Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wow - Plague Star is NUTS!

FlusteredFerret

Just did my first one today...and my fingers are still aching!

All fairly normal, until you deliver the toxin...and then all hell breaks loose!

About 10 solid minutes of button-mashing, close to 400 kills. Stopped now and again to revive a team mate.

Way worse than the most intense Survival or Defence mission I've ever done. Even Sanctuary Onslaught isn't that bad!

Still, at least Konzu was happy afterwards...

14 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

"Button Mashing"? What are you talking about?

latest?cb=20170303123043

I am currently researching Ignis in my dojo. Be a while before I have it though.

In any case, the Infested come at you so fast and so numerous I couldn't decide what to aim at...so I just went full Berserker mode with my Galatine. 

11 minutes ago, Sintag said:

Grab Mirage, an Arca Plasmor, and whatever good long-range pistol you prefer.  Become a wall of pain and suffering.

Well I didn't want to stray too far from my team mates, in case they needed revival (I brought my Rhino so I knew I would be okay). I was more a whirling dervish of pain and suffering. :wink:

I'm actually kind of wondering why people have been begging for Plague Star. While a bit hectic, the actual mission is trivial, even with all 8 addon active. I only had to do 3 runs to get everything special I needed (Snipetron and both mods) and I was already bored by the second attempt. I was more excited by the Axi relics I was getting than anything else.

Is it just the chance to get already crafted Forma that people wanted? It seems to be the only thing worth the tedium available.

Plague Star rewards offer the kripath zaw strike, which a lot of youtubers get giggly over... you do the math.

Also, the event is a pretty good farm for cetus wisps and eidolon gems, both of which are ingredients for operator amps and arcanes, as well as zaw arcanes.

Also easy fully built formas.

I'd say the rewards are pretty good for the time invested for anyone needing to get geared for late game stuff.

EDIT: Copy/pasting a post I made in a similar thread in the Player-helping-Player forum for better visibility. Good info here.

Thread I pulled from: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1010617-plague-star-best-rewards/#comment-10162973

Kripath strike is prob at the top of the list if you do not have one already. The scythe strike looks neat, but I wasn't impressed with it myself (tho have a buddy who loves it, to each his own..) Would still pick it up if you haven't already, at least for the MR. The handles provide somewhat middle of the road stat boosts, they don't do any extreme stat swings in one direction or the other for min/maxing purposes, but if you are looking for a somewhat balanced zaw build, you could look into them.

Exodia Contagion was awesome when it first came out (with certain weapons), then they fixed it....I personally use Exodia Epidemic on all my Zaws as I do not have any other Exodia arcanes maxed out and fully tested to really see what is effective in one situation or another (and general consensus on any of the zaw arcanes Hokk offers are pretty meh the few times I asked around for opinions) So Exodia Epidemic has my vote, just remember to pick up 10 of them to get a max arcane.

Other then that, I suggest farming the ever living heck out of Plague Star rep to buy up the eidolon gems you need for any other arcanes for your zaws or operator and a metric ton of cetus wisps. This by far is the best grind to stock up on eidolon gems and wisps, no joke. You can get so many of each for the time invested compared to the normal grind. A little planning ahead and stocking up for some future builds can go a looong way with the limited window this event offers. And once you *think* you have enough gems and wisps, can't have too many formas baby!

For a small example on wisps... it takes 10 wisps per amp part to build an amp, so 30 wisps for a full amp. Then you can equip 2 arcanes on your operator. Each arcane takes 10 to have a level 3 arcane, each arcane takes 10 wisps to build. So you need 20 arcanes X 10 wisps = 200 wisps + 30 (for amp) =  230 wisps just to have a fully kitted operator. Add 100 more wisps if you want a max level zaw arcane (which you do..).

Edited by (XB1)Furious Kaiser
added more info after edit note

15 minutes ago, fadingtheory said:

I'm actually kind of wondering why people have been begging for Plague Star. While a bit hectic, the actual mission is trivial, even with all 8 addon active. I only had to do 3 runs to get everything special I needed (Snipetron and both mods) and I was already bored by the second attempt. I was more excited by the Axi relics I was getting than anything else.

Is it just the chance to get already crafted Forma that people wanted? It seems to be the only thing worth the tedium available.

Well it was just a new thing for me...part of the game I'd never done before. Just wanted to see what it was like. Didn't even think about the rewards tbh.

16 minutes ago, fadingtheory said:

Im pretty sure it's the stuff you can buy from Nakak why people want it back.

Just now, FlusteredFerret said:

Well it was just a new thing for me...part of the game I'd never done before. Just wanted to see what it was like. Didn't even think about the rewards tbh.

Sorry, I didn't mean you specifically. I just know a lot of people who had done it before and wanted it again. I figured it was for some gameplay reason, but I guess it was just for Forma and plat.

43 minutes ago, Errodin said:

Oberon makes everything a cake walk, as well as gives the Hymalyth a debuff. Hail Oberon.

yes every hard part in this event can be solved with him.  use Pheonix and a normal renewal build for making any pub team better.  remember to cast carpet and then reckoning twice

good teammates are:

stomp/roar rhino

slova

Nidus

carpet oberon

renewal oberon

mirage with aoe clear weapons 

war cry valk (not eternal war)

anyone with a small instance high burst weapon.  (i have found the Corinth to work quite well.)  

good weapons:

any crit auto rifle (mod for reload and fire rate) 

damage/ crit shotguns

the arka scisco (bind fire to the scroll wheel)

the synapse

corinth 

any heavy blade/ polearm

the Sybaris (bind fire to scroll wheel)

1 minute ago, spirit_of_76 said:

yes every hard part in this event can be solved with him.  use Pheonix and a normal renewal build for making any pub team better.  remember to cast carpet and then reckoning twice

good teammates are:

stomp/roar rhino

slova

Nidus

carpet oberon

renewal oberon

mirage with aoe clear weapons 

war cry valk (not eternal war)

anyone with a small instance high burst weapon.  (i have found the Corinth to work quite well.)  

good weapons:

any crit auto rifle (mod for reload and fire rate) 

damage/ crit shotguns

the arka scisco (bind fire to the scroll wheel)

the synapse

corinth 

any heavy blade/ polearm

the Sybaris (bind fire to scroll wheel)

But dun forget never limit yourself... use whatever u like^^ every weapon and frame will shine if u master it well

33 minutes ago, fadingtheory said:

Sorry, I didn't mean you specifically. I just know a lot of people who had done it before and wanted it again. I figured it was for some gameplay reason, but I guess it was just for Forma and plat.

I find the mission fun but the rewards make it one of the best grinds in the game.  I am still optiming for it though

2 minutes ago, Gnlstorm said:

But dun forget never limit yourself... use whatever u like^^ every weapon and frame will shine if u master it well

true that list is stuff that makes this mode easy. but look out for anti synergy as that will make things much harder. things like not leting Oberon take damage, nidus build stacks...

Just now, spirit_of_76 said:

true that list is stuff that makes this mode easy. but look out for anti synergy as that will make things much harder. things like not leting Oberon take damage, nidus build stacks...

I decided to use revenent tomorrow when i login...:D

The mission is worth it just for listening to Vay Hek saying the words "...POP ITS GLISTENING MAGNIFICENCE..." alone.

Seriously though, this is a grind that it's worth it for the rewards you get in the end. There isn't anything that I must have at this point, but getting another zaw part, wisps, rare crafting materials is always nice.

It is certainly a hell of a fight. Have you researched Eidolon Phylaxis yet? Because that takes everything and turns it up a few notches.

And by a few notches, I mean boss fights. If you've not seen it yet, I'll not spoil, but it's an interesting scuffle to say the least.