Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Days Since Tennocon: 73 Days. Days left in 2018: 104.

[DE]Rebecca

I understand the spirit in which you write this, but... When you say the numbers like that, it almost makes it sound like there hasn't actually been an agonizing content drought. Stepping back to look at it, perhaps we're just spoiled. 

Sodium-enriched reaction aside... I hope you guys apply those lessons you got from PoE, to PoE itself too. Not just Fortuna. The biggest concern I have with Fortuna is not whether or not it'll be good, it's what grave-like fate its predecessor might get left to.

Slight rant:

Spoiler

And I hope that among those lessons is live, non-stale Relic rewards in the Bounty tables. Because that's what really keeps PoE deader than a doornail right now. Doing the essentially-same activity ad nauseum is the name of the game, but irrelevant, stale, closed-economy rewards kill any activity quick. The charm, the inner peace, of WF's core gameplay loop that lets us repeat missions hundreds upon hundreds of times is that it all always contributes to a bigger picture. When an activity doesn't, its lifespan is severely shortened and the content dies out quick.

When all it seems like we can do is gamble our time away for 0 payoff into an infinite sink (riven roll revisit at some point, for the love of god), it feels like we're just left holding our breath waiting for something to arrive. Which catalyzes the burnout rate. 

Some of us are just at a point where the only source of potential entertainment currently left to us is seeking rolls on rivens so that we may use a melee weapon that isn't ungodly slow as a modstick for Khora's Whipclaw (to hit decently), that we aren't animation-locked as long with, for ground slams for maneuvering/positioning purposes. (And are denied even usable rolls for - I kid you not - hundreds of rolls.)

That is to say, some of us that have been around a while are really having to reach to even scrape the bottom of the barrel at this point, with how dry it's been of worthy endeavors to pursue as of late. Hell, Shy recently made a video of her doing Conclave with explosive weapons only. That should tell you something. And by 'around for a while,' I mean I got the 1000 day Lodestar armor login reward a couple days ago. Not that it hasn't been a great well-over-1000 days of game, but I was certain we'd at least get the login reward rework before that :l

Now don't get me wrong, keeping people around for that long is no small feat for any game. You guys have got hats off for days on that one and nothing can take that away, but with how things have been lately... all I can say, besides the above, is that I'm glad I recently purchased Monster Hunter. And I really hope it can tide me over until things start to pick back up here. 

Hi Reb, I will try to be constructive in this comment.

Let's put aside the emotional side of what you wrote, because that's not what I'd like to talk about.
The "Fortuna Update" will be released in 2018, Railjack in 2019, "Melee 3.0" is not ready yet, the "Plague Star Event" will come back.
Nothing new, this is just a recap of what we know, as you said.

What I would have appreciated would have been a lineup of contents in order of "current" delivery, meaning "at this moment we want to follow this
cardinal list, if it changes we'll update this post asap". Not even details about it, just a list of things unrelated from Fortuna DE is working on to be released before Fortuna.
From now until the end of the year there are 15 wednesday\updates. Let me cut out 5 for any unforeseen events, misunderstandings and various holidays.
Instead of this post, I would have preferred a list of 10 points, even if not detailed, of the future 10 updates.

Eg:
1st Skins
2nd hotfix & polishing
3rd Skins
6th Pet 2.0
9th Melee 3.0
10th Fortuna

A lineup, I do not want it to be precise, but it would be really nice to know what awaits us in the meantime, all in one place, there, clear and understandable.
The big update that will be on Venus is certainly important, but if in the meantime I have nothing else to do I can organize myself differently. I do not think it's right to keep everyone on the board without releasing dates or programs (even if they are generic and cardinal) as you've been doing since the end of 2017.

9 times out of 10 every Wednesday I expect something interesting, while it is often new skin. A beautiful skin, of course, but not everyone is so attracted by skins.
I may be wrong and short-sighted, but I would appreciate a change of course.

I'm not talking about the lack of content so far, that's fair, you are doing a great job with Fortuna, can't blame you if you
prioritize.
What I'm "a bit mad" about is, in addition to being impatient, I feel almost derided by promises without substance to fill the obvious lack of content.
What I'm feeling here is from your side "we don't have content this week but I'm not going to tell you that
because I fear you'll going to play something else".
If "play more my game" is your concern, then players feeling teased constantly should be also concerning you (not you as Reb, as DE).

That said, in total tranquility and serenity because I'm not angry or anything, I wish you to finish the update as soon as possible and as best as possible.
From a loving tenno for 5 years, with past 1000 login days, have a nice day.

I get the vibe we are trying to say that DE hasn't been sitting on their paws so far. I think that is fair, there have been tweaks and such, for better or worse, and a new mode which is still not balanced, and as said many skins! That said, there has been very little to actually do with those skins, a few weapons, and while we got a quest it was more than a little coming and quite short but those cinematics were nice weren't they? I wouldn't link Sacrifice mechanically to Second Dream and War Within, because it didn't have mechanical growth for the Tenno unlike those quests - it didn't full-fill a narrative journey but could with an exposition perhaps to give those answers the quest promised.  DE coordinating the porting of Warframe to Switch through another team is quite the investment as well, and I hope it works out.

No, I think we are all quite sure that DE is busy but also that Warframe right now isn't swimming in things to do as many of the plans introduced earlier like Helminth; Kingping; and Dark Sector re-invigorations were pushed back to make more time for Plains and than I am sure Fortuna. To be fair, I am all for making the Plains nodes all they can be and avoiding the grind wall existance of Plains of Eidolon currently (essentially plains content is either for Hok or Quill right now) and give it something that will eat hundreds of hours, not from the repetition to be able to do something but for the entertainment of doing the activity itself. I think making clear the hunt minigame's current status was a good example of this, and while it might have taken more time than intended on the Devstream, think it showed everyone both existing work and importantly ways it could improve to be more engaging. I think that was a good thing. Perhaps, as more Fortuna elements are wanting some time in the sun, more features like this could be done, if not on the devstream as something separate? @[DE]Rebecca

8 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We have Fortuna launching in 2018 - it's shaping up to be massive, deep, flavourful, and fun. K-Driving through both the Orb Vallis and the Plains of Eidolon is an awesome feeling. There's more Bounty variety and (hopefully) a better balanced economy using lessons from Plains of Eidolon!

Please tell me Reb if there's plans to relook into poe to bring it up to skuff? 

8 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We don't just want changes that get old after 2 hours, so we're still pushing ourselves to make it a true 3.0

This implies quite a massive change is coming. Can you possibly give us a brief answer on: how much will this affect our current mod system and damage output. For the most part, can we leave our builds alone and still do the same, if not more damage? 

Happy Anniversary!

With that being said, despite knowing you will be up to your chins with work, we wish for something new (or very old that I didn't participate in) to do. 

There are so many old alerts that I wasn't part of, I would like those to be either repayable or make a comeback somehow. 

Maybe memories saved by Simaris (makes complete sense and will not be lore breaking) . 

I do not want you to rush and give us sub par content, but we do need something!

space mom, your children starve for things to do ever since you left us 😭🤥

As you mention, Warframe is close to 6 years old, player count is becoming bigger and bigger, new platform with new players is coming.

Still, there are some things that really needs that you look back into them.

First of all I'd mention story-mode

Lore is awesome but all over the place and incomplete and the more you make quests that ties into these events, the worse it becomes, as for example, many "enemies" foreshadowed the events of The Sacrifice

Old one time events should be brought back into the game with the story that has been made canon by the results of players' decisions at the time.

Whoever played after May 2015 has no clue about what the Tubemen Tyl Regor mentions are, no one understand what happens with Alad V/Mutalist Alad V/Alad V again and who are the Acolytes.

The story is awesome but must be lived and experienced in game, not read in the wikia.

Second one is finish what you started about PBR pass, as some old assets are really outdated and a sore in the eye...and the new UI...many didn't liked it but accepted it, still, 8 menu done out of around 100 is not good.

Some assets like Nyx Menticide helmet are so cool, but when you equip it, it seems that you're playing with assets from another game...that's an example...but Hek, Ghost, Wyrm, syandanas, skins and a lot of other assets are not on par...still they cost plat... 

I know that these 2 things doesn't generate much Grofit and that your mindset is to move forward, but making a better product for everyone, a product in which players feel more invested because it feels very refined and doesn't give the impression of being left behind here and there, onto which new players get emotionally attached for the story, for understanding it, is indeed moving forward.

You did an awesome job so far that never ceases to amaze, still you're left behind in something that is so crucial like the lore.

You rightly pride yourself of the quest and what you achieved, but you don't acknowledge where you came from to deliver those stories, and it's bad.

So...welcome Fortuna, Railjack, new Corpus Tileset, Melee 3.0...but don't keep those things behind.

11 hours ago, Namastyler said:

Hi Reb, I will try to be constructive in this comment.

Let's put aside the emotional side of what you wrote, because that's not what I'd like to talk about.
The "Fortuna Update" will be released in 2018, Railjack in 2019, "Melee 3.0" is not ready yet, the "Plague Star Event" will come back.
Nothing new, this is just a recap of what we know, as you said.

What I would have appreciated would have been a lineup of contents in order of "current" delivery, meaning "at this moment we want to follow this
cardinal list, if it changes we'll update this post asap". Not even details about it, just a list of things unrelated from Fortuna DE is working on to be released before Fortuna.
From now until the end of the year there are 15 wednesday\updates. Let me cut out 5 for any unforeseen events, misunderstandings and various holidays.
Instead of this post, I would have preferred a list of 10 points, even if not detailed, of the future 10 updates.

Eg:
1st Skins
2nd hotfix & polishing
3rd Skins
6th Pet 2.0
9th Melee 3.0
10th Fortuna

A lineup, I do not want it to be precise, but it would be really nice to know what awaits us in the meantime, all in one place, there, clear and understandable.
The big update that will be on Venus is certainly important, but if in the meantime I have nothing else to do I can organize myself differently. I do not think it's right to keep everyone on the board without releasing dates or programs (even if they are generic and cardinal) as you've been doing since the end of 2017.

9 times out of 10 every Wednesday I expect something interesting, while it is often new skin. A beautiful skin, of course, but not everyone is so attracted by skins.
I may be wrong and short-sighted, but I would appreciate a change of course.

I'm not talking about the lack of content so far, that's fair, you are doing a great job with Fortuna, can't blame you if you
prioritize.
What I'm "a bit mad" about is, in addition to being impatient, I feel almost derided by promises without substance to fill the obvious lack of content.
What I'm feeling here is from your side "we don't have content this week but I'm not going to tell you that
because I fear you'll going to play something else".
If "play more my game" is your concern, then players feeling teased constantly should be also concerning you (not you as Reb, as DE).

That said, in total tranquility and serenity because I'm not angry or anything, I wish you to finish the update as soon as possible and as best as possible.
From a loving tenno for 5 years, with past 1000 login days, have a nice day.

To briefly expand on that, there is some content you can throw here and there...because you have it already.

The Nox weapon for example, throw it at us like a little bone to chew upon, or the Cadus bo, the weapon the Trinity Specter uses but players don't have access to yet.

PC players complain and they have more or less weekly updates...for console players, past Wednesday we had a gap of 7 updates with PC.

The amount of time I needed to farm everything in the new update, including all the frame data was 10 hours, even because when the content is released all together, you can optimize the grind to be very very short.

16 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Railjack is not a 2018 project, but you'll see it in 2019 along with Archwing changes!

ARCHWING STUFF!

2019 looks great already. Archwing getting the love it needs. xD

Also.. hoping we get a revamped model for the Kaszas arch-melee weapon? All other arch-melee weapons have this massive models while the Kaszas looks like a scythe i can run around with in regular missions. xD

Can we get an indication on what we can expect this year besides Fortuna? Melee 3.0 2018 or not? Operator hair/appearance slots? Login reward rework? More clan-related stuff?

Not to downplay Fortuna itself, it has a lot of systems and content even from what we've seen.

Thanks for all your hard work.

23 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

The near future on PC sees a re-running Plague Star due to popular demand (to follow later on Consoles).

I hope the popular demand also included fixing Discount Lephantis so that he isn't the worst boss experience in Warframe by a country mile. If he's still a massive, boring bullet sponge, then this event can be shoved out the airlock, for all I care.

23 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

It's been 73 Days since we revealed Fortuna, Railjack, and the Nintendo Switch at TennoCon 2018.

And since I'm counting, it's been exactly 6 years since I made my Warframe account. On September 18th 2012 I created my account to prepare for the 750 MB Closed Alpha launch of Warframe. And now -  24 GB and 6 years later -  I'm writing a 'what does the rest of 2018 hold?' post.

Rebecca_AccountCreatedfinal_jpg.jpg

Your warframe birthday is the day before my real birthday. Which.. is today 😄

Happy wf bday!

Also hooray plaguechan 

In Spanish:

Felicidades Mama Espacial

Llevo relativamente poco tiempo siendo activo en esta comunidad, pero si esta informado del trabajo de DE, creo que aun conservo mi revista de video juegos donde habia una reseña de Dark Sector, les admiro por eso.

Sobre ideas o sugerencias, comparto mucho las del resto de la comunidad, pero como llevo poco tiempo y me gusta hacer las cosas a mi ritmo para disfrutarlo, bien lo llevan mas tiempo que yo tendrán sus quejas, como todo hijo a su madre...fufufu.

Bien, felicidades una vez mas a ti y el resto del staff, a la comunidad, mis camaradas tenno, espero poder seguir este viaje/aventura con ustedes un largo tiempo.

Nos leemos

Archived