Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quality of life changes to limbo and limbo haven augment

(PSN)Syalin_

This is a problem I have when playing limbo in long survivals, so picture this for a moment, I like to use the low duration build on limbo for things like survival, right, so when doing so its all about rift control, you need to kill enemys to keep up your kills per sec but you also have to keep some enemys alive so you can use rift surge to keep banishing and tripping enemys. but sometimes its hard to tell how many enemys are in the rift at a time and you don't wanna kill every enemy because, ideally, you want to stay in the rift without having to come out, so what I was thinking is mabey limbo could have a counter on the side of the screen, like nidus or saryn, that tells you how many enemys you have banished in the rift. its not a big deal but I think it would be nice.

And also I have already said this a few times but please, at least put it up as an idea in the background somewhere, give limbos haven augment a rework. I mean its just really bad. the problem is not that its a bad idea, you know, giving limbo the ability to heal his team mates is a great idea except that you put it on banish so the problem isn't that limbo being a healer is a bad idea its that people don't like to be banished, its annoying, hell, im a limbo main and I hate it. That's another thing that I feel needs to be changed is that limbo should not be able to banish allys. that mechanic as far as I can find fits into no builds and just annoys the hell out of people.

thank you.

Edited by (PS4)Syalin_

I agree with the counter for enemies in the rift, i have the same problem. But i feel that we should still be able to banish allies as it is useful; for example if you have a peacemaker mesa you can banish them and keep them safe whilst they can still mow down hordes of enemies, or banish a saryn so she can still use spores and miasma whilst gaining energy. Although some frames, such as inaros or rhino don't benefit as much so i know that it can be annoying for them and that they would prefer it if limbo couldn't banish them.

Maybe, to make it easier to bring allies out of the rift, we can cast banish on any player in the rift, regardless of whether limbo is in the rift or not, to bring your ally out of the rift. This way we can cast haven on an ally twice in a row for a quick 50% heal to your ally's health, minimizing the time that allies stay in the rift.

But that's just my take on it.

9 minutes ago, AndouRaiton said:

I agree with the counter for enemies in the rift, i have the same problem. But i feel that we should still be able to banish allies as it is useful; for example if you have a peacemaker mesa you can banish them and keep them safe whilst they can still mow down hordes of enemies, or banish a saryn so she can still use spores and miasma whilst gaining energy. Although some frames, such as inaros or rhino don't benefit as much so i know that it can be annoying for them and that they would prefer it if limbo couldn't banish them.

Maybe, to make it easier to bring allies out of the rift, we can cast banish on any player in the rift, regardless of whether limbo is in the rift or not, to bring your ally out of the rift. This way we can cast haven on an ally twice in a row for a quick 50% heal to your ally's health, minimizing the time that allies stay in the rift.

But that's just my take on it.

This is true but that honestly makes the whole people hate to be banished problem even worse because instead of being banished once it's twice and the trolling would be even worse. And haven scales with power strenth so the healing part was never a problem.

Edited by (PS4)Syalin_

They need to make it so yhe rift van be both entered and left at will by non limbos by streamlining it to the poont where they dont even notice or think about it and people may actually be okay with the rift mechanic.

However i agree limbo has the worst augment mods ingame. The best/only one worth ownong us rift torrent.

The haven augment obly works on raw health not total ehp to include shields.

Perhaps if it tyrned banish ibto a dmg reduction buff on allies it would be more appealing.

The benefits of cataclysmic continuum literally doesnt exist so limbo only has 2 augments. Cataclysmic continuum is objectively an inferior alternative to recasting the ability abd there is little to no incentive to jeep it up for the full duration in most cases. Ergo this mod's benefits dont exist and is just decoration it is basuially a peculiar mod.

Okay, i think i didn't want word what i meant properly. The idea is that you banish an ally to the rift, then banish them again, whilst in the rift, to bring them back out of the rift. I also should have mentioned that it should be instantaneous/(without animation) to bring allies out of the rift. This way the time an ally spends in the rift is ~1 second, which means limbo can heal them without leaving them in the rift for extended periods.

Sorry if it was confusing in the first post.

As for streamlining the going into and out of the rift for non-limbos, i honestly have no idea of how one could implement it. Personally i'm fine with the current 'roll to leave the rift' because that's simply tapping a button that i normally tap anyway.

1 hour ago, AndouRaiton said:

Okay, i think i didn't want word what i meant properly. The idea is that you banish an ally to the rift, then banish them again, whilst in the rift, to bring them back out of the rift. I also should have mentioned that it should be instantaneous/(without animation) to bring allies out of the rift. This way the time an ally spends in the rift is ~1 second, which means limbo can heal them without leaving them in the rift for extended periods.

Sorry if it was confusing in the first post.

As for streamlining the going into and out of the rift for non-limbos, i honestly have no idea of how one could implement it. Personally i'm fine with the current 'roll to leave the rift' because that's simply tapping a button that i normally tap anyway.

Shooting a rifted enemy/ having crosshair hover over rofted enemy for one second sends the player to the roft for like 3 seconds the timer refreshes as they continue doing weapon damage to rifted enemies. They leave the rift when the timer expires.

For melee they can use 'x' whe in melee range and or just smack them and be auto banished for like 3 seconds like above.

So basically forst hit does no damage but sends them to the rift and theu stay in there longer the more damage they do to rifted enemies the timer never exceeds 3 seconds just refreshes.

Short enough to not have to worry about them but should be lengthy enough to maintain if they wish to continue hunting down enemies in the rift and very easy to reenter without asking lombo literally every single time.

At least that is how i would try tackle it. This should only apply to non limbos.

Limbo should remain mostly like he is now unless they are okay of doing this for him as well since it is basically just more rift entry methods.

Right now, the only way I can tell that somethig is in the rift with me while Cataclysm is off is if my Banish timer is ticking. It doesn't tell me where that thing is but if its ticking, something is Banished somewhere.

Instead of a counter, I would prefer an augment for Banish that puts an indicator on all enemies Banished with a timer. It lets Limbo see them anywhere on the radar and little icons on the HUD guide the Limbo player to the location of the Banished enemies revealing their distance from Limbo and everything. Kind of like an indicator that shows the location of the last remaining enemies on a defense mission or PoE Liberate Camp bounty.

The old effects of the rift were very easy to see. It was bright white flames that engulf the whole enemy. You can see them a mile away even if that enemy was mixed in with a group. Problem is if a whole group was with that effect, you're literally blinded so DE toned the effect down.

2 hours ago, (PS4)mahoshonenfox said:

Right now, the only way I can tell that somethig is in the rift with me while Cataclysm is off is if my Banish timer is ticking. It doesn't tell me where that thing is but if its ticking, something is Banished somewhere.

Instead of a counter, I would prefer an augment for Banish that puts an indicator on all enemies Banished with a timer. It lets Limbo see them anywhere on the radar and little icons on the HUD guide the Limbo player to the location of the Banished enemies revealing their distance from Limbo and everything. Kind of like an indicator that shows the location of the last remaining enemies on a defense mission or PoE Liberate Camp bounty.

The old effects of the rift were very easy to see. It was bright white flames that engulf the whole enemy. You can see them a mile away even if that enemy was mixed in with a group. Problem is if a whole group was with that effect, you're literally blinded so DE toned the effect down.                                      

---  (I mest up this part is Syalin _ set )---That's not a terrible idea but I think a counter on the side would be bettee as a mechanic and I think would just look look you know just put the black Flames on it. when I think augment I want something big, you know, I want something that will change the way you play the frame. No offence but that idea, as an augment, is a little lack luster like the other four augments we recently got.

Edited by (PS4)Syalin_
Fixed some stuff

2 hours ago, Ozent said:

While this post is at it. Does anyone here use banish to banish enemies OUT of the rift? I feel it's useless. They should just make it put enemies into the rife whether you're in it or not.

well, yes that part is usefull that helps with rift control. so lets say you banish a group of enemys but you don't want the bombard or mabey you banished to many enemys and you only wanted the bombard. or you cast rift surge but want it to go off faster because you don't want to wait 30 seconds for it.

14 hours ago, AbstractLemons said:

They need to make it so yhe rift van be both entered and left at will by non limbos by streamlining it to the poont where they dont even notice or think about it and people may actually be okay with the rift mechanic.

However i agree limbo has the worst augment mods ingame. The best/only one worth ownong us rift torrent.

The haven augment obly works on raw health not total ehp to include shields.

Perhaps if it tyrned banish ibto a dmg reduction buff on allies it would be more appealing.

The benefits of cataclysmic continuum literally doesnt exist so limbo only has 2 augments. Cataclysmic continuum is objectively an inferior alternative to recasting the ability abd there is little to no incentive to jeep it up for the full duration in most cases. Ergo this mod's benefits dont exist and is just decoration it is basuially a peculiar mod.

this is very difficult to understand. can someone translate