Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Days Since Tennocon: 73 Days. Days left in 2018: 104.

[DE]Rebecca

It's been 73 Days since we revealed Fortuna, Railjack, and the Nintendo Switch at TennoCon 2018.

And since I'm counting, it's been exactly 6 years since I made my Warframe account. On September 18th 2012 I created my account to prepare for the 750 MB Closed Alpha launch of Warframe. And now -  24 GB and 6 years later -  I'm writing a 'what does the rest of 2018 hold?' post.

Rebecca_AccountCreatedfinal_jpg.jpg

First let's take a look back this year ...
We spent the beginning of the year in March catching everyone up to speed on our lack of 'new' Reinforcements as we favoured rebalancing all things Primary and Secondary. Months have passed since then, including the release of The Sacrifice, Kuva Survival missions, Onslaught modes and more.

While still looking back, 2018 has been a fantastic year for Fashion Frame - if you're into that. One of our goals has been to release a Deluxe Skin for every Warframe, which we've made great progress toward this year as well as massive TennoGen batches. But we get it - this only goes so far, and while Fashion Frame really hits the mark for many of us it can be out-of-season for others.

As far as what's next in 2018...
The near future on PC sees a re-running Plague Star due to popular demand (to follow later on Consoles). We have the next Prime Access launching on all Platforms next week.

And onto the big stuff:

We have Fortuna launching in 2018 - it's shaping up to be massive, deep, flavourful, and fun. K-Driving through both the Orb Vallis and the Plains of Eidolon is an awesome feeling. There's more Bounty variety and (hopefully) a better balanced economy using lessons from Plains of Eidolon!  

We have a new Platform launch in 2018 - the Nintendo Switch! We haven't launched on a new Platform since 2014, so many new Tenno have arrived since then. We'll be revamping the categories of our Forums for this launch as well, possibly as soon as this week!

Then there's the core of why we play Warframe - combat, missions, gear, loot. Melee 3.0 is a crux of improving this experience but it needs more work - we only briefly showed some experiments on the Devstream and I wish we could have shown more but it's simply too volatile right now. We don't just want changes that get old after 2 hours, so we're still pushing ourselves to make it a true 3.0.

In closing & beyond?

More people played Warframe in the month of July 2018 than any other month in Warframe's history. The hype TennoCon generated is real, and we know the challenge of delivering not only Fortuna this year, but Railjack in the future. Railjack is not a 2018 project, but you'll see it in 2019 along with Archwing changes!

TL;DR: Days Since Tennocon: 73 Days. Days left in 2018: 104. Fortuna comes on one of those 104 remaining days (along with more)! Ah!

Am sad that we got an eidolon themed warframe that turned out to be 20% eidolon themed ability wise.

But yeah instead of dwelling on other stuff I didn't like about the development cycle I will say that at the end of the day you guys made a good game.

Congratz on the 6 years.

7 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

As far as what's next in 2018...
The near future on PC sees a re-running Plague Star due to popular demand (to follow later on Consoles). We have the next Prime Access launching on all Platforms next week. 

Good to know. Is there any talk of making Plague Star a true recurring event similar to the Formorians, Razorback or the Ghouls, also any planned changes to it to make it less repetitive like the spore being able to spawn different infested bosses?

I'm happy to be a part of Warframe and glad for what is coming. 

That being said, I think there's need to be more of a focus on fixing some of the greater bugs in the game that have been reported AND reworking those frames that are truly in dire straits (Wukong(priority pliss!), Vauban, Nyx). Fashion frame is fun, new content is fun, but it's brought down the constant repeat of bugs and lackluster (using this loosely as I don't think it's the word I'm looking for) frames. 

I hope you guys can start bringing some of these ideas in to the forefront and improving on what we have, not just focusing on the new.

Just my thoughts, still love this game and think you guys do a fantastic job!

Thank you!

Trying to work out what the purpose of the thread is... was it a way of saying it's my '6 year anniversary', announcing another plague star event is coming (which is fine, I'll stock up on forma) or just basically a recap of what we already kind of know...

I was kind of expecting a little more than what we got based on the thread title.

5 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Trying to work out what the purpose of the thread is... was it a way of saying it's my '6 year anniversary', announcing another plague star event is coming (which is fine, I'll stock up on forma) or just basically a recap of what we already kind of know...

Not everyone watches Devstreams / knows smaller deployment details. Recap/timeline/roadmap/reminders all in one spot.

15 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

It's far as what's next in 2018...
The near future on PC sees a re-running Plague Star due to popular demand (to follow later on Consoles).

What?

When has it been one for "popular demand"?

At most it would be its rewards, don't go the quick/easy route and just keep repeating the same dull event.

Move the Operation Rewards to something new.

There hasn't been an actually new Operation since November 2017.

12 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Recap/timeline/roadmap/reminders all in one spot.

I am looking forward to upcoming content. I am still waiting eagerly for Elite Alerts and the Clan Nemesis system.

Thank you Rebecca!

PS: I'm still waiting for that Raid with me in 5949 days.

Archived