Is DE gonna balance the disposition or not?

2 hours ago, Cubewano said:

Anything that drains platinum from the games market is a good thing for DE monetarily speaking, less platinum in rotation leads to more demand for platinum from DE which means more cash purchases for them. Trading acts as a sink of sorts for platinum, with rivens being one of their biggest drains.

But plat isn’t drained from trading.  It just moves from one body to another.  None of it leaves the system.

The only time plat leaves the system is when you give it to DE in return for something (faster timers, market items, etc).

6 hours ago, ShortCat said:

The role mechanic works just like a slotmashine and will release endorphine and influence people prone to such actions. Rolling requires Kuva, which can be farmed and will be farmed 24/7 and can be boosted with purchasable bossters. The initial gambling addiction goes into gaming addiction. The money those people spend on gambling/gaming in most cases comes from stealing or borrowing. Just because someone spend a hefty sum on plat does not mean prosperity. Legaly, DE's guilt is debatable, but morally it would be their responsibility to prevent such behaviour.

Unfortunately, there are people who are doing exactly that, due weakness of character or lack of life expereince or even intelligence. They also exist in Warframe, otherwise digital items would not be traded for such ammounts. And again, there is no legal obligation that pressures DE, but a moral one. 

You said it in a way that made sense. I did not. lol

1 minute ago, aswitz87 said:

But plat isn’t drained from trading.  It just moves from one body to another.  None of it leaves the system.

The only time plat leaves the system is when you give it to DE in return for something (faster timers, market items, etc).

If you assume they do nothing with the plat but trade it around sure, but realistically a fair share of plat acquired from trades will go into buying plat based items, and some will even just be hoarded which is just as good as it being entirely removed from the economy as nobody will see it again, that's a drain. Then there's also the consideration of people who are willing to pay real money for plat and those who aren't, trading can move plat from those who are willing/able to pay for more into the hands of those who would have never spent directly regardless, and what's important with this method is only to drain plat from those who are capable/interested in buying directly so that's also a boon for DE. 

13 hours ago, (PS4)thowed said:

I see your point that's the intended purpose.  I just highly doubt DE is gonna adjust dispositions every 3 months.  It would be extra work

Not if they automate disposition updates. Why do they have to do it manually themselves rather than set a system that measures total usage and divide the results across 5 groups and apply the changes with a daily, weekly, on monthly refresh?

13 hours ago, (PS4)thowed said:

P off alot of players

That's on them for attaching themselves to a broken system that has not been working as intended. We would not even be having this conversation otherwise.

6 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

Then they should flat-out say so and put an end to the discussion rather than insist they need to revise the disposition because it's not resulting in the behavior they expected. You can't have your cake and it it too. People are going to call you out on it.

I dont know why you're accusing me of "wanting to have my cake and eat it too." Or what you're "calling me out on".

My position is that regardless of whatever the original intent was of the riven system, that has not been the RESULT for, again, almost 600 days, and, the massive amount of plat/time/money people have invested in these things should be respected. DE has said they want to respect player investment and they know a lot of time is spent becoming more powerful.

I honestly believe the only reason we haven't seen riven updates more often (at all, really) is because they know a lot of players who bought rivens would feel screwed over because, as I have said before, there is literally no in game explanation whatsoever on how the dispo system is "supposed to work". If anybody started playing the game less than 600 days ago, they would never have seen riven dispo changed in patch notes and wouldn't know anything about it unless they liked going through old dev streams for some reason, or went far out of their way to research it. Even then, they wouldn't know why it hasn't been changed in so long, even then, we wouldn't know if its "really" that far out of wack. How often is opticor really used? I have no idea. .

But here's the punchline. DE will do one of three things. A) leave it alone and avoid the unnecessary salt storm. B) pull a complete 180 from the way things have been and "balance" rivens based on usage and not power. Player investment be darned. Or c) some conservative balance between the two I haven't thought of. BUT they should say something about their intentions because every single day more and more people are participating in the "busted" riven market.

TLDR DE should communicate with us about this. Whether they intend to leave it pretty much as is or turn it upside down might as well rip off the bandaid now.

Is it serious that you're crying to mess up the gram or the dispotion? meele only serves up to lvl 100 (most) when you go on to make a mission and the level increases, you'll hardly use it, for your atk spd and for the amount of enemy .. I do not understand why you cry for it, gram it's good? yes, she is, but it's not for that long, stop crying and enjoy the game
Resultado de imagem para your tears meme

Well, not so long ago I crafted Gram again and bought a riven for it, so it could compete with my Galatine Prime because I preferred its aesthetics.

Never really thought that Gram Prime will be the new power creep and I am quite sure it will get nerfed eventually or its disposition will be lowered.

Since I had so much fun with the regular version, it does not bother me that much. I will enjoy it while it lasts.

With the latest patch, the combo counter goes further than the cap of 180 pre-hotfix. However, it still has a peculiar behavior which I think is intentional (thoughts at the end). It's basically the opposite of Venka Prime. While Venka Prime ranks its multiplier faster, Gram Prime have it slower, and doesn't have any 0.5x intervals (so it jumps straight to 2x, then 3x, 4x, 5x...)
I tested in Simulacrum and here's what I got:

- 30 hits: 2x multiplier
Basically to go to 5x, you need 27000 x 30 = 810 000 (lol)

It's quite insane that every weapons (except Venka Prime) gets the 3x multiplier at 135 hits, while Gram Prime gets it only at 900 (by then, Galatine Prime has a multiplier of 3.5x and will obtain 4x in 300 more hits). It's likely that it's a preview of Melee 3.0 where all weapons will have a combo meter balance based on its stance, grips and stats, because right now, Gram really outshines weapons such as Galatine only with the use of a Riven, but as many people pointed out to me, DE doesn't/shouldn't balance weapons around Riven mods.

EDIT: It's confirmed by Megan on Twitter that it's indeed a bug!

Edited by Casardis

While some are crying over Overpoweredness I'm looking forward to seeing if it can outperform my Zaw. If it does then goodbye Zaw cos the weapon looks hot as hell. While you guys are letting the power creep you out I intend on enjoying the game.

Dispositions do need rebalancing, but mainly based on power, not usage.  Or if it does have to be usage, the usage statistics should look at how many players use it with and without a riven.  Some weapons have become popular only because of their disposition.  Think scoliac.  The only reason anyone ever uses it is for the high +range modifier on its rivens.  If you were to nerf it purely based on total usage it would immediately drop to trash tier.  Instead, seeing that 95% of scoliac users have a riven on it should direct disposition logic to reduce the severity of any potential nerfs based on usage to a much smaller degree.  So if raw usage says to drop it to a 0.9, the high riven percentile might say to instead only slightly nerf it to a 1.15.  Keep it high among its classification (whips) to maintain its value as a riven-reliant weapon, while still cutting down somewhat on the degree of power the old disposition gave it.

Edited by Callback

hmm has anyone pitched the idea of a automated system for it maybe have a bot look a the usage % of weapons and once a week raise and lower disposition of weapons based on thresholds? i think that would help bring balance to this system of absurdity 

20 minutes ago, seprent said:

hmm has anyone pitched the idea of a automated system for it maybe have a bot look a the usage % of weapons and once a week raise and lower disposition of weapons based on thresholds? i think that would help bring balance to this system of absurdity 

But it wouldn't. It'd only effect the potential rivens, not the ones that are causing so much butthurt.

This is problem when a weapon gets a prime variant. The regular gram needs that 5 dispo to even come close to other greatswords in game.

Now when a prime comes and it still uses that disposition that's when problems arise.

Considering Sicarus Prime is still at 5 dispo doubt anything will be done bout this either coz it would outrage players who invested tons of kuva or plat for the rivens.