Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn spores and Molt changes. (more balance)

IfritKajiTora

1.Spores 
status chance change from 50% to 25%, not affected by power strength (25% 3x per second is enough).
Starting damage changed from 10 to 50.
Damage growth per enemy changed from 2 to 0.5
Damage decay changed from 10% to 2,5% per second.
Reset decay changed from 20% to 10% (not affected by power strength)
Added delay for damage decaying when no enemies are affected by spores: 2 seconds delay, before damage starts to decay.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.Molt:
On explosion adds  gas status to enemies.
5% damage from molt for every enemy hit is added to spores damage.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

Some nice mod could make Megathreads for Saryn, Ember, Chroma, Titania... seriously we do not need 101 threads with my glorious 1min rework which is totally different and more balanced than all others.

If you made a thread with rework, yay, you may start with declaring what you want to achieve. I will be so kind and do it for you, main problems with Saryn:

• ESOESOESO... she is queen of ESO, and together with Volt, Equinox and Mesa are for Hresomen of ESOcalypse. Also ESO!
  • She is DPS frame, which could often result in higher damage than Rhino. Unspeakable.
  • Max damage on spore 100k is alot (even if she do not reach it normally). Especially if it is independ from abillity power.
  • Miasma range is on generous side comparing to other nukes, especially since Saryn can go deep and run away. (not so squishy)
  • Toxic Lash is self only buff with specific element (not so universal) could be stronger.

The core problem with Saryn is that she has aura which deals 3*3k damage around her. Which is alot. More than can achieve Ember, Oberon, Banshee. Mirage, Hydroid or any other frame. And you do not even need crazy investment into abillity power or gimmick build, party setup. Nerf max spores damage, and Saryn will go back to buff her bucket.

OP glorious rework have  issues:

• Ramping from 10 to 50 takes like 1s, so it is change for nothing
  • After 10s with 200AP it will be 50+10*10*.0.5*200%=100 corrosive/s. It is rather low even comparing to Oberon Hallowed Ground (which is 100*AP instantly, and this one could be buffed)
  • There is no problem that Spores ramp to omg fast.
  • 50% status corrosive is nice bonus against Grineer, which is nice but limited. Stripping armour for others is nice party tuility.
  • There is already problem of Saryn being useless in normal modes, since Spores ramp so slow and decay fast
  • You can lower natural spores decay with duration mods.
  • Removing initial 20% decay is actually good idea.
  • Not targeting max spores damage 100k is not hitting the key problem of spores.
  • Molt is already as strong as Ult could be. Stun is nice bonus. Also discount cost helps if mission is no sporeable.

Some other 1min Saryn rework:

• Max spore damage equal 200 corossive * abillity power (x3 spores) just as similar auras
  • Remove initial 20% decay
  • Buff Toxic Lash to 50%/100%
  • Reduce range os Miasma to 15m

SMall changes nerfing Saryn a little in exacly Eso, but buffing in normal missions.

Edited by felixsylvaris

1 hour ago, IfritKajiTora said:

1.Spores 
status chance change from 50% to 25%, not affected by power strength (25% 3x per second is enough).
Starting damage changed from 10 to 50.
Damage growth per enemy changed from 2 to 0.5
Damage decay changed from 10% to 2,5% per second.
Reset decay changed from 20% to 10% (not affected by power strength)
Added delay for damage decaying when no enemies are affected by spores: 2 seconds delay, before damage starts to decay.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.Molt:
On explosion adds  gas status to enemies.
5% damage from molt for every enemy hit is added to spores damage.

why? a frame shouldnt mold to the ignorance of ppl! same with anything in game. im a saryn user & i agree there are some players who abuse her 4. so the solution should be to punish everyone else.. hell no.. i say fig out a way to suspend the use of that ability theyr spaming  or shut it off completely. & i know its possible bc in eos if you use an ability more than 2x in 10sec simaris will cut you off. so why not make it perm & i mean till the missions over or they quit. & the way around them timing the 4 with 10sec would be to

allow 1 cast at wave 1- wave 2 2 cast & so on. cause look if i can survive 8waves solo using only her 4 2x total.yeah says alot about being in a squad with just 1 hitting the 4 at least 6-8x per wave. overkill at its best.

17 minutes ago, (XB1)Deliriums Realm said:

why? a frame shouldnt mold to the ignorance of ppl! same with anything in game. im a saryn user & i agree there are some players who abuse her 4. so the solution should be to punish everyone else.. hell no.. i say fig out a way to suspend the use of that ability theyr spaming  or shut it off completely. & i know its possible bc in eos if you use an ability more than 2x in 10sec simaris will cut you off. so why not make it perm & i mean till the missions over or they quit. & the way around them timing the 4 with 10sec would be to

allow 1 cast at wave 1- wave 2 2 cast & so on. cause look if i can survive 8waves solo using only her 4 2x total.yeah says alot about being in a squad with just 1 hitting the 4 at least 6-8x per wave. overkill at its best.

4 is just fine it's not OP or anything. The problem are spores, this ability is OverPowered and have two even triple bonuses from Power Strength:
Power Strength boosts, damage per enemy for every second, corrosive status chance and reset decay.

This should not have place, every ability that had this was nerfed. Power strength should only boost one thing.
Spores gain damage too fast, especially that every enemy have 3 spores so the damage is tripled.
Spores really fast strip armor, which makes all armored units a lot easier to kill, which is the issue here with 200% power strength you have 3 corrosive statuses per second.

And in my opinion spore damage are disappearing too fast, adding duration mods to make decaying slower, doesn't have any sense because it is decaying too fast so you wont fill a difference.

I'm playing Saryn all the time because I don't see a sense to play as different Warframe, if Saryn strip armor from enemies and making them weaker because of damage. You always get the most damage and the most kills. It's obviously OverPowered frame and the spores are problem in this warframe.

And I know that you will protect it that it is the most balanced warframe in the game xD, because you are using her all the time, because you fill powerful and don't have to do much to get a lot of affinity. People are just like that.

I prefer to have everything balanced to have a choice, if something boring me I can chose anything else without any downside of being weaker.

She is finally good for something besides Miasma spam and you want to make her useless again? I think not my friend, She is in a fine spot right now and people are just overblowing the situation. Matter a fact all DPs frames should have the scaling damage Sayrn does because most of them stop being useful in longer runs.