balanced.

Because only the "elemental" Frames would receive this buff.
Plus we don't face all elemental damage evenly, most of it is Toxin,
so Saryn would gain a ridiculously massive buff compared to e.g. Frost.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)MOGREASE said:

And no void energy crap. Embers head is on fire literally on fire.

... there is an energy effect on her Prime head that looks like fire.

That's it. Let it go.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)MOGREASE said:

Frost makes his own down snow globe but doesn't take dmg but he takes cold dmg other places. There's no excuse for this.

I gave you an excuse explanation, if that's not an acceptable one for you, I don't know what else to tell you.

It's something that I've asked myself whenever I play elemental based frames as well. They should have those innate resistances and should even be boosted to some extent. Even Nekros doesn't truly benefit from all the death around him in a meaningful way. Its just one of those things you ignore much like Archwings underwater on Uranus vs Archwings underwater in POE, Infested interception etc. 

Edited by Azrael_V

3 hours ago, Azrael_V said:

Even Nekros doesn't truly benefit from all the death around him in a meaningful way.

What do you mean?

Nekros gains Health from enemies dying near him,
produces additional loot from dead enemies
and fuels his ult by killing enemies.

I'd say death seems to be meaningful enough to him. *shrug*

2 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

What do you mean?

Nekros gains Health from enemies dying near him,
produces additional loot from dead enemies
and fuels his ult by killing enemies.

I'd say death seems to be meaningful enough to him. *shrug*

O yes. Health orbs, loot and summoning paper copies of the enemies he has killed. Thats our Necromancer for you. *shrug*