Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's impossible to build some Dojo rooms because they are "too tall" to fit

Azul

Building a Dojo from scratch is a tough process that gets worse the more complex you want the final layout to be. Miscalculating the dimensions a room needs to be built involves destroying a lot of your work and start over again, and believe me, it's not easy and takes a lot of time. This is why I want to address the problem some rooms have of being "too tall" to fit (mainly observatories, custom/default obstacle courses, and reactors).

In the picture, marked in red are the rooms that cannot be built even though they've enough space to fit in the plain, but apparently they've not enough space to fit in height.

Being unable to build certain rooms because there's another one in the storey above that blocks them totally kills the complex layouts and the purpose of the elevators; and building extra hallways that count towards the Dojo's room cap in the attempt of "saving" the layout isn't a convenient option either.

So please, DE, try to improve this. There's probably a lot of work that got lost because if this, and there will be a lot more if this continuous to be a thing.

Edited by Sina-chan
Updated picture

hace 15 minutos, BiancaRoughfin dijo:

This should help you.

It doesn't, look at linked pic. That only works to have a global knowledge of the final layout. It doesn't tell if a room will fit or not depending on the surrounding rooms 

Edited by Sina-chan

16 hours ago, Sina-chan said:

In the picture, marked in red are the rooms that cannot be built even though they've enough space to fit in the plain, but apparently they've not enough space to fit in height.

I had so much trouble to figure this out.Apperantly one of the rooms below was blocking the placement of my Observatory so I just demolished that room and it worked.+1 for this post.Observatory and Obstacle course are so hard to place and it is so confusing for ones that don't know this rooms can be obstructed vertically too.