Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is DE gonna balance the disposition or not?

Marvelous_A

6 minutes ago, Yatazanami said:

you'r 💩posting , i am 💩posting , lets have some fun

Hide contents

and lets use you to bump the thread, keep up the good work 👊

N... no? I merely pointed out that you said you were going to sleep. You have clearly continued posting despite that.

Kinda makes it look like you're really worked up about the subject (read "far too over the top and emotional"), especially when you immediately get super aggressive towards someone for simply pointing out something you said earlier.

Whatever, you won't last long here with posts like this.

To see what the game's future might bring, stay in tune with the Developer Workshop on the forums and the official streams, announced in the NEWS terminal of your orbiter.
Asking players what the developers will do is equal to asking them to gaze into a crystal ball. Clarification will not be achieved without officially published information, and speculation does not count as a valid answer.
On another note, trying to get support on statements of dissatisfaction is not quite something that should be done here.
Also,

unknown.png

unknown.png

Just now, DeMonkey said:

N... no? I merely pointed out that you said you were going to sleep. You have clearly continued posting despite that.

Kinda makes it look like you're really worked up about the subject (read "far too over the top and emotional"), especially when you immediately get super aggressive towards someone for simply pointing out something you said earlier.

Whatever, you won't last long here with posts like this.

i hope you dont report that because i am staying completely respectful and mindful on everyone i replayed to 

(no personal attacks using name calling) and 

you're clearly baiting for responses that have nothing to do with this topic at hand how is that even okay 

and you ignored allllll of my points and just quoted that tiny thing and made a whole post around it ? be real man

if you're not going to discus the heart of the matter then you're 100% at fault here by hijacking this topic with your 

flame baiting comments to get this thread locked .

4 minutes ago, cxll said:

To see what the game's future might bring, stay in tune with the Developer Workshop on the forums and the official streams, announced in the NEWS terminal of your orbiter.
Asking players what the developers will do is equal to asking them to gaze into a crystal ball. Clarification will not be achieved without officially published information, and speculation does not count as a valid answer.
On another note, trying to get support on statements of dissatisfaction is not quite something that should be done here.
Also,

unknown.png

unknown.png

Thanks for the clarification although I believe that's what the forum is for. Players say things be it praising or criticizing.

Edited by Marvelous_A

hmm this all has escalated quickly to people just shouting at each other 

The riven market/rivens are a sphere container of nitroglycerin next to a ramp that's the hard truth 

for those who dont/cant be asked to look up know nitroglycerin is a very volatile chemical when outside forces are applied like rolling down a ramp into a wall

The sheer notion De is going to sweep the disposition or even touch it alittle is nudging the ball down the ramp the resulting fallout gets sellers and buyers """concerned""" for there investment in the object that barely acknowledges object permanence (specially back in the day when rolling completely changed everything about it) 

the only way to fix it IMHO is flat out remove it so we don't have to deal with it it was neat thing to try but it clearly isn't freaking working how they want let the inital REEEing pass over and then stuff can regain the semblance of goddamn sense! 

most of you are just reminding me of south park where all the towns folk gather in-front of city hall and shout rabble when they all get together on something they don't like 

Edited by seprent
spelling mistakes I AM REALLY TIRED AND TIRED OF RIVEN THREADS

5 hours ago, MudShadow said:

To sell plat what else? doesn't really change the fact that Rivens serve no purpose as everything in the game can be cleared very easily without the use of a riven. They by and large are just there to 1. Make people feel good about doing 30k damage a shot instead of 15k (vs a enemy with 3000 health). And 2. To make players buy platinum. 

Why nerf them? 1. It won't change how the game is played. won't make it more challenging or fun to nerf players rivens. and 2. Will probably hurt their revenue as players won't trust the purchases they make when it comes to buying rivens from other players.

Actually changing riven disposition might boost DE's profits a lot because everyone would be looking after those 4 and 5 disposition weapons then, and buy those rivens. Unlike now when a lot of people already have the rivens they want, the economy should become more stagnant the longer time there is between disposition changes.

Edit: just read some posts above and yeah you are right. I didn't think of the astronomical prices rivens have now because DE doesn't change disposition. I was under the impression they did but apparently it's been over a year since the last time.

I still don't think it would be only bad for DE profits to change riven disposition because then people would just buy the rivens for new good disposition weapons and some arcane energize and whatnot. The money would always go somewhere as long as people are interested in the game. And let me tell you, people will lose interest faster because of riven disposition being unchanged because that means sticking to your old weapons instead of trying new ones. It gets boring after a while and people start leaving anyways.

DE has great potential to turn this around due to abundance of weapons out there, and I bet people stop buying rivens for high price when they realize you can do content without them.

Edited by BoarWarrior

Well, just to throw sometime out there that hasn't been mentioned, even if DE changes the disposition, what about existing riven stats? Should those be lowered to accommodate the lower disposition? (or higher, whatever it is i can never get that part right) If they DID do that, then that would 1) be a slap in the face to players that spent millions of kuva rerolling it to get the stats they wanted 2) cause alot of outcry because of all the effort that goes into rolling rivens. If they DIDNT adjust existing stats, then changing dispos would only affect new riven rolls, which would make existing rolls even more valuable, further inflating the already absurd market. And that my friend is a tiger DE surely dosent want to touch with a 50 foot pole.

Additionally you have the really great comment above about Riven seasons, which i agree, no thank you.

ANd with all that said, i still disprove of the absurd pricing of rivens, i refuse to pay anything higher then what a full warframe set costs, even for a meta riven i want very badly.

You know, it's actually stupid to pay more than 2k for Kohm or Lanka riven because then you might as well use that platinum to buy arcane energize and all the endo you need. Those are just for people who must have the best, whether it makes any sense or not. And there's other weapons than Kohm and Lanka that can do the job quite fine too, even Opticor and Tigris.

So economically it makes just no sense to pay more than 2k for a riven. I wonder what goes on in the heads of people who do that.

6 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

Is De gonna tell us that Soma is more frequently used than Tiberono these days?

Don't know about DE, but that's exactly what I'm gonna tell, based on my own observations.

I see people using soma almost on a daily basis to this day, while the last time I saw tiberon was month ago, when a teammate was leveling it up for mastery.

7 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

32/32 melee weapon and 2.6 crit mutiplier. And it still gets to keep 5 star disposition versus Galatine 1 star.

my inner powercreep lover be like:

Image result for warframe feels good meme

in all seriousness, yes it is kinda broken, I honestly expected DE to find that out about Tiberon prime and change it, but DE has a habit of leaving things that should be changd, and I'm a great lover of Tiberon Prime so.. i mean I agree, but I'm not gonna be crying for a nerf, you know? :crylaugh: the only thing I'm not so keen on is that Galatine Prime looks better than Gram Prime visually IMO, and I would have liked those stats on Galatine prime. (not like we don't have a ton of Heavy Blade Skins to solve the problem, just not a fan of the skins we've had so far.). also, anything can happen in regards to melee 3.0, so for all we know, every melee will end up being nearly as strong as Gram Prime anyway.

I don't have much time and patience and words for this issue, especially when the truth is simple.

DE are profiting from the brokenness of their game, which is the priming-induced power creep. Rivens merely amplify this trend.

DE announces or 'unintentionally leaks' which currently underdog-ish weapon will be buffed powercreeped with the next prime access -> the minmaxer playerbase goes nuts and creates demand for those rivens, feeling the dire urge to possess a riven for the new "king of the hill" weapon -> demand and purchases of plat occur, which fills DE's pockets with the sweet-sweet dosh.

Mark my words: on Dec 24-27 of the year 2018, Mesa Prime access will land, and it will contain the new prime secondary to outdo all other secondaries. Most llikely, it will be either akmagnus prime or aksomati prime (both have 4 dispo). The milk cows player base will go nuts, and we will meet again in the same threads such as this one. And this cycle will continue for as long as DE will have the "kingmaker" weapon candidates.

I do agree that riven disposition needs to be reviewed, they changed once to adress some power creep stuff, they often decide to change weapon mechanics 1st before they even consider riven disposition.

I was actually hoping the change would come to Gram prime, since the regular Gram was equivalent to galatine and that means with the riven thiings were balanced, but now with prime gram, dayum.

34 minutes ago, -AiLuoLi- said:

2016:

"Riven system is going to be a mistake."

"NO you dont know what ur talking about riven is the best thing ever ppl will use more weak and unpopular weapons."

2018:

mtn6FN6.png 

And that's DE fault ?

I've been playing with a bunch of guns that ain't top tier because of rivens.

It's totally in the hands of the players. They want bigger numbers even tho they don't need it.So they stick to the top 5.

I can still do all the content in the game with a Hystrix. Yes, a Hystrix. A secondary weapon that people hate.

Rivens are not the problem, player mentality is.

8 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

I do agree that riven disposition needs to be reviewed, they changed once to adress some power creep stuff, they often decide to change weapon mechanics 1st before they even consider riven disposition.

I was actually hoping the change would come to Gram prime, since the regular Gram was equivalent to galatine and that means with the riven thiings were balanced, but now with prime gram, dayum.

i want to hug you forever for actually discussing my the points directly , have a lik sir ! let's put our hands together to stop this madness from spreading and show DE 

we're not okay with it ! 

Edited by Yatazanami

3 minutes ago, Yatazanami said:

another fellow consumer who i helped make him(i believe so) see the light

I've seen this light (or at least the first uneven rays of it) back in the days when rivens were a new thing.

Rivens are the second biggest mistake DE made after the whole shonen-style main plot with space kids. But unlike some narrative stupidness, the whole riven debacle actually can bite them in their rears.

PS: I'm looking very attentively to the whole "anti-gambling in video games" movement that started with EA's defiance of the Belgium anti-gambling laws, and looking forward to see whether or not it will lash DE as well

Edited by Teloch

7 minutes ago, Teloch said:

I've seen this light (or at least the first uneven rays of it) back in the days when rivens were a new thing.

Rivens are the second biggest mistake DE made after the whole shonen-style main plot with space kids. But unlike some narrative stupidness, the whole riven debacle actually can bite them in their rears.

PS: I'm looking very attentively to the whole "anti-gambling in video games" movement that started with EA's defiance of the Belgium anti-gambling laws, and looking forward to see whether or not it will lash DE as well

we're so like minded to the point that i believe you're my other twin i've been seeing so much dreams about for years !  Warframe is rare gem , lets help them by valid criticism

to not stain it any further, and make it SHINE BRIGHT LIKE A DIAMOND! [rihanna lol] .

Edited by Yatazanami

2 minutes ago, Teloch said:

so much anger.

you think it would be better without Rivens ? My Hystrix would be barely viable making the top 5 guns even more used all the time. Don't know whats the problem a part from the fact you might think some Rivens you want cost too much plat ? Otherwise, how does it affect how you play the game ? What did Rivens change ?

There is no debacle, Rivens are fun. Yeah disposition could be adjusted, but remove rivens ? lol

btw, you can keep looking, Warframe is far from the "gambling" problem. They even removed a "gambling" mechanic with the Kavats 2 days after they released it because somebody spent 2000 $ in one day on the feature. (you would know that if you would've watched Warframe documentary)

So, I dunno how the whole game statistics thing works, neither do I care much, but wouldn't it be possible to stick this gun popularity data into a bot and just auto-balnce the disposition? I mean, you'd only need to set this up once and just run it every season or two for your Winter/Autumn/Summer/Spring dispositions. It was a matter of math to begin with, so why not just leave it at that?

Edited by Infirito