Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A look at Revvie: Why I think DE has missed the point with the recent Revenant tweaks

Genoscythe

On 2018-09-18 at 3:11 PM, Urlan said:

Very interesting suggestions! I would disagree with adaptive armor since Eidolons don't have that, but being invulnerable to status; can't take life damage in any form if shields are still up; or the nova knockdown passive instead being changed into a large magnetic pulse that hits enemies for damage per pulse around the max shielding removed would be unique among warframes and tie heavily into his lore breaking Eidolon connection.

I was surprised that they didn't make the magnetic proc upon shield depletion his passive, given thats what the eidolons do once their shield and limb is broken. Now that would be an awesome and very unique passive. Why DE didn't go that route is beyond me.

1 hour ago, (XB1)GameNerd300 said:

I was surprised that they didn't make the magnetic proc upon shield depletion his passive, given thats what the eidolons do once their shield and limb is broken. Now that would be an awesome and very unique passive. Why DE didn't go that route is beyond me.

I could agree with that, a large range Magnetic nova would mesh.

• 2 weeks later...
Le 15/10/2018 à 18:39, (XB1)GameNerd300 a dit :

Le 15/10/2018 à 19:52, Urlan a dit :

I could agree with that, a large range Magnetic nova would mesh.

Magnetic is the most useless damage type in the game, even toxic is more effective because it simply ignores shields and directly damages health. Shields do not get armor and are theeasiest to break/ignore defensive stat in the whole game. As I said above, I'd strongly argument against something that is only in line with lore and does not have any gameplay value above level 10.

Another idea on a passive that goes with the eidolon theme and does something would be that his ability kills can summon vomvalysts that suicide-attack enemies and scale with the level of the killed enemy. More simple, but arguarbly way more useful would be the life-steal passive he still had on abilities during the first showcase on fortuna, that would greatly increase his survivability.

58 minutes ago, Genoscythe said:

Magnetic is the most useless damage type in the game, even toxic is more effective because it simply ignores shields and directly damages health. Shields do not get armor and are theeasiest to break/ignore defensive stat in the whole game. As I said above, I'd strongly argument against something that is only in line with lore and does not have any gameplay value above level 10.

Another idea on a passive that goes with the eidolon theme and does something would be that his ability kills can summon vomvalysts that suicide-attack enemies and scale with the level of the killed enemy. More simple, but arguarbly way more useful would be the life-steal passive he still had on abilities during the first showcase on fortuna, that would greatly increase his survivability.

I can agree that Magnetic is not the most effective damage against enemies, even as a status effect; but it is the same type of damage the Eidolons are causing with their Nova and could be a significant damage amount through capacity without being considered overwhelming to most players. I don't know about suicide vomvalyst, but I do like the idea of spawning them; and if downed absorbing them as Eidolons do during their Regenerative Roar stage to revive themselves.