Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee 3.0: Hysteria, Exalted Blade, and Primal Fury rework?

MysticDragonMage

19 minutes ago, Thaylien said:

I'm going to chip in with the other two comments; playing Valkyr for that long, and still thinking that Hysteria and Paralysis are useless really makes us question how you've actually been playing that frame.

Valkyr's Hysteria combos need a bit of work, which is what the Melee 3.0 is going to do, and her Ripline does need a Pablo-pass at it. But as a functional Warframe, Valkyr is genuinely higher tier, maybe not the absolute best, like Octavia, but she's in a very good place.

I would agree with this a lot but i would be Surprised if Valkyr becomes Meta again after her Hysteria nerf. If she did after Melee 3.0 and some changes, she would probably be in the same Category as Mag.

5 hours ago, VPrime96 said:

Hysteria nerf

Fix**

Hysteria was broken as all hell. Being literally immortal for an absurd amount of time was not only boring, but broken. Valkyr is much more enjoyable when you actually have to be conscious when in Hysteria. It is after all, an extremely powerful Exalted Weapon that also grants lifesteal and immortality. 

50 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Fix**

Hysteria was broken as all hell. Being literally immortal for an absurd amount of time was not only boring, but broken. Valkyr is much more enjoyable when you actually have to be conscious when in Hysteria. It is after all, an extremely powerful Exalted Weapon that also grants lifesteal and immortality. 

Yeah she’s much more enjoyable now. I’m just saying some of the heavy Meta Players underrates her after her changes. I mainly use Eternal War so i’m more of a WarCry person. Her Finishers can one shot KO a lvl 200+ Corrupted Heavy Gunner and a lvl 184 Bombard and strip Armor with Shattering impact as well as a Impact Weapon so that’s why i use it for high level Survivals. Low levels is where it becomes not as useful because of her Armor.

Edited by VPrime96

1 minute ago, VPrime96 said:

Shattering impact as well as a Impact Weapon

This is an extremely prevalent myth. You do not need an Impact-based weapon for Shattering Impact to work. Shattering Impact procs on any and all weapons that have more than 0 Impact damage. You can literally have 1 Impact and 0% status chance and the armor reduction from SI will still happen, because it works on the damage itself and not that ratio and/or status chance. Besides, even if the weapon had zero Impact, Hysteria takes into account the mod, not the weapon's stats.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

This is an extremely prevalent myth. You do not need an Impact-based weapon for Shattering Impact to work. Shattering Impact procs on any and all weapons that have more than 0 Impact damage. You can literally have 1 Impact and 0% status chance and the armor reduction from SI will still happen, because it works on the damage itself and not that ratio and/or status chance. Besides, even if the weapon had zero Impact, Hysteria takes into account the mod, not the weapon's stats.

Really? I thought it only happened on impact procs. The more you know.

Edited by MrMrs
I can't read so I thought he/she said it only worked on impact procs and not weapons that have impact. lmao

1 minute ago, MrMrs said:

...but like... won't it proc more often if it has more impact damage? Like I believe that the damage type on the weapon that is the highest will proc the most. But honestly, I'd rather run it on a impact proc stance because of the 100% impact proc chance.

No, it will always proc per hit regardless of the Impact damage ratio on the weapon since its not status dependent. Look it up on the Wiki

3 minutes ago, MrMrs said:

...but like... won't it proc more often if it has more impact damage? Like I believe that the damage type on the weapon that is the highest will proc the most. But honestly, I'd rather run it on a impact proc stance because of the 100% impact proc chance.

I run it on some Viral/Slash based melee weapon that hit quickly. As SI reduces the armor, Slash becomes deadlier and Viral is overkill. The most important factor to take into account when using SI is weapon animation speed. That's why polearms, dual daggers, dual swords and nunchuks are the best choice.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

This is good to know about that mod’s mechanics with Stripping Armor. 

Another thing i just remembered about Hysteria is it’s the only Exalted Melee Weapon with a Charge Attack. Exalted Blade and Primal Fury don’t have those so Valkyr’s Combos would take a small amount of work in Melee 3.0 since Heavy Attacks exist there while the other two needs extra work. 

14 minutes ago, -QUILL_PETER- said:

You, sir, need to stroll over to the Wiki and educate yourself.

I did small testing in the Simulacrum (Wiki can be very out of date so i don’t want to get facts from that) and Exalibur, Valkyr have Charge Attacks in their Combos while Wukong dosen’t. Excal’s Charge Attack is like a normal Melee Attack while Valkyr’s Charge Attack is more of a Finisher. So the Combos for two of them is compatiable for Melee 3.0 while Wukong’s isn’t. 

1 hour ago, -QUILL_PETER- said:

You, sir, need to stroll over to the Wiki and educate yourself.

Mind educating me as well? Because so far as I recall Excal's "charge attack" is actually just a combo that has a "hold E" bit in it, so isn't really a charge attack.

And Wukong, well, in all my years I've yet to discover what his charge attack is. Obviously you know so much more though, so do enlighten us.

On 2018-09-24 at 10:23 AM, NoLazyShadow said:

I been playing her since update 11. I can tell you - 3 of her abilitys are useless and broken. Ripline CC part is not working + you have parkour. Warcry are fine..allmost fine, still could use some changes. Paralysis and Hysterya are useless! close range single target stun at the cost of your shields(why is she have shields in a first place) and "to hell my combo meter, im gonna use my GOD MODE to revive a  teammate"...oh wait, i got allmost useless kiddo with god mode free of charge and no penalty's for using. Hysterya is just raw spinning damage without range and penalty's for nothing

Its not god mode in the way you’re thinking.

there’s nothing wrong with invincibility depending on context of the game its in(in warframe, its pretty much fine because...well...even some of our squishiest frames can survive forever if someone is good enough....ivara?)

besides, useless? Last i checked eternal war was the meta for valkyr and hysteria does its “unstoppable death cat” thing very well(build the claws for condition overload and voila.)

prolonged para can basically floor entire rooms long enough to kill them all without resistance.

ripline was straight up dead on arrival tho

also, with roughly 4 years of valkyr experience, i can wholeheartedly disagree with you(which seems to be the common reaction to your threads about the subject)