Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mask of the Revenant: Hotfix 23.8.2

[DE]Megan

28 minutes ago, Voltage said:

It would be nice if Riven Disposition changes were planned as well to reflect the intent of the system. The meta gap widens further as time passes ... stares at Gram 1.44 Disposition before Prime.

I don't think the problem is high disposition. Gram is not very popular and sluggish to use. The real problem is how low disposition makes rivens not worth using outright. Akstiletto god roll (as in all the prefect stats at highest numbers and harmless negative zoom) does no better than primed heated charge rank 10. The problem isn't the high disposition of rivens for weapons pre-meta, it's the dis-proportionally low disposition of rivens for meta and non-meta weapons. To get technical, riven's alter the stats, not base stats, making them an extension of the weapon's potential, but you're still using a mod slot to do so. At 0.5 or 1/5 disposition, a primed mod will often do better making its existence contradictory of what rivens are intended to do.

If you ask me, the riven dispositions does need an overhaul in the other direction. Disposition should never drop below 0.75 or 2/5 because anything lower makes no sense; they simply do nothing at god rolls and even less at average or lesser rolls. You can make the argument rolling for exclusive attributes like range (since range is exclusive to reach) or slide crit to extend stats otherwise unobtainable by other means after the exclusive mod is used. However, looking at something like galatine prime vs war. Both 0.5 or 1/5 disposition, their rivens, do no better than if replaced by primed fever strike, However, galatine prime has higher slash and scales at high levels past 100 armored. War is innate impact and mostly impact and does not scale to even level 100 armored enemies. They do not get the same disposition even though they're not even similar in performance. What should have been done was make Galatine Prime 2/5 so some roll variation makes a difference, and either fix War to be slash with the same riven disposition, or change it to 4/5 disposition.

Lastly, look at the Tiberon, or Sicarus. These are some of the most powerful rivens in the game at 5/5 disposition. They have high potential to scale and deal damage, and were based off of unpopular and unused weapons at time of introduction. DE intended to make rivens rebalance the usages of weapons which is what Rivens did. Something people often forget is that getting these high dispositions requires a few barriers to overcome, acquiring the weapon, the riven, the kuva for a good/god roll, and forma making the process a huge investment. Suppose by contrast, we assign dispositions off of the potential of weapons by their pure design and performance numbers. Many including myself would lose thousands of platinum for investing in good rivens, Every weapon would be the same in performance with exception to trash like pangolin/plasma sword because +1,000% of nothing is still nothing. If that were to realize, and by some odd reasoning rivens were common among the player base for all weapons. NOBODY would use weapons. They would run exalted weapons only, because this direction of riven assignment invalidates any investment and weapon potential, leaving exalted weapons the only distinctively scaling weapons in the game. That is why we must have good and bad (not 0.5 bad) rivens. If nobody is 1.5 or 5/5 dispo, then what is the point of rivens?

Just now, peanutham1 said:

bullet jumping seems to of broke for me after this hotfix 
i checked my settings and all seems fine
i can jump just fine and slide just fine but bullet jumping just wont work now
seems to work when i use a controller though...

Works fine for me on keyboard,try  the default control settings and see if that helps.

1 minute ago, ReyaXZy said:

Works fine for me on keyboard,try  the default control settings and see if that helps.

i pretty much use the default controls but i did it anyways and it seems to still be broken...
i binded jump to a different key and that seems to work but it would get awkward to use something that isn't space to bullet jump

1 hour ago, kaelvamp said:

when you guys are going to give us more riven capacity? 

15 is more than fine for a starter option. Much better than 2 frame slots and 3-4 weapons slots as a new player. If you have 15 rivens that you need to keep and not sell, trade, transmute, then this is a good indication you can afford more slots with plat.

1 hour ago, Fluttershy93 said:

Uhm..why though? What is the point of this exactly? Other than throwing a huge wall in peoples faces that is.

Obviously this is a measure being taken to help prevent RMT scum from ripping off DE.

A wall of actual playtime faces every new account.

6 minutes ago, arimanari said:

15 is more than fine for a starter option. Much better than 2 frame slots and 3-4 weapons slots as a new player. If you have 15 rivens that you need to keep and not sell, trade, transmute, then this is a good indication you can afford more slots with plat.

I don't think he means the starter amount. He is talking about the 90 riven cap needs to be raised to a higher number like 120.

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

A Mastery Rank of 8+ is now required to Trade Rivens. This echoes the minimum possible Mastery Rank requirement of Rivens overall as well as generally follows our trading rules with restricted gear.

This is very good for negative platinum problem. :clap:

There's still an issue of Nezha's chakram being complete S#&$ when you aren't hosting. Like it just doesn't connect at all. I've seen it go through a heavy gunner, then disappear into the distance after rubber-banding back twice. At first I thought it was my S#&$ connection but it's consistent whenever I am online but not hosting. Considering that's one of his main ways to sustain and I'm too lazy to slot a forma and juggle mods to fit Rage in (and why would I?) I figure I should bring this up...since without health and/or energy I'm pretty #*!%ed.

4 minutes ago, wrenchedup said:

Do you know if Plague will show up on Console?? Btw thank you

I honestly don't know. It could be simultaneous. After all, assets are in console version already, but looking back, it's probably going to come (return) at a later date.

Archived