Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentinels invulnerables

Demaneth

Hi, I just notice today that sentinels are not invulnerable like warframe when you exit out warframe with tenno. Since we discovered tenno and their skills practically everyone revives team mates with tenno on void mode. But usually go to revive team mates means lots of enemies shooting and probably damaging sentinels. Today I went to revive a friend and all corpus arround insta auto aim my helios, so... obviously while I was reviving my friend I lost my sentinel. Why not make them invulnerables too¿?

I feel companions in general, both Sentinels and pets, should be permanently invulnerable. Whether they live or die is completely out of the player's control, unless one is playing a frame with healing, and when they die or get downed, it tends to compound player frustration at their shoddy AI (a particularly common example nowadays is Kavats constantly dying during Tridolon runs to one of many radial or location-based attacks). I get that there are a lot of expensive mods tied to making this problem go away, but that to me does not justify keeping a mechanic that is inherently inappropriate and dysfunctional. Making companions immortal will not break the game, and may actually make players far less likely to notice the problems behind the AI governing their behavior, thus making for an overall smoother experience. As someone who plays Trinity a whole lot, I'd appreciate having one less health bar to watch over, and it would make me less frustrated at my inability to see the health on other players' companions unless I aim directly at them.

Edited by Teridax68

15 hours ago, DarkDemonXR69 said:

Any official place to read/see that

Since the announcement back on one of the DevStreams back when they announced Moas would become Companions too, and a mention of it just once since then, there's been no word.

Everything's been on lock-down for the Fortuna stuff, so we haven't heard from DESheldon on much of anything in a couple of months. But it's definitely been confirmed that Pets 2.0 is in progress.