Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

healing return buff; health per status kill.

MysticDragonMage

i like using life-strike because it provides a reliable health source. it gives more options because i am able to play as any frame (specifically excalibur) on high-level missions solo without being forced to bring a warframe with healing abilities or teammates with warframes that can heal.

however, channeling 2.0 along with melee 3.0 is on the way and i am worried that this mod will not be as "reliable" as it used to.

so, i tried Healing Return with a suggested chromatic blade build, and here are my two major issues.

for one thing, i cant rely on healing return to save my life even with 100% status chance. so imagining that some weapons cannot reach 100% status (or at least not without risking damage), i cant rely on healing return build on any other weapon to save my life either. though this may be how it should be. i can understand why.

the second is that healing return is only really good on high level missions, where enemies take more than one hit to kill. healing return does not give you health on a "status kill" unfortunately. with this said, it would be nice if healing return did give at least 10 health (max) on a status kill. if the target dies even from 3 different stat damage types, it will still give you 10 health, if that is fair.

I too am worried about what will happen to Life Strike once the update drops, it's probably my only concern as I use that mod in every single melee build with the exception of Hirudo (has innate 5% healing on crits).This said, I am wondering if maybe melee weapons could have an innate life steal effect, something like 1-2% of the damage you do and have it as a baseline for all melee weapons but have it only active if you go full melee, so no quick melee quick heal. Rage Mode could boost the healing to 10% or something alongside whatever buffs we'll get when we use it.

6 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Maybe [DE] should give Healing Return the same treatment Condition Overload has, instead of healing for 11 Health for each Status afflicted enemy hit, it should heal for each status that enemy has on it.

This is actually already how it is, 11 health per status type on the enemy.

On 2018-09-24 at 2:15 PM, Autongnosis said:

The point is that while your suggestion is nice, you shouldn't really need the health from healing return if enemies die in one hit.

that is what i thought at first, until i took into account that an enemy can be weak on health but can still deal a decent amount of damage over time.