Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Khora and every pet in this game

Xyhon

After all this time after release, Khora's kavat behaves as drunk kitty. Still locks itself in places, still gets lost when moving, still doesn't respond to command attack/def/heal options. So the big question is, is there any work on pet AI? Or, as all pet frames, Khora is supposed to be "just as it is", which means not relying at her kavat at all?

This was brought up soon after release, and MANY times after. I would like to see some real response to the problem, because pushing new content without answering issues is not enough. And since Revenant too is a "pet" frame which suffers greatly from thralls being imbeciles second after casting enthrall, well, you know where this is going. It really ain't hard to fix AI to behave on some paths same as enemies does, which would lead to actually being useful. 

Same of course applies to any Kubrow/Kavat/Helminth charger there is in this game. 

6 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Also, telling Venari to attack/heal/gaurd something more than ~50 meters away will force her to teleport there.

The only problem comes when you are on a small tile for defense/interception and can't get 50 meters away.

Hence, it's useless on 50% of tiles and missions. It should be always force to move, not only teleport.

Venari has been the best companion in my opinion because
A) You still get to keep your sentinel for utility
B) Venari has useful skills
C) Venari constantly teleports, which as a band-aid gets around the horrible AI pathfinding, as whenever she could potentially get caught, either in attack mode she teleports to an enemy to do her special teleporting attack, or you can teleport her with your ability.

Recently I tried to level up a dog and a cat adter a long hiatus, only to be reminded of why they just aren't worth the effort, and their AI routines would sometimes simply die, not permanently, but for painfully long 3-6 seconds, just standing there, while 20 enemies were all around, 5 of them attacking the pet in melee while it was rebooting trying to find where it was and everything else in relation to it.
Not Venari. Constant teleporting. And I was fine with that, given the alternative.

2 hours ago, Xyhon said:

After all this time after release, Khora's kavat behaves as drunk kitty. Still locks itself in place.

Huh. That's something I inquired about in a thread I made a few weeks ago:

On 2018-09-14 at 7:59 AM, Jarriaga said:

My only complaint about her is that Venari's behavior is inconsistent when a target is marked for healing. Sometimes Venari will reach the target, start healing, and stand still in place doing nothing if the target moves away, and sometimes she will follow the target to continue healing (Which is what I expect should be the behavior at all times). Is this a bug or is there a way to control this?

Other than that I'm very, very pleased with Khora and she quickly became my main Warframe after giving her a chance.

Edited by Jarriaga

Beside the AS bonus Venaris attack/defense/heal stances should give a lower but automatic constant bonuses. The hwal is nice but Venary at somw point forgets to heal you or the subject he was ordered to heal.

As a pet alone he gives almost nothing to the game the real stuff would be the reliable bonuaes he gives.

I built Khora recently and played around with her and an extra pet when leveling and putting Forma, I gotta say, Venari for the most part is a lot better than any other pet we have, she's constantly fighting and doesn't really sit still too much unlike my Kubrows that stop and get lost in deep thoughts while 5 heavy gunners are giving them new holes. That said, I wish when you set Venari on Heal and put her on a specific target that she'd always sprint/teleport as soon as you get out of her abysmal heal radius to make sure she's constantly keeping up that heal. As for the other pets...yeah...as much as I'd love to use them, they are so bloody inconsistent it's pitiful.