Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enthrall stopping defense? [Fixed]

(XBOX)Mystical ENeRgY

I’ve been wanting to level up my Revenant and Phantasma all day, but I’ve encountered quite an infuriating bug. Every time that i do Hydron, there’s always a round that never ends because the enemies stop spawning and it doesn’t go to the next wave. I’ve had to abort my Hydron mission numerous times today on the Mask of the Revenant update, and it’s costing me my resources, credits, and bonus xp at the end mission results. It’s seeiously aggravating that I have to do this mission 20 times more because of this bug. Please fix soon, thank you. Again, this only started happening after the new Revenant update to console. 

Edited by (XB1)Mystical ENeRgY

It seems to me that if Revenant has enemies enthralled when a wave ends, there’s a chance that the wave won’t continue until the duration of Enthrall wears off and they die. The defense waves wont continue spawning and I’m forced to abort the mission. I’m not sure if this is a defense problem at the moment but it’s only happened to me while im

playing Revenant.

17 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey! Out of curiosity were you guys Enthralling enemies? Silly question ahaha, but it'll help us track down the issue!

Yeah I had this happen before too and i think it was because I enthralled enemies, I actually stopped using the ability because of that. It may be because the last enemies left are still enthralled, does the game recognize them as enemies still left for the wave?

15 hours ago, (XB1)King BIIRRDDYY said:

It seems to me that if Revenant has enemies enthralled when a wave ends, there’s a chance that the wave won’t continue until the duration of Enthrall wears off and they die. The defense waves wont continue spawning and I’m forced to abort the mission. I’m not sure if this is a defense problem at the moment but it’s only happened to me while im

playing Revenant.

Hey! Thanks for reporting, we're trying to track down the issue. What weapons were you using when this happened? 

25 minutes ago, S0V3REiGN said:

Yeah I had this happen before too and i think it was because I enthralled enemies, I actually stopped using the ability because of that. It may be because the last enemies left are still enthralled, does the game recognize them as enemies still left for the wave?

2 minutes ago, (PS4)jaegerbombtastic said:

Yep! I was enthralling them. Had a hyekka master and a Nox. Wave didn’t end so we killed them. Theeeeen it still didn’t end. Then we left. :x

Thanks for the info! Did they also happen to have any procs on them at the time? Or were they just Enthralled? 

32 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Thanks for the info! Did they also happen to have any procs on them at the time? Or were they just Enthralled? 

I used the phantasma to kill them which has a large status chance so its possible. Also, I was not the host, when he left enemies appeared but the wave did not end then either.

Edited by S0V3REiGN

48 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey! Thanks for reporting, we're trying to track down the issue. What weapons were you using when this happened? 

The first few times I was using the Hema, Ballistica Prime, and Glaive Prime but I recently acquired the Phantasma and as I was leveling on Hydron, happened again. Thanks by the way for replying, we appreciate you guys taking the time out of your busy schedules.

*Edit: It seems to happen more on the milestone waves. So 5, 10, 15, etc

Edited by (XB1)King BIIRRDDYY

Happened to me twice on PC during Defense mission as well.

The below thread also refers to this issue (-> Revenant Enthrall)

I copied my original statement from there:

"What happened: A Revenant thrall dies/is killed by a player after end of the regular enemy wave (meaning: all regular enemies had been killed and the map had been cleared but at least one enemy is still enthralled by Revenant) and shortly before the enemies of the next wave are spawning.

This thrall interaction somehow broke the mission cycle in such a way, that no new enemies are spawned and our group was not able to continue & finish the mission(s). We had to abort to be able to leave the map.

I haven't personally reproduced the "bug" so it is only my assumption that the mission-bug is related to the revenant thralls, but in both cases it was clearly an "untimely & odd occurence" of beeing attacked by a revenant thrall and the thrall dying, while we were waiting for the enemies of the next wave to spawn."

Addition1: What weapons were you using when this happened?

- Primary weapon: (probably) Ignis Wraith or Sybaris

- Secondary weapon: Furis

- Melee weapon: (Dehtat-) Zaw

Addition2: I think it has to do either with enthrall running out after end of the regular enemy wave or with player attacking an enthralled enemy after end of regular wave.

Addition3: If my memory serves me right enemies that are controlled by Nyx mindcontrol ability or by Titanias spellbind ability have to be released before the end of a defense wave before you can advance to the next wave. Revenant enthrall however lets you keep controlled enemies even after end of wave (if I'm not mistaken).

vor 49 Minuten schrieb (XB1)King BIIRRDDYY:

Thanks by the way for replying, we appreciate you guys taking the time out of your busy schedules. 

+1  🙂

Edited by Fairschild

1 hour ago, (PS4)jaegerbombtastic said:

No procs that I know of!

If it helps, I enthralled them right before the last three (non enthralled) were killed. Unless Nox can toxify himself haha.

Ahaha fair enough! Thanks for the info!! 

1 hour ago, S0V3REiGN said:

I used the phantasma to kill them which has a large status chance so its possible. Also, I was not the host, when he left enemies appeared but the wave did not end then either.

Host/client info much appreciated, ty! 

45 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Ahaha fair enough! Thanks for the info!! 

Host/client info much appreciated, ty! 

I had phantasma, an enthralled nox (possibly others too) and did not kill the enthralled and the wave did not end - I killed myself with the phantasma and immediately the wave spawned and the session continued as normal through to completion.

7 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

It’s not the weapons (likely) I use a zaw only. Unlike any other controlled AI (Nidus link Nyx Inaros) the wave -ends- with the thrall alive and surviving to the next wave. With the other frames ( nidus or Nyx for sure) the AI needs to die for the next wave to start. Somewhere the scripting is losing count or the pointer stack whack bugs plaguing your scripting system are showing themselves. Since Sacrifice and only more so with Revenant scripting bugs are more and more evident with or without that particular frame. Scripted attacks and events are occurring in mixed order.

Edited by (PS4)teacup775

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So me and 2 xbox gamer tags being (CyBorgxKilla and SpaaaaceGhost88) other people just had this same problem happen to us even after the last update that was said to fix the problem. We have been waiting for 15 minutes and the next wave has still not started it was on a t2 fissure and we made it 22 waves in and now its gonna force us to abort and lose all the loot we gained 

Edited by (XB1)Gavini1999
To mention the others in the problem