Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

vauban Rework ideas

(PSN)user4667777777

In a recent stream DEReb showed the Vauban tweeks and, asked the community  for other ideas for a more complete rework. 1st off the charge mechanic on Tesla makes a mediocre ability, even worse. Just double the damage and give it 100% status ...you need to be able to drop a few of these quickly so that slow charge time ACTUALLY a big nerf....it must be spamable to be useful 

So either speed the charge up by 200% min or just grant the buff with no charge....the better of the 2 options 

Mine layer gives you 4diff genades that all pretty much do the same thing....CC..... stumble is cc, radiation proc is cc....there's a weak ass armor debuff with shred then the trollpads/bounce pads do a tiny amount of the worst damage type in game....and it disorienting effect is more cc

Why not vary these tech/ weapon options. Make Vauban more of a support frame....capable of many different tactical choices. Let's give him a , 2 headed spinning laser turret...moderate radiation damage that scales with power strength while the laser length scales with range, while the spin speed scales with duration....good damage and some cc....then another gadget would be a healing tower that pulses like an ancient healer. Another turret could toss out multiple mini-rollers that seek out the 1st closest enemy, then shoots up in the air...about head height, realising a shrapnel ring diameter scalling  with rang and high slash damage with a base 50% status chance.

Psn user4667777777 (Myles glass)

psn poeticnoetic1981 (conner kilmer)

I think Vauban isn't in as bad of a spot as other frames because his 3 and 4 are arguably the best at what they do and they make up for his low durability. CC scales infinitely. I use Vauban because of his low durability. He feels like he requires more brain power and skill to play than other frames without being too weak. You have to use the surrounding terrain to your advantage.

However, I think his 1 and 2 definitely should be reworked or at least his 2. Vauban has a similar problem as Chroma but not as bad as Chroma. Vauban has 2 of the best CC abilities in game but he has 2 nearly useless abilities because they're inferior versions of his 3 and 4. Why would you bother with trip laser, bounce, or concussion when you can just use Bastille?

His 2 should offer something unique from his 3 and 4 and to a team so Vauban isn't just a one trick pony.

He should have an ammo supply drop or a drone that acts as a loot scavenger. This would give Vauban a unique function with weapons with poor ammo economy. It would fit his theme of being a tactician or strategist.

He could have a turret that shoots radiation status beams or strips armor. The turret would be preferable because you can drop it to cover a hallway or doorway for a duration. Currently the concussion and shred grenades do not last long enough and aren't worth the time using.

He could have the ability to drop little barrier walls to build a tiny fortress for cover in an open place like the Plains of Eidolon, similar to Atlas's rock wall. This would fit his theme of being an engineer.

Edited by (PS4)The-AngryMan

13 hours ago, (PS4)user4667777777 said:

there's a weak ass armor debuff with shred

791AF36C0D9137F3721679342BB3F3869948D8C2

With growing power the armor reduction can reach 100%. I do not see how it is weak. It may be inefficient due to the explosion radius, but if you're aiming at door ways then does it really matter since factions (such as the grineer and corpus) generally follow a linear path if hostiles aren't nearby.

You could use a vortex and then when that has enough enemies, use the armor reduction mine.

When you can completely strip armor from an enemy in one shot (provided growing power procs) I again fail to see how it is weak.

17 hours ago, (PS4)The-AngryMan said:

I think Vauban isn't in as bad of a spot as other frames because his 3 and 4 are arguably the best at what they do and they make up for his low durability. CC scales infinitely. I use Vauban because of his low durability. He feels like he requires more brain power and skill to play than other frames without being too weak. You have to use the surrounding terrain to your advantage.

However, I think his 1 and 2 definitely should be reworked or at least his 2. Vauban has a similar problem as Chroma but not as bad as Chroma. Vauban has 2 of the best CC abilities in game but he has 2 nearly useless abilities because they're inferior versions of his 3 and 4. Why would you bother with trip laser, bounce, or concussion when you can just use Bastille?

His 2 should offer something unique from his 3 and 4 and to a team so Vauban isn't just a one trick pony.

He should have an ammo supply drop or a drone that acts as a loot scavenger. This would give Vauban a unique function with weapons with poor ammo economy. It would fit his theme of being a tactician or strategist.

He could have a turret that shoots radiation status beams or strips armor. The turret would be preferable because you can drop it to cover a hallway or doorway for a duration. Currently the concussion and shred grenades do not last long enough and aren't worth the time using.

He could have the ability to drop little barrier walls to build a tiny fortress for cover in an open place like the Plains of Eidolon, similar to Atlas's rock wall. This would fit his theme of being an engineer.

Does he really need TWO abilities that do the same thing? Even if they're both great. Sure, if they synergize differently with the rest of his kit. 

I think he needs more item/tech based skills. I had an idea to make his 2 a "toolkit" type power by replacing the useless grenades with more interesting tools, some examples:

1. A enemy scanner that points out weaknesses

2. A transmuter that converts resource drops into energy/health pads

I think the best thing thay could happen to vauban is to basically make him just the king of area denial with abilities that let him place walls/barriers that block movement, deployable turrents, support items like a health/energy regen stations, maybe a deployable item that increases ally damage within a 15 meter radius. Then he has his 4 as an oh S#&$ button or to suck enemies into the ellaborate death trap he spent the last 5 minutes building up. Basically Vauban picks a spot builds up a little fortress and he is king in that fortress. Out side of that fortress he is vulnerable. 

15 hours ago, Xonne said:

Just copy Mass Effect 3 engineers, I promise I wont tell.

its my most fav class in mass effect.

all they need to do for his 2 is remove bounce (this power needs to go anyway) and make him throw out all of them as if hes laying a minefield (only 2 minefield at a time).

for tesla, how much of a stretch would it be to throw a deployable that makes a tesla tower that electrocutes enemies in radius of it.

these 2 changes alone would be smoking hot for him with bastille and vortex. he doesnt need much but this whole spin the wheel to change powers and charge mechanics just slows down gameplay and i dislike them with great intensity. it is the sole reason i dont play ivara and the reason i stopped playing hydroid.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

19 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

its my most fav class in mass effect.

all they need to do for his 2 is remove bounce (this power needs to go anyway) and make him throw out all of them as if hes laying a minefield (only 2 minefield at a time).

for tesla, how much of a stretch would it be to throw a deployable that makes a tesla tower that electrocutes enemies in radius of it.

these 2 changes alone would be smoking hot for him with bastille and vortex. he doesnt need much but this whole spin the wheel to change powers and charge mechanics just slows down gameplay and i dislike them with great intensity. it is the sole reason i dont play ivara and the reason i stopped playing hydroid.

i had this discussion an hour ago, and we came ot the same conclusion, then get rid of his first augment and replace ti for something els

16 hours ago, TheKazz91 said:

I think the best thing thay could happen to vauban is to basically make him just the king of area denial with abilities that let him place walls/barriers that block movement, deployable turrents, support items like a health/energy regen stations, maybe a deployable item that increases ally damage within a 15 meter radius. Then he has his 4 as an oh S#&$ button or to suck enemies into the ellaborate death trap he spent the last 5 minutes building up. Basically Vauban picks a spot builds up a little fortress and he is king in that fortress. Out side of that fortress he is vulnerable. 

tbh THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT HE SHOULD BE, this right here SCREAMS engineer it is an amazing suggestion