Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

war prime

(PSN)wolf-MAN010

#1. War wasn't created until the second dream. As such, it would not have been during the orikin era. The orikin era would be where the primes come from. That's why there used to be "Void Keys". Because the void was supposed to be left over orikin era stuff. 

#2. This would also not be tenno built. Which means, no prime. 

The only time I could see it becoming more powerful is if you somehow got an upgrade from a sentient. 

Edited by DarthBane1

33 minutes ago, Raqiya said:

Will never happen.

"Never" is a word that is perpetually begging to be challenged...

Warframe lore is so open to possibility that I wouldn't rule anything out.

EX: "War was born from an ancient Orokin design used by the most elite of Dex warriors, but twisted by centuries of hate held by the Sentients and fueled by the Stalker's rage.  War Prime is the 'true form' of this 2-handed weapon that once cut a swath of justice and order across the Orokin Empire."

^There, I just rationalized the existence of a new Prime weapon.

But, on the topic of priming weapons... Will we ever see a primed versions of the weapons used by the shadow stalker? I mean, he's a tenno. Dread, Despair and Hate could be from him, too, or could even be older. He's a tenno, a fallen one, but still. And he's hunting other tennos. Maybe that he was in the side of the Orokins, and since we're part a reason why they are extinct... It wouldn't be that far stretched to think that the Orokins might have wanted to give the Stalker better weapon, for their best assassin ( if he was their ally. While reading the lore, I have thus feeling. ) Primed versions of the one he is using, and in term of lore, it could easily be "found" in a derelict, abandoned, once thought lost. I think we have a better chance to get his version primed than his War. ( Also we already have a primed bow that deals Impact, a Primed bow that deals Puncture, and if I'm not mistaken, we still don't have a primed bow for slash. And HO GOD I would like a probe version of Dread. ) 

Edited by mikakor

31 minutes ago, (PS4)TheRallykiller said:

"Never" is a word that is perpetually begging to be challenged...

Warframe lore is so open to possibility that I wouldn't rule anything out.

EX: "War was born from an ancient Orokin design used by the most elite of Dex warriors, but twisted by centuries of hate held by the Sentients and fueled by the Stalker's rage.  War Prime is the 'true form' of this 2-handed weapon that once cut a swath of justice and order across the Orokin Empire."

^There, I just rationalized the existence of a new Prime weapon.

But they already stated that it was made out of Hunhow himself

28 minutes ago, Raqiya said:

But they already stated that it was made out of Hunhow himself

Sure...

And (in my theoretical fan-fic explanation) it was based on a design used by ancient Dex Elite (information the Hunhow would be aware of).  The Hunhow has all knowledge of the Orokin era, including weapons, history, etc., so again, lore could easily explain a War Prime through (for example) my spit-balled statement that the Hunhow basically bastardized/repurposed an old design—thematically it's really no different than any of the infested weapons currently available.

My point is just that lore can easily explain something into existence if and when there's a gap in the lore..and in this case, there is 🙂

Edited by (PS4)TheRallykiller
spelling error

19 minutes ago, mikakor said:

But, on the topic of priming weapons... Will we ever see a primed versions of the weapons used by the shadow stalker? I mean, he's a tenno. Dread, Despair and Hate could be from him, too, or could even be older. He's a tenno, a fallen one, but still. And he's hunting other tennos. Maybe that he was in the side of the Orokins, and since we're part a reason why they are extinct... It wouldn't be that far stretched to think that the Orokins might have wanted to give the Stalker better weapon, for their best assassin ( if he was their ally. While reading the lore, I have thus feeling. ) Primed versions of the one he is using, and in term of lore, it could easily be "found" in a derelict, abandoned, once thought lost. I think we have a better chance to get his version primed than his War. ( Also we already have a primed bow that deals Impact, a Primed bow that deals Puncture, and if I'm not mistaken, we still don't have a primed bow for slash. And HO GOD I would like a probe version of Dread. ) 

IMHO, I would love to have a story quest where the Tenno awaken the Stalker's weapons and unlock passives for each.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)TheRallykiller said:

My point is just that lore can easily explain something into existence if and when there's a gap in the lore..and in this case, there is 🙂

Sure, but it would also be a case where the prime version of the item would be far inferior since it would be just a simple weapon compared to War being part Hunhow.

War is probably the closest we get to actual "legendary" items in Warframe. Primes are just mass produced Orokin equipment, pretty standard and run of the mill.

Just now, SneakyErvin said:

Sure, but it would also be a case where the prime version of the item would be far inferior since it would be just a simple weapon compared to War being part Hunhow.

War is probably the closest we get to actual "legendary" items in Warframe. Primes are just mass produced Orokin equipment, pretty standard and run of the mill.

Error. In term of lore ( the interpretation I understand ) is that each Prime Warframes are unique. ( The multiple ones being in circulation being for gameplay reasons ) . Since they were real people infected by the infestation, a really volatile and untamed virus, I wouldn't be surprised that in term of lore, each Prime Warframes is unique. And I think only the weapons who are Prime were """Mass""" produced. Or at least produced for their most elite guards.

( How the hell do I put something in "Spoiler" while being one phone?)

I sincerely doubt that will happen.  

Prime variants are linked directly to the Orokin; Prime is what they made and used.  Unless Hunhow's blade was originally Orokin and his Sentient nanobot goop "infected" it and turned it into what it is now, there is no way for it to be Primed - it wasn't originally Orokin.

19 minutes ago, mikakor said:

Error. In term of lore ( the interpretation I understand ) is that each Prime Warframes are unique. ( The multiple ones being in circulation being for gameplay reasons ) . Since they were real people infected by the infestation, a really volatile and untamed virus, I wouldn't be surprised that in term of lore, each Prime Warframes is unique. And I think only the weapons who are Prime were """Mass""" produced. Or at least produced for their most elite guards.

( How the hell do I put something in "Spoiler" while being one phone?)

I'm not sure about the mass production of prime frames. I know they were the originals though and probably produced at a rate where they could replace those wrecked by their operator. They were not real infected people, they were designed with orokin materials and infested biotech or what you call it. The Umbra thing is another story.

Most things that arent prime but have a prime variant are mass produced Tenno copies.