The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are you tired of parkouring around your ship/dojo all day long?

(PSN)randy_lahey__--

Many people will claim that fashion frame is the real endgame or that staying 6 hours in mot is the real endgame. I would argue none of this to be true. Real endgame is having literally nothing to do but, parkour around ship/dojo and be in trade chat all day long. While the dojo can add some interesting aspects to this endgame I.E infinite customization options. I have an issue were the dojo never really feels like home. No matter what I do in the dojo it still seems like an open warehouse. Now, there is two schools of thought for why this might be.

The first is the odvious we don't have any furniture. If they were to add this I feel like players would be happier and it would fix most issues of the endgame not being fully flushed out, BUT if you are like me you are enjoying to much endgame content to truly have time to make your own dojo. I belong to a massive clan and have zero say in anything built so this doesn't help me all that much. It will never feel like home unless I am chief designer. SO you might ask what is the second option? well we add purchasable apartment's/houses to the lands of Cetus and fortuna. Imagine tenno if you will not just parkouring in your small liset or confusing dojo, but parkouring in your own little slice of heaven in the middle of a sprawling living environment. From your house you can see the creepy robots doing slave labor while you execute a perfect bullet jump roll slide combo. Or alternatively you could here the slap of a 500 pound piece of meat hit the floor while konzu is eating his early lunch in your beautiful cottage. 

Please, Feel free to add to this idea. I am open to all criticism and would like to hear your thoughts, thank you. 

The Dojo has been ... and I'm gonna use this heavily ... a neglected system in Warframe, kind of like archwing before PoE. Despite it's recent revamp and newer features i feel DE's focused on bigger an better things ...

... but you are right, short of small fillers (decorations) here and there, there are very few "personal" customization items that can really fill the void with the lack of ambience (i.e more homey decorations) ... and in suit with some of your ideas i'd like to add that on another Dojo based post it's been discussed that the Dojo could use some creativity ... like chairs etc, and maybe even rooms that mimic a beach etc.

Sadly i'm not sure these things are in the current list of upcoming features on DE's release list. Would love to see more though, so much potential.

Edited by Errodin

9 hours ago, (PS4)randy_lahey__-- said:

Many people will claim that fashion frame is the real endgame or that staying 6 hours in mot is the real endgame. I would argue none of this to be true. Real endgame is having literally nothing to do but, parkour around ship/dojo and be in trade chat all day long. While the dojo can add some interesting aspects to this endgame I.E infinite customization options. I have an issue were the dojo never really feels like home. No matter what I do in the dojo it still seems like an open warehouse. Now, there is two schools of thought for why this might be.

The first is the odvious we don't have any furniture. If they were to add this I feel like players would be happier and it would fix most issues of the endgame not being fully flushed out, BUT if you are like me you are enjoying to much endgame content to truly have time to make your own dojo. I belong to a massive clan and have zero say in anything built so this doesn't help me all that much. It will never feel like home unless I am chief designer. SO you might ask what is the second option? well we add purchasable apartment's/houses to the lands of Cetus and fortuna. Imagine tenno if you will not just parkouring in your small liset or confusing dojo, but parkouring in your own little slice of heaven in the middle of a sprawling living environment. From your house you can see the creepy robots doing slave labor while you execute a perfect bullet jump roll slide combo. Or alternatively you could here the slap of a 500 pound piece of meat hit the floor while konzu is eating his early lunch in your beautiful cottage. 

Please, Feel free to add to this idea. I am open to all criticism and would like to hear your thoughts, thank you. 

If you look carefully, there ARE benches. Think they're either Orokin or Tenno. Anyway I put a bunch of them in my dojo Temple.

You could craft tables out of canisters and various other bits and pieces...maybe even pillar bases.

Given some of the pics people have posted on here, its possible to make just about anything, if you are creative enough.

Think the only solution to your problem is to have your own dojo.

As for a house or apartment on the Plains...think I'll pass.

1. Earth tremors from the Grineer mining operations

2. Regular Ghoul infestations

3. Infested invasions during every Plague Star event

4. Can't sleep at night due to Eidolons wailing and groaning

5. Condrocs & Kuakas eating my veggie crops

6. Konzu always bugging me to help him with his Grineer problems

:tongue:

10 hours ago, Errodin said:

it's been discussed that the Dojo could use some creativity ... like chairs etc, and maybe even rooms that mimic a beach etc.

Great Idea, why not turn the Capturas into rooms altogether.

I have to agree, while I was very excited when building my dojo, I now feel like I have a huge hangar that I sometimes go to in order to start some research.

15 hours ago, (PS4)randy_lahey__-- said:

Imagine tenno if you will not just parkouring in your small liset or confusing dojo, but parkouring in your own little slice of heaven in the middle of a sprawling living environment. 

5 hours ago, Cubewano said:

Or DE can finally give us full access to the orbiter and from there we can start to truly personalize our ships interior. We keep getting the ship in micro bits and pieces but it's supposed to be a massive vessel.

Uh... But we're in the orbiter whenever we go to our ship. The landing craft are tiny by comparison. Believe me, I've clipped into one in the relays, just that big black cylinder we latch into and little room for anything else. 

Most of the orbiter is probably storage, systems and, the engines. Heck even the Grineer on the Plains have to hitch a ride on the outside of the transports. 

24 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Uh... But we're in the orbiter whenever we go to our ship. The landing craft are tiny by comparison. Believe me, I've clipped into one in the relays, just that big black cylinder we latch into and little room for anything else. 

Most of the orbiter is probably storage, systems and, the engines. Heck even the Grineer on the Plains have to hitch a ride on the outside of the transports. 

Well there are a couple of possible explanations for this. First, Grineer tech tends to be relatively crude and simplistic. Second, they are drop troops and it may simply be more practical to ride on the craft, instead of inside them.

Our landing craft look to be of Orokin design and despite being quite small, there is a decent amount of space in them...the somatic chair room is mostly empty space. So maybe the Orbiters could have a lot of room to play with?

1 hour ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Well there are a couple of possible explanations for this. First, Grineer tech tends to be relatively crude and simplistic. Second, they are drop troops and it may simply be more practical to ride on the craft, instead of inside them.

Our landing craft look to be of Orokin design and despite being quite small, there is a decent amount of space in them...the somatic chair room is mostly empty space. So maybe the Orbiters could have a lot of room to play with?

That chair's not in your landing craft. You see the landing crafts for others in the squad, but the view is from our orbiter. 

There was some sort of bug that sometimes made the landing craft "park" horizontally in the relays, so I was able to clip right through one. It's not particularly roomy. Just the space for that black cylinder and not very much else. 

I'm thinking that the chair is in the middle of nowhere for a really good reason. 

Spoiler

All that room around the chair is probably tied to the fact that when we were first discovered after exiting the void, we had this nasty habit of obliterating anything that got too close when we were scared with our freaky weird super powers. Having anything valuable too close to us might have been a bad idea. 

Yeah the orbiter is supposed to be huge compared to the landing crafts, but remember that the orbiter is what moves us around the solar system (near?) instantaneously. The size of the drives and power system alone is probably enormous. Might not want to be too close to them either. Then there's storage space for all the cruft we've collected along the way, and whatever automated retrieval system that makes it all available at an instant's notice. I don't know how big Ordis actually is, but he's an early gen cephalon, so that may need a fair bit of space too. 

You can have all this with a little bit of creativity and patience.

My dojo (unfinished) has a Japanese themed home and a shrine atop a mountainous landscape within the grandest hall. Although incomplete at this time, members have already thought at initial introduction W*TF am I??  It takes some time to get placement and size right, but you can really make something interesting out of the dojo no with Earth themed décor and a few items donated from the Ship Decorations.

*Where

15 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

I'm aware, which is why I said they need to give us the "full" orbiter, not the orbiter period. What we have now is a bite sized piece of the orbiter, a handful of rooms tied to mechanical conveniences and that's all, there is a lot more space in the orbiter than we are given access to.

Maybe it is, may it isn't, assuming ships by entirely different manufacturers for different purposes are going to share the same general design is a large leap to make, but all the same there is a great deal of unexplored space in our orbiter that could help to enhance the sense of personal space for a player if given access to. And who knows, maybe we can get some upgrades along the way, or discover some nifty portals or the like.