Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is DE gonna balance the disposition or not?

Marvelous_A

Rivens make unpopular weapons get used.  Then when people use these weapons other people want the disposition nerfed.  Sounds like they are working as intended.  Altering dispositions frequently will just create riven "seasons".  No thank you.  People had a chance to use these weapons all along and chose Soma, Tigris and Galatine.  Don't get mad now, everyone had a chance to make all weapons have a low disposition.  Most people are just mad they can't afford the rivens now.

Just now, (PS4)thowed said:

Rivens make unpopular weapons get used.  Then when people use these weapons other people want the disposition nerfed.  Sounds like they are working as intended.  Altering dispositions frequently will just create riven "seasons".  No thank you.  People had a chance to use these weapons all along and chose Soma, Tigris and Galatine.  Don't get mad now, everyone had a chance to make all weapons have a low disposition.  Most people are just mad they can't afford the rivens now.

Nobody wants dispositions nerfed because people use unpopular weapons. They want them nerfed when the disposition for popular weapons is high.

Is the Tiberon Prime unpopular? No, it's pretty much the best rifle in the game. And has a disposition of 5. You think the Gram will remain unpopular after the release of the prime? I'm pretty sure it will become one of the most popular melee weapons out there.

Just now, rune_me said:

Nobody wants dispositions nerfed because people use unpopular weapons. They want them nerfed when the disposition for popular weapons is high.

Is the Tiberon Prime unpopular? No, it's pretty much the best rifle in the game. And has a disposition of 5. You think the Gram will remain unpopular after the release of the prime? I'm pretty sure it will become one of the most popular melee weapons out there.

So you want unpopular weapons disposition nerfed after they become popular, which is the intended purpose of the riven?  So basically like I said, you want to create riven seasons.  Again no thank you.

1 minute ago, (PS4)thowed said:

So you want unpopular weapons disposition nerfed after they become popular, which is the intended purpose of the riven?  So basically like I said, you want to create riven seasons.  Again no thank you.

Well that's the official reason for having rivens in the game. To balance disposition based on popularity.

What I want personally, is to not have rivens at all. But that's not happening.

Riven seasons have been debunked time and time again for ages it's no longer even funny. Given time, any particular weapon's popularity will stabilize eventually. Even at worst, it's still a non issue.

Seems like most people just mad that they paid hundreds/thousands of dollars for a riven and don't want it to get nerfed.

Just now, rune_me said:

Well that's the official reason for having rivens in the game. To balance disposition based on popularity.

What I want personally, is to not have rivens at all. But that's not happening.

I see your point that's the intended purpose.  I just highly doubt DE is gonna adjust dispositions every 3 months.  It would be extra work and P off alot of players.  I'm just happy I bought a Gram riven when melee first came out bc i liked the weapon.  Now I really get to enjoy it.

2 minutes ago, Wesgile said:

Riven seasons have been debunked time and time again for ages it's no longer even funny. Given time, any particular weapon's popularity will stabilize eventually. Even at worst, it's still a non issue.

Seems like most people just mad that they paid hundreds/thousands of dollars for a riven and don't want it to get nerfed.

How's it been debunked when it's never been done?  That's what riven disposition nerf cryers are calling for essentially.  I paid 20p for a Gram riven when melee rivens first came out.  Know why?  Because I LIKED the weapon.  I would advise everyone to do the same and stop worrying about what everyone else has.  This topic has ran it's course for me.  There's no good points or understanding of the riven system itself being made.  So have a good one everyone.

Just now, (PS4)thowed said:

oh my god the logic on that skull 

SUPERMAN DOSE NOT NEED CRUTCHES TO FLY FOR CRYING OUT LOAD ! 

and DE is the one who choose who get to be superman and who get to be a crawling cockroach

DE are making quick buck out of everyone one involved in this horrible cancer and the last 

Gram Prime just prove my points even further , DE claimed they designed Riven system to make us use underused weapons

and this was flawed system from the start since its not giving that gun anything special , just more damage and thats it ! 

how the hell would you say balancing the riven every week will make things worse ? how is that ? in what world do that  apply to ? 

because in my world Kohm and Tiberon prime and Pyarana prime and Gram prime Rivens are the Gods , and all other weapons 

are peasants no matter what god roll you put on them... the God-Race will 💩 all over them without one and this is not okay 

and who get to be the judge, jury and executioner in this whole mess hm ? DE ! they have total control on who descend to

peasants-hood and who ascend to god-hood and what weapon get buried alive , open your eyes people stop defending this ! 

DE knows anything they do will cause players to grab their torches and pitchforks so it's not like there is an easy solution to fixing the whole Riven system. Even worse is that they know it's their own fault for neglecting to make disposition dynamic from the beginning like they said.

They're also trying to get Fortuna done before the year's out. They won't (and can't) delay the update to go through the effort of fixing Rivens right now.

But as far as the conspiracy theories over DE neglecting the system to sell plat; people need to get over themselves. DE didn't set Riven prices, the players did. And not DE or Riven system itself forces or even incentivizes players to spend 10-50k platinum on a single Riven.

Players are spending this because they want to. And power to them as they're helping to keep the game running.

5 minutes ago, trst said:

DE knows anything they do will cause players to grab their torches and pitchforks so it's not like there is an easy solution to fixing the whole Riven system. Even worse is that they know it's their own fault for neglecting to make disposition dynamic from the beginning like they said.

They're also trying to get Fortuna done before the year's out. They won't (and can't) delay the update to go through the effort of fixing Rivens right now.

But as far as the conspiracy theories over DE neglecting the system to sell plat; people need to get over themselves. DE didn't set Riven prices, the players did. And not DE or Riven system itself forces or even incentivizes players to spend 10-50k platinum on a single Riven.

Players are spending this because they want to. And power to them as they're helping to keep the game running.

you're brainwashed and not seeing the ugly picture DE are painting with this riven system right now

and i'll ask you this and please answer it (no gliding please i am tired) now lets return years back :

did any one in the playerbase felt forced/allured/baited (its all the same thing) to buy Tiberon rivens for 1k and up ?

fast forward to Zypher prime access and people started salivating all over its rivens and the minimum price was 1k

how did that happen ? what divine intervention made a weapon collecting dust into the most powercreep in the game ?

wait , its all clear now , i can see it now , how did i miss this .... it was ..... DE ALL ALONG ! 

and to anyone who clear DE if any misdeeds or knowledge when it comes to Riven Disposition read this

On 2018-09-24 at 7:48 AM, Yatazanami said:

the smug demons never did lol ! check this 

Reveal hidden contents

r2qVOcm.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

xji46Vd.jpg

now compare that with this old dog 

Reveal hidden contents

KBLOCFZ.png

if we dont stand up, we're going to see more of this ! i mean we get the same déjà vu 3 times already have mercy DE  ! 😞  

On 2018-09-24 at 8:48 AM, LupisV0lk said:

You have to be a special kind of stupid to take stock in "leaked" stats being 100% confirmed.

On 2018-09-24 at 10:38 AM, Yatazanami said:

Tiberon prime was leaked in the devstream (minus the riven disposition for obvious reasons )

Related image

now compare it with the final product :

Reveal hidden contents

51777726EDA9C969A61221597C39FDBD10435C03

now look me in the eyes and answer this ! 

are you naive enough to believe all of this was by mere accident ? how many prime accesses/vaults has been passed without any change to this power-creep ?

are you so brainwashed that you think DE will change Gram Prime leaked stats when they admitted they have no plan for Chroma Rework ?

look, Reworking Frames only with Deluxe/Prime access release is LAZY! , but not bothering altogether is so Scummy and Greedy and not Okay !

this is a 50$ package minimum let that sink in , for that kind of money i can buy Shadow die Twice / Red dead redemption 2 / Devil may cry 5 / freaking Monster-hunter world. etc ..

and if we eat this in silence ... then expect to see more of this soon 

you're a consumer like me and we have a common interest , please stand by me 🙂

Edited by Yatazanami

15 minutes ago, Yatazanami said:

you're brainwashed and not seeing the ugly picture DE are painting with this riven system right now

and i'll ask you this and please answer it (no gliding please i am tired) now lets return years back :

did any one in the playerbase felt forced/allured/baited (its all the same thing) to buy Tiberon rivens for 1k and up ?

fast forward to Zypher prime access and people started salivating all over its rivens and the minimum price was 1k

how did that happen ? what divine intervention made a weapon collecting dust into the most powercreep in the game ?

wait , its all clear now , i can see it now , how did i miss this .... it was ..... DE ALL ALONG ! 

Yeah, no.

Again DE didn't decide the plat value of Rivens. The only way DE could be to blame for Riven prices would be if these Rivens were mandatory to completing all the content, which they aren't.

These closest we have to this is optimized Eidolon farming but Rivens are only mandatory for this if you're impatient and want to get as many captures in a single night cycle.

And it doesn't matter what changes DE can make to Rivens, if players are willing to spend 10k+ on a Riven now then there will be players spending 10k+ later.

2 hours ago, (PS4)thowed said:

It's working as intended, except the current disposition is for weapons from 2 years ago. Explain Tonkor, Soma, Tiberon, Pyrana.

Edited by Marvelous_A

You see the biggest issue with changing the riven deposition is..............The god roll rivens that have you guy's panties in a twist will stay the same, worse still they'll go up in price because they are now god tier rivens due to the change in riven deposition. So not only would you accomplish nothing, you'd have made everything even worse than where we started.

GG All the REEE

5 minutes ago, trst said:

Yeah, no.

Again DE didn't decide the plat value of Rivens. The only way DE could be to blame for Riven prices would be if these Rivens were mandatory to completing all the content, which they aren't.

These closest we have to this is optimized Eidolon farming but Rivens are only mandatory for this if you're impatient and want to get as many captures in a single night cycle.

And it doesn't matter what changes DE can make to Rivens, if players are willing to spend 10k+ on a Riven now then there will be players spending 10k+ later.

you're one tough eel to grab , DE have major hand on helping the playersbase diced on what gun get to be in the 2k tier

stop lying to your teeth, and go to the market right now ! and sell your rotting hind riven for 1k and see if anyone will take 

your bs seriously, you can keep trying for days i dont care since i already know the result , and stop playing the 

''its not nesecarry and nobody is forcing you and you have complete choice REEEEEEE'  and for that i agree 

i have total choice not to get screwed by someone trying to sell me a hind riven for 500p (let alone 2kp)

and they was made for one goal only, to make less performing weapons in par with the other meta weapons

the system itself is a crutch nothing else , its just a mod the have 3 mods on it nothing mind blowing ,

but DE allowed it to be used on supermans and thanoses on purpose, nobody forced them to do that

but they did it , and they're making insane amount of money from it for all the wrong reasons , 

please go check the prices for Gram prime now and comeback and look me in the eyes and tell me it was all the players 

choice to turn him into another powercreep that crap all over galatine prime , argue the point and stop making excuses for DE ! .

49 minutes ago, LupisV0lk said:

You see the biggest issue with changing the riven deposition is..............The god roll rivens that have you guy's panties in a twist will stay the same, worse still they'll go up in price because they are now god tier rivens due to the change in riven deposition. So not only would you accomplish nothing, you'd have made everything even worse than where we started.

GG All the REEE

I believe DE stated with disposition change it will reflect on the existing rivens too (no source tho it was at least a year ago perhaps). We don't have enough disposition adjustment to prove it anyway. If they are to keep these at least give the true weak and underused weapons a reasonable disposition too.

Edited by Marvelous_A

3 hours ago, (PS4)xtharbadx said:

The Riven disposition system is basically a design flaw that doesn't really have a obvious fix.

Imagine that DE does start to do disposition revisions frequently.

Today you spend 1k plat on a Riven for a weapon with 5 dispo, a week later that weapon becomes popular and the disposition goes down to 1.

I can only imagine the outcry of the people that have invested on a Riven for their favourite weapon..

It wasn't their favorite weapon if temporarily lower riven stats make them shy away from it.

Balancing the dispositions regularly would encourage people to hunt rivens for weapons they love, not for power. I mean, it's still power, just... not the motivation. :T

1 hour ago, (PS4)thowed said:

I see your point that's the intended purpose.  I just highly doubt DE is gonna adjust dispositions every 3 months.  It would be extra work and P off alot of players.  I'm just happy I bought a Gram riven when melee first came out bc i liked the weapon.  Now I really get to enjoy it.

They might get mad the first time, but of course they will.  If the disposition updates were regular, there would be nothing to whine about, everything would be fair about it once we moved past the old way.

Edited by KochDerFrettchen

3 hours ago, (PS4)xtharbadx said:

The Riven disposition system is basically a design flaw that doesn't really have a obvious fix.

Imagine that DE does start to do disposition revisions frequently.

Today you spend 1k plat on a Riven for a weapon with 5 dispo, a week later that weapon becomes popular and the disposition goes down to 1.

I can only imagine the outcry of the people that have invested on a Riven for their favourite weapon..

I do think this is better coz it encourages people to keep trying weapons and initiates constant trading.

If the disposition drops, people stop using a certain weapon and some time later the disposition goes up again and all weapons get their chance to perform.

The case now is you can stick with the same weapon for 2 years it still outperforms vast amount of other weapons and you stick with the same riven until this game is dead.

Riven system is to encourage use of underused weapons not encourage you to spend thousands of plats on 1 single OP weapon and seek no change.

Edited by Marvelous_A

2 minutes ago, KochDerFrettchen said:

It wasn't their favorite weapon if temporarily lower riven stats make them shy away from it.

Balancing the dispositions regularly would encourage people to hunt rivens for weapons they love, not for power. I mean, it's still power, just... not the motivation. :T

i second this ! damn right ! they set the cancer loose in this game without reviewing all weapons individually 

its clear they made the riven disposition based on the hidden chart for weapon usage and that is why soma have 1 riven disposition..

will tiberon prime that was collecting dust get 5 stars disposition , but they betrayed they're promise to us and reworked him

completely and made him into the most outrages powercreep ever and primed him so they're contradicting themselves hard and

they know it lol.

36 minutes ago, trst said:

Yeah, no.

Okay I'm going to say this once. They knew what they were #*!%ing doing. Rivens are designed to be profitable. Every single layer of RNG decreases the chance of things people want being created and increases the time required to create those things. This creates an intense scarcity in supply while the demand is strong from a crowd of minmaxers capable of extracting large amounts of currency from the playerbase or their own wallets. Baddabing Baddaboom prices may rocket through the sky but this is not rocket science.

DE

designed

Rivens

to

Addict

and

Profit