Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please bring the Old Raids back.

(PSN)KiillahX

On 2018-10-07 at 5:21 AM, Wind_Blade said:

You can don't like raids but that don't change the fact that a lot of veterans get connected every day to do them and enjoy them with their close friends everyday. For most of them, that was the only end-game content of the game (akka fasionframe) that can be play everyday for years.. (i literraly play them every day for years), i know they need to be refont, but not bringing back a gamemode that is really end-game will be a $&*^ move

I know that feeling. I loved raiding with 8 of my friends. So relaxing and chill and being badass at the same time. 

On 2018-10-07 at 8:04 AM, BoneBreakerx said:

my biggest problem with the raids was finding enough skilled ppl to do them... allways ended up being 2-3 ppl carrying the raid...

altho making a 4 man raid with the same scope would be awsome...

Sometimes carrying was fun, as long as you have time and not trying to speed run. I have carried countless noobs thru their 1st run. A 4 man raid will be no different from regular mission though. The whole point of the raid was to allow more than 4 players. 

Il y a 23 heures, (PS4)KiillahX a dit :

Sometimes carrying was fun, as long as you have time and not trying to speed run. I have carried countless noobs thru their 1st run. A 4 man raid will be no different from regular mission though. The whole point of the raid was to allow more than 4 players.  

well.. i don't think it's will be like regular mission, the style of raids is very unique compare to normal mission (a style that i really like by the way)

50 minutes ago, Wind_Blade said:

well.. i don't think it's will be like regular mission, the style of raids is very unique compare to normal mission (a style that i really like by the way)

I hope we get raids back. If not then I propose two new future raids.  An easy raid between level 60-80 where 8 Tenno are fighting Ballas but only on one plain like LOR. And a hard raid between level 100-155 where 8 Tenno are fighting Lotus in multiple plain like JV where some of us will have specific objective to do using only operator while rest of the teammates are helping with frame or providing air support using Archwing. Lotus is the god so I imagine our Operator will play a huge role in damaging her. 

I would like raids to return but for Warframe raids to come back I feel they will need to be completely re-formatted.

-        No 8 players – limit raids 4 players just every mission other mission. That is a team layout everyone is already used too and it will reduce bugginess due to player-hosting (hopefully).

-        Have a group finding system – so players can search for a specific team build. i.e. healer, tank, etc. Having to wait and search hours to find another player killed the momentum of raids.

-        Raids should take place on 1 uniquely designed large map with several objectives (like P.o.E. bounties or other FPS games); having to do a 3 map series (like sorties) was painful and took too long with a large group. Also there are many well designed mastery rank trails and I would love to see a lot more MR-like situations integrated in the game.

-        Enemies should be reworked to not just be a swarming horde of bullet sponges – a bullet sponge enemy is fine for regular endurance missions but I feel raids should offer more tactics that equipment checks. Almost every situation results into just being mob-swarming.

-        Biggest issue of Raids are the God Frames, God Builds, etc. I feel for raids to be truly effective we (players) need to be capped in our builds. Either raids have a mod capacity cap, disabled player mods or simply players choose from a role-based build template for raids. Seriously certain frames with certain builds can single-handedly break the game with players able to 1 shot a 100 enemies at the same time.

o   Mod Template builds – mod builds based on raid-members role. This mod set up will replace player’s mod set up with a pre-built mod layout – these are based off the current set mods to help provide an idea of what each role could be:

§  Gladiator

§  Hunter

§  Augur

§  Vigilante

1 hour ago, (XB1)Nightseid said:

I would like raids to return but for Warframe raids to come back I feel they will need to be completely re-formatted.

-        No 8 players – limit raids 4 players just every mission other mission. That is a team layout everyone is already used too and it will reduce bugginess due to player-hosting (hopefully).

-        Have a group finding system – so players can search for a specific team build. i.e. healer, tank, etc. Having to wait and search hours to find another player killed the momentum of raids.

-        Raids should take place on 1 uniquely designed large map with several objectives (like P.o.E. bounties or other FPS games); having to do a 3 map series (like sorties) was painful and took too long with a large group. Also there are many well designed mastery rank trails and I would love to see a lot more MR-like situations integrated in the game.

-        Enemies should be reworked to not just be a swarming horde of bullet sponges – a bullet sponge enemy is fine for regular endurance missions but I feel raids should offer more tactics that equipment checks. Almost every situation results into just being mob-swarming.

-        Biggest issue of Raids are the God Frames, God Builds, etc. I feel for raids to be truly effective we (players) need to be capped in our builds. Either raids have a mod capacity cap, disabled player mods or simply players choose from a role-based build template for raids. Seriously certain frames with certain builds can single-handedly break the game with players able to 1 shot a 100 enemies at the same time.

o   Mod Template builds – mod builds based on raid-members role. This mod set up will replace player’s mod set up with a pre-built mod layout – these are based off the current set mods to help provide an idea of what each role could be:

§  Gladiator

§  Hunter

§  Augur

§  Vigilante

The whole point of the raid is allow more than 4 players. With 4 players it will be just like regular mission except longer with more objectives. 

15 hours ago, (PS4)KiillahX said:

The whole point of the raid is allow more than 4 players. With 4 players it will be just like regular mission except longer with more objectives. 

Old raids felt like 8 player regular missions/sorties anyways. I did not feel it offered much in ways tactics and challenge, that wasn't already offered in regular missions.

Edited by (XB1)Nightseid

Nearly no one played raids, they were bugged as hell -- we had to restart one of three raids due to a wide diversity of bugs. Especially Jordas Verdict.  It's a huge development time cost compared to the negligible fraction of players who will actually enjoy it.

If they happen to fix the bugs without having to actively work on them (which will not happen), then they should not bother. There hasn't been any content put out on Warframe for some time now, so taking ressources to bring back a gamemode nearly no one ill enjoy isn't a wise decision in any existing way. The vast majority of people would rather have Fortuna and Railjack than bringing a gamemode that was for the most part already dead before it was unplugged.

Il y a 4 heures, Meri_ a dit :

Nearly no one played raids, they were bugged as hell -- we had to restart one of three raids due to a wide diversity of bugs. Especially Jordas Verdict.  It's a huge development time cost compared to the negligible fraction of players who will actually enjoy it.

If they happen to fix the bugs without having to actively work on them (which will not happen), then they should not bother. There hasn't been any content put out on Warframe for some time now, so taking ressources to bring back a gamemode nearly no one ill enjoy isn't a wise decision in any existing way. The vast majority of people would rather have Fortuna and Railjack than bringing a gamemode that was for the most part already dead before it was unplugged.

nearly no one ? it's was an 10~ digit of percent.... that maybe seem low but in term of millions players that definity a lot.. and that not because you don't player them that the others don't play them and stop about bug. i have done thousands of raids and they was rarly majors buggs and even for the others.. this argument is an argument from people that have do really a low number of time the raids

So all your argument is irrelevent now.. and that was the only gamemode that achieve to be a end game mod so it's not a waste to keep veterans in game every day

Il y a 20 heures, (PS4)KiillahX a dit :

No being at 8 players make the choice of ladout more large because we have enough players that already do the roles .. so a lot of complains about eidolons are already gone with this gamemode

and now .. the fact that was a unique tileset with uniques missions (the way to killing nerf) was really good because it's was nothing like others gamemode.. put them in a open world map and random mission will be just another sortie... the true reason behind the remove of raids was not the gamemode himself but the fact that the core of the gamemode in term of codding need to be recodded (because they was a lot of bugs yea .. but only minors bugs that you don't even care about in fact)

I agree with bringing the Raids back (Law of Retribution and Jordas Verdict), at least you have more players playing the game, which indirectly that is keeping the game alive.

Even though many would argue that the raids don't have a place in Warframe or being part of the lore, but I totally believe (just relating to what I said from the other posts made about bringing the raids back, where everyone hates) if you do just like assassin's creed, where the trials are just a memory accessing point where it's part of a bigger picture to try and awaken the 'full' potential of the operator, this would actually make more sense. So, by reaccessing memory blocks/points, we gradually make the operator stronger, and more importantly to try and regain the their memories back so that more cool stuff can be done, implemented to make them stronger than what they are now (that is; I don't think the current operator form is tier-3-max-level strong yet. There's much to be improved on). From that, this ties in neatly with the concept of “Warframe: The Old War” (which you do raids and gain more power for the operator) and so that you can use the unlocked powers in “Warframe: The New War”.

Anyway, thanks for the read.

On 2018-10-11 at 8:03 AM, (XB1)Nightseid said:

Old raids felt like 8 player regular missions/sorties anyways. I did not feel it offered much in ways tactics and challenge, that wasn't already offered in regular missions.

You still do not understand the point. Raid is a 8 player objective. Whats the point having a longer 4 player mission??

On 2018-10-11 at 8:48 AM, Meri_ said:

Thousands if not million of players raided every day. I am not sure what you talking about. 

17 hours ago, (PS4)KiillahX said:

Thousands if not million of players raided every day. I am not sure what you talking about.  

Not according to DE. Pretty sure it was Scott sometime around devstream 100 who said that while raids did have a very dedicated group of players it was a very small part of the overall Warframe playerbase. They also said it basically took two full time devs to fix the constant glitches in the raid and it was better for the game overall to have those devs working on things that would impact a much larger chunk of the playerbase.

On 2018-10-12 at 5:24 PM, (PS4)KiillahX said:

You still do not understand the point. Raid is a 8 player objective. Whats the point having a longer 4 player mission??

No, I get it. 

You have forgotten that folks were able to beat the 8 player raids with only 4 members (min max) - so what's the point of an 8 player raid when 4 players beat the missions anyways?

The point of a longer 4 player missions is simple - (1) easier to get a group together and (2) hopefully, easier to design. Like I mentioned, raids would need to completely reformatted especially considering all different god builds.

Edited by (XB1)Nightseid

Il y a 16 heures, (XB1)Nightseid a dit :

No, I get it. 

You have forgotten that folks were able to beat the 8 player raids with only 4 members (min max) - so what's the point of an 8 player raid that can beat 4 players anyways?

The point of a longer 4 player missions is simple - (1) easier to get a group together and (2) hopefully, easier to design. Like I mentioned, raids would need to completely reformatted especially considering all different god builds.

Because even if it's was possible to do it with 4 only, the base design of coperation are more demanding than an 4 players missions like eidolons that require no cordination at  all comparing to the raids.. And they gameplay was quite unique. And being more than 4 was really good to do daily mission with friend of your dojo or others.

Without speaking of the beautiful game design of JV that use perfectly the arcwhing and the game movement system (and funny puzzle to that asking cordination to)

Edited by Wind_Blade

1 hour ago, Wind_Blade said:

Because even if it's was possible to do it with 4 only, the base design of coperation are more demanding than an 4 players missions like eidolons that require no cordination at  all comparing to the raids.. And they gameplay was quite unique. And being more than 4 was really good to do daily mission with friend of your dojo or others.

Without speaking of the beautiful game design of JV that use perfectly the arcwhing and the game movement system (and funny puzzle to that asking cordination to)

Raids simply need to be re-formatted.

I loved the design but looking for 8 players it took too long w/o a look for group function to speed up the process. Note I'm on console - we have smaller and more casual population than PC. It took literal hours to find/keep a group. 

8 player raids I feel is only the small problem or at least contributed to the bugginess issue. The raids system had other issues, which have been addressed previously in the thread.

Hopefully this new railjack mode will mark the return of a new type of raid.

à l’instant, (XB1)Nightseid a dit :

Raids simply need to be re-formatted.

I loved the design but looking for 8 players it took too long w/o a look for group function to speed up the process. Note I'm on console - we have smaller and more casual population than PC. It took literal hours to find/keep a group. 

8 player raids I feel is only the small problem or at least contributed to the bugginess issue. The raids system had other issues, which have been addressed previously in the thread.

Hopefully this new railjack mode will mark the return of a new type of raid.

Well, if it's only the problem to find players on consoles we can add an option of matchmaking like eidolon ? either you create your own squad either you search the last member in  the matchmaking

(in pc it's not a problem)

For me the major problems with the raids that it their are not integradted to the players. The game never speak about them and their key is hiden deep inside the market

1 minute ago, Wind_Blade said:

Well, if it's only the problem to find players on consoles we can add an option of matchmaking like eidolon ? either you create your own squad either you search the last member in  the matchmaking

(in pc it's not a problem)

For me the major problems with the raids that it their are not integradted to the players. The game never speak about them and their key is hiden deep inside the market

Another problem with 8 players (at least on console), console is limited on the hardware. So hosting and process is limiting too. Whenever the game bugs out it is normally when I enter a populated community hub (cetus, or relays).

Anyways other problems with raids were god builds, and enemy a.i.

On 2018-10-11 at 7:15 PM, Wind_Blade said:

it's was an 10~ digit of percent.

source plz. As eleven eighteen said:

On 2018-10-13 at 4:32 PM, (XB1)eleven eighteen said:

it was Scott sometime around devstream 100 who said that while raids did have a very dedicated group of players it was a very small part of the overall Warframe playerbase.

I don't know myself who exactly said that, but it has been repeated multiple times. The playerbase was too insignificant to justify devs working on it

Why? Why bring back 8-player missions that are riddled to hell and back with bugs (main reason they got removed in the first place) which you can only complete once every day, with terrible rewards on average?

Yeah, tridolons have terrible rewards on average as well, but at least you're not limited to fighting the trio once a day, and the bugs are an annoyance at worst.

17 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

Why? Why bring back 8-player missions that are riddled to hell and back with bugs (main reason they got removed in the first place) which you can only complete once every day, with terrible rewards on average?

Yeah, tridolons have terrible rewards on average as well, but at least you're not limited to fighting the trio once a day, and the bugs are an annoyance at worst.

The bug started happening after the eidolon patch. All raids ran fine for years without any bugs. And ya you can only do it once every 24 hrs for reward but a  lot of people did it multiple times for fun. I used to do it 4-5 times a day. 

Il y a 1 heure, Pizzarugi a dit :

The loot can be changed to, that not the problem, and yea they was no bugs before the eidolons, and if they bring back they wil be debugged from the core

While i agree that we need more "teamwork" missions  (or missions with 8 players) I feel the Raids don't need to come back in the same way they were. They need to accomodate for all the new equipment (and movement system) we had since they were created. Even for operators.

Also, they need to be a Node in the system, not a key. Youtube it's full of reviewers who tried warframe before Plains of Eidolon who didn't even knew raids existed.

It needs to be more accessible, but retain the teamwork aspect. Make it a high requirement to enter, like the Arbitrations. High level enemies. Special Units. That kind of thing. 

Il y a 23 heures, Arandabido a dit :

While i agree that we need more "teamwork" missions  (or missions with 8 players) I feel the Raids don't need to come back in the same way they were. They need to accomodate for all the new equipment (and movement system) we had since they were created. Even for operators.

Also, they need to be a Node in the system, not a key. Youtube it's full of reviewers who tried warframe before Plains of Eidolon who didn't even knew raids existed.

It needs to be more accessible, but retain the teamwork aspect. Make it a high requirement to enter, like the Arbitrations. High level enemies. Special Units. That kind of thing.  

I'm agree, yea the key system was rather no-newfriendly

But i'm not against the integrations of new mechanics like tenno, it's will be amazing

But we need to keep the 8 players, the high cooperation (puzzle or no) needed, and add some movement requirement

If we do that, we will get a fresh gamemode that is very good and really unique that don't seem like the others